Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Busket Posket posted:

Kids are tiny sociopaths.

This one's a little too lolmonkeycheese for me to believe a kid actually did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

Choco1980 posted:

This one's a little too lolmonkeycheese for me to believe a kid actually did it.

Teacher: "Test time kids."
Class: collectively groaning
Teacher: "Now get out your crayons..."

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Choco1980 posted:

Or autism or some other basic learning difficulties

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

TG-Chrono posted:

gently caress you buddy, if I'm 6 and feel like drawing rainbows I'll draw rainbows.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016

TG-Chrono posted:

kids with "basic" learning disabilities at that level of math know what a circle is and IMO they would have trouble connecting the ends, but they wouldn't have made some weird oopsy bump out the left side just to make it "imperfect" enough for some feel-good points. It's fake.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

quote:

"Gnade" means "mercy" in German. Well.

(Eisenträger means iron girder, but I dunno)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

life is a joke posted:

kids with "basic" learning disabilities at that level of math know what a circle is and IMO they would have trouble connecting the ends, but they wouldn't have made some weird oopsy bump out the left side just to make it "imperfect" enough for some feel-good points. It's fake.

Of course it's fake. That was obviously done by a guy who wished to be a kid again, but keep all of his adult memories.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Angela Christine posted:

Of course it's fake. That was obviously done by a guy who wished to be a kid again, but keep all of his adult memories.

There's a pretty good mystery manga / anime series about that running currently called "Erased".

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I remember this stage of childhood. Where you think you're smart enough to finally realize that the only reason your parents don't let you do what you want is you're not grown up and professional enough. So clearly they'll give in when you write them a reel purfeshenul letter for mature adults.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
To be honest, if my kid's old enough to make that connection and exert the effort, s/he deserves an extra half hour on Friday night. Maybe Saturday, too.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

WarpedNaba posted:

To be honest, if my kid's old enough to make that connection and exert the effort, s/he deserves an extra half hour on Friday night. Maybe Saturday, too.

To: Mom & Dad

Re: Bedtime

I would just like to once again express my gratitude to you that were were able to come to an accord during our last meeting. On behalf of myself and everyone here at TiaCORP, I wish you and yours the best, and hope we can do business again in the future.

(Dictated but not read)
Yours, Tia

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

TG-Chrono posted:

I used to do this kind of thing to teachers. It's an act of defiance and rainbows are pretty. I used to draw cartoon characters acting out the answer just to be an rear end in a top hat. I also used to answer every question incorrectly to make my teachers mad.

It must have sucked to put up with me in grade-school.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Kid stuff is fun.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

It's real.

http://www.seek.com.au/job/30771191

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

To: Mom & Dad

Re: Bedtime

I would just like to once again express my gratitude to you that were were able to come to an accord during our last meeting. On behalf of myself and everyone here at TiaCORP, I wish you and yours the best, and hope we can do business again in the future.

(Dictated but not read)
Yours, Tia

Aaaand there goes dessert. Right out the loving window.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

I was going to make a joke something like, "Looks like someone is getting straight Giraffes in a Montessori school!" but this probably isn't real. *~Alternative~* schooling is the only way this would be real, but even then that's a stretch.

Sorry if I piss anyone off about Montessori schools. Literally every one of my students that have come through schools like that have had major issues with the collegiate workload. They're smart, but struggle with a lot of the practical study skills that go along with college success. :shrug:

Unrelated:

:eyepop:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

WarpedNaba posted:

Aaaand there goes dessert. Right out the loving window.

Well, looks like I need to consult my lawyer, Tia J. Crabs, about a malfeasance suit vis-a-vis dessert and a spoken agreement for delivery of said foodstuff. Mark my words, parents, we'll slap a tantrum on you so fast your head'll spin.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Well, looks like I need to consult my lawyer, Tia J. Crabs, about a malfeasance suit vis-a-vis dessert and a spoken agreement for delivery of said foodstuff. Mark my words, parents, we'll slap a tantrum on you so fast your head'll spin.

Why am I getting an enormous Arnold Judas Rimmer vibe from the way this conversation is going

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

WarpedNaba posted:

Why am I getting an enormous Arnold Judas Rimmer vibe from the way this conversation is going

'Cause yer an enormous smeghead.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

No ring, sorry.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Busket Posket posted:

i shudder to think how amateur my first attempts looked

but there was definitely a moment i got called out by a teacher because the signature looked different and it was because my dad had actually signed it.

PYF childhood forgery stories

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FFT posted:

i shudder to think how amateur my first attempts looked

but there was definitely a moment i got called out by a teacher because the signature looked different and it was because my dad had actually signed it.

PYF childhood forgery stories

My friend and I called each other out of school one day so we could smoke pot and watch old Kung Fu movies. I believe the message we left on the machine was something like:
*in "disguised" voice
"Hello, this is Mr. Kirsk. SoliceKirsk's dad. SoliceKirsk is sick and can not come to school. I am at work so can not be reached. Thank you."

It didn't work. And if you want to see angry then try having your friend's mom have to leave her nursing job to catch her son and his friend laughing and watching cartoons while eating the baked goods she spent an entire night cooking for a bake sale.

Slack3r
Feb 20, 2004

Busket Posket posted:

Well.. That kid isn't wrong.. 2 IS smaller than 3...

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

It didn't work. And if you want to see angry then try having your friend's mom have to leave her nursing job to catch her son and his friend laughing and watching cartoons while eating the baked goods she spent an entire night cooking for a bake sale.
had you already eaten them all by that point or did she manage to preserve some?

relevant classic content:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Slack3r posted:

Well.. That kid isn't wrong.. 2 IS smaller than 3...
yeah but how do you tie the rainbow into it

sure i saw it too but without tying it all together you might as well be posting on reddit

High Standards Comedy

stringless has a new favorite as of 14:44 on Apr 14, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FFT posted:

had you already eaten them all by that point or did she manage to preserve some?

We ate about half of everything by then....and ordered a pizza. I think the only thing she managed to salvage was the cookies. We ate half a tray each of brownies, rice crispie treats, and apple crisp. Honestly, besides the end of the afternoon it was one of the best days I had in my early teens. Pot, Jackie Chan movies, skipping school, crumbling brownies and rice crispie treats into a bowl and eating them like cereal. It was a blast.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

We ate about half of everything by then....and ordered a pizza. I think the only thing she managed to salvage was the cookies. We ate half a tray each of brownies, rice crispie treats, and apple crisp. Honestly, besides the end of the afternoon it was one of the best days I had in my early teens. Pot, Jackie Chan movies, skipping school, crumbling brownies and rice crispie treats into a bowl and eating them like cereal. It was a blast.
on the one hand that's hilarious

on the other, i'm glad i didn't start :catdrugs: until i was 20

being high and selling playboy and other mags at school would have gone down much differently.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

FFT posted:

relevant classic content:

I hope the teacher saw through the disguise but gave him the phone back through the sheer effort of becoming a 90s sitcom episode

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Simply Simon posted:

"Gnade" means "mercy" in German. Well.

(Eisenträger means iron girder, but I dunno)

"Cox" is a lazy way of writing "penises" in English.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Unfortunate author names and book titles:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/8If1Ado.png :nws:

WARNING: goatse

Somebody has a new favorite as of 17:46 on Apr 18, 2016

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Confidence shattered.

Peachy Nietzsche
Jul 26, 2007

This thread's like staring into the void.

That business failed because their chicken was kind of jewey.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Memento posted:

It's real.

Seems pretty standard for the industry.

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013

morrisirrom posted:

It gave people gas.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

morrisirrom posted:

Nah, people just prefer the taste of deep-fried to oven-roasted.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

morrisirrom posted:

Over 6 Million Served!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

JoelJoel posted:

Nah, people just prefer the taste of deep-fried to oven-roasted.

Or bite mashed fries.

• Locked thread