Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It should be Algus and his moveset should consist of him being a dick at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It should be Delita to make all those people who say that Delita was the true hero of FFT extremely buttmad.

Oh but wait Chaos had: Kuja, who in the previous cycles was trying to help Zidane, Golbez, who was secretly on the heroes' side and everything he did was to make them stronger, Jecht, who was on the heroes' side and was only on the villains side to save Tidus' soul, Gilgamesh, who just randomly wandered into the conflict from the Interdimensional Rift trying to find Bartz, and Gabranth, who was judge of hell and didn't care one way or the other.

Holy poo poo Chaos you're really bad at picking bad guys. Good thing you're Cosmos' ex husband/son/clone of your father figure Cid who's actually going to be in the future Garland who becomes Chaos after he travels back in time to make a pact with the dragon from FF5 and a time lost Cosmos, Cid, and Chaos who's actually a super being who kills all the summons of FF! but wait isn't Bahamut still alive in FF1 and something about Omega and different from Garland but Garland becomes Chaos anyway????? and maybe gets found by the Lufenian military to wage war and restart the cycle and death and life and POWER

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
That was... surprisingly eloquent? Gologle you never told us SE hired you to write Dissidia, but now the series is starting to make sense.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
BUT WHERE'S THE CAVEMAN

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Gologle posted:

BUT WHERE'S THE CAVEMAN

That's Live a Live, so probably not until Dissidia 4.

Now that I think about it, calling Sora and Crono being in the current Dissidia.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Mega64 posted:

That's Live a Live, so probably not until Dissidia 4.

Now that I think about it, calling Sora and Crono being in the current Dissidia.

Nah, Benjamin.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

Nah, Benjamin.

Benjamin is the true identity of Garland.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Sora is owned by Disney?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Fine, then Geno.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

ApplesandOranges posted:

Nah, Benjamin.

Ben/Zash is my personal pick for obscure not-really-a Final Fantasy character.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I hope the villain for X is the big whale thing, and it's kept in scale with the other characters. That was the best part of X.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gologle posted:

It should be Delita to make all those people who say that Delita was the true hero of FFT extremely buttmad.

lol is that something people say, didn't he marry someone for political power who ended up committing suicide

i am remembering that right i think, it's been many years since i played the first tactics

Mega64
May 23, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

lol is that something people say, didn't he marry someone for political power who ended up committing suicide

i am remembering that right i think, it's been many years since i played the first tactics

I think Ophelia tried to kill Delita but then Delita countered it and killed her instead.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Man I've been playing Live a Live lately and I would love to see some rep in, if not Dissidia, Kingdom Hearts or something. It's already had TWEWY.

If only for MEGALOMANIA. :allears:

E: Oersted -> Odio bonus boss

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RatHat posted:

I hope the villain for X is the big whale thing, and it's kept in scale with the other characters. That was the best part of X.

But that means replacing Jehct!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rirse posted:

But that means replacing Jehct!

How about Jehct rides the whale?

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Jecht riding Jecht, make it happen. :human being:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Help Im Alive posted:

Isn't his outfit like exactly the same

Same basic design, but they've added more ornamentation, and altered some details like the mask, helmet and clasp, and added pauldrons.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mega64 posted:

I think Ophelia tried to kill Delita but then Delita countered it and killed her instead.

Did Ovelia die at the end? This is a point of contention, if I recall - she obviously (from sound effects and low res PlayStation graphics) stabs Delita, but he's still got enough in him to shuffle off and talk for a bit. Did he just strike her hard enough that she's winded?

The real takeaway is how tragic it all is. Delita is a literal war hero - people don't just say he's the hero of the war, the only perception worldwide is that Delita saved Ivalice from endless bloodshed. He's got the girl, power, fame... and he's clearly miserable. Full of regret, hands bloodied by mixing himself with noble politics. Ramza is an outcast, his family is gone and his name is worse than mud. He's having a grand time traveling the world with his sister and knows the real story. It didn't quite die with him either, thanks to Olan and the Durai Papers.

Why don't we get games like this any more? :allears:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The problem with Square games is that the older generation are all way more cooler than the current one. I want a game where Thunder God Cid and Ramza do adventures during the war, or the full story on Auron and Jecht's quest, or even Strago's escapades when he was younger, or Galuf's original band sealing away Exdeath.How do you expect us to be satisfied with what we have when you dangle stuff we don't have in front of us.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Did Ovelia die at the end? This is a point of contention, if I recall - she obviously (from sound effects and low res PlayStation graphics) stabs Delita, but he's still got enough in him to shuffle off and talk for a bit. Did he just strike her hard enough that she's winded?

The real takeaway is how tragic it all is. Delita is a literal war hero - people don't just say he's the hero of the war, the only perception worldwide is that Delita saved Ivalice from endless bloodshed. He's got the girl, power, fame... and he's clearly miserable. Full of regret, hands bloodied by mixing himself with noble politics. Ramza is an outcast, his family is gone and his name is worse than mud. He's having a grand time traveling the world with his sister and knows the real story. It didn't quite die with him either, thanks to Olan and the Durai Papers.

Why don't we get games like this any more? :allears:

Ovelia almost certainly died during that scene. Not only does she lack the will to live, it also makes sense thematically for her to die there. Delita almost certainly survives; the way Arazlam describes his rule implies that it lasted much longer than his death in the epilogue would allow. And by then, Ovelia was no longer useful to him. He no longer needed her, and she had just proved her willingness to betray him, so he killed her. That was the kind of man his journey turned him into.

In the end, both Ramza and Delita are heroes in their own way. Ramza is what we classically define as a hero: he's true to the ideals of righteousness and truth, and he wields the sword that slays the demon. Delita is an anti-hero: he cheats and lies and kills his way to the top, and in the end he is able to take the first steps towards guiding Ivalice out of its dark ages. But he still has to live with the knowledge of all the terrible things he did to gain power, and all the lives that were destroyed in that pursuit. Ramza, meanwhile, got to grow old and die without regrets.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

He gets to grow old and die without regrets on the run, and labeled as a monster. So they mirror the other in that way, too.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gologle posted:

The problem with Square games is that the older generation are all way more cooler than the current one. I want a game where Thunder God Cid and Ramza do adventures during the war, or the full story on Auron and Jecht's quest, or even Strago's escapades when he was younger, or Galuf's original band sealing away Exdeath.How do you expect us to be satisfied with what we have when you dangle stuff we don't have in front of us.

Yes, this.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

why do you spell alazam like this

did you have a seizure while typing it

e: if you actually had a seizure i apologize, i don't mean to make light of such medical conditions

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Apr 14, 2016

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

why do you spell alazam like this

did you have a seizure while typing it

e: if you actually had a seizure i apologize, i don't mean to make light of such medical conditions

Awful, really just terrible.

Even if you don't know that's the WotL name, he's Alazlam in FFT. Shameful!

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Just got email saying ffix is out on steam :siren:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/fDdb88R.mp4

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LightReaper posted:

Just got email saying ffix is out on steam :siren:

Hour-one purchase :)

I'll get to marathon streaming it eventually. Earlier this year would've been perfect, SE, but you launched when I had my pants down in the middle of a life-changing job offer so I can't for a while yet. But it'll happen when it happens for sure.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder how did they manage to port it. Emulator? TWD can you look at the file structure?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Judging from the EULA they recompiled the android port. How they made that I don't know.

I also bought it but :australia: so TWD will probably finish the download first.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

There's a cheevo for getting 1000 jump ropes without missing.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I saw that and it looks like a job for Mr. Autohotkey.

Then again I did the lightning jump minigame on FFX so maybe I do like to suffer.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
anybody know if the combat speed is still hosed

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Yeah I'll let you guys know what kinds of assets they are, but according to I think Sunning because he's the go-to that it's a PC build of the Android version, which I can only assume means they cooked it in Unity.

AlphaKretin posted:

I also bought it but :australia: so TWD will probably finish the download first.

Fam I ain't outta Hawaii quite yet so there's a really good chance you'll beat my 150KB/s :shepicide:

Elentor posted:

Yeah I saw that and it looks like a job for Mr. Autohotkey.

That is not even gonna happen, the jump rope minigame is a slightly more forgiving version of Vagrant Story's chain attacks. After I wanna say 150(?), the tempo changes randomly every 50 jumps or so.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 14, 2016

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The White Dragon posted:

Yeah I'll let you guys know what kinds of assets they are, but according to I think Sunning because he's the go-to that it's a PC build of the Android version, which I can only assume means they cooked it in Unity.

Does that mean they rewrote the game entirely to Unity's API in C#?

The White Dragon posted:

That is not even gonna happen, the jump rope minigame is a slightly more forgiving version of Vagrant Story's chain attacks. After I wanna say 150(?), the tempo changes randomly every 50 jumps or so.

Unless the entire screen moves can't I do a simple GetPixel, see if the pixel of the rope is changing and send the key accordingly?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Elentor posted:

Does that mean they rewrote the game entirely to Unity's API in C#?
poo poo man probably. afaik the Android port is not a PSX emulator.

quote:

Unless the entire screen moves can't I do a simple GetPixel, see if the pixel of the rope is changing and send the key accordingly?
Oh I guess so, huh! It'll be a little easier than that, though, since the jump prompt is the ! bubble, which is much more visible than the rope.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Does anyone know what was in the 105MB update to FF8 last night

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

The White Dragon posted:

Fam I ain't outta Hawaii quite yet so there's a really good chance you'll beat my 150KB/s :shepicide:
The one thing I miss the least about Hawaii. How is it that every option for internet there is such intense poo poo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Tempo 119 posted:

Does anyone know what was in the 105MB update to FF8 last night

Half of my library downloaded a small update so it's probably just DX/C++ redists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How you guys manage to have worse Internet than me in Brazil is something that both blows my mind and makes me feel sorry immensely.