Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

LOL

Can these crazy people make up their mind and stick with one terrible candidate already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Montasque posted:

LOL

Can these crazy people make up their mind and stick with one terrible candidate already?

It only took a couple of months of backing cruz before they got so sick of him they run back to trump.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Montasque posted:

LOL

Karl Rove has been effectively neutered since his election night meltdown after dumping millions into Romney's campaign so this is more or less meaningless

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
heh heh heh we're really gonna screw Trump at the convention so we can run our true candidate...

Ted Cruz

:suicide:

Jesus just let Trump have it, don't think Cruz is gonna do any less damage as a candidate than Trump

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Ted Cruz: Pussy Destroyer Ravine Flyer

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Immortan posted:

He still thinks that Trump bitching about the RNC on twitter is genuine tears rather than a strategic plan.

it is genuine tears. trump has no strategy - that has been made apparent by his completely incompetent ground game. he's a thin-skinned egomaniac.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Is that Jayne from firefly in the back, there? He always seemed more like a Trump guy.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Daniel Bryan posted:

Honestly if Ted said that he had a plan to build more roller coasters he might get my vote

Ted Cruz is a nasty guy

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

I'm amazed that anyone would pay Karl Rove a thin nickel to predict which day comes after Tuesday, after his completely wretched performance.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

Each state gets a roller coaster but they're all soup themed.

i like soup, i'd be okay with this

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

look at his extreme discomfort from having to sit next to Ted Cruz, hips and thighs touching

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

REC'd

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

mandatory lesbian posted:

i like soup, i'd be okay with this

It's a log ride that takes place entirely in a river of minestrone and it gets splashed on you.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

YES. YES!!!

Al! posted:

look at his extreme discomfort from having to sit next to Ted Cruz, hips and thighs touching

"welp, looks like i'm burning these pants..."

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Cruz is not the first presidential hopeful to enjoy a theme park ride.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Dick Nixon: somehow less creepy and more charismatic than Ted Cruz

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

LOL

Ted Cruz is not an acceptable alternative to Donald Trump for a significant portion of the party. And its pretty clear at this point, I think, that if Trump doesn't get 1237 its probably going to Cruz on the 2nd ballot.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Al! posted:

Dick Nixon: somehow less creepy and more charismatic than Ted Cruz

right?! he looks so much more genuine than cruz could ever hope.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Wow, seeing Nixon with a giant grin on his face is bizarre.

And also kind of adorable. :3:

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Schnorkles posted:

Ted Cruz is not an acceptable alternative to Donald Trump for a significant portion of the party. And its pretty clear at this point, I think, that if Trump doesn't get 1237 its probably going to Cruz on the 2nd ballot.

No it's pretty clear if Trump is close to 1237 he's going to get it on the first ballot.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

dopey toad nixon didn't even wait in line! very unfair! when im president we will have fair lines guaranteed!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Joementum posted:

Cruz is not the first presidential hopeful to enjoy a theme park ride.

he looks like he's genuinely having fun

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

i don't think it's that clear. the gop's facing such a massive damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situation here. if cruz gets it, a lot of trumpenproles will walk, and the democrats will win big. if trump gets it...the democrats will win big. at this point it's triage. they need to figure out what will do the least damage to the gop brand in the long-term.

WampaLord posted:

Wow, seeing Nixon with a giant grin on his face is bizarre.

And also kind of adorable. :3:

he could be pretty charismatic when in the right settings. he was awkward in big speeches and locked up in front of large audiences, but from what i understand, when he was with a smaller group, he could absolutely convince anybody of anything.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Trump's dunce lawyer cannot vote for Trump and wishes he was one of Trump"s children

Skip to :40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4b56Ied1z8

Every single one of Trump's surrogates is a complete moron, except for his 3 Wharton kids.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Majorian posted:

when he was with a smaller group, he could absolutely convince anybody of anything.

Alexander Butterfield, in Woodward's latest book, paints a very different picture of Nixon in intimate settings. He was spergy to the point of rudeness and Butterfield makes it pretty clear that he finally spilled the beans on the tapes because he was still mad that Nixon wouldn't talk to him or meet his gaze for like the first six months he worked in the White House.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Never trust a man named Butterfield

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Arkane posted:

Trump's dunce lawyer cannot vote for Trump and wishes he was one of Trump"s children

Skip to :40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4b56Ied1z8

Every single one of Trump's surrogates is a complete moron, except for his 3 Wharton kids.

this whole calling conservative men daddy thing has gotten out of hand

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Joementum posted:

Alexander Butterfield, in Woodward's latest book, paints a very different picture of Nixon in intimate settings. He was spergy to the point of rudeness and Butterfield makes it pretty clear that he finally spilled the beans on the tapes because he was still mad that Nixon wouldn't talk to him or meet his gaze for like the first six months he worked in the White House.

yeah like Nixon looks happy in those pics but calling him charismatic is quite the stretch

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
course the only thing i know about Nixon is that weird speech about his dog so maybe he had other speeches that were really good or something

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

yeah like Nixon looks happy in those pics but calling him charismatic is quite the stretch

we have been talking about ted cruz for a while, the bar is low enough that even nixon is refreshing

then again, a happy face painted on an underpass is probably more charismatic than cruz

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

eh, but again, i'm talking "charismatic" in a non-big-speech setting. i obviously never met the man, though, so i'm just going on third-hand information.

Joementum posted:

well, maybe he just didn't like butterfield.;) seriously, though, who knows, he may have just clicked with some people and not with others. but if one watches the earlier parts of the david frost interviews, it's clear that he had some ability to convince people of his position and appear affable. at least until frost started digging into the case, of course.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sock it...to ME??

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Some people are good with large groups others are good one on one. Obama gives great speeches and does great with crowds but is known to be cold and have little personality one on one. Clinton on the other hand gives horrible speeches and doesn't do well with crowds but is said to be amazingly warm one on and one. And then there are those like Bill Clinton who were great at both, and Ted Cruz who are horrible at both.

Nixon was supposedly very good one on one but hated speeches and crowds.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

His face is just so improbable.

EDIT: Like the confluence of genetics, luck, and skin damage that would need to occur to have that bent in smile....it boggles the mind!

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.
"Hello, sir. I need to transport 100 cans of soup for normal human reasons. What can you offer me?" - Ted Cruz renting a U-Haul

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Nixon could feel joy while Ted Cruz can only feel sated hate

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

blue squares posted:

Never trust a man named Butterfield

What did Gary do now

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Shageletic posted:

His face is just so improbable.

EDIT: Like the confluence of genetics, luck, and skin damage that would need to occur to have that bent in smile....it boggles the mind!

It's the lighting on the right side of his face. The shadow tracing up from his chin and the coloring of the forehead near the hairline makes it look like an actual mask

E: I take it back. It makes it look poorly photoshopped on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Luvcow posted:

he looks like he's genuinely having fun

His smile looks completely fake to me. Like he doesn't even know how. "Is this it? Am I doing it right?"

• Locked thread