Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Eonwe posted:

i guess we'll never know

Pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

evilweasel posted:

kismeteer was being dumb in a fleet with tiberizzle and tiberizzle was, well, tiberizzle in his graceful tolerance for stupidity and patient discussion of carefully explaining a very basic task. so kismeteer, in a reasonable and not-at-all whiny child who didn't get their way manner, renamed the ccp station to "CCP-US XII - GoonWaffe Dread Cache Station" and then started iming a bunch of people about how much stuff he could steal resulting in gsol people who have been doing an incredible amount of work already with the war having to drop what they're actually doing and run around and figure out if he did steal anything while his roles were being stripped, secure everything, etc

i'm sure in his mind the fact he didn't ~actually~ steal all that stuff made it all ok but what the gently caress, who throws that sort of snit and stress out people who are already doing too much because tiberizzle was mean to him. like, if you can't deal with people being mean to you, why the gently caress did you volunteer for a tiberizzle op, the nicest tiberizzle ever is to someone is not actually calling them an idiot at that particular moment :v:

it almost sounds like GSF is a toxic gaming environment

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

Hey I ran GS recon for a couple of years too. Not that it's any less nerdy.

No one cares.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

aint you an insane racist?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

No one cares.

I care. I put a lot of space work in!

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

yes this is the first time someone in a video game guild has acted up like a whiny babby after an argument

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
[16:44:39] Xolve > PL and PH are different entities

:airquote:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

yogizh posted:

[16:44:39] Xolve > PL and PH are different entities

:mensch:

fyp

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

this guy is legit worse than daruna, he just posts less

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

so nobody

His "i was a director dude how could you not know me" shtick reminds me of the autism of a certain other former director acquaintance of ours:

a pattern emerges :smugdon:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

I care. I put a lot of space work in!

Hey sweetheart, be a good HR rep and get me some coffee.

Thanks doll.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

At least Dirk Action does it as a troll instead of being unironically Hitler youth

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
We can all learn something from VG, just enjoy the game you numpty

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

evilweasel posted:

kismeteer was being dumb in a fleet with tiberizzle and tiberizzle was, well, tiberizzle in his graceful tolerance for stupidity and patient discussion of carefully explaining a very basic task. so kismeteer, in a reasonable and not-at-all whiny child who didn't get their way manner, renamed the ccp station to "CCP-US XII - GoonWaffe Dread Cache Station" and then started iming a bunch of people about how much stuff he could steal resulting in gsol people who have been doing an incredible amount of work already with the war having to drop what they're actually doing and run around and figure out if he did steal anything while his roles were being stripped, secure everything, etc

i'm sure in his mind the fact he didn't ~actually~ steal all that stuff made it all ok but what the gently caress, who throws that sort of snit and stress out people who are already doing too much because tiberizzle was mean to him. like, if you can't deal with people being mean to you, why the gently caress did you volunteer for a tiberizzle op, the nicest tiberizzle ever is to someone is not actually calling them an idiot at that particular moment :v:

So he got kicked for goonfucking because he publicly got pissy over dumb poo poo and publicly talked about potential to goonfuck in a way so blatant it's literally the opposite of what an actual goonfucker would do?

I mean, getting pissy over something like that is kinda dumb, but how wasn't there a single minute to take him aside and say "Listen, you know how well-known tiberizzle is for HIS SOFT SKILLS, just relax and let it go, friend"?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

At least Dirk Action does it as a troll instead of being unironically Hitler youth

:eonwe:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Foehammer007 posted:

We can all learn something from VG, just enjoy the game you numpty

space drama and vendetta is the most enjoyable part of the game

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So he got kicked for goonfucking because he publicly got pissy over dumb poo poo and publicly talked about potential to goonfuck in a way so blatant it's literally the opposite of what an actual goonfucker would do?

I mean, getting pissy over something like that is kinda dumb, but how wasn't there a single minute to take him aside and say "Listen, you know how well-known tiberizzle is for HIS SOFT SKILLS, just relax and let it go, friend"?

he also did a dumb thing

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Duzzy Funlop posted:

his loyalty should have held out longer sir

Puskarich
Nov 26, 2008
Haha I didn't know xolve took the 10 dollar plunge! Do you still post screenshots of your in game wallet to feel cool?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

He's a big boy. You don't need to come to the defense. You're trying really hard and it we all appreciate the effort.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

He's a big boy. You don't need to come to the defense. You're trying really hard and it we all appreciate the effort.

I genuinely thought you were calling me a hitler youth and not someone else.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

evilweasel posted:

so kismeteer, in a reasonable and not-at-all whiny child who didn't get their way manner, renamed the ccp station to "CCP-US XII - GoonWaffe Dread Cache Station"

Son of a bitch. I paid 500 million isk for the old name on that station.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Kimsemus posted:

His "i was a director dude how could you not know me" shtick reminds me of the autism of a certain other former director acquaintance of ours:

a pattern emerges :smugdon:

yeah pretty much all the directorate types in Bat Country excluding Endie were/are guilty of failing the waiter test

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
The entire war was worth it, knowing it's produced such Pulitzer price worthy pieces such as this: http://crossingzebras.com/the-fall-of-a-tyrant/

:sludgepal:

quote:

The Mittani insults the greater EVE community with his contemptuous attitude to the game, its creators, even geek culture itself. He insults his audience, his employees, and his partners with his toy-empire approach to business and pseudo-intellectual thinking and rhetoric. He has lead his people to ridicule and ruin, but most importantly, he has violated one of their own cardinal rules with his own narcissism and self-interest. Like the ignoble artificial intelligence from the Iain M. Banks novels, GCU Grey Area, which broke one of the few taboos the Culture had, the most scathing judgement comes from his peers. It could be exemplified in a single word and apt title when we ask ourselves: is The Mittani a Goonfucker?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I've seen some facebook posts wherein Kismeteer seems to genuinely feels pretty bad about what happened...

Take that tiny scrap of worthless info however you will.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Puskarich posted:

Haha I didn't know xolve took the 10 dollar plunge! Do you still post screenshots of your in game wallet to feel cool?

At least 6 or 7 times daily.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
I'm sure in the coming weeks we'll get a lot more drama as poo poo is sorted out.

I assume that there are a lot of people with grudges who are still holding out because they enjoy being ~space important~ but maybe they'll break. Like what happens every time someone loses a war.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kimsemus posted:

The entire war was worth it, knowing it's produced such Pulitzer price worthy pieces such as this: http://crossingzebras.com/the-fall-of-a-tyrant/

that poo poo is getting eaten up so hard

Ice Fist posted:

I've seen some facebook posts wherein Kismeteer seems to genuinely feels pretty bad about what happened...

Take that tiny scrap of worthless info however you will.

he's also posted itt, feelin bad after doesn't take it back though~

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

I genuinely thought you were calling me a hitler youth and not someone else.

Oh no way. Iseeyouseemeseeyou. You're good people

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

mods please change my name to geek culture

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Holy moly this is not chill at all!

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he's also posted itt, feelin bad after doesn't take it back though~

Not saying it does. I'm just sitting here on the sidelines watching the drama unfold. :munch:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Cool

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

welcome to eve 2016

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

welcome to eve 2016

i wonder if there's been any actual people who have gambling addictions and have given thousands of dollars to CCP for plex to fund the habit

if someone did some cool investigative journalism it would probably be better than fluff pieces about how CCP is loving up in florida or w/e

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Landsknecht posted:

i wonder if there's been any actual people who have gambling addictions and have given thousands of dollars to CCP for plex to fund the habit

if someone did some cool investigative journalism it would probably be better than fluff pieces about how CCP is loving up in florida or w/e

carusio rollard

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Landsknecht posted:

lots

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

VideoGames posted:

Sometimes while I was working my 50b a week industry + manipulation game I would say things in jita local like 'goons scammed my hulk can anyone help me get a new one?' It is loving shocking how often someone believes you and pays up. Try it!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

There have been, we had to ban a guy out of GSF for his own loving good after we discovered (due to a loan default) he'd gambled away every isk he had, borrowed more, and was spending all his disposable income on plex to gamble more. Might have even been more than his disposible income and he was actually gambling away his rent to try to win loving isk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think vyst is actually ok, kind of bizarre that he tries now for a sick burn tho

• Locked thread