Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

New game but half the people I see are already running zweihander + grass crest shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Zaphod42 posted:

So that it loads faster. If you stay near the fog it'll go away after awhile when it finishes loading.

Think about it for a minute. Fogging off the greater area means they can load you into firelink faster so if all you want to do is level up or buy something, you can do that and leave. :eng101: Its pretty easy to figure out if you use your brain.

Bloodborne had really bad load times and you had to warp to the hunter's dream to level up, which annoyed people. So FROM went and made it a little optimized.

The first world pcmr problem in DS3 is now that the loading times are "too short" with SSDs, because I can't even read 3 lines in the loading screens. :jerry:
This game runs so smooth and fast. The only slow stuff in this game are my noob-dodging attempts. I died so often so I am glad about that fast loading times after all.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Man reading this bit on the wiki for the Mound Makers is kind of depressing

"Invading as a Mound Maker will prioritize worlds with many players, allowing for maximum chaos. (confirmed in Prima guide)"

That's different from any other invasion...how? I got the full red eye orb on my lv11 guy and man. Almost every single player has 2 summons babysitting them through the entire experience. Even when I get summoned with the white soapstone, you don't do enough damage to burn through the full amount of estus the host has.

e: oh yeah if you invade as a mound maker you have to kill 2 phantoms or the host as opposed to just 1. Good look trying to do that with the lag and animation bugs almost every fight :haw:

The difference is as a mound maker you're allowed to kill red phantoms and get credit just as much as killing hosts and white/blue phantoms.

Reds have to kill the host/white/blue to get credit.

That's why mound makers prioritize chaos settings. The whole fun of being purple is you can change sides and either help the invaders or help the invadees. Either works. And you can swap back and forth or whatever. It can even be a fully 1v1v1 situation.

Mr.PayDay posted:

The first world pcmr problem in DS3 is now that the loading times are "too short" with SSDs, because I can't even read 3 lines in the loading screens. :jerry:
This game runs so smooth and fast. The only slow stuff in this game are my noob-dodging attempts. I died so often so I am glad about that fast loading times after all.

Yeah with an SSD its sick, I can load into firelink and back to a zone in like literally 10 seconds. Only thing is it seems to really chug on level transitions for my friend who doesn't have an SSD.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Just as estus restores the life and vigor of the undead so to do I find rejuvenation in the cleansing taste of "invading is too hard now" tears

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zaphod42 posted:

The difference is as a mound maker you're allowed to kill red phantoms and get credit just as much as killing hosts and white/blue phantoms.

Reds have to kill the host/white/blue to get credit.

That's why mound makers prioritize chaos settings. The whole fun of being purple is you can change sides and either help the invaders or help the invadees. Either works. And you can swap back and forth or whatever. It can even be a fully 1v1v1 situation.

Moundmakers is the best when you're not getting ganked immediately or spawning on the wrong end of the map.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheQat posted:

go back to the halfway fortress bonfire and bear right instead of left in the swamp just after that bonfire. you'll get to a poisonous swamp

Ah, had a feeling it might be that. Sort of wish I'd checked my gut instead of asking first. Thanks, though.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Frank Eufemia posted:

Do we have a steam group/chat for this yet? I've been using the Dark Goon PC group for right now but there are usually only 4-5 of us in chat.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dasgoonspc

More people should join the chat and complain about dying.

Please invite me so I can chat with you all about my many, many deaths.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How do you jump on PC?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Crystal Sage is sooooo much easier with a buddy it's trivial

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Getting a little min-maxy, but does anyone know the approximate formula for Carthus fire arc's buff? I'd like to compare raw/sharp buff numbers to just chaos infused.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Zaphod42 posted:

Well... to be fair... you already know there's an ending called hollow lord you'd think you could figure you should be hollowed for it :cheeky:

Yeah, but on my JP playthrough I thought I had acquired and healed the dark sigil several times. Which is what has me confused.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Zotix posted:

How do you jump on PC?

if you're using mouse + kb it looks like the default is the B key. however, this is configurable. also, you have to be running in order to jump afaik

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Zotix posted:

How do you jump on PC?

if you're using a controller press the left stick. is titanite common further into the game? I've not found much so far and want to start using the zweihander instead of the large club but don't have much titanite. I liked that DS2 just gave you tons of it

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

NotAnArtist posted:

Crystal Sage is sooooo much easier with a buddy it's trivial

Its a trivial boss solo too :v: Just use the terrain for cover like if you're fighting Rom in BB, and kill the fake versions before you try to get damage on the boss.

Fun boss, pretty creative, but very very easy.

Finster Dexter posted:

Yeah, but on my JP playthrough I thought I had acquired and healed the dark sigil several times. Which is what has me confused.

Yeah not sure what the exact mechanics on when she leaves are. You may be able to heal it and get it back before she gets mad? I didn't get very far with her on Xbone so I'm no expert, but you're definitely going to need to be hallowed to get the hallowed ending, I can tell you that.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Apparently, the amount of Souls you get from enemies ramps up exponentially. Just a couple of farming runs in Irithyll and I have 50k Souls :stare:

So I pumped my STR and DEX up to 30. Now if only I could find a god drat Refined Stone to properly utilize my stats. If they're only available after Lothric Castle, that's gotta be the dumbest thing From has done with this game.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Where's the sunbro altar?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zaphod42 posted:

Its a trivial boss solo too :v: Just use the terrain for cover like if you're fighting Rom in BB, and kill the fake versions before you try to get damage on the boss.

Fun boss, pretty creative, but very very easy.

With a claymore I didn't even need to kill the clones, I just bullrushed the true sage, got up in his grill, and lunged over and over.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Zotix posted:

How do you jump on PC?

don't do that, you'll break it

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So yeah is anyone else suffering from half the world + enemies being invisible when you're summoned? I'm trying to help a guy but we got to the corrupted tree and half the arena was invisible, plus I can't see the boss at all. I'm just standing around waiting for the host to kill the boss because I can't do anything, nor can the boss do anything to me.

Also my game gets stuck on the loading screen whenever I finish a co-op session.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Man PvP is kind of silly sometimes, go in 3v1, kill both of the helpers and chase the last guy around for like a minute and during that time he manages to resummon both of the first dudes. I'm amazed summoning specific help is allowed while invaded.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Man I've been at Abyss Watchers for about 3 hours now, gently caress these guys. More than all the other bosses I've seen (including mini-bosses) put together! Doesn't help that I've started getting so impatient with the boring first phase by now that I'm starting to gently caress up and die there too. But my customary no-summons first run will not be sullied here either, just gotta stay patient...

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

About halfway through lorthric castle, basically the rear end end of the game.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Robo Reagan posted:

In a building across from the Armour boss, you need to find a way in besides the door though.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Your Computer posted:

Apparently, the amount of Souls you get from enemies ramps up exponentially. Just a couple of farming runs in Irithyll and I have 50k Souls :stare:

So I pumped my STR and DEX up to 30. Now if only I could find a god drat Refined Stone to properly utilize my stats. If they're only available after Lothric Castle, that's gotta be the dumbest thing From has done with this game.

I had several by Irithyll, but I can't remember if I found them or if they dropped off enemies.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Here is my thought process when getting to that bridge in the catacombs.

Hmm, looks it could be a trap, can I see patches anywhere? maybe I should keep looking around and come back to this.

Huh, I heard a skeleton pop back up behind me, I better deal with him and...

Oh god.

OH GOD.

RUN! I DON'T CARE IF IT'S A TRAP RUUUUUN!!!

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Your Computer posted:

There's one very early in the game: From the knight that is up the steps just to the left of the entrance to talk to Emma to get the banner and Way of Blue covenant. Kill that guy, you get a Refined Gem

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

Ah, had a feeling it might be that. Sort of wish I'd checked my gut instead of asking first. Thanks, though.

where is this? i've got the same problem but i'm not seeing any swamp, just walls and a door i can't get through

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If you're like me and wanted the sweet katana from the undead bro outside of Firelink, goad him to the altar door and shoot him with arrows. He won't walk in and you can chump him for his sweet gear.

stoicheian
Aug 10, 2007

Your Computer posted:

I have one, and I'm just on the deacons. Not sure where it came from.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

invaders being able to heal and near instant estus is a bit poo poo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

What am I supposed to do for Aldritch's big arrow volley? It tracks me forever and rips me to shreds.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

That's my problem. I've switched weapons 4 times since then, and there hasn't been a single one since.

I'm wearing the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring, picked up every treasure in every area, and.. nothing. It's so dumb.

stoicheian
Aug 10, 2007
Spent the morning invading in the zombie graveyard outside the cathedral, and then later in the cathedral. Never had so much fun! I wonder what I will do with all these pale tongues.

e: Invaders only get a half the amount of estus as hosts, and you have 140% health and however man friends as you like.

My best invade had 2 friends, and got a blue guy. 4v1, but using the level and enemies I was able to widdle them down to just the host... he ended up getting me. Whole invasions was probably 20 minutes.

stoicheian fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 14, 2016

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Caidin posted:

About halfway through lorthric castle, basically the rear end end of the game.

F-fine, I didn't wait Praise the Sun until NG+ anyway

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Tamayachi posted:

I will never pass up an opportunity to place these messages. Never. :colbert:

How are you doing two messages a line?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How do you get the dude near the Crystal Sages to join your menagerie, is it just an Int check?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is it wrong that I think the Pontiff's anime as hell second form is actually easier than the first? :v:

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Why? WHY?

Why would people put down their summon sign if they're not going to help and they apparently have no idea how to attack the boss anyway???

I have wasted 5 embers trying to co-op the tree.

UGH.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

soul spear does less damage than great heavy magic missile when im a near all-in sorc. build

what

edit:
it also has a longer cast time and costs nearly 3x the mp to cast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

One more reason why you solo everything