Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Is there any point in healing the Dark Sigil? It costs like 100k souls, I already made myself look normal with a Purging Stone and I killed Yuria for being creepy so I'm guessing that locked me out of whatever story path that was taking me down.

i like the fully hollowed look. the texture is super detailed and it gives me crazy dark souls 1 feels because it uses your skin color and makes you puckered and pruny, unlike ds2 which just turned you into al simmons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
al simmons from spawn

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
well, he was spawn. spawn

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.
im sorry dude called No Bonfire Run ur in skeleton town now

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

the forest where the sage is at was a lot of fun but that's the furthest I've been in the game so idk if there's better elsewhere

There's a place you'll get to soon that is invasion nirvana

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Im glad they b rought back being able to see enemies from miles away from DS1. like u could see the hollows on the red dragon bridge from the taurus demon bridge in ds1 which i realy liked. in ds3 u can see stuff like that too, i missed it in bloodborne.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like the hostile NPCs they have scattered about, they're not too hard but they switch up their tactics a bunch and use weapon arts and stuff which is cool

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Was gonna make progress after the gym but instead I'm chasing people through the labhrinth of CoC for two hours. getting people killed by giant skelliball will NEVER get old

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm rocking the evangelist robe and leggings with the knight helm and gauntlets. It's good to be the king

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

Im glad they b rought back being able to see enemies from miles away from DS1. like u could see the hollows on the red dragon bridge from the taurus demon bridge in ds1 which i realy liked. in ds3 u can see stuff like that too, i missed it in bloodborne.

This + they have mastered the art of baiting the player into ambushes & hiding enemies

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I died about 20 times to the sword guy in the rafters for just a blessed gem????????????????

Dec 26, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

gain trust, help them to the next couple bonfires, betray trust ftw

i don't usually get that far because if they're summoning usually they either want a fight or one of their phantoms does. which is fine by me

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I died about 20 times to the sword guy in the rafters for just a blessed gem????????????????
nope. look for things you can drop down onto

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

nope. look for things you can drop down onto

I'm going to kill myself

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im at work, thinking about how good this game is.. yeah, yeah. it's still really good

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

im at work, thinking about how good this game is.. yeah, yeah. it's still really good

im trying to take stock of all the optional areas i havent done yet

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'm using it too lol. I got up to the Cathedral last night, I feel like a moron but I had to summon somebody for the Crystal Sage fight because I was having a lot of trouble with the clones in the second stage.

I want to try out some PvP, where's a good spot to invade?

the area after cathedral is perfect for invading, especially at the midpoint. there's a ton of tough enemies to help you if the host has a group and there's a couple of good ways to troll the host there.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
where do people tend to summon for (approx. the fifth boss) deacons? I've tried at the fog door, but i don't get that many hits.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
the fakeout with the doors in the cathedral...ffuuu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'm rocking the evangelist robe and leggings with the knight helm and gauntlets. It's good to be the king

Greirat hat is all I've been wearing since I got it + flynn's ring

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im wearing sellswords headwrap, masters attire, and the fallen knight pants and gloves. cool desert bedouin look with my curved greatsword

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I'm wearing Tane armour

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

there's a lot of stuff I want to wear but I can't because I need to stay under 30% equip weight and Havel's Ring only lowers your weight by like 2% now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

stuck at the first boss of lothric. i refuse to phantom for him. he is strong like me, and i will honor that strength

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

there's a lot of stuff I want to wear but I can't because I need to stay under 30% equip weight and Havel's Ring only lowers your weight by like 2% now

70% feels like the bloodborne roll. i dont think having 70 is going to make the game any harder for you

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i gave up staying under 30% because my sword alone brings me above it and even though im shieldless its still fine.....i say dont worry about it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah below 70 is perfect

i just beat him without getting hit once..these feels

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hmmm, so a little help because i've turned this place over a few times and can't find the next path. i think i just beat the first boss of cathedral and have no idea where to go next.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That one DS2 armor everyone loved with the white fur and the blue cape is back, baby. Where's my loving elite knight set.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

hmmm, so a little help because i've turned this place over a few times and can't find the next path. i think i just beat the first boss of cathedral and have no idea where to go next.

Roads generally lead to more than one place...

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I loving hate wolnir

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

It's provably more fun if you go for a big walk and find it yourself, but look around irithyll

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol cool there's a set of medieval lady's clothes.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Doing some work with the Sharp Rapier, target shield, and Hornet's Ring. I like that they brought back all the nice stat reinforcements from Demons Souls.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

and Hornet's Ring.

what the gently caress was that zone?? what does it imply??? aahh

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The deacons fight is incredible for spamming base ball bat sword swings

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

what the gently caress was that zone?? what does it imply??? aahh

I hope you found the illusory wall. Prepare to cry biotch

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

I hope you found the illusory wall. Prepare to cry biotch

i did..i said no when i showed it to the keeper though and now shes begging me to kill her :(

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol holy poo poo. I was having trouble with Deacons of the Deep and then I remembered how the healing ring works and I used Sellsword Twinblades and suddenly didnt have to use estus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The first section of irithyll is just to let you know that the game has stopped giving a gently caress about your feelibgs

• Locked thread