Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

It's not the fact he had a 4k monitor, it's the fact he posted 4k screenshots non-timged in the thread and was all "sorry about this friends, I have a 4k monitor :smuggo:"

I recently got one and I sort of regret it, it's been nothing but trouble trying to sync up my other LCD. There is no happy medium, it's either too tiny on the 4k to read or poster sized on the LCD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Google Butt posted:

I don't thing the guy with 59 posts of posts, every single one talking poo poo to a singular forums poster should be doxxed, but he should be constantly made of for being a grown adult and doing that. it's actually good now that i think about it

I agree. Several people have said similar on my Discord channel and in PM.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

It matters because in 5 years they might make statement that could either be interpreted as either serious or a tasteless joke and it helps figure out which it is. It also matters because I don't want to accidentally get buddy-buddy with a shitstain just because we both laugh at Bitcoin or Star Citizen.

:agreed:

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

poo poo. THE JIG IS UP! also stellaris looks amazeballs.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Yep, the whole drat thing is jacked from nature

JACKED TO THE TITS

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

derek it is weird when you use such a chill smilie as :agreed:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Please be gentle Goons.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6561866/#Comment_6561866

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6562144/#Comment_6562144

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Lime Tonics posted:

I like how they spent a bazillion dollars on mo-cap and the lizard things fingers clip through it's head. Quality.
It's just a live session preview, but it's slated to be revamped anyway. They did all the mo-cap stuff with their A-listers and then Chris realized the Vanduul weren't scary enough so they'll be made much moreso in a future pass.

No matter how scary they eventually look, they still use wooden, spiky sword-keys to start up their spaceships... That idea made it all the way through whatever filtering system they have for crap ideas-- which means it probably came from the top to start, right after Chris played Kingdom Hearts...

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Nobody really knows what it does after that.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

'sickening and heartbreaking truths'

you could be more obvious

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

Derek you should offer "anonymity testing" on the side, for goons who want to make sure they are safe online. You could dig into their stuff and then tell them what you found so they know what they need to lock down to safely shitpost.

Only internet scrub lords need to do that. Like i said before: I am untracable. Maybe.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beet Wagon posted:

Further, at least one spearfisher has died because he shot a goliath and became entangled in his line when the grouper fled into its hole and stayed there. Always dive with a knife.

As a guy who snorkeled a lot in the keys in his twenties. You always carry a knife. And you never loving shoot a fish that's the same size you are. It's beyond loving stupid.
At best you are losing your spear gun. At worst you are losing you.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SurfaceDetail posted:

please don't dox me. I play WoW.

ahahahahahahaha! I love you, man. You don't post much; but when you do, I always get a good chuckle out of it. :D

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Oleyo posted:

Of course. Have you ever seen a white wigged gentleman from Ye Olde Times in movies, cram the base of his thumb against his nostril and huffing deeply? Thats tobacco.

I have.
Unfortunately, i've also seen images of polyps, lesions and keratoses while idly googling around.

What i've meant is - pure unadulterated nicotine.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Lladre posted:

Yeah, I need to get some for my dog but for different reasons. his pupils no longer dilate due to a tumor so I'm concerned he's going to get even more hurt when it's bright outside.

The brand name is Doggles, and they're available on Amazon.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Lladre posted:

I recently got one and I sort of regret it, it's been nothing but trouble trying to sync up my other LCD. There is no happy medium, it's either too tiny on the 4k to read or poster sized on the LCD.

That bit is not the 4k screen's fault.
That's purely on Windows and its lovely compositing.

Try it on a mac and it magically works as expected.

Even on linux it's usable.
It's just Windows that's utter poo poo when confronted with screens of different pixel densities.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Jon Do posted:

Curious about this. My extent to 40k was liking Dawn of War with that Dawn of Skirmish AI mod that was ridiculous (to this day).

Warhammer fantasy basically seems like the exact same thing as 40k, except ACTUAL roman empire slash tolkien setting

What am i missing out on here and why? I tried to listen to horus rising on audiotape and it put me to sleep, so I'm curious about WH Fantasy.

e: oh, yeah, i know it has rats, and people love the rats. not sure why.

My distaste for 40k comes from ye olde tabletop gaming days. I adored Warhammer Fantasy Battle. Entire Saturdays of playing out epic battles with friends on a huge board we made ourselves that practically filled the entire room. Swords and axes and spinny spiky balls on chains, Orc heroes riding into battle on the backs of wolves, goblin archers, trolls with clubs, all of it evoking the atmosphere of Excalibur and ancient epic battles in lands not that far away. Rolling fields, wizards, shrubbery to hide in, entire units routing off the battlefield, berserkers and dismembered limbs.

Then along came 40k and it was all about having the biggest gun.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Dear thread,

The moderation team is currently very concerned with the direction that some of the posts are taking. Doxxing is not something we can condone or allow and there have recently been many very heated posts regarding releasing the personal information of others.

The thread is currently closed until we can sort out an amicable situation.

Thank you kindly,
VideoGames

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Dear Thread,

Please can this thread stay on topic of the failings of Star Citizen and the creation of the game. The last few hours I hope have allowed you gather your thoughts and agree with me that all drama concerning posters of this thread's real lives (no matter who the poster is) are unnecessary when the game itself has enough comedy going for it already. This thread is for Star Citizen, CIG and the Star Citizen forums.

Any drama concerning anyone's real life, name, career and past that is brought up for the sole purpose of trying to defame or harass will face probation. There will be no extra warning other than this.

I will be reading and following along with the thread, and if I miss anything of this nature then please report it so that it may be acted upon.

Thank you kindly,
VideoGames

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm also going to be around, and I'm less nice than that guy.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Dear Thread,

Please can this thread stay on topic of the failings of Star Citizen and the creation of the game. The last few hours I hope have allowed you gather your thoughts and agree with me that all drama concerning posters of this thread's real lives (no matter who the poster is) are unnecessary when the game itself has enough comedy going for it already. This thread is for Star Citizen, CIG and the Star Citizen forums.

Any drama concerning anyone's real life, name, career and past that is brought up for the sole purpose of trying to defame or harass will face probation. There will be no extra warning other than this.

I will be reading and following along with the thread, and if I miss anything of this nature then please report it so that it may be acted upon.

Thank you kindly,
VideoGames

I wish you good luck, keeping up with this thread is a day job :v:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What wacky antics will Mr Roberts partake in next?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
We're back.

Archive this, etc.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
New around the verse episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2ZWvuq85C4

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Its back! We're back!

Breathe the free air, goons.. Breathe the free air..! :unsmith:

VideoGames posted:

If you can keep up with this chaotic mess, then you're a saint. Or a robot.. Maybe both.

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

VideoGames posted:

Thank you for your professionalism.

I do not envy your task of attempting to keep up with this thread.

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016
Hi everyone, I missed all of you!

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
IS TGHE GAME OAUTR YETG????

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Paladinus posted:

IS TGHE GAME OAUTR YETG????

TWO STARWEEKS

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Sale tomorrow, superhornet, gladiator, gladius, retaliator, free flight week, then $140 LTI mining concept on sale on the 22nd.

Trying to pick up another million+ before end of the month.

AP fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 14, 2016

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Please remember to call your parents now and again everybody. They worked hard to raise you and they did so with love

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
By the way, moderator and admin type folks, if we buy the :parpcorn: smilie, can we get it sized up to match :gary: and :yarg:?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ideate posted:

Thank you for your professionalism.

I do not envy your task of attempting to keep up with this thread.

Gejnor posted:

Its back! We're back!

If you can keep up with this chaotic mess, then you're a saint. Or a robot.. Maybe both.

Daztek posted:

I wish you good luck, keeping up with this thread is a day job :v:

I am certainly going to do my best, this I can promise! But please do provide reports or PM me if I or Facts miss something.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
I hope you have a real good bot because keeping up with this thread is a full time job, people must be paid to do it!

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Yeah, let's lay off the doxxing folks. I was dangerously close to being productive at work today & now I feel faint from the exertion.

But on the plus side: I may be getting a promotion (unrelated to being productive), so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

VideoGames posted:

I am certainly going to do my best, this I can promise! But please do provide reports or PM me if I or Facts miss something.

I assume that this rule also includes the famous Internet Warlord as well then?

Anyway, good luck keeping up.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.
And were back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

VideoGames posted:

Dear Thread,

Thank you kindly,
VideoGames

You re-opened the same thread, and I appreciate it because there is a HUGE amount of info, memes, history, and funny stuff in here. Hopefully people will not let their autism get the better of them.

VG -- a wise and just ruler, who only wishes to mine space rocks in peace. :sun:

Also RIP if you try to keep up with this thread.

• Locked thread