Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Actually, I like being a mod, I just wanted to make that joke.

stay safe, friend FAU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

FirstAidKite posted:

stay safe, friend FAU

Yeah don't get too jaded like SWSP

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
My friendly local game store just informed me that my copy of Bravely Second has arrived and I can pick it up tomorrow morning. Gotta work late that day, but I'm really excited. :toot:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Everyone knows that only insecure and superficial people care about graphics

As long as I can run Dark Souls III at my monitor's native resolution and not dip below 10 fps most of the time, I'm a happy gamer. Plus with the money I save by keeping this musty computer, I can buy nicer treats for my dog

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I played some Dark Souls 3 but the entire time I was just wishing it were Bloodborne 2 instead. I don't like how slow and weak I feel.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PantsBandit posted:

I played some Dark Souls 3 but the entire time I was just wishing it were Bloodborne 2 instead. I don't like how slow and weak I feel.

Same kind of but I'm still mostly enjoying it.

Apart from the loving dogs.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Be sure to keep your encumbrance below 70%

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm fast and strong

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Jay Rust posted:

Be sure to keep your encumbrance below 70%

Fat rolls suck

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FactsAreUseless posted:

My modding memoir will be titled A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again.

What on earth made you think modding would be fun?

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

My friendly local game store just informed me that my copy of Bravely Second has arrived and I can pick it up tomorrow morning. Gotta work late that day, but I'm really excited. :toot:

What's the word on what Bravely Second is like, based on the Japanese version? I've heard that they don't do the "you have to do the same tired poo poo four times in a row" thing which is a plus, but I've heard pretty much nothing else about whether it improves on the original.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
I've strictly kept myself out of the Bravely Second EU thread to avoid most of this. What I can say is what I picked up from the Demo: More of the same, in a good way. There are much more convenient ways to avoid or speed up grinding in the game, and the new classes that were shown are creative and cool. It seems like they've fixed the most glaring issue with the game, and I'm very excited.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

raditts posted:

What's the word on what Bravely Second is like, based on the Japanese version? I've heard that they don't do the "you have to do the same tired poo poo four times in a row" thing which is a plus, but I've heard pretty much nothing else about whether it improves on the original.

They heavily increased the meme quotient.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'd probably love a Star Trek adventure game and I'm kind of surprised it hasn't been done before.

You freakin' scrub.

The adventure game is one of the most well known Star Trek things and had the entire cast doing the voices.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Just put the star citizen thread in cool crew chat central like you did with dota

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol holy poo poo that star citizen thread. how big of a loving loser do you have to be to become that guy taking notes and poo poo on other posters in a thread about the most worthless game swindle ever
I think you will find that it is actually the biggest game swindle ever, with over 100 million usd raised to date.

Also, here's your fuckin "special edition" estus flask!!!!

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 14, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The new mirror's edge looks like rear end and Im sad.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

The new mirror's edge looks like rear end and Im sad.
Seriously? That sucks, I was hoping they'd fix the first game's issues.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Seriously? That sucks, I was hoping they'd fix the first game's issues.

You have to side missions to gain xp and fill out Faith's skill tree to give her more traversal and combat options. And now they have more combat with dudes with little floating health bars. Sigh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh no...you climb a tower to show more icons on the map...

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

You have to side missions to gain xp and fill out Faith's skill tree to give her more traversal and combat options. And now they have more combat with dudes with little floating health bars. Sigh

Thanks for the heads up, combat in the first game was terri-bad and they should have never had any to begin with. Side missions? :wtf:

One less sale.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just hope they sell a standalone time trial pack or something.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Your new avatar is amazing

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lurdiak posted:

You freakin' scrub.

The adventure game is one of the most well known Star Trek things and had the entire cast doing the voices.

I've been owned :negative:

Sounds like a great game. Thanks, thread.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

"Sorry, Faith, you won't be able to jump that gap. You're going to need more Edge Points to improve your jumping ability. Try hitting the Select button to bring up your menu. Oh, and Faith? If you don't want to wait, you can buy more Edge Points for cash."

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

What the everliving? :sbahj:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

JPEG artifacting is eating the world.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
more like JRPEG

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Monkey Fracas posted:

A Mass Effect-sorta-style thingy where you are Patrick Stewart on The Enterprise and you must make the correct choices given whatever weird and complex situation you find yourself in

Is that glowing moss rock actually a sentient being of sorts?
Has Worf's weeaboo Kilngon warrior poo poo gone too far this time?
Why is Geordi turning into a lizard man?
Do you violate the Prime Directive to blow up that asteroid hurtling towards Middle Ages Planet?

there is no real fighting but you must keep your wits about you in the most thrilling series of placid conference room discussions this galaxy has ever seen

This is kind of what Consortium is only instead of Star Trek it's Thunderbirds and instead of the captain you're the security guy.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

If that thing I read about no encounters & speed-up is true then I'd still have to think about it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

In Training posted:

That's one modern gameplay trend I really hate, the way life bars and damage numbers have made their way into so many action games. Like, there was period of time where it looked like the evolution of games was going toward removing onscreen elements in favour of immersion--not saying that I thought it was strictly a good idea mind you--so you had stuff like minimalist HUDs, red jam instead of lifebars and Dead Space's whole thing. Then every game decided it had to be an RPG...

Mordja fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Apr 15, 2016

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Hello thread

I really enjoy Dark Souls 3, but I am a fan of the series and while I do think everyone should give the Souls game a serious try I understand that it is not for everyone. I'm excited to play the Ratchet and Clank game in the future because it too is a game from "good stock" and is certainly worth my time and money. Today I discovered a pinball hall that's only a thirty minute walk from my auto mechanic's store, and they sell good booze at decent prices so I got a nice afternoon buzz on while playing well maintained and fun pinball tables. My wife came to pick me up and while she had very little interest in pinball or video games (especially when compared to my seemingly singular focus) she partook in my enthusiasm. They have tournaments on a weekly basis and I think I may have found a new wrinkle of life to help unwind after the long hours of government work that pays for my gaming habit. Unfortunately I am too buzzed to trust myself to play Dark Souls 3, so I am biding my time until I sober up or tomorrow, which I have taken off using the benefits my government job affords me.

I appreciate the mods of the Games subforum, and I think they do an okay job in a mostly thankless role. Thanks mods. Manks.

I bought my wife a copy of Final Fantasy IX on the PC because it is her favorite Final Fantasy game. I myself have never gotten very far , and she stopped playing it when she felt she was locked out of getting all of the zodiac coins. I do not think she will be put off by the wildly differing quality in sprites for the new PC version, but she has been consumed with Stardew Valley and I don't think she has the Gamer Spirit to juggle two games simultaneously. Having her play something on her laptop does free up the TV, so perhaps my gifting of the game is ultimately a selfish decision. I leave the matter for wiser men to untangle.

I hope that all of you, my gamer friends, are having a fine evening. I wish for smooth playing experiences and lots of progress earned towards your individual goals.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
thank you lawful waffle, i hope you are having a good time as well! :)

I am enjoying being able to play borderlands. I know it isn't a great game but I'm easily entertained by just shooting at stuff and making shooty numbers go up

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Only 90s kids etc. etc.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
40 hours into Dark Souls 3 and I"m still not done. drat. Though some of that has been sun broing.

These areas are just goddamn huge. Like take 4 or 5 worlds of Dark Souls 2 and combine them into one. Because that's how it felt for me.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Lol what is going on with Quantum Break? I'm looking at this and its the must :psyduck: thing I've ever seen.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

If that thing I read about no encounters & speed-up is true then I'd still have to think about it.

I still have my doubts over whether that would make FF9 worth it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

PRP9K

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I had the game on iOS and that stuff is all there. It owns.

• Locked thread