Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

please dont dox me though

u dead dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Ponzi posted:

CIG using shill acounts in this thread? Never!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTkn1dojOyg

I guess it was somebody here that made the video

The leader of Imperium, for a long time the largest player organisation in Star Citizen with their own active forum "won" a competition for an Idris M, purchase price during kickstarter $1000, grey market price at it's height $3-4k.

Dickwulf aka Accelerwraith wrote to the FTC about about CIG in an attempt to defend them, did all kinds of weird digging into Derek's real life, visited CIG LA, interviewed on a CIG stream, "won" a Vanduul Scythe during an undisclosed "$50 Million Man" competition, purchase price during kickstarter $300, grey market price at it's height $1.8-2k.

Nichole "Batgirl" D'Angelo, does youtube video interviews with CIG, runs the largest whale organisation, collects money through patreon and sometimes gives away free ships that CIG supply in competitions to her subscribers.

Twitch streamers WTFOSAURUS, Twerk17, BoredGamer, Captain_Richard & Clifford_Miku, most have been interviewed on around the verse, most have visited CIG Austin for a twitch streamers event, run Star Citizen content and have competitions that I believe occasionally have ships supplied for free by CIG. I believe some have patreon/take money from subscribers.

Reddit users BoredDellTechnician & Jester86 moderate the Hostile anti Derek Smart reddit, r/DerekSmart/, both are also moderators of the grey market trading site r/Starcitizen_trades/, both have also sold dozens of "limited"/"rare" ships or packages for $ and likely have been aware of the secret CIG wait list for rare/limited ships in 2013.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

It'll put hair on your chest,sandi won't like that.

Nice

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TTerrible posted:

PGABZ I commisioned this from Daztek.

I hope you like it as much as I do.

That's awesome ha ha :)

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

EightAce posted:

I must also mention Cobblers here. Any apprentice trolls out there ....Just look in awe at what cobblers has achieved.
His single minded focus on one of Chris's more preposterous promises, asaged by gentle but optimistic affirmation is driving them insane.
What the gently caress do you do with him ? He has done nothing wrong and is clearly a very Keen interstellar ornithologist . He is another internal hero

Cobblers is the internet's best space birdwatcher and I'm glad he's part this game's community.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Daztek posted:

I think Derek made a mall cop / security guard joke and he thinks that's your job

Speaking honestly, I made a mafia joke, and then

then the thread moved ahead

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
My investigator/researcher tells me that, just like what MoMA did yesterday, some of the other CIG planet/shills (e.g. jxxxx) have also started scrubbing their SA posts. In fact, one of them only had 17 posts. Now down to 3.

This whole MoMA thing has got them spooked; and so they now think autism has kicked it and I'm now on a quest to dox all of them.

That's not true at all.

But I am going to find all (the count is now 5 - confirmed) of them.

Then, without pointing the finger, I'm going to out all of them in a subtle response each time they post to me or respond to my post.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Moved ahead a single day, I can report that Melkor is absolutely 100% a cop and all townies should breathe easy, so long as someone else protects the cop tonight? I forget if we're using more esoteric roles for the town

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

EightAce posted:

Gorf.
You are a super star. A few of us know who you are and you manage to post unassailable well thought out observations in a clinical and surprisingly accurate way. You have a very strong following amongst certain people, your post about the Bethesda stuff alone caused a lot pursed lips and dismissive hand waving ......which is a result no matter how you paint it.

I must also mention Cobblers here. Any apprentice trolls out there ....Just look in awe at what cobblers has achieved.
His single minded focus on one of Chris's more preposterous promises, asaged by gentle but optimistic affirmation is driving them insane.
What the gently caress do you do with him ? He has done nothing wrong and is clearly a very Keen interstellar ornithologist . He is another internal hero

Gorf and Cobblers are good posters indeed

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

D_Smart posted:

My investigator/researcher tells me that, just like what MoMA did yesterday, some of the other CIG planet/shills (e.g. jxxxx) have also started scrubbing their SA posts. In fact, one of them only had 17 posts. Now down to 3.

This whole MoMA thing has got them spooked; and so they now think autism has kicked it and I'm now on a quest to dox all of them.

That's not true at all.

Then, without pointing the finger, I'm going to out all of them in a subtle response each time they post to me or respond to my post.

good work derek. top notch stuff. very impressed. keep it up.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

revmoo posted:

Didn't you say you would drop this like hours ago?
I said I was going to stop derailing the thread with "whining" about people getting pilled on, that doesn't mean that MoMA can start putting words in my mouth and I won't correct him.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

Everything is funny

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

Everything is funny

:same:

The last 700 posts have been insane.

Mr.Tophat posted:

Your mother is a stretch goal: yes, the sandwich has been delayed, but we can show you the bread

You are very funny Mr. Tophat and I'm capable of recalling that without index cards.

Paramemetic posted:

This is yet another one of these examples of ways in which CIG is backwards and doing things wrongly. You cannot get good test feedback from people invested in a project (literally) who are volunteers who have to necessarily believe that the game is already the best ever in order to have the privilege of being an unpaid QA intern working from home.

This. How are you supposed to know if it's working if they keep telling you it's fine so they can keep testing? I expect quality to actually degrade from this. They'll ignore getting stuck in the sleeping quarters and focus on the colour scheme.

:justpost:

Can someone give me a parody idea, like an artist or a song? (NOT full burn, its not going to happen). I just got a new analogue synthesizer so I'm keen to make stupid noises with it (I'm trying to get it to say PARP). I'd do a Bob Dylan but it's so difficult to pick a song.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

That's not true at all.

Look at this.
Just look at it :lol:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

D_Smart posted:

That's not true at all.

"Why are you going out with a gun Derek?"
"Oh? This? It's not loaded. I'd never shoot anyone with bullets from this home. It's just for peace of mind, keeps me busy."'
"Derek, please leave the gun at home."
"If it reassures you, I know for a fact that the bullets I bought in front of you are in the safe. " *polishes holster*
"DEREK WE'RE IN WITNESS PROTECTION, PLEASE ACT RATIONALLY"
"Was Chris Roberts rational when he wrote that letter? No. Let me loving finish this"

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Sephardic Chocolate Cake:

200g Dark chocolate
170g caster sugar
5 eggs
125g powdered/blitzed almonds
2 tbs milk
25g plus a little extra butter
tiny bit flour
1 tsp vinegar

Butter and coat with flour a 26 cm (11 inch) cake tin
Chop 200g good quality dark chocolate and melt on low heat

Heat your oven to 180C

Separate yolks and whites from 5 eggs

Beat egg whites with 170g caster sugar until stiff

Beat egg yolks

Fold egg yolks into egg whites. Fold powdered almonds plus 2 tablespoons milk into egg mix

Stir 25g softened butter into chocolate

Fold chocolate/butter mix into egg and almond mix, plus a teaspoonful of vinegar (to prevent cracking)

Pour into cake tin and bake for 25 mins, roughly (check with wood stick or equivalent as usual)

Decorate with powdered sugar.

This owns, people. Real good.

edit: I've no loving clue what's going on ITT right now but I am chowing down on a slice of this cake so I am in good shape I guess. 92% dark chocolate worked well. The texture comes out great, I swear. One of the best cakes of all time.

NLJP fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 15, 2016

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

So, I work for a school that does like EMS and nursing training and stuff. It's a super chill job, and I spend a lot of time just dicking around in my workshop, making D&D terrain or browsing SA or whatever:

Anyway the school got a bunch of new dummies, or decided they didn't need the old ones or whatever, and we got asked to throw them away. So in the process of throwing like fifty of these goddamn things away I thought "There's gotta be something funny I can do with these" and snagged a couple. My buddy took a "toddler" one and just left it on the dash of his work van to freak people out, and I decided to make some monstrosities and hide them around our building for the same reason. That's basically it.

"Sorry for the huge picture, i have a 4k monitor :smug:"

"Oh, and a 4k camera :smug: :smug: "

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

ewe2 posted:

The last 700 posts have been insane.

You are very funny Mr. Tophat and I'm capable of recalling that without index cards.

Can someone give me a parody idea, like an artist or a song? (NOT full burn, its not going to happen). I just got a new analogue synthesizer so I'm keen to make stupid noises with it (I'm trying to get it to say PARP). I'd do a Bob Dylan but it's so difficult to pick a song.

:wotwot:

This thread has indeed been insane, but this isn't my first rodeo if you know what I mean when it comes to that-sort-of-thing

*jumps fence*

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Has CIG gone bankrupt and/or been raided by the authorities yet?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

sincx posted:

The raided by authorities thing, yes.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

sincx posted:

To reach the heart of the answer, you must just post, and find the secret for yourself (and protect your sources)

Space Court is in session in one way or another and it is Persistent

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mr.Tophat posted:

"Why are you going out with a gun Derek?"
"Oh? This? It's not loaded. I'd never shoot anyone with bullets from this home. It's just for peace of mind, keeps me busy."'
"Derek, please leave the gun at home."
"If it reassures you, I know for a fact that the bullets I bought in front of you are in the safe. " *polishes holster*
"DEREK WE'RE IN WITNESS PROTECTION, PLEASE ACT RATIONALLY"
"Was Chris Roberts rational when he wrote that letter? No. Let me loving finish this"

:smug:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

sincx posted:

Two Weeks.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Mods: donut press butan

Shart: *rapid-fire waves his hands 5 mm from butan occasionally tapping it gently* I NOT PRESS BUTAN!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I did my parp today

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Look at this.
Just look at it :lol:

That's our warlord :allears:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

'He's a loose cannon, but he's the only man in this games industry who'll blog about it'

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

MeLKoR posted:

I said I was going to stop derailing the thread with "whining" about people getting pilled on, that doesn't mean that MoMA can start putting words in my mouth and I won't correct him.

So, someone makes a Reddit account and now I'm putting words in your mouth?

You think that's air you're breathing?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgXDYiHhp5Y

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

So, someone makes a Reddit account and now I'm putting words in your mouth?

You think that's air you're breathing?

How do you feel about your uncle?

I mean, your real smart uncle

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

D_Smart posted:

That's not true at all.

i want to believe.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Beet Wagon posted:

I can't say for sure. This particular picture is probably too recent to have been a direct inspiration, but there's some real horrorshow poo poo going on with deep sea jaw-worms. Good thing they're tiny.

its just screaming out for a hug

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

The plaintive will ABSTAIN from

*clears throat, adjusts glasses and looks at index notes*

doxxing, in the space court room

*parps in the distance*

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I did my part, even though I was not a Smartie

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Mr.Tophat posted:

I did my parp, even though I was not a backer

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Mr.Tophat posted:

I signed my NDA , even though I was a leaver

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Mrs Beeton's toast sandwich
Toast a thin slice of bread
Butter two slices of bread and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
Place the toast between the two slices of bread-and-butter to form a sandwich

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Mr.Tophat posted:

I just posted, even though I was not a good poster

edit - i'm glad of it

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

peter gabriel posted:

Everything is funny
Your face is funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

How many slots do you have in your toaster Derek? My kettle is black, but my pot isn't sure about design tracing in the industry

• Locked thread