Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

hahaha holy poo poo her argument is that film critics secretly hate Superheroes and want there to be less superhero movies so they are deliberately defending Marvel so that no other companies can make successful superhero films and ergo there will be less of these movies.

What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

sorry you didn't like it i guess? like i said i had fun with friends so w/e

oops I misread you, my bad

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I cannot tell if this lady is 25 or 45

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the bigger question is how can you be a "fanboy" of anything past the age of like 23? who the gently caress has time for that poo poo

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

thathonkey posted:

the bigger question is how can you be a "fanboy" of anything past the age of like 23? who the gently caress has time for that poo poo

*the collective masses of gbs raises their hands*

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

many johnnys posted:

oops I misread you, my bad

we good homie, if only because i love your name + av

at the end she compares BvS's "intellectualness" and "visuals" to Stanley Kubrick and The "loving" Shining lmaoooooooo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't understand the fanboy thing either. like if they gently caress up on something you like wouldn't you hate it even more? the prequels were so loathed cuz people liked star wars so much and they were trash.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Groovelord Neato posted:

i don't understand the fanboy thing either. like if they gently caress up on something you like wouldn't you hate it even more? the prequels were so loathed cuz people liked star wars so much and they were trash.

No, you see, in 1999 we Star Trek fanboys said all those negative things about the clearly very good prequels so that in 2015 we could stage a coup by having the Star Trek guy make a Star War movie that people liked, thus ruining the integrity of when the racist caricature stepped in poopie and haggled with a jew over his midi chlorians.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

No, you see, in 1999 we Star Trek fanboys said all those negative things about the clearly very good prequels so that in 2015 we could stage a coup by having the Star Trek guy make a Star War movie that people liked, thus ruining the integrity of when the racist caricature stepped in poopie and haggled with a jew over his midi chlorians.

to be fair, Star Trek Insurrection is pretty bad

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Not really a superhero movie, but Scarlett Johansson is starring in Ghost In The Shell.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Say Nothing posted:

Not really a superhero movie, but Scarlett Johansson is starring in Ghost In The Shell.

that picture is useless, what actually matters is how high-cut her leotard is.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Say Nothing posted:

Shouldn't they get an Asian person?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

khwarezm posted:

It's surprising enough that someone green lit an action movie starring a woman. Her version of Black Widow is very popular with people and Marvel still hasn't considered making a solo movie when fuckin' Ant-Man is getting a sequel. And regardless of it being a white actress or an asian one nerds are going to relentlessly poo poo on it for not being pure honorable anime.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

khwarezm posted:

I haven't seen Ghost in the Shell, does it matter?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

khwarezm posted:

:confused:
but everyone in anime is white?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

As long as its shot for shot im down :v:

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Trast posted:

It's surprising enough that someone green lit an action movie starring a woman. Her version of Black Widow is very popular with people and Marvel still hasn't considered making a solo movie when fuckin' Ant-Man is getting a sequel. And regardless of it being a white actress or an asian one nerds are going to relentlessly poo poo on it for not being pure honorable anime.

Not sure about that, comic book movies are bad with women but general action stuff? You have things like Ultraviolet, Resident Evil, Salt, Aeon Flux and all of the Alien films, even the two Alien vs Predator movies! Sure it might all be schlocky crap, but I don't think lady action heroes are a total anathema in this day and age.

Also who gives a gently caress if nerds are hard to please? Its still originally a clearly Japanese character, and its not like you see many Asian women in lead roles in Hollywood.

love my preemies!
Sep 26, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Apparently it's hipsters according the the upcoming comicbook:

Note that Scooby now communicates via holographic emojis

Oh and the new Wacky Races will be heavily inspired by Mad Max, because of course it loving is

Here's the new Penelope Pittstop and Dick Darstardly & Muttley

I RACE, I DIE, I RACE AGAIN!

whoa that looks really cool

khwarezm posted:

they should scooby doo merge the universes thats bad rear end

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

When a Japanese company makes Ghost in the Shell they can cast a Japanese person

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rutibex posted:

to be fair, Star Trek Insurrection is pretty bad

Holy poo poo, the waining death of Star Trek and the stillbirth of Star Wars DID happen simultaneously. God, 1998 to ~2005 was such a loving black hole for genre movies.

[Don't correct me with good genre movies that came out then. I know there's a few exceptions.]

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Trast posted:

Marvel still hasn't considered making a solo movie when fuckin' Ant-Man is getting a sequel.

Ant-man was actually good

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ghost Head posted:

Ant-man was actually good
While this is true, I do wish we'd get a solo Black Widow movie with Black Widow doing clandestine spy/assassination poo poo.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

While this is true, I do wish we'd get a solo Black Widow movie with Black Widow doing clandestine spy/assassination poo poo.

i wish they'd do one where she has to fight professer X, but he keeps using his power to make all her clothes fall off.

and she's scrambling around to get all her clothes back on but before she can get dressed again he's already seen everything.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Otisburg posted:

i wish they'd do one where she has to fight professer X, but he keeps using his power to make all her clothes fall off.

and she's scrambling around to get all her clothes back on but before she can get dressed again he's already seen everything.

watch under the skin instead for your naked scarlet johanson fix

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

i should specify pstew xavier, not mcavoy

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Xenomrph posted:

Scarjo is already collecting 20 mil per Marvel movie by just showing up. Why bother. She has other Lec Besson movie she can poo poo on.

I am very bitter that we have an emoji movie coming and we still don't get a Neuromancer movie.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Trast posted:

The thing with the last part is why they're being somewhat faithful when it comes to Aramaki and most of Section 9 being Asians but okay when muddling around with the ethnicity of the main characters (even with in-universe excuses) and changing things around like Section 9 not being a government agency but being some sort of corporate espionage department for a Japanese corporation (which is more ire-inducing than the whitewashing of Motoko and, to a lesser extent, Batou). Like seriously, if you're going to do those fundamental changes, you might as go whole hog and set it in America and give everyone appropriate sounding names.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

a retard posted:

watch under the skin instead for your naked scarlet johanson fix

also for your heroic rapist fix

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

I'd like to see it. Though honestly I'd like to see them take another female hero and give them a solo outing a little more at this point. Black Widow is a major player in the ensemble films that they do like every year now; so we see a fair amount of her, and it isn't like she's getting shortchanged in the films she's in. I don't know who they have as good female hero material, Janet Pym's in the Ant Man sequel, and the Wasp is the only female Marvel hero that comes to my mind readily who isn't an x-man. Captain Marvel is a woman right now right? They could probably make that work. That said, Widow's backstory might be enough to carry a decent movie.

Young Freud posted:

The thing with the last part is why they're being somewhat faithful when it comes to Aramaki and most of Section 9 being Asians but okay when muddling around with the ethnicity of the main characters (even with in-universe excuses) and changing things around like Section 9 not being a government agency but being some sort of corporate espionage department for a Japanese corporation (which is more ire-inducing than the whitewashing of Motoko and, to a lesser extent, Batou). Like seriously, if you're going to do those fundamental changes, you might as go whole hog and set it in America and give everyone appropriate sounding names.

I assume you mean the fact that they have custom made robot bodies when you say they have in universe excuses, right? Also I thought Mokoto looking strange compared to her teammates was a deliberate thing since she's had a robot body for like her whole life. I kinda wished they went whole hog and cast a black actress or something for the role now, much better than purple anime hair for conveying her alienation from what her "natural" body would have been.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

It's almost hard to pick the worst scene in this movie. The piss jar? The Martha Kent Polaroids? Batman cutting Supermans face with the kryptonite spear? The Aquaman reveal? The Flash dream sequence?

So many to choose from!

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

I finally listened to this paranoid ramble, and I have to say that it sounds like this woman is about two steps away from dropping off the grid so that big hollywood can't broadcast a kill command into her fillings. Also, who seriously is going to argue that this is some kind of intellectual masterpiece? Moreover how much crack do you have to smoke to argue that it is good for trying to be something even when you are pretty much admitting it did not succeed in it's ambitions?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

akulanization posted:

I'd like to see it. Though honestly I'd like to see them take another female hero and give them a solo outing a little more at this point. Black Widow is a major player in the ensemble films that they do like every year now; so we see a fair amount of her, and it isn't like she's getting shortchanged in the films she's in. I don't know who they have as good female hero material, Janet Pym's in the Ant Man sequel, and the Wasp is the only female Marvel hero that comes to my mind readily who isn't an x-man. Captain Marvel is a woman right now right? They could probably make that work. That said, Widow's backstory might be enough to carry a decent movie.

I assume you mean the fact that they have custom made robot bodies when you say they have in universe excuses, right? Also I thought Mokoto looking strange compared to her teammates was a deliberate thing since she's had a robot body for like her whole life. I kinda wished they went whole hog and cast a black actress or something for the role now, much better than purple anime hair for conveying her alienation from what her "natural" body would have been.

Yeah, Captain Marvel is a woman now, and she's getting her own movie in 2019 or something.

As for other Marvel women who could carry solo features, you could probably pull off a She Hulk comedic courtroom drama series on Netflix or whatever channel Agents of Shield is on

A Black Widow movie just seems like a no-brainer, since the character has carried her own solo comic well enough several times over the years and Marvel already has an actress in the role that audiences like, and we got to see her do some cool spy poo poo in Winter Soldier and people reacted positively to that.
Like yeah you couldn't really have her going toe to toe with high-stakes mega-powerful supervillains but her backstory and skill set lend themselves well to any number of solo stories. "A shadowy figure from Black Widow's Soviet/pre-Shield past resurfaces and she gets framed for the assassination of [pick a character], and now she has to go on a globe-trotting adventure full of shady characters and mystery and intrigue to clear her name and uncover the real killer". I just came up with that off the top of my head, the plots practically write themselves.
And people would line up to see it just because it's Marvel and it's Scarlett Johansson.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Mrs. Marvel is big right now, but they aren't gonna make a big budget movie about a Muslim superhero. Most of the other big name Marvel women are in the X-Men

I wonder, who the gently caress has the rights to make a Gwenpool movie?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

Mrs. Marvel is big right now, but they aren't gonna make a big budget movie about a Muslim superhero. Most of the other big name Marvel women are in the X-Men

There's been 4 Captain Marvels in the Marvel Universe, with 3 of them have being women.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Young Freud posted:

There's been 4 Captain Marvels in the Marvel Universe, with 3 of them have being women.

ok, but nobody cares about the others. Hell, people care about the current one because of a pretty concerted push to make people care. maybe the lesbian Captain Marvel will show up in Guardians of the Galaxy 2

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

boom boom boom posted:

I wonder, who the gently caress has the rights to make a Gwenpool movie?

The only Marvel heroine people care about is Squirrel Girl.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

whatever7 posted:

The only Marvel heroine people care about is Squirrel Girl.

not even Marvel cares about Squirrel Girl. Have you seen the art on the current Squirrel Girl book?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

boom boom boom posted:

ok, but nobody cares about the others. Hell, people care about the current one because of a pretty concerted push to make people care. maybe the lesbian Captain Marvel will show up in Guardians of the Galaxy 2
That's the one who's getting her own solo movie in a few years.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

They did make a She Hulk movie starring Chyna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Xenomrph posted:

That's the one who's getting her own solo movie in a few years.

The current Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers, is not a lesbian. The previous Captain Marvel, Phyla-Vell, is a lesbian, is romantically linked to Drax's daughter, and is not getting a movie

Also of note; Drax's daughter is a dragon from the moon.

• Locked thread