Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I honestly didn't catch that reference.

You named a guy Shin and gave him a Crusader and it wasn't intentional? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

If that was the case, Poptarts sure knows how to Mech-a-mistake.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
C

C

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

TheParadigm posted:

Because poo poo, he should have to suffer piloting it at least once in his career.

Why? The whole nation leaders must be heroic combat pilots thing the established battletech stuff has going on has always been kind of ridiculous. This Amaris is clearly a foil on the neo-feudal knighthood thing. Having him just revert to being like the inner sphere nobility would be boring.

As for the vote, I'm with the bigger numbers crowd.

C & C

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Night10194 posted:

You named a guy Shin and gave him a Crusader and it wasn't intentional? :allears:

I still don't get the reference, honestly.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

In the SNES version of UN Squadron every pilot starts with a Crusader and the Japanese character (effectively the default) is named Shin Kazama.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

PoptartsNinja posted:

There's an anime about an indentured mercenary pilot named Shin whose signature craft is an F-8 Crusader. He's an airline pilot tricked into mercenary service.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

T.G. Xarbala posted:

In the SNES version of UN Squadron every pilot starts with a Crusader and the Japanese character (effectively the default) is named Shin Kazama.

Ah, I never had an SNES, so that explains it.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'm much, much more concerned about the surname tbh.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ah, I never had an SNES, so that explains it.

I'm so sorry.

dis astranagant posted:

I'm much, much more concerned about the surname tbh.

aaaaAAAAAA

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Chosen at random.

That name wasn't intentional, but this one was.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 15, 2016

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
...Is that UAC/20 range a typo, or an error in the player's favour?

Edit: On second look, that looks like it had a quad-headcapper loadout initially.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

An ERPPC that generates 1 heat?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

AJ_Impy posted:

...Is that UAC/20 range a typo, or an error in the player's favour?

Edit: On second look, that looks like it had a quad-headcapper loadout initially.

Guessig it's a typo, considering most of the MPLs don't have a heat rating, and the ones that do are apparently generating 15.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Ablative posted:

Guessig it's a typo, considering most of the MPLs don't have a heat rating, and the ones that do are apparently generating 15.

Not to mention they have ERPPC range brackets.

Professor Malice
Nov 16, 2011
Hiring vote:
C

Pilot Reassignment Vote:
D

LegendairyBovine
Oct 6, 2014
Mercedes Romero is definitely equipped to forcefully befriend some Clannerscum.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Night10194 posted:

There's an anime about an indentured mercenary pilot named Shin whose signature craft is an F-8 Crusader. He's an airline pilot tricked into mercenary service.

To add to this, the UN Squadron game is actually titled Area 88 in Japan. This may be the best unintentional reference I've seen in a while - too bad there's no mech called the Tigershark for him to pop up in later on.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Ablative posted:

It's typos all the way down, as are the quirks.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

LeadSled posted:

To add to this, the UN Squadron game is actually titled Area 88 in Japan. This may be the best unintentional reference I've seen in a while - too bad there's no mech called the Tigershark for him to pop up in later on.

He could always roll in a Dragon...

Edit- Voting B and C
Bushwacker got beaten out by accidental reference
More metal for the grinder

Paingod556 fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 15, 2016

Lenisto
Nov 1, 2012
Hiring Vote
B) Shin Metis (g4p5) - CRD-5S Crusader

Pilot Reassignment Vote
A) Give Bethany the Copperhead, sideline Noretti

Judicator65
Feb 4, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

In an environment built around deploying many of them, sort of. If pods are available you can swap it to another standard loadout relatively easily. There likely aren't a lot of Bushwacker pods out there and fabbing your own can be a bigger pain in the rear end than refitting a standard mech.

Except that the Bushwhacker isn't an omnimech? Unless PTN's changed that in his universe.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Judicator65 posted:

Except that the Bushwhacker isn't an omnimech? Unless PTN's changed that in his universe.

It isn't and has never been. They just used some secrets from captured OmniMechs to let it run for more than ten minutes without going into automatic shutdown.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

C for hiring
C for Mech Reassignment

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

C and C

Duncan is simply making the moneywise choice, bondsmen/women work for no pay.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

AtomikKrab posted:

C and C

Duncan is simply making the moneywise choice, bondsmen/women work for no pay.

Regardless of what universe it is in, "free" labor often ends up costing you more than you would believe.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Hiring: C

Reassignment: D

Considering how generous ol' Stefan is being, might not be a bad idea to try and pay him back in kind. And a Clanner wrapped in a bow might not be a bad start.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Zaodai posted:

Regardless of what universe it is in, "free" labor often ends up costing you more than you would believe.

clanners do tend to take being bondsmen seriously zaodai, should be legit.

Cascade Jones
Jun 6, 2015
Hey, finally caught up and in time for a vote!

Hiring: C is for Chameleon
Piloting: A is for Bethany

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Q_res posted:

Hiring: C

Reassignment: D

Considering how generous ol' Stefan is being, might not be a bad idea to try and pay him back in kind. And a Clanner wrapped in a bow might not be a bad start.

We're paying him back plenty by kicking rear end on the field and getting poo poo done :colbert:

Know what gets poo poo done?! Good pilots!!

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Our end goal for the campaign needs to be to put Clan Operative Cochrane in charge of an entire lance of captured clan bondsmen.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Hiring: C seems like the best bet.
Staffing: C also seems like the best bet. Also it puts another body on the field so more people get to play, and that is awesome.

I'm eagerly awaiting the return of Val Magnus so she can run rampant across the field. How does Jason compare in terms of pilot skill to the knights of the inner sphere?

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
A

A

Initially I was going to make a quip about Amaris' time machine, but honestly anything that adds to the mech and weapon variety only improves the game.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Voyager I posted:

Our end goal for the campaign needs to be to put Clan Operative Cochrane in charge of an entire lance of captured clan bondsmen.

This a million times.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

A A is exactly what you need to shoot down the coming air raid.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
It will be particularly funny when that consists of aerospace-deployed REDACTs.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Night10194 posted:

I know right?

the source material is super 80s so I figured it was intentional, but no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXcB7LPiUoc

(also Xarbala, as you probably guessed by now UN Squadron was a rebranded Area 88 game, so it's more than just the SNES game. Good game though)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Psion posted:

I know right?

the source material is super 80s so I figured it was intentional, but no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXcB7LPiUoc

(also Xarbala, as you probably guessed by now UN Squadron was a rebranded Area 88 game, so it's more than just the SNES game. Good game though)

I'll admit that's a bit before my time.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
A - Anyone who doesn't like the Bushwhacker is a disappointment in my eyes.
C - She surrendered to the Demon Hawks, not the RWR. And they're Mercs, through and through. Hire anyone good enough for the job, and can handle the stress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

PoptartsNinja posted:

Hiring Vote
A) Teri LeRoy (g4p4) - BSW-X1 Bushwacker

Pilot Reassignment Vote
C) Give Bethany the Copperhead, allow Noretti to pilot the Phoenix Hawk

Goddamnit stop making me like Amaris you bastard. :argh:

And if this was MWO I would pilot Duncan's old Atlas without regrets, it's a step up from the already amazing Banshee 3E.

vorebane fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 15, 2016

• Locked thread