Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Anyone know what's up with greyed out covenant items? What does it mean and why is it happening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does the damage-increases-per-hit effect of Carthus Beacon stack with the Pontif Eye?

Substandard posted:

I just wanted to say that you can run away from the thing and it will not follow past the end of the bridge. It shows up again later, but I had an easier time killing it towards the end of the area.

Maybe it's just because I've put hundreds of hours into Bloodborne, but I didn't find it hard at all. It's really just Watchdog, but without a phase two.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So the darkwraith's been lifting weights for the last few millenia huh

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Question: I'm on the pc, and everything is working fine, except summoning. And possibly invasions. I'll go to a summon sign and it will say unable to connect. I've also had instances where I'll be embered up and my homeward bone or bonfire will stop working and fog walls will come up as if I'm being invaded, but then after a few seconds they'll all go back to normal, as if the connection failed. I can see people running around, see messages, etc. There are firewall exceptions made and I'm running the game as administrator just in case. The only thing I haven't tried is looking up the ports the game uses to open them, but I'm using a new, good router that keeps my nat open for this stuff and have never had issues like this in any other game. So is this on my end or the games?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Anyone have some tips for getting summoned as a Bluecop?

That's what we've been asking since March 23rd :smith:

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
YtG question: I got frustrated by how dumb and gimmicky this fight is and I went to go do Siegvald's quest line since apparently he helps you with it. Except, I finished it (he was sitting in the cell in the dungeon and gave me a slab the last time I talked to him), and he's not showing up. Tried embered and un-embered, tried resting at a bonfire beforehand, nothing. Did I gently caress up the order enough to where he's just not going to help me now? I got to the Yhorm fight and took the dumb Sword of Gimmicks +1 before I finished Siegvald's quests.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MrLonghair posted:

That's what we've been asking since Dark Souls 2 :smith:

:v:

Got the red eye orb, no luck getting a bite though.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
I don't quite understand why Watchdogs can lock onto red phantoms, do you get tokens for killing them? It just seems to make my job harder.

Crucifixion Woods at ~38 has been pretty fun for pvp, for every guy with a pair of white or yellow phantoms tagging along there is a cute solo newbie to lure into Giant Enemy Crabs. I think the healing is much faster now though, I'm finding it really hard to stop people from flasking or punish them when they do. I'm bad at duel-style 'fair' pvp though, I got my jollies in DS2 by being a ratbro. I probably just haven't found the tools I need yet...

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

punk rebel ecks posted:

Crystal Sage actually puts up a fight until you realize that you don't have to attack the blue magic clones.

...Conversely, if you gank a few of them pronto, it's trivially easy to never take damage.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Anyone have some tips for getting summoned as a Bluecop? I'm level 41, with a +2 Weapon (though it uses Titanite Scales, so I guess that counts as +4 for summoning?) and I've had the Blue Sentinel covenant equipped for literally hours with not a single invasion. Where the hell do I need to be hanging out to get some action? Am I underleveled? Over? What is the secret to these non-stop invasions people are talking about? I'm on PS4 too, which should be easier.

Cathedral had a fair amount of hits for me at your level. People getting invasions non stop are generally the ones invading and you'll only get hits on the ones who're in way of the blue or people using the dried fingers who're very unlikely to be in the way of the blue.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Also when I was looking up help on my YtG quandary on Google I saw a few posts that were like "have you killed [name of boss I have not seen or heard of whatsoever] yet?" I missed another goddamn area, didn't I.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My first red phantom invasion was against a host I couldn't hurt and a phantom I could. Didn't take long for the trainers huh.

e: How is this lag so much worse than in DS2 or Scholar? How did they regress?

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 15, 2016

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Anyone know what the ideal hexing staff and talisman are this go round? It occurs to me that my Pyromancer is also functionally built to Hex

Izalith Staff (Smouldering Lake) for the sorceries, Sunless Talisman (Sirris Quest) or Caitha's Chime (Lothric) for miracles. Regular Pyroglove is optimal for dark pyromancies.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I stabbed a tree in the balls until it died.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wow, there's a ton of bonfires in the settlement.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
Well I just tried a boss. His name was Pontiff Sullivan and I managed to hit him once and chug an estus. This is gonna be good.

Real hurthling! posted:

There's a lot of bonfires in general. I'm still not sure why the settlement has one at the start then a small group of enemies then another one though.

A Magical Lamp fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 15, 2016

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Emalde posted:

Izalith Staff (Smouldering Lake) for the sorceries, Sunless Talisman (Sirris Quest) or Caitha's Chime (Lothric) for miracles. Regular Pyroglove is optimal for dark pyromancies.

Appreciated. I look forward to taking BLACK MAGIC for a spin to see how it stacks up tonight.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

A Magical Lamp posted:

Well I just tried a boss. His name was Pontiff Sullivan and I managed to hit him once and chug an estus. This is gonna be good.

If it makes you feel better, the first form is actually harder than the second form.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think I'm going to pass on invading until the t-poses and five second delays go away.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

You have completed the first step of your rite to manhood.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so what's the equip weight threshold for the flynn's ring? same as dark souls 2? also I still haven't found the sunlight covenant :argh:

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah it's kinda like dark souls 2. undead settlement is fantastic and I really like the way it's all connected

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Emalde posted:

What Miracles should I be gunning for?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Anyone know that the trigger is to get Siegward to show up in the well? I messed up his questline on my first character and wanted to make sure I got his armor on the second, but I can't get him to show up. Do I need to meet Patches first?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

^^^ Open the main cathedral door

Manatee Cannon posted:

so what's the equip weight threshold for the flynn's ring?

Flynns ring is bad in this game, don't use it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So do infusions work the same way as they did in DS2 when it comes to weapon buffs? As in, a fire weapon can be buffed with flame weapon to do even more damage?

Stormgale posted:

Why? I get that the damage isn't as crazy as it was in DS2 but damage is damage.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Welcome to the party. Hope you got purple ghost first.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Anyone know that the trigger is to get Siegward to show up in the well? I messed up his questline on my first character and wanted to make sure I got his armor on the second, but I can't get him to show up. Do I need to meet Patches first?

Basically open all the goddamn big blue doors.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is the seed of tree of giants back in? I thought red/mound invasions couldn't be attacked or hurt by npcs, but the crabs are killing me.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

NPC stuff: the pilgrim seems to died, is that it now? I didn't use him to level or anything.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

^^^ That quest is now done for your playthrough, you can't advance it now.

Internet Kraken posted:

So do infusions work the same way as they did in DS2 when it comes to weapon buffs? As in, a fire weapon can be buffed with flame weapon to do even more damage?

Why? I get that the damage isn't as crazy as it was in DS2 but damage is damage.

It's a 5% damage boost at 0 equip weight (supposedly), scaling down as you equip more stuff (based of current equip load instead of max)

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Stormgale posted:

^^^ Open the main cathedral door

Ah ok, this random NPC guide I found said only to go as far as the second shortcut. I assume as long as I don't fight the boss I'll be alright?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Nuggan posted:

Welcome to the party. Hope you got purple ghost first.

Don't worry I didn't.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Internet Kraken posted:

Fextralife quotes:

Flynn's Ring was patched and now provides a 5% boost to a character's Attack Rating if they have nothing equipped at all. Once their weight has been raised to about 25, the boost from the ring becomes completely negligible.

It sounds like it's barely good if you're under 25 weight, and not worth it above that amount.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ah ok, this random NPC guide I found said only to go as far as the second shortcut. I assume as long as I don't fight the boss I'll be alright?

I opened the door and then he appeared, you should be fine yeah.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

No, they work like they do in DS1/Bloodborne: if a weapon already scales with a magic stat, it can't be buffed. (Neither can boss weapons.)

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Stormgale posted:

What Miracles should I be gunning for?

Deep Protection (Cathedral of the Deep), Dorhy's Gnawing (Irithyll), Lifehunt Scythe (Aldrich Transpose).

Dead Again is kind of useful in some of the more densely-packed locations, but a lot of those are fairly early on, long before you get either of the talismans that make it really exciting.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

put that Demon's Souls relic down and fight Yhorm like the lord police that you are for whatever reason :colbert:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Harrow posted:

No, they work like they do in DS1/Bloodborne: if a weapon already scales with a magic stat, it can't be buffed. (Neither can boss weapons.)

Oh. Well then I guess I'll just keep my thrall axe raw then.

Wish I could find out how to relevel. Feels like I'm halfway through the game and the stats I spent on str/dex just to test out weapons early on are effectively wasted now.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

RBA Starblade posted:

Is the seed of tree of giants back in? I thought red/mound invasions couldn't be attacked or hurt by npcs, but the crabs are killing me.

I got one from the DS2 giant tree right before the bridge to the tower outside Firelink shrine, the one you buy the key for. I did get invaded by a wolfbro once so I don't know if that's a factor or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Man some poo poo sure went down in Irithyll I am not exactly sure what it was yet though