Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tamayachi posted:

I got one from the DS2 giant tree right before the bridge to the tower outside Firelink shrine, the one you buy the key for. I did get invaded by a wolfbro once so I don't know if that's a factor or not.

Well that's annoying and stacks the odds even more. I've been mound invading hoping for some watchdogs but I've seen two and only as a co-op partner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
"Lizard Ahead" Oh cool one of those little guys that give me materials

OH gently caress NO OH GOD

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Emalde posted:

Deep Protection (Cathedral of the Deep), Dorhy's Gnawing (Irithyll), Lifehunt Scythe (Aldrich Transpose).

Dead Again is kind of useful in some of the more densely-packed locations, but a lot of those are fairly early on, long before you get either of the talismans that make it really exciting.

Is Lifehunt viable in PvP or mostly just PvE would you say?

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
God drat these Abyss Watchers even in co op I get beat. Is lvl 3 weapon to low?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

It's poo poo that you can't parry with the rapier anymore.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Abyss Watchers is the only boss fight I've summoned someone for so far because I loving hate multi-boss battles

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Winkie01 posted:

God drat these Abyss Watchers even in co op I get beat. Is lvl 3 weapon to low?

I did it with a +3 dark sword, but I also used a fire resist shield and summoned the NPC dude to absorb hits while I fished for backstabs.

EDIT: ^^^ if you kite them towards the ones with red eyes, they'll fight each other if they hit one another, and you can get some free hits in.

EDIT2: vvvv I believe that's a shortcut lever for later on

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

How do I enable the lever at the Sulyvahn bonfire room?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

am i pretty

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Is Lifehunt viable in PvP or mostly just PvE would you say?

I could see it working just fine in PvP with one of the Sage Ring +0/+1/+2 with a splash of DEX investment.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

codo27 posted:

How do I enable the lever at the Sulyvahn bonfire room?

It's a shortcut that you have to take from the top first.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Man some poo poo sure went down in Irithyll I am not exactly sure what it was yet though

You'll end up going :stare: once you realized the implications of what happen there.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

JordanKai posted:

It's a shortcut that you have to take from the top first.

Ok, is that the bonfire I can see from the bottom of the stairs of the elevator thing at Anor Londo? cause I cant figure out how to get to that either.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

codo27 posted:

Ok, is that the bonfire I can see from the bottom of the stairs of the elevator thing at Anor Londo? cause I cant figure out how to get to that either.

Nah, he's talking about the boss bonfire before that. I just got to the area you're in and got the first bonfire at the top before the giant set of stairs, the other one with all the floating messages is for later I'm sure.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is it a bug or intended that watchdogs don't get announced when they invade you and that they despawn when you fight the black knight?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Tamayachi posted:

Nah, he's talking about the boss bonfire before that. I just got to the area you're in and got the first bonfire at the top before the giant set of stairs, the other one with all the floating messages is for later I'm sure.

Still have no idea where to go.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

codo27 posted:

It's much closer than that. Once you get up to the area with all the fire casters just turn around and there will be a doorway leading to some stuff and the shortcut.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is this because I'm hollowed

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

codo27 posted:

Still have no idea where to go.

Did you rotate the elevator thing back up while standing on it?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

net cafe scandal posted:

Is this because I'm hollowed

your medal being hosed up? yes.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Do I get any additional spell damage from upgrading the pyromancy flame?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Wow, that turbo-headgrab super murder move used by the screechy bird people in Farron Keep isn't bullshit or anything.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Jesus, Smouldering Lake and Irithyll are both hard as poo poo. The training wheels are fully off.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
In the cathederal area, did someone at From take on a bet to design an area with a single bonfire (not counting the covenant related side area)? because goddamn that is some amazing level design.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Tabletops posted:

your medal being hosed up? yes.

Thank you. I must fix this immediately.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Jesus, Smouldering Lake and Irithyll are both hard as poo poo. The training wheels are fully off.

Just wait for the dungeon. Oh boy.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
OK the knight distractedly staring at a portrait of Gwynevere is the best enemy in the game

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Finally got invaded one-on-one for the first time in this game and we had an honorable duel and I won. That was pretty fun.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

JordanKai posted:

It's much closer than that. Once you get up to the area with all the fire casters just turn around and there will be a doorway leading to some stuff and the shortcut.

You mean the upper level of the church?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Are catalysts still hosed? I remember hearing before release that upgrading them had no affect on your damage. And that miracles only did good damage at melee range.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Harrow posted:

Finally got invaded one-on-one for the first time in this game and we had an honorable duel and I won. That was pretty fun.

Yeah, the Wolfbro that invaded me watched patiently as I fought off two NPC invaders and then healed up for our match, it was close and a lot of Sword Arts happened, but I barely won it. Definitely feels good when you have a 1v1 setting.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
Man, why is everyone complaining about Abyss walkers, theres like 3 dudes and I just rocked the one guy while the other two were fighting him, super ea.... :stare: Oh... well, poo poo....

Also, I seem to only be able to summon one person instead of two. Maybe because I'm hollowed? If I use the finger I can summon 2 instead of 3, but I still get insta invaded by 2 people.

Nuggan fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 15, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mel Mudkiper posted:

OK the knight distractedly staring at a portrait of Gwynevere is the best enemy in the game

Why were those guys even there? The knights in the lake made sense because they are black knights and are still trying to fight off the demons but those guys popping up seemed random as hell.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Nuggan posted:

Man, why is everyone complaining about Abyss walkers, theres like 3 dudes and I just rocked the one guy while the other two were fighting him, super ea.... :stare: Oh... well, poo poo....

same

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

codo27 posted:

You mean the upper level of the church?

He's talking about the shortcut back to the Pontiff bonfire, not the bonfire you can see in the distance off the Corkscrew elevator

I think. I haven't gone up the stairs to Anor Londo proper and I can't wait to get home from work to see where that goes.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
The trick to determining if a chest is a mimic is the same as the method in DS1.
If the chain points back, no need to attack. If the chain points to you, light that bastard on fire what are you waiting for?.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Like, holy gently caress how am I supposed to kill this giant demon lizard that bursts out of a dude

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What's up with the fog door at Firelink? That wasn't there before.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Internet Kraken posted:

Why were those guys even there? The knights in the lake made sense because they are black knights and are still trying to fight off the demons but those guys popping up seemed random as hell.

Considering where they are located, it makes sense.

You do realize Irithyll is part of Anor Londo right? Black Knights are basically Gwyn's soliders, so makes sense they are still around in his hometown.

edit: Fog Door at Firelink is basically the game "loading". It stays like that until you get up to it and then it loads up the area. Yeah it's weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
irithyll dungeon is one of the most irritating areas in the game, i hate the branding enemies