Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fadam posted:

This game owns I just wish I could get an invasion that wasn't against like 3 other people smh

I like that. Very mind game heavy, and people with "strength of numbers" often over commit to really stupid stuff and you can whup their rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
ive honestly killed more 2v1 and 3v1 than have killed me, and i dont pretend to be some master pvp guy

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
i spent way too much time than i should have finding the path forward in profaned capital after the bonfire.

does anyone know if/where patches is hanging out in firelink after you meet him the first time?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

ive honestly killed more 2v1 and 3v1 than have killed me, and i dont pretend to be some master pvp guy

Yeah ive always been kind of intimidated by the pvp in these games but seein you take down those two in the swamp earlier has inspired me to invade

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Have any of you who finished the game found both Havels Ring and the Prisoners Chain?

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Havel's Ring can be made with the soul of the Stray Demon , dont know about the other one, I'm not done yet, just beat the first lord of cinder. Awesome fight.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Have any of you who finished the game found both Havels Ring and the Prisoners Chain?

yup!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i beat the main game but the secret area is really brutal. not fun to be invaded there lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres an incredibly easy, obvious soul farming thing here too. i cant imagine this wasnt intentional

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

yes and the fap ring

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Walking faster than fat rollers can run ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

id id the math nd the piece of gear givng me the most stats is my loincloth lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also holy poo poo the ab yss watchers. holy poo poo!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Lol at pwning 2 of my invadees white phantoms and doing the "welcome" gesture to him as we black crystals me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

watch that video on how defense works in ds3 cause its kind of retarded lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

sorry bobby, im nnot doing that

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Invading in the sunlight covenant nets you a sunlight medal lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Average Bear posted:

Invading in the sunlight covenant nets you a sunlight medal lmao

Solaire starts crying

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i'm gonna spend all day tomorro w sunbroing the abyss watchers because that fight rocks house. this game's so insane ly fuckin good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

also holy poo poo the ab yss watchers. holy poo poo!

I just got up to that fight and immediately got owned. Think I'm gonna stop there for the night

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Also just unlocked a shortcut back to Road of Sacrifices and ran into an old friend who is much harder than I remember :stare:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tfw im blasting through invadees with a giant cleaver and run into someone who actually has poise

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Also just unlocked a shortcut back to Road of Sacrifices and ran into an old friend who is much harder than I remember :stare:

lmfo i lost my poo poo whn i bumped into him. that fght rocks when you can't get hit twice

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

Its not even true any more. Different armor has different flat reductions. I noticed that in general though there's no worthless armor. The maiden set from Cathedral of the Deep has massive curse resist and very generous dark reduction. Cleric's set is similar but more balanced around magic damages and statuses.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone noticed that there's like no ugly armors in this game either. Except for the DS1 Warrior/DS2 Pate set you can buy which I've always thought is ugly af, they're all really cool looking. The Fallen Knight set is literally just the Knight armor but with a ratty old cloak and some random pouches and stuff.

The Sorcerer hood matches the robe if you wear them together, but is a burgundy hood that's a little less poofy otherwise.

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 15, 2016

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Has anyone noticed that there's like no ugly armors in this game either. Except for the DS1 Warrior/DS2 Pate set you can buy which I've always thought is ugly af, they're all really cool looking. The Fallen Knight set is literally just the Knight armor but with a ratty old cloak and some random pouches and stuff.

The Sorcerer hood matches the robe if you wear them together, but is a burgundy hood that's a little less poofy otherwise.

Fashion Souls has definitely never been better than now

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That feel when you lock down your SL100 build after hours of research while also trying not to spoil yourself.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been doing my armor like Bloodborne too, where I just ignore it and pick what looks nice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

i'm gonna spend all day tomorro w sunbroing the abyss watchers because that fight rocks house. this game's so insane ly fuckin good

I haven't beaten them but the fight is awesome and I want to coop it. Wasn't getting any hits outside the fog door though, maybe the hot spot is somewhere else

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
holy poo poo... has anyone beaten pontif? this guy is loving insane. i had to do another area for a bit because i wasn't making headway, and the other area made me say "holy poo poo" aloud several times

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

I haven't beaten them but the fight is awesome and I want to coop it. Wasn't getting any hits outside the fog door though, maybe the hot spot is somewhere else

most people pull phantoms from the bonfire that's right around the corner, the one that's back in the keep

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Anyone wanna co op?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

most people pull phantoms from the bonfire that's right around the corner, the one that's back in the keep

makes sense, considering the layout

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

I've been doing my armor like Bloodborne too, where I just ignore it and pick what looks nice

my armor looks like cool patchwork garbage because i wanna be able to roll well and the ultra greatsword weighs 20 pounds

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

Anyone wanna co op?

You want to fight Taurus Demon in Farron Keep. I'm having trouble with him... My weapons aren't good enough I think.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

You want to fight Taurus Demon in Farron Keep. I'm having trouble with him... My weapons aren't good enough I think.

Yes but idk where that is lol

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

i just watched that defense vid and it can't be unintentional that being naked totally tanks your percentage-based damage reduction, lol.

undead settlement has so much good gear. just found the great scythe and the cloranthy ring so as soon as i find/claim the darkwraith set my usual ds1 build is back in busines :D

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

Yes but idk where that is lol

Lol how far have you gotten

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Lol how far have you gotten

I beat the game, is it the elevator above old wolf bonfire? I'm trying to lay down a sign but its greyed out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

I beat the game, is it the elevator above old wolf bonfire? I'm trying to lay down a sign but its greyed out

Yes. Step away from the elevator. Also I'm probably way under you in level so set your password to Imp or something

• Locked thread