Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Alteisen posted:

So I can play offline? My internet is garbage and unstable as hell and I just had the game throw me to the title screen because of the net hiccups, and if that happens during a tough boss fight I'm gonna be rather annoyed.

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Decided to buy this. What's the best class for a noob? I was thinking Knight or Warrior. I like melee and having some armor and big weapons.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Decided to buy this. What's the best class for a noob? I was thinking Knight or Warrior. I like melee and having some armor and big weapons.

Knight is the more balanced of the 2 and most people start as that.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Knight or Warrior are you best choice then. Warrior as a bit more Hp than Knight.

Though yeah Knight starts with 13 STR and 12 Dex so you can at least go pick which you wanna focus on or spilt them a bit like I did. :v:

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Pretty sure I have failed every NPC quest line so far

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How much twinkling titanite and titanite scales are in the game? Enough for one weapon to max out or more?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

RBA Starblade posted:

How much twinkling titanite and titanite scales are in the game? Enough for one weapon to max out or more?

you can buy as many as you want

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Stokes posted:

I'm currently getting my dick kicked in by some frost beast underneath the Undead Settlement. If I've cleared out everywhere else in the area, is that the only path to go? Or am I missing something?

Lure it to the side you start on, then book it to the door. It's not locked.

bonfire right on the other side, so if you really want to kill it you have a) much much much much faster/easier attempts b) he won't follow through the door so you can go through to heal

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010
Does this game do that terrible name censoring like in DS2? Like K***ht?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Positronic Spleen posted:

Does this game do that terrible name censoring like in DS2? Like K***ht?

yes

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

After Treeboss.. I let the Onion Knight die and attacked the Giant at the top of the tower. How bad did I gently caress up?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

96 spacejam posted:

I let the Onion Knight die and attacked the Giant at the top of the tower. How bad did I gently caress up?

:pwn:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

96 spacejam posted:

I let the Onion Knight die and attacked the Giant at the top of the tower. How bad did I gently caress up?

:holymoley: You have hosed up now.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

I have his armor though soooo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lets hang out posted:

you can buy as many as you want

Awesome.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy poo poo, Pontif is hard. I've been co-oping to try and get his moves down, and I've only had one party get him close to being dead. IDK if I'm too low a level, or what, but he wrecks me constantly 1-on-1 (well, in the 3 or 4 matches I've had). I think the secret is dodging into his attacks, except the ones where that doesn't work, and I'm suddenly at half health. I'll try it again tomorrow.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/452985078871986437/6ADB7415AF335A12E69A00AB032FA1FC20C2FF47/

this was my most awkward invasion

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If an NPC's armor shows up in a vendor, does that mean I've failed their quest, and they're now dead?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
Irithyll, post-boss.

http://i.imgur.com/Zdf59hr.jpg

gently caress me.

Edit: Oh god they could reach me from there I went back to the game just to see myself die.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

it really was this. we stood for a good minute, striking poses. the pressure was too great and one phantom retreated. the mad phantom was the one who manned up and started the fight.

in the end all three dogpiled the host, but he fought back a surprising amount of time before dying.

i really need a means to punish estus use. i wish the animation was slower. :gonk:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The pvp in this game owns SO MUCH. I love the 3v3 (or more!) + AI battles in the swamp when you have red phantoms, white phantoms, swamp bros, crabs, tree guys, cross boys etc all going at it.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
is there a way to send greirat to ice land without him getting killed? I liked him a lot, I wish I didn't let him go :smith:

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I'm in Anor Londo right now, but I've heard people mention a place called Irithyll Dungeon, so I assume I must have missed a branch off point for it or something. What section of Irithyll should I be off exploring?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
ive slain around twenty men and yeah it's pretty fun. most of the time it is 1v2 or 1v3, though; only had another invader spotted around three times.

i do like killing blue cops, since they tend to spawn by themselves and next to you instead to the host. they seem to be generally weaker and bad at pvp, probably since they're only used to being on the winning side of those mismatches.

e: that, or going by the fact I never loving get paged when I'm in that covenant, I am their first ds3 pvp experience every single time.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Just found a giant pile of dead Stray Demons :stare:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

is there a way to send greirat to ice land without him getting killed? I liked him a lot, I wish I didn't let him go :smith:

If you do Siegward's quest line and don't tell Patches he'll show back up after Pontiff.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

a cop posted:

The pvp in this game owns SO MUCH. I love the 3v3 (or more!) + AI battles in the swamp when you have red phantoms, white phantoms, swamp bros, crabs, tree guys, cross boys etc all going at it.

It's really great when it's working, the problem is it's mostly not.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

RBA Starblade posted:

It's really great when it's working, the problem is it's mostly not.

Works flawlessly for me on PS4 :ssh:

I've got 24 wolfbro trophies, 11 white tongues and 3 blue tongues.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

LibbyM posted:

I'm in Anor Londo right now, but I've heard people mention a place called Irithyll Dungeon, so I assume I must have missed a branch off point for it or something. What section of Irithyll should I be off exploring?

remember when you went into the river and down by the scary bone spider people? If you keep walking that way in the river you'll hit another building with a bonfire in it and that's where the FUN BEGINS

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
God this game is great. And soo violent. Praise the Soup.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

remember when you went into the river and down by the scary bone spider people? If you keep walking that way in the river you'll hit another building with a bonfire in it and that's where the FUN BEGINS

Thanks, I'll go poke around there.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

(Smoldering Lake spoiler) Does anyone know what the deal is with the giant worm? As a melee build, I'm not sure what to do with it. It moves so fast and so randomly that I literally can't get any hits in, and every time I get close the movement animation deals damage to me. What am I missing here?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

GreatGreen posted:

Good god how are you supposed to fight that thing on the bridge at the beginning of Ithryll of the Boreal Valley?

it works with melee too so long as you get it to the required point :ssh: (5:45)

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

(Smoldering Lake spoiler) Does anyone know what the deal is with the giant worm? As a melee build, I'm not sure what to do with it. It moves so fast and so randomly that I literally can't get any hits in, and every time I get close the movement animation deals damage to me. What am I missing here?

Get on the other side of it and proceed from there, you may want to light the bonfire first.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Just solo'd the Abyss Watchers. Took me five or six attempts because I was getting greedy during the fights' second phase. Tried to offer my sign for the fight but nobody bit, and the lead-up to the fight is some nasty bullshit. Good time to call it a night.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Abyss watchers :stare:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
oh apparently there's a two level threshold for online stuff

so if you have a level 4 weapon you can't invade people with level 1 or 0 gear.

and apparently storing them doesn't change this, according to hearsay.

ffffffffffffff. ive avoided gaining levels (im at last 43 or so) but all my poo poo is level 4 so having this discrepancy probably explains why the covenants never summon me.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

NotAnArtist posted:

the lead-up to the fight is some nasty bullshit

You mean the lead-up where you run along the right wall and don't care about anything?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Assuming you've dealt with the other hazard in the area, just wait till it stops moving and hit it. It stays still for a long time to do lightning attacks. Don't stand in its area when it goes underground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
So what seems to be the most OP abused weapons right now? I'm not taking about Farons's Greatsword because that poo poo gets outclassed fast. I'm using a Heavy Dark Sword. It has the AR of Greatsword with me being able to attack 6 times in a row.