Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I believe Abaddon has said that Jaggernoth is immensely more powerful than the other demiurges, and the only thing holding him back is the six others allying against him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!

A big flaming stink posted:

I believe Abaddon has said that Jaggernoth is immensely more powerful than the other demiurges, and the only thing holding him back is the six others allying against him.

Yeah, in that council scene they definitely were hella respectful whenever they addressed Jaggernoth. His entire thing is to grow more powerful I think. He probably doesn't take an action unless it's to increase his power or defend it in some way.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*inspects fingernails* yeah, I know Ki Rata... youve probably never heard of it

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

TheCIASentMe posted:

Yeah, in that council scene they definitely were hella respectful whenever they addressed Jaggernoth. His entire thing is to grow more powerful I think. He probably doesn't take an action unless it's to increase his power or defend it in some way.

I imagine he is the only demiurge who messes around with modern technology for this reason.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I love how Jannagnoth's fortress is just a featureless plateau where no one can hide from him.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idk if this has been brought up before but going back i noticed that on this page allison's horns disappear momentarily

quick, we must decipher the meaning of this :v:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Tollymain posted:

idk if this has been brought up before but going back i noticed that on this page allison's horns disappear momentarily

quick, we must decipher the meaning of this :v:

The page was drawn later, it's an art error.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
apparently the irony did not translate

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
mottom is about to discover that the rarest, most exotic, and most delectably decadent thing in all the worlds is friendship

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

mottom is about to discover that the rarest, most exotic, and most delectably decadent thing in all the worlds is friendship

In all honesty, she always seemed to have a bit of self-loathing whenever she talked about their inevitable doom. I wonder if she had a personal thing for Zoss

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
JAGGANOTH :black101:

Also drat, the Demiurge's war lasted for a millenia...

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It seems that Jagganoth being significantly more powerful than the other six has stopped being merely a blog fact and has entered into the actual comic.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I mean, Mottom isn't wrong. That's a really terrible plan!

The idea is probably that none of them could take that key because it would upset the balance and if there's any serious infighting they wouldn't be able to contain Jagganoth. So it's not really balanced between the 7, more like the 6 and the 1.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Link, for the convenience of others finding out about the update through this thread.

Anyway, yeah, we've known the others are scared of Jagganoth since his appearance. The way the others acted around him and the general way things went there made it clear he was on a different level, and that he probably could have crushed Mottom there if he wanted to.

Which, tangentially, is probably a factor in why she's so worried about him now. After that incident, she's probably a bit afraid, at the least. If Jadis hadn't started speaking then, things likely would have ended poorly for Mother Om.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
Allison, pretty little shrub, or soon to be human weapon sent to die against Jagganoth? (as long as neither he nor anyone else gets her key)

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
allison is gonna become a puppet for the demiurges to kill each other until nobody's left but her haha

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Jagganoth is a cool dude, he'll help Allison because it's the right thing to do.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I mean, I guess the meeting between Allison and Jagganoth could go something like this?

But probably not.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Excited to see the next page, especially if its a double-spread.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trying and failing to come up with an mgr memes reference joke

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Party Boat posted:

I mean, I guess the meeting between Allison and Jagganoth could go something like this?

But probably not.

Good god that Squirrel Girl looks like she has Down syndrome.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010
The latest comic kind of makes me wonder, how long has Jagganoth been as powerful as he has?

From Mottom's words, it seems that it must be a relatively recent thing. But then, why was he allowed to gain it? Such a stalemate kind of relies on smacking down anyone who would disrupt it. Were the demiurges so scared of starting off war that they let him build himself up, or did he do it in secret, one day appearing as he now does?

Somewhere there's a comment that the last time the demiurges met, an event of great import happened, with a clue to look at the table infront of where one sat. I think it's on the tumblr. But there's a very broken area in front of Jagganoth's position. Perhaps there is when and where he first revealed his power.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Aurium posted:

The latest comic kind of makes me wonder, how long has Jagganoth been as powerful as he has?

From Mottom's words, it seems that it must be a relatively recent thing. But then, why was he allowed to gain it? Such a stalemate kind of relies on smacking down anyone who would disrupt it. Were the demiurges so scared of starting off war that they let him build himself up, or did he do it in secret, one day appearing as he now does?

Somewhere there's a comment that the last time the demiurges met, an event of great import happened, with a clue to look at the table infront of where one sat. I think it's on the tumblr. But there's a very broken area in front of Jagganoth's position. Perhaps there is when and where he first revealed his power.

two or three days. poo poo got real prettttty quick

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Aurium posted:

he's supposedly a brilliant strategist, he most likely is just very good at playing the others against each other to the point where they can't or won't do poo poo about his rise

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
Also I suppose it has something to do with what constitutes 'building up' for these people. I don't think it's like stockpiling WMDs- which Jagganoth apparently also does, but that's not what makes him so strong- or charging magical macguffins, I suspect it's more about what's going on in their heads. Sure, it doesn't even take reality-bending powers to get an inkling of what cards a person is holding from how they act, but it can be hard to tell the full extent of what a person knows just from looking at them. And what is the trigger that would indicate it's time to act against someone? You gonna rekindle universal war every time a Demiurge sits in their chambers and meditates?

So I figure they weren't really aware of what Jagganoth had become able to do, because up until whatever altercation they had, he never had a reason to show more power than what they all use to subjugate their worlds. Then one day they have it out and go "oh poo poo, Jagganoth done gone and figured out the last few secrets to total mastery of space/time, we're proper hosed now"

Cathair fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 19, 2016

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

but is there a difference between Jagganoth becoming strong and the rest of the Demiurges becoming weak?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Are you suggesting that they have become fattened by decadence and luxury while Jagganoth pursued singular, unsettling tales that suggested an ancient, nameless power?

If so, then ruin has come to our family.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm reasonably sure all powers in k6bd have names and generally are the more terrifying for it

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

A.o.D. posted:

Are you suggesting that they have become fattened by decadence and luxury while Jagganoth pursued singular, unsettling tales that suggested an ancient, nameless power?

He's been working out?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Cathair posted:

Also I suppose it has something to do with what constitutes 'building up' for these people. I don't think it's like stockpiling WMDs- which Jagganoth apparently also does, but that's not what makes him so strong- or charging magical macguffins, I suspect it's more about what's going on in their heads. Sure, it doesn't even take reality-bending powers to get an inkling of what cards a person is holding from how they act, but it can be hard to tell the full extent of what a person knows just from looking at them. And what is the trigger that would indicate it's time to act against someone? You gonna rekindle universal war every time a Demiurge sits in their chambers and meditates?

So I figure they weren't really aware of what Jagganoth had become able to do, because up until whatever altercation they had, he never had a reason to show more power than what they all use to subjugate their worlds. Then one day they have it out and go "oh poo poo, Jagganoth done gone and figured out the last few secrets to total mastery of space/time, we're proper hosed now"

I get the feeling it's less about stockpiling weapons and more about increasing one's personal ability to survive getting PERISHed. They could all take each other out, and any other weapon or army is irrelevant next to their personal destructive power, but they could also all be taken out by any other demiurge, and maybe a seventh of the multiverse isn't so bad when you're looking at the prospect of gambling your life on six shootouts. Unless an invulnerable one of their number eliminates that risk.

sorta like the real cold war it was a halfway workable missile defense that was threatening to really set off the end of the world, not a bigger superbomb or the deadliest starting move

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 19, 2016

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

atomicthumbs posted:

but is there a difference between Jagganoth becoming strong and the rest of the Demiurges becoming weak?

An interesting point, but I'd like to think that the demiurges are beyond the petty entropy that scars their lesser, mortal human cousins. I mean, the trap of thinking that you've reached the top and can stop trying now should be one of the first things to go out the window when you've beheld the shape of the universe and seen that 'the top' is Infinity.

Then again, they haven't been truly tested or forced to act outside their comfort zone since the universal war, so maybe there's something to that.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Say Nothing posted:

He's been working out?

Supposedly the keys magnify your personal aptitudes, so if he's actually been working to increase his personal prowess instead of just relying on the Key of Kings as a force multiplier, that could be the thing and the whole of the thing.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
*extremely Jagganoth voice* THE THING IS IF YOU CONSIDER THE KEY AS A MULTIPLICATIVE ENHANCEMENT RATHER THAN AN ADDITIVE ONE-

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i like jagganoph

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
jagganoth used to look like a normal human but then he spent 5000 years getting super loving ripped

the other demiurges never approached him about it because they didn't want to be weird

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Tetracube posted:

jagganoth used to look like a normal human but then he spent 5000 years getting super loving ripped

the other demiurges never approached him about it because they didn't want to be weird

"Jagganoth, I noticed when you bench that you bend your elbo-"*

* Stopped speaking due to extreme blood loss.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Jagganoth's secret is that he never missed leg day once, in an entire kalpa.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10 KM running...EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!

Captain Oblivious posted:

Jagganoth's secret is that he never missed leg day once, in an entire kalpa.

Jagganoth's secret is that he has an entire day devoted to each individual muscle in his body.

And that day is today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
jagganoths secret is that EVERY MORNING HE OPEN PALM SLA