Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Nice, it's the good team principles press conference.

edit: lol they put the tiny Japanese guy behind Toto

Horner is miserable and it's glorious. Sounds like the works teams are stalling on changes for 2017 and he may be without an engine again.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Apr 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Hmm, I'm not getting High Def broadcast for this GP for some reason.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Nico Rosberg's words "I've not got this in the bag, I have to take this seriously, Lewis' grid drop does not mean much, the Ferrari's are incredibly strong" Vs his body language ":dance: :haw: :woop: :parrot:"

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

minstrels posted:

poo poo, just pay postage? How much for all delivered to Newcastle?

It's about 5 pounds of books in total but I can get cheap UK postage through my work...but someone else has emailed me already for a couple of the books.

For everyone that is/was interested, please email me (krushgroove169@gmail.com) with your choices and general location and I'll try to figure out (non-tracked) postage for the books. Strictly first come first served. One person emailed and about half a dozen posted in the thread, and it moves too quickly on race weeks to keep up, so email only.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Engine drama is coming, unless the contract is signed next week Bernie is going to bring back the V8 supplier thing into play again. Everyone is ready to sign but Horner.

Eb
May 6, 2003
I like how this story is making headlines all over the place, it even made the mainstream news in my tiny dumb country.

A newspaper posted:

Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg have had another spat – this time over who picks up the tab for their restaurant bill.

The duo didn’t even wait for the action to start in China before dishing out some more flak to each other.

The Mercedes pair were among 18 F1 aces at their annual gathering ahead of Sunday’s Chinese Grand Prix.

While Hamilton, who earns £33m a year, says he offered to foot the entire bill he claimed the idea was shot down by his title rival struggling to get by on a miserly £12m.

The German wanted the bill split evenly between them all.

“It was a little bit silly really. Ridiculous,” said Hamilton.

“Someone said, ‘Let’s share the bill’, so 18 drivers shared a bill which is just insane.”

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Lewis was right.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Splitting the bill in China, what a loving pillock.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
1) Someone offers to pay entire bill
2) Unless you are a contemptible person with no sense of decorum, you decline and offer to pay your share
3) "No I insist", "No I insist", eventually the bill-splitter "reluctantly relents" and the initial offeror foots the entire bill to make it easy on the wait staff.

Lewis didn't put up enough of a fight, Britney wins the 2016 Etiquette WDC.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
gently caress, who am I kidding. Britney probably went into an autistic rage about the expense of individual dishes and the proper way to attribute the gratuity charge to each diner. Ordentlichkeit in diesem Haus 2k16.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

runoverbobby posted:

1) Someone offers to pay entire bill
2) Unless you are a contemptible person with no sense of decorum, you decline and offer to pay your share
3) "No I insist", "No I insist", eventually the bill-splitter "reluctantly relents" and the initial offeror foots the entire bill to make it easy on the wait staff.

Lewis didn't put up enough of a fight, Britney wins the 2016 Etiquette WDC.

You're off on step two when it comes to China, if you offer to pay, you don't offer to pay "your share" you offer to pay the whole thing. There have been arguments in China about restaurant bills which have turned out fatal when two (or more) dudes go "I'll pay" "NO! I'll pay" and so on.

http://shanghaiist.com/2015/08/14/beijing-man-sued-dispute-over-hot-pot-bill-turns-deadly.php

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Skarsnik posted:

His Haas is on fire

Thats a fire haasard

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Who the gently caress makes the wait staff split a bill 18 ways.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

A bunch of millionaires, that's who

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

Farmland Park posted:

There have been arguments in China about restaurant bills which have turned out fatal when two (or more) dudes go "I'll pay" "NO! I'll pay" and so on.

Fernando intervened and said drat you all, I've already paid the whole thing. RIP.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Gene Haas continues to be an amazing addition to the paddock.

quote:

On Thursday Grosjean suggested the detractors were "just jealous because they haven't achieved what we have done so far", with Haas also feeling there to be "sour grapes involved".
Asked by Autosport about Grosjean's comments, Haas replied: "This place is a soap opera!
"I think a lot of the teams at the back really don't understand what competition is. They're getting maybe a little too fat happy.
"We never came into this thing to run at the back. We want to compete, and that's what we're going to do. If people don't like that then that's their problem."
The political side of F1 is an aspect Haas is slowly becoming accustomed to given the predominantly autocratic approach he has known in NASCAR over the years.
Haas added: "I guess in a sense there are a lot of whiners in F1, that talk about our success... we are here racing.
"I don't know what they are complaining about. We are just racing on their turf. If they can't figure that out they have a problem.
"There have been a lot of obstacles to get to this point and now we're here, we're here. We're not going away, and they'd better get used to it, and if people don't like it that's their problem, not my problem."
At one point Haas produced a piece of paper that detailed the list of parts his team has make itself for its two F1 cars.
Dismissing the 'Ferrari B-team' references, an animated Haas said: "I've got this right here. This is [the list of] the listed parts.
"These are the parts that you have to make. Have you guys read this? That's it.
"The fact we're doing something that is different, what's wrong with that?
"If you're a driver and you can figure out how to go around a turn faster than the guy next to you, who do you give the credit to? The guy who is slower, or the guy who is faster?
"We've proven we're well within all the guidelines the FIA publishes, and quite frankly, I don't know what people are complaining about.
"We're here to race, if you want to beat us by complaining that's just not what it's about."

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Every sentence he spoke was insightful and accurate.

Until the last one. Complaining your way in front of your competitiors is precisely what F1 is about.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
The old guys getting their Hass handed to them.

In other news I owe my dad £220... He has bet me double or nothing that Lewis will one stop and beat Nico. Now I never bet against my homeboy but I cant see him overcoming the britney unless their is a mechanic failure.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Nico has a sense of justice and fairness, he believes those with means should pull their own weight, whereas Lewis is a 19th century robber baron. Nico 2016.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

runoverbobby posted:

gently caress, who am I kidding. Britney probably went into an autistic rage about the expense of individual dishes and the proper way to attribute the gratuity charge to each diner. Ordentlichkeit in diesem Haus 2k16.
Rosberg is many things, autistic is not one of them. Not even close.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

What a bunch of morons, of course you play credit card roulette to decide who pays.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Dynamite Dog posted:

Gene Haas continues to be an amazing addition to the paddock.
I'm really enjoying the NASCAR man.

Also, really looking forward to seeing Lewis' race start, what with his grid penalty and new gearbox. If he struggles to pull off the line again he's going to be down at P10 to Turn 1 at least. Really exciting. Looks to be a promising opportunity for the Scud.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Hass for moral WCC

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Kilonum posted:

Hass for moral WCC

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
is Lewis melting down yet

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

El Hefe posted:

is Lewis melting down yet

Funny you should mention that. He's just admitted in a very long winded, (and with enough technical terms so his mouth breathing fans will still blame Mercedes) way that he was 4m slower off the line than Nico for the last two races because he hadn't been in the simulator to learn the proper start procedure with a single clutch. He has now done this. #blessed

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

#Prosperity

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If only Lewis could still rise.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

1500quidporsche posted:

If only Lewis could still rise.

I think about bread dough every time this comes up

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I had a dream last night that Lewis had a massive shunt in FP2 and was seriously injured. :smith: First thing I did when I woke up was get online to make sure that was just a dream.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

gret posted:

I had a dream last night that Lewis had a massive shunt in FP2 and was seriously injured. :smith: First thing I did when I woke up was get online to make sure that was just a dream.

Don't worry, he only hurt his ego after spinning twice in the same place.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
https://twitter.com/ToroRossoSpy/status/720985420947918848

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

gret posted:

The only massive shunt Lewis has had lately is into a Bottas.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

:yikes:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

1500quidporsche posted:

The only massive shunt Lewis has had lately is into a Bottas.

There's also the...oh wait, you said shunt. Nevermind.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

#worldfuckinchampion

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

learnincurve posted:

Funny you should mention that. He's just admitted in a very long winded, (and with enough technical terms so his mouth breathing fans will still blame Mercedes) way that he was 4m slower off the line than Nico for the last two races because he hadn't been in the simulator to learn the proper start procedure with a single clutch. He has now done this. #blessed

So the world champion with his own private jet couldn't be bothered to go to the simulator to learn how to start a race?

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Nah. The real story will come out but i suspect its... Mercedes wanted to let Nico experience not losing and therefore decided to give him simulator time and not OUR Lewis.

He has been awfully busy loving about with music people in the off season.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

keevo posted:

So the world champion with his own private jet couldn't be bothered to go to the simulator to learn how to start a race?

You can understand someone not feeling the need to try very hard when Rosberg is their main competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You guys don't understand. This season is the cumulative effect of two years of Rosberg's #mindgames. He wanted to let Hamilton win two WDCs to lure him into a false sense of security.

• Locked thread