Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Meanwhile WWE has ignored that one person with the "Vancouver for Wrestlemania [#]" at every single Wrestlemania for the past probably 20 years, because they know they can't top Judy Bagwell.

It's more because gently caress Canada

They're never giving Canada another Mania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Yeah, they might loudly boo the main event or something.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No, it's the Judy Bagwell thing.

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
WWE Countdown was filmed in Vancouver and that is by far the greatest thing. The Ascension are still walking down the ramp to this day.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

WWE Countdown was filmed in Vancouver and that is by far the greatest thing. The Ascension are still walking down the ramp to this day.

I do like how they make it seem like it'll be Dolph Ziggler running around an arena in the middle of a show trying to find and defuse a bomb-- which, let's be honest, would be a pretty neat if stupid movie-- but instead he almost immediately leaves the arena and searches through basements in really long, unnecessary sequences.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Springboards

quote:

impactliveTNA • 10 hours ago
This is a big deal to me. Jesse Godderz knows how to legit springboard & probably the biggest man in wrestling to be able to do it. Only 80% of x-division style & Luchadors can top rope springboard & only one woman knows how to do it correctly apart from a few Joshi girls. Austin Aries, Kalisto, etc all can't springboard but Jesse Godderz at 248 Ibs can.

SPRINGBOARDS

quote:

impactliveTNA Duttanized • 10 hours ago
I never seen Chris Hero (only 225 ibs) or Austin Aries (200 ibs) do top rope but other springboards. Yes I know Punk can do it since his TNA days but he is only 218 pounds. Jesse Godderz is 250 pounds & a power man so it is pretty impressive. Kalisto does 2nd rope springboards & SC botches them. These guys been in many matches so if there is no actual footage of them doing it, they can't

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Springboards

SPRINGBOARDS
A Google search for "Kalisto springboard" immediately returns footage of Kalisto doing top-rope springboard moves.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dsriggs posted:

There's one wrestling meme I've missed for years, and it's me, Michael Tarver.

if you haven't heard his album, its a good excuse to get Apple Music. I kinda like it but I also love Ralek Gracie's album so my tastes might be bad.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

lol @ Chris Hero being 225lbs

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

lol at the idea that doing springboards is a measure of wrestling ability

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

It's better than xFIP

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

My favorite wrestler is zack sabermetrics jr

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Cena can do springboards and he can squat 600+ lbs and Cena is the greatest person alive. I don't see what's wrong with that logic.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Chris James 2 posted:

It's more because gently caress Canada

They're never giving Canada another Mania

I think it's more "They're never giving WM to anywhere but the American South"

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Petit Gregory posted:

Cena can do springboards and he can squat 600+ lbs and Cena is the greatest person alive. I don't see what's wrong with that logic.

Cena was the greatest even before he did springboards

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I know he whiffs the springboard stunner almost every time he does it and I know I should care about that but I just... I don't. I pop every time he Doesn't Get All of It

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

I know he whiffs the springboard stunner almost every time he does it and I know I should care about that but I just... I don't. I pop every time he Doesn't Get All of It

I worried every time he went for it that he was gonna misjudge the distance and gently caress up the other guys knees, so I'm glad he stopped doing it, and i bet his spine is too.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The springboard stunner is so great exactly because of how stupid and out of place it is. It's like Cena was walking out and someone told him "hey you should do dumb indie moves, starting now" and that's what his robot brain decided that meant.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Just lol if you don't think Cena springboarded out of the womb

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

afatwhiteloaf posted:

I worried every time he went for it that he was gonna misjudge the distance and gently caress up the other guys knees, so I'm glad he stopped doing it, and i bet his spine is too.

He only stopped doing it because he got hurt. Who knows if it's still in his arsenal?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

flashy_mcflash posted:

Just lol if you don't think Cena springboarded out of the womb

I like to think it was his mania 25 entrance but with babies

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

The combination of that sentence & that picture made me irrationally angry.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Other than the manly comment, there's nothing hugely awful about that top comment. Being worse than the butterfly is a taste thing I don't agree with but the Women's Championship is based on the ugly Men's Championship belt with some ugly colouring. That's still a net upgrade in the end.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Other than the manly comment, there's nothing hugely awful about that top comment. Being worse than the butterfly is a taste thing I don't agree with but the Women's Championship is based on the ugly Men's Championship belt with some ugly colouring. That's still a net upgrade in the end.

Yeah, the manly bit is pretty much the whole reason I added it. It's an ugly belt yeah, but too manly is such a weird complaint given all the people wanting the women to be taken seriously.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it looks great actually

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I don't like the design but the women's title looks way better than the men's title IMO

Bring back the big gold belt

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

(It's Moose)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Nothing is uglier than the butterfly belt, though. I'm not well-versed in the history of ugly belts, but to me the butterfly belt is only surpassed by Jeff Hardy Facepaint belt in how awful it looks.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This might be a weird opinion but they should have just made it an appropriately sized version of the Men's belt, like how all the UFC belts look the same. I kinda figured the "Giant logo" thing was sort of them being envious of the UFC belts, anyway.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Intruder posted:

I don't like the design but the women's title looks way better than the men's title IMO

Bring back the big gold belt

How's the weather in Connecticut Mr. Levesque?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

"More than one large Black man in a TV show?! Outrageous."

*Ignores TNA's roster of white guys with long hair and beards*

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Alain Post posted:

This might be a weird opinion but they should have just made it an appropriately sized version of the Men's belt, like how all the UFC belts look the same. I kinda figured the "Giant logo" thing was sort of them being envious of the UFC belts, anyway.

I think they don't bother to size down the UFC belts for lower weight classes in the UFC so Joanna has to lug around a belt the same size Werdum does for her pressers.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Alain Post posted:

I hate that all the UFC belts look the same. They should at least have the weight division on them. But no title should ever look like the crap ones they use in boxing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

I hate that all the UFC belts look the same. They should at least have the weight division on them. But no title should ever look like the crap ones they use in boxing.

I like that all champions are created equal.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Let Conor defend it for a while and we'll see how true that is.

He'll have a Cena spinner that plays Sinead O'Connor by 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Let Conor defend it for a while and we'll see how true that is.

Conor... defend...?

I know both these words but together they seem to just not compute.