Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I, wdarkk oath for the month of April four bases of Destroyers by Hawk Wargames (10mm metal) and one Screamer by same (10mm resin and metal).

This will finally get me a 100% painted army for DZC. Well, until they release something new and cool that I want to sub in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

The prizes from the paint a KR case competition are still AWOL, but I assume you're going to wait until the end of season prizes are announced so you can put it in one big email with those winners?

Zark the Damned posted:

Thanks for everything Krush and the season 6 team! Just to confirm no KR case here yet either but I'm guessing they've not had chance to send any out yet.
I'm hoping that KR will be at Salute (I'd be surprised if they're not) and will be talking to the main man there to get the nudge!

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk oath for the month of April four bases of Destroyers by Hawk Wargames (10mm metal) and one Screamer by same (10mm resin and metal).
Oath Accepted!

Lord Thrust posted:

You are a great host, sir, and I sincerely appreciate your time and efforts. This was my first year participating, and I fell off a little the past two months, but this thread has pushed me to try painting and modeling techniques I never would have tried without the context.

wdarkk posted:

This will finally get me a 100% painted army for DZC. Well, until they release something new and cool that I want to sub in.
:3 And this is the reason for the thread - to get your stuff painted! ...which reminds me that I did hardly any Oaths this year, and very little of my own stuff has been painted! Welp...I know what I have to do!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

krushgroove posted:

:3 And this is the reason for the thread - to get your stuff painted! ...which reminds me that I did hardly any Oaths this year, and very little of my own stuff has been painted! Welp...I know what I have to do!

Paint your big box of Dropfleet goodness?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Ugleb posted:

Paint your big box of Dropfleet goodness?

Sure...after I do 2 boxes of Betrayal at Calth, Vikings and animals for Saga, Bones 2, 15mm WW2 Americans, 6mm Cold War armor, couple thousand points each of Tyranids and Chaos Space Marines, Bones 1...and let's not forget Bones 3 (Tiamat!!!) and the extra dark ages stuff I'm planning to get at Salute?

oh and Zombicide, Black Plague and Blood Rage sets...gah! I need to retire so I can have time to paint all my stuff.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

krushgroove posted:

I'm hoping that KR will be at Salute (I'd be surprised if they're not) and will be talking to the main man there to get the nudge!

Then I salute all your good work for the thread :tipshat:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

GoodBee posted:

Thank you for this announcement. I started reading this thread a couple days ago and I'd like to get in on Season 7 as motivation to ramp up my painting.

How big a monster are we talking about here? I've got some 50mm based WMH Heavy Warbeasts that I can clean, assemble and gap-fill but if I need to go bigger for the Challenge, then there are some pretty sexy Battle Engines/Gargantuans (120 mm base) I don't own yet that I do intend to buy at some point.

I'm happy with either option except the Hydra I really want doesn't have a release date.

I'd say most WMH Heavy Warbeasts satisfy the 'larger than an Ogre' clause, though a Gargantuan would be awesome too :)

TBH I'm going to be pretty forgiving with the requirements as the goal is to get people painting!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, do oath one Ten Thunders Brother! This is for Malifaux's Ten Thunders faction, by Wyrd Games!

I need to double check their fluff when I get home, but I think this is also gonna count for the jurnal

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren: December Oath :siren

3rd Place: Ledgem, 1pt

I've seen this model many times unpainted or half-painted, so to see a fully-painted one is a treasure in and of itself. The pink flesh looks unpleasant (which is a good thing!), and the purple offers a nice contrast to the rest of the model. I'd love to see it with better lighting, though!

2nd Place: Gareth Gobulcoque, 2pts

The blending on the skirt is stunning, and your skin tone is excellent as well. The wings leave something to be desired, but I'm assuming that's more the work of the model itself rather than your own painting skills.

1st Place: Germ, 3pts

I continue to be amazed at how well you blend tones together, and how easily recognizable a style you have. There's a kind of cell-shaded, cartoonish, paintery style to all your work that is wonderful to look at. You've managed to make a simple and somewhat overused color scheme pop and look unique.

Bonus Point: Dr. Gargunza

I've eyed this model for a while and I'm glad someone here has painted him. He oozes character. You also did great with the white, which is a tricky color in and of itself!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

Save Da Whales: I assume Leperflesh is still OK to continue this under the same rules he's been using?

Yes!

Also, Everyone: Krushgroove is very modest and just sort of makes prizes happen (sometimes belatedly, but he does make them happen) so a lot of people may not realize this:

Our beloved thread overlord spends several hundred pounds a year just on postage. A couple of other goons sending out prizes in other countries also drop a lot of their personal cash on postage, but Krush's expenditures are the highest. He does this without complaint or even comment, just because he loves doing this thread and supporting the contest.

So on behalf of the whole thread, I'd like to extend thanks and gratitude to you, Krushgroove, not only for your time and efforts on the contest but also for your substantial financial contributions. This is a costly project and we recognize and appreciate what you're doing.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, you're a cool guy Krushgroove. These threads really helps me improve and keep motivated. I'll buy you a beer if you ever go to Denmark and decide to go outside Copenhagen.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I, UROBOROS, oath 1 Land Speeder.

In addition.

I would like to add the following to the prize pool.

Anarchy models stencils.

two Journeyman Bot Handlers from the game Emperium's Edge.

A tank of some sort from the game...TANKS.

Some sort of saloon gal with a gun from the Wild West game Knuckleduster.

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 7, 2016

Germ
May 7, 2013

Slimnoid posted:

1st Place: Germ, 3pts

I continue to be amazed at how well you blend tones together, and how easily recognizable a style you have. There's a kind of cell-shaded, cartoonish, paintery style to all your work that is wonderful to look at. You've managed to make a simple and somewhat overused color scheme pop and look unique.

Thanks a million! That Lynx is probablly the model that I'm most proud to have painted over the past several years. It was really fun to paint, and all of those wide-open spaces really made me focus on trying to get smooth blends. I've come to the point where I've embraced, and stopped apologizing for, my "painterly" style. It's developed naturally over the years, and I've decided to accept it rather than try and paint like other folks I admire. I wish I had painted more this Oath season (I had hoped to finish my Corsair army), but work had me running in circles.

Thanks again for the kind words (and points!).

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, do oath one Ten Thunders Brother! This is for Malifaux's Ten Thunders faction, by Wyrd Games!

Uroboros posted:

I, UROBOROS, oath 1 Land Speeder.
Oaths Accepted!

Leperflesh posted:

Also, Everyone:

Electric Hobo posted:

Yeah, you're a cool guy Krushgroove.
You guys are really too kind...I was going to demur and say 'well, actually I don't spend hundreds of pounds' but I remember last May my other half went to the Post Office to send out all the packets and it was over 100 GBP to send everything out - but that was with tracked/signed delivery for everyone. Which is why this time around I had to clearly state that unless someone really insists, everything is going out untracked budget delivery this time around (sorry).

I was also told I should stop spending my own money on this, which is fair enough, but I do get a lot back out of it so I don't mind...until one adds up the postage, at least - and this time around I've got big boxes of MDF terrain to send out, so that'll be fun! There are plenty of participants that are happy to get prizes at the end of the oathing season, which helps out a ton, it really does. We also have many goons who have shared their generosity by either paying for postage to themselves or to other goons, so that's super awesome, but I haven't felt the need to ask for any donations recently (and I really appreciate that I haven't had any problems come from asking previously). I suppose I should add that if anyone does want to help that I can't stop you and it would be appreciated for sure, but generally I'm OK.

I'd be remiss if I didn't remind everyone that we have many people who have donated hundreds of $/£ worth of models from all sorts of ranges to the Grab Bag, on top of that Iris of Ether happily sends things to US goons from the US Grab Bag and prize sponsors such as Leperflesh, Zark and many others that do the one-shot contests during the oath season pay for their own shipping, as well, plus providing prizes in terms of fantastic models or store vouchers. I believe Germ sent some of his resin terrain last time around to someone in Australia, and that stuff weighs a ton! So there's lots of generosity and goodwill going around here :) I'm just happy to be able to help facilitate it and help encourage people to paint!

Uroboros posted:

In addition.

I would like to add the following to the prize pool.
This is awesome! Thanks very much, some fresh meat for the Grab Bags! Are you in the US or UK/EU? Iris of Ether is still handling the US Grab Bag and I'm doing the UK/EU Grab Bag - but you're welcome to send the gifts out yourself if you want, too. Drop me an email at krushgroove169@gmail.com and we'll talk :) The same goes for anyone that wants to donate new or old kits.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Germ posted:

Thanks a million! That Lynx is probablly the model that I'm most proud to have painted over the past several years. It was really fun to paint, and all of those wide-open spaces really made me focus on trying to get smooth blends. I've come to the point where I've embraced, and stopped apologizing for, my "painterly" style. It's developed naturally over the years, and I've decided to accept it rather than try and paint like other folks I admire. I wish I had painted more this Oath season (I had hoped to finish my Corsair army), but work had me running in circles.

Thanks again for the kind words (and points!).

Dude, even within your own awesome distinctive style you've still improved. Those eldar vehicles are flat impressive at all levels. It's color and composition and texture and movement that matter not how realistic it looks.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for April 2016:
1 Bard from Mantic, 28mm
6 Battlemasters Halberdiers from MB (Citadel?) 28mm
7 Treasure Chests from Ristul's Market, 28mm
10 Goliath Gangers from GW, 28mm

Possibly more later once these get done.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, in the final month of season 6, hereby oath to paint

• 13 Goblins by Mantic (28mm)
  • 1 keg with stands, 2 barrels, 3 crates, a small fire, and a palisade by 3T Studios (28mm) (also they're Hirst Arts moulds but cast for me by Goon terrain god A Mean Cow)

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

krushgroove posted:

Oaths Accepted!

You guys are really too kind...I was going to demur and say 'well, actually I don't spend hundreds of pounds' but I remember last May my other half went to the Post Office to send out all the packets and it was over 100 GBP to send everything out - but that was with tracked/signed delivery for everyone. Which is why this time around I had to clearly state that unless someone really insists, everything is going out untracked budget delivery this time around (sorry).

I was also told I should stop spending my own money on this, which is fair enough, but I do get a lot back out of it so I don't mind...until one adds up the postage, at least - and this time around I've got big boxes of MDF terrain to send out, so that'll be fun! There are plenty of participants that are happy to get prizes at the end of the oathing season, which helps out a ton, it really does. We also have many goons who have shared their generosity by either paying for postage to themselves or to other goons, so that's super awesome, but I haven't felt the need to ask for any donations recently (and I really appreciate that I haven't had any problems come from asking previously). I suppose I should add that if anyone does want to help that I can't stop you and it would be appreciated for sure, but generally I'm OK.

I'd be remiss if I didn't remind everyone that we have many people who have donated hundreds of $/£ worth of models from all sorts of ranges to the Grab Bag, on top of that Iris of Ether happily sends things to US goons from the US Grab Bag and prize sponsors such as Leperflesh, Zark and many others that do the one-shot contests during the oath season pay for their own shipping, as well, plus providing prizes in terms of fantastic models or store vouchers. I believe Germ sent some of his resin terrain last time around to someone in Australia, and that stuff weighs a ton! So there's lots of generosity and goodwill going around here :) I'm just happy to be able to help facilitate it and help encourage people to paint!

This is awesome! Thanks very much, some fresh meat for the Grab Bags! Are you in the US or UK/EU? Iris of Ether is still handling the US Grab Bag and I'm doing the UK/EU Grab Bag - but you're welcome to send the gifts out yourself if you want, too. Drop me an email at krushgroove169@gmail.com and we'll talk :) The same goes for anyone that wants to donate new or old kits.

I don't know what the latest in internet donation technology is godfundme? paypal? but I'd be happy to put in for the end-of-season-postathon.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for April 2016:
1 Bard from Mantic, 28mm
6 Battlemasters Halberdiers from MB (Citadel?) 28mm
7 Treasure Chests from Ristul's Market, 28mm
10 Goliath Gangers from GW, 28mm

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, in the final month of season 6, hereby oath to paint

• 13 Goblins by Mantic (28mm)
  • 1 keg with stands, 2 barrels, 3 crates, a small fire, and a palisade by 3T Studios (28mm) (also they're Hirst Arts moulds but cast for me by Goon terrain god A Mean Cow)
Oaths Accepted!

TTerrible posted:

I don't know what the latest in internet donation technology is godfundme? paypal? but I'd be happy to put in for the end-of-season-postathon.

While it would be fun to get money from the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I take paypal :P drop me an email at krushgroove169@gmail.com (which is not my paypal address, please no one send any funds to that email)

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

krushgroove posted:

While it would be fun to get money from the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I take paypal :P drop me an email at krushgroove169@gmail.com (which is not my paypal address, please no one send any funds to that email)

Not a typo. I only transfer funds via celestial intent.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath to paint two tables, four treasure chests, and four barrels for Mantic's Dungeon Saga game, in 28mm

My theme challenge will be the treasure chests, which are presumably stuffed with gold pieces, among other things.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I oath this G1A Starfighter from Fantasy Flight Games in 1:270 scale

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
oath addition! one blood bowl team display base made by me from experimenting with a laser cutter.

nesbit37 posted:

oath addition! going faster than I thought so now oathing a 21 figure chaos dwarf bloodbowl team (28mm, meiko miniatures and Hungry Troll Miniatures)!

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
I, glitchkrieg, oath for the month of April: 1 Dark Elf Crossbowman (GW 32mm), 1 Gnasher Squig (GW 32mm), One-Side Football Base (Fanath Art). Also pictured the base for my last oath.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I JackMack, do solemnly oath for the month of April. Three Copplestone scavenger tank hunters and a GW Catachan Missile launcher team (as two models).

Funnily enough the paint rack in the background was purchased from TRollTrader.

I have lurked her for ages and finally have plucked up the courage to oath. I want to paint a big militia army and as such this will be good incentive. I plan to increase the numbers per month as I get in the swing of things.

Zark the Damned, I was also clearing some stuff today and found the radar dish from the whirlwind I gave you. If you would like it PM me I will post it over.

JackMack fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 10, 2016

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I, Indolent Bastard, Oath 6 treasure markers I made myself and 1 each Games Workshop Citizens Of The Empire Merchant & Scribe 28mm

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, GARETH GOBULCOQUE, DO OATH A BARD OF ALAHAN FROM RACKHAM FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I, Arson Fire, oath to paint a Genestealer Cult Patriarch in the month of April (GW, 28mm)

Incidentally, it's looking kinda warm in Pago Pago right now.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to use the rest of April to get a bunch of un-oathable models done, so I guess this is the end of the season for me!

Oath complete!
The photos of the marble are linked to a big version.

I did the technical challenge by trying to make scale approiate marble for the first time ever.

And now, All for One!:

May: 5 sci-fi marines and 1 Blackhawk Walker. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=142632#post445823896
June: 4 Goblin Witchers, 4 Harpies and 3 Shifting Stones. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=142632#post447083327
July: 2 Arachyura, 1 Space-ork. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=142632#post448305089
August: 1 rogue, 2 homemade walls/streets, 6 giant rats, 2 spiders, 1 Well of Chaos and 3 treasures. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=142632#post449308984
September: 7 Frostgrave soldiers. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=142632#post450757334
October: 3 Frostgrave soldiers, 1 ghost, 1 Kelt Musician and 1 Kelt Standard Bearer. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=142632#post451763722
November: 4 Frostgrave soldiers, 2 wizards. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=142632#post452986260
December: 1 Marauder Commando Captain. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=142632#post454097643
January: 1 Frostgrave Cultist, 1 Chovar Psychic and 1 old-school Bloodletter. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=142632#post455459120
February: 1 Goblin Ninja. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=142632#post456140251
March: 1 Alakhai Ascendant and 1 Roganna the Shade. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=142632&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post457592407
April: 1 homemade ruin. This post.

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 15, 2016

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Grey Hunter posted:

With a baby due any day now, I'm keeping this sane for this month.

I hearby Oath the following -
Three Martian Tripods (2 Scout, one converted Slaver) and 1 US command tank - 15mm by the now defunct Alien Dungeon.
Ten 6mm Bunkers by Levan Miniatures.

I may oath more as we go, but I'm going for small and sane.

Oath Addition

Its going well, so lets get a sneaky couple of tanks in -
1 Churchill MKIV, 15mm by Plastic Solider Company
1 Panzer MKIV, 15mm by Battlefront.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I Oath, for the Month of April, 10 chests and 5 mimics, all from Super Dungeon Explore by Soda Pop
Mostly for the Jurnal :-)

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Oath complete! I still have painting to do this month but what I am working on is unothable so lets get this giant post going! Claiming technical and/or theme challenge for the happy counting time ogre and the display base for blood bowl I made with a laser cutter and some basing and such that I haven't tried doing before. Also claiming all for one! and the master perk for oathing all 12 months this year. More word content below with the pictures...

First up is the happy counting time ogre who needs an explanation. There is a dungeon I ran my players through once and when they burst into the room there were 3 ogres sitting there with copper coins all in a row and no explanation. Before the players could do much besides notice the scene one of the ogres roared "HOW DARE YOU INTERRUPT HAPPY COUNTING TIME!" and then attacked. The players really enjoyed it and its been a running gag in the dungeon with happy counting time cropping up once in a while. I figure maybe they are ogre accountants, or just like counting, money, I dunno but I figure it meets the money theme for April.

12 Black Numenorian Chariots

Chaos dwarf blood bowl team and display base with their symbol for the Black Fortress Bombers airbrushed onto it

everyone for the month

And now the fun one, all for one! One caveat and this picture is everything I have painted this year, not just oathed, though there is very little I painted that I didn't oath (mainly 2 blood bowl teams and dropzone commander infantry). Totals, counting horse and rider as separate models, are:
874 10mm miniatures for Lord of the Rings
70 Blood Bowl Miniatures
172 Dropzone Commander models
12 28mm fantasy miniatures
8 horror miniatures
4 battle star galactica miniatures
Total: 1154 miniatures painted between May 1 2015 and April 16 2016

Thanks oath thread! Its been great, and I really improved my quality and speed this year. I want to set a goal for next year of by this time in 2017 having improved enough to have something I am not ashamed to enter into a painting competion. So in other words, if this year was improving speed without losing quality I want next to be an improvement in quality as a main goal. Also, I didn't really reduce my backlog much. Of the models I painted, only about 5% were some I took from my lead/resin/plastic mountain. The rest I all bought over the past year. 5% is still progress though, right?

Oaths for the year:

nesbit37 posted:

Oath complete!
The gnomish Mage guy is for the May technical jurnal. I wanted to do a better job with him but tonight was probably going to be the last night I could paint this month so I had to start and finish him up at a tabletop quality.

The shields and banners are a little bland because I have some transfers for them I am going to apply at some point.

nesbit37 posted:

Oath complete!

My oath addition hasn't been officially accepted so if that part is invalidated its fine, but if not claiming technical jurnal.

nesbit37 posted:

oath complete! done with these 5 10mm dragons of Middle Earth. I am claiming the July technical challenge and i rolled a 6! For the lotr objective marker. I am claiming Box art for the the red dragon (not smaug).

This guy goes with this box art from the dark sword product page on it:

http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/shop/index.php/miniatures/visions-in-fantasy/red-dragon.html

This guy I painted after a male austrailian water dragon:

nesbit37 posted:

August oath complete! I am claiming both the technical and theme August jurnal challenge (I know you only get points for 1 but I did both, so take your pick for judging), backstory, and the spring cleaning achievements.

Below is the warrior ent Blackened Twig
In the very first battle this ent fought in he quickly found one of his arms ablaze. This frightened all of the ents, but rather than panic and immediately seek water or burn the tree creature fought on. It pummeled the day's foes with burning limbs, losing many branches and leaves to the blaze on its body but winning the day. The battle won the ent the nickname of Blackened Twig, and now it before engaging foes it purposely ignites itself to cause fear and greater damage to its enemies. The other ents think Blackened Twig is reckless and somewhat crazy, though its methods are certainly effective even if the tree seems to heal more slowly and regain fewer of its leaves after every battle.

For spring cleaning, I present my workstation before:

and after...

nesbit37 posted:

Oath Complete! Claiming this month's jurnal for the Battlestar Galactica ships. Those ships are the first minis I have painted 100% with an airbrush. Pretty happy with the basestars and ressurection ship, not so much the Pegasus.

nesbit37 posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming jurnal for the spooky spiders, bats and army of the dead!

Terrifying bat swarms

Blood sucking spiders!

Terrifying ghosts of army of the dead (made these from left over pieces of miscasts)

Easterling Cataphracts to (maybe) chase them all away

Group shot

nesbit37 posted:

Oath for November complete! Claiming jurnal for the birch tree ent with fall leaves and the Bugbear Squash Squad.

First up this month is a Birch Tree Ent wandering around in the fall season.

Next up is the Bugbear Squash Squad. Many creatures beyond the more civilized races also celebrate the fall harvest. The Bugbear is no different. Long ago they learned that the fall was a great time to send out squash squads to collect farmers as they labored. The Bugbear Squash Squads venture out to the fields in leather armor adorned to resemble squashes. Yellow studded greaves, lamellar adorned with gourds, and images of fall squashes on their shields. They rush out yelling "Squash!" as they beat them into jelly with their maces and clubs, and one with a sharp implement for skinning when necessary. Here the Bugbears make all of the Human Jam, Halfling Jelly and Elven Marmalade they need to sustain themselves through the cold season ahead.

Rohan spear and arrow units!

Everyone for the month in a group shot:

nesbit37 posted:

December oath complete! Claiming the technical jurnal challenge since almost everything here was done with a red pallet and theme for the month. I know its early but I am only going to be around another weekish until its off to Wisconsin for the holidays and the rest of December.

I am very happy with how the Type V Demon came out. Looks even better in person. First time painting zombies and I am more or less happy with them. At about the quality level I was trying to achieve with them.

Group shot!

nesbit37 posted:

Oath Complete! I am claiming the technical challenge jurnal for the white Neptures, LordAba's retro challenge for the 1980 beholder, and the speed paint challenge for the beholder.

Hey guys!

PHR Neptunes in flight with some walkers and treded vehicles attached. (note the yellow and brown neptunes were not part of the oath, I did them as a color test for the other PHR models I painted this month and just stuck them in the picture)

PHR walkers and other ground vehicles

Queen Beruthial and some of her cat spies. N Scale cats are super super super tiny.

A hoard of Black Numenorians!

Everyone for the month together.

nesbit37 posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming both technical and theme challenge though obviously only one applies. The zombie covered in blood and the leaping Medusa are most of it, though technically I suppose any of the flying transports for the Scourge could count. I forgot to take a solo picture of Micheline Tendress so she is in the group shot with the Blood Bowl Amazon team I didn't oath for the month but painted anyway. She is just the giant female ogre and the little goblin running for her, so sorry for any confusion for the judges.

Just the ogre and goblin in this one

Just the ogre and goblin in this one

Some ate his Valentines heart and needs a napkin or two

For some reason the purple isn't showing but that's ok

I must admit that I am a little embarressed to have painted up the Sister Sledgehammers being cheesecake dwarves, but something about the fact they were originally made without beards spoke to me, and I just had to sculpt beards on some of them and fix the error:

Everyone done for the month in one shot

nesbit37 posted:

Oath complete! I am going to claim the March theme jurnal challenge for the Spider Queen who is protecting all of her little spring batch of spiderlings so they can grow into great big spiders just like her!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

You should probably see a doctor if your leg is bent, the hot water trick only works on plastic

Now you tell me :haw:

Oath addition - Five more figures. Three treasure chests and one dwarf Rordin, 28mm Mantic, one Reaper Bones Mimic, also 28mm.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I, JackMann, Oath for the month of April, one Crazy Pete, Prospector

Also, I appear to be missing my Jurnal point for the green growth theme for March.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I, grassy gnoll, oath 3 Ariadna grunts, from Infinity, 25mm by Corvus Belli

Getting back on the wagon. March was too hectic to do anything, and while April is going to be calmer, I also have to compete with Dark Souls. So we'll see how this goes!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

JackMann posted:

Also, I appear to be missing my Jurnal point for the green growth theme for March.

It was missed 'cause you didn't claim it, bub ;)

JackMann posted:

Oath Complete

The camera washed out the colors a bit, but I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Zark the Damned posted:

It was missed 'cause you didn't claim it, bub ;)

Oh. Well, that'd do it!

Germ
May 7, 2013

All of these All for One! posts are incredible! I love them.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Oath complete!

Claiming the jurnal point both on the basis that Crazy Pete here just done struck it rich and because it's the first time I've really tried out freehand to get a fabric texture. Didn't turn out quite as awesomely as I'd hoped, but still, good to try new things.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!:proof:

Technical journal is the rusty armor on the orc. I used some weathering techniques I haven't had much practice with. I was also going to practice how to paint things to look ethereal, but then I decided my spirit hosts should look like shadows.

And here's All for One! groupshot. It does feel good seeing how much I've gotten done in a year, especially since that picture doesn't contain the occasional color scheme tests, palette cleansers and other quick one-offs I do occasionally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Oath Complete
Claiming the technical challenge of using a Dremel to grind away a poo poo ton of pewter on the SoB Repentia Engine pilot.

• Locked thread