Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's only 400 yen for the JoJolion volumes. That's $3.67 right now.
The JoJonium I have was 1524 yen, which is $13.99.

So basically, they're super cheap but they also don't need translators or redrawers, so they don't always need extra work like a translated volume would.

So I think the prices we pay in the West is fair. I've paid the equivalent for my english JoJonium volumes for all of them so far, give or take. ~£9.80.

I'd bet they have DVRs but I'd be surprised if they didn't just download raws anyway if they want to keep a show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

There's that atleast. Manga is relatively cheap to own. Do name DVDs get discounted like crazy or something? That's just insane.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JoJoNIUM-1-17-Japanese-Hirohiko-Araki/dp/B00ZZAMRUG/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1460720037&sr=8-15&keywords=jojonium

Good luck with that listing, buddy...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Those look loving disgusting

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They have the art you see on the English version hardcovers under the green, red and blue dust jackets but yeah, pretty gaudy.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

someone will buy that

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Probably, even though you can get them for way less than £710.

There's also a 700,000 yen Giorno Seiko watch with the stand arrow as the hour hand on Amazon.jp

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Then it's the MAGIC 39

but they supposedly said that nothing is being cut and the pacing is similar to SDC, so 39 isn't close to enough for DiU

I really loving hope they don't go back to SC pacing. Last episode was great with how little time was wasted. If they had strung it out over two episodes it wouldn't have been nearly as good. My favorite part of the episode was when they were waiting for Angelo to strike. I can't remember exactly how it was in the manga but you really got a sense that they had been waiting and nothing much was happening, and you were caught off guard by the realisation that he was making his move. All in the space of 10 seconds or so. That and the two scene transitions that skipped forward in time without you immediately realising. It was just a little thing but it really stood out to me how efficient they were being.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

SDC's pacing was fine. i don't see how it's feasible to adapt Part 4 well with 9 fewer episodes when the manga is 16% longer

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Episode ends as Josuke confronts Keicho and Jotaro talks about getting the bow before another The World is made

Partly into Niji Bros chapter 3, about half way through it.

There's 10 chapters in Nijimura bros. I have no idea how they'll get it all into 39 eps at this rate so there's probably more to it all than meets the eye so far.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 15, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't see any reason to believe they cannot fit all of DiU into 39 episodes

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

They shouldn't have to rush the superior part while SDC gets extra airtime.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baal posted:

I don't see any reason to believe they cannot fit all of DiU into 39 episodes

Rodyle posted:

They shouldn't have to rush the superior part while SDC gets extra airtime.

Precisely that.

SDC was stretched but it wasn't stretched to the point where it was probably 10 episodes longer than it should have been. DiU is longer with less eps.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
It's going around that the first bluray is gonna have a Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan OVA on it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nah, it's a buy all 13 Blurays gift.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You are worrying for the sake of worrying and this is coming from someone who is generally very negative on stuff that catches me even a little with adaptations to this series. It is not difficult to make Part 4 into 39 episodes, there's so many loving menial fights and events that just happen and don't string the narrative along in any important way throughout the whole part. It can all be condensed very easily into that amount of episodes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You'll be worrying BAAL

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like I'd be more concerned with Part 5 and if they're going to go balls in on extra episodes like they did with SDC considering how popular that is.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Baal posted:

there's so many loving menial fights and events that just happen and don't string the narrative along in any important way throughout the whole part.

yeah but unlike in SDC these are actually cool

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah and they will be there and be paced well like the Angelo fight was, so why the gently caress are you popping into the thread solely to mope and bitch at nothing

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've already tied the noose so I can go to Duwang bye cruel world

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rip Aurain

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They kicked me out of duwang :(

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Baal posted:

Yeah and they will be there and be paced well like the Angelo fight was, so why the gently caress are you popping into the thread solely to mope and bitch at nothing

that's not a thing that I did so

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You'll have to excuse me you barely post in this thread and the one time you do it's to bitch and mope about them rushing so I mistook that for bitching and moping

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I am worried that this adaption will not be as cool as it possibly can be if it's only 39 episodes, but I have no rock solid reasons for why I feel that way and instead it is a dull anxiety that bothers me every time it's brought up.

C'est la vie

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2MZQsx-Onk

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

Moltrey posted:

I am worried that this adaption will not be as cool as it possibly can be if it's only 39 episodes, but I have no rock solid reasons for why I feel that way and instead it is a dull anxiety that bothers me every time it's brought up.

C'est la vie
David has been knocking it out of the park so far (including with this episode, oh my god) and there are lots of little arcs that they could totally compress without losing anything. Off the top of my head, I Found Something Dangerous, Let's Go Hunting, Atom Heart Father, RPS Kid, and Enigma Boy are all great but also do-able in a single episode, episode and a half tops. At worst, they might skip over some subtleties and then we all get to yell at people to read the manga. I say this as someone who is quite obviously obsessed with part 4, too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The machine gun sounds in Keicho's theme though.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

The machine gun sounds in Keicho's theme though.
Somehow I didn't notice this. Between that and the creative reuse of SFX and the transitions and everything can I just preorder the whole English BD release already? Now? Immediately?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Really, a lot of the fights and events are realistically just one episode affairs anyway. The amount that really need to be multi-parters is a lot smaller than what we got with SDC. As cool as a lot of things are, they're not really long in practice and so as much of a shame as it would be to see Rohan Kishibe's Bizarre Adventure only be one episode it doesn't have enough content to fill beyond that.

I'm just curious on how they're going to pace the Kawajiri segments. Stray Cat's clearly going to be its own episode, but it's the other segments I'm thinking of here.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

when my friends go to Japan, what kinds of JoJo things can I make them buy me

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Supposed bluray first print bonuses.

Vol. 1 (Out June 22nd): Episode 1`s storyboard & the TSKR buy all volumes and get the OVA ticket.
Vol. 2 (Out July 27th): OST 1
Vol. 3 (Out August 24th): DiU Commentary Booklet Vol.1
Vol. 4 (Out September 28th): Special Mini Movie: "Let`s go and eat some Italian food!"
Vol. 5 (Out October 26th): Cour 1 Artwork
Vol. 6 (Out November 23rd): Drama CD Vol. 1
Vol. 7 (Out December 21st): OST 2
Vol. 8 (Out January 25th 2017): DiU Commentary Booklet Vol. 2
Vol. 9 (Out February 22nd): Cour 2 Artwork
Vol. 10 (Out March 29th): A big Map of Morioucho
Vol. 11 (Out April 26th): Drama CD Vol. 2
Vol. 12 (Out May 24th): DiU Commentary Booklet Vol. 3
Vol. 13 (Out June 28th): Cour 3 Artwork

"Vol. 4 (Out September 28th): Special Mini Movie: "Let`s go and eat some Italian food!""

This better just be the voice actors going and eating food or I will die

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
if Lets Eat Italian Food isn't its own episode I'm gonna lose it

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
"Mini movie" certainly means they turned it into a 1-hour special because they couldn't do it enough justice in a short tv episode

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://jojo-animation.com/bddvd/04.html

It's listed on here. It says, via google translate, really going to eat Italian Food.

I hope it's Yuki Ono and Wataru Takagi eating italian food dressed as the boys

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

http://jojo-animation.com/bddvd/04.html

It's listed on here. It says, via google translate, really going to eat Italian Food.

Yeah, that does in fact mean they'll actually go eat Italian.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I can't watch the episode yet so I've been spending my time reading all of Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe and those are all dumb and fun and neat and you should read them

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The ED does have a definitive JJL reference, which is super neat.

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Morioh_(Part_8)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I could not have asked for a better episode today, everything was perfect