Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Oooh. I hope it gets translated. But I find it unlikely...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

What? Bunnys Must Die? That's been on Steam for years in English.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Saoshyant posted:

What? Bunnys Must Die? That's been on Steam for years in English.

Some people use translated/localized interchangeably. Maybe they hope the Vita version specifically gets localized.

On another note: What was that one samurai rougelike game that got released for Vita recently? Like, it was a big deal that it was being localized because the US hasn't seen a game from the series since the SNES or something? I hope this was a good enough description that someone knows what the gently caress I'm talking about.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Shiren the Wanderer? It's a pretty cool series. If you are curious about it you should be able to find the DS game relatively cheap. That's the only entry available in the West to date, AFAIK.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Saoshyant posted:

Shiren the Wanderer? It's a pretty cool series. If you are curious about it you should be able to find the DS game relatively cheap. That's the only entry available in the West to date, AFAIK.

That was it! Thanks!

I remember reading about a Vita game for it, and thought it got localized already, but it's not. It's out July 26th.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Yeah, which is why, if you are hurting for a good, portable roguelike right now, you should get the older game on the DS/3DS.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Stelas posted:

Divachat: The lack of songs and the lack of story PVs is kind of sad but they were made up for by doing a live, where you get to pick three songs in sequence, because suddenly you have slightly different versions - the intro and the bridges are altered, along with the dance cam. It's pretty cool.

I don't mind the lack of songs as IMO DIVA X has a really well rounded set list with very few clunkers but the lack of music video style presentation for some of these songs is a real killer. I'd love to see story presentations of songs like Slow Motion, Urotander, or Raspberry Monster and it kind of disappoints me that I'll have to wait until the next game hopefully for a shot at that. I mean I didn't really need one for stuff like Ai Dee or Love Song but come on I wanted to see Miku's fever induced existential crisis! Unrelated but good call Sega on having an entire Mitchie M medley.

Bad call on the whole crystals thing, oh and having the vocaloids get super needy every so often and demand a gift from you. I'm sorry Len I'm bad at Japanese I don't know what kind of thing you want oh no your heart gauge!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

so now I've gotten my big bonus I'm probably going to get myself a Vita soon, get myself Muramasa and a Tactics game to start. Thing is, my Vita memory card is still in my old PS TV thingie with my bro. Does the Vita at least have enough internal memory at all to hold one digital game like FF Tactics plus save files?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

FFT PS1, definitely.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
What is the definitive version of FFT anyways?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Slur posted:

What is the definitive version of FFT anyways?

FFT:WotL on iOS and Android. It has all the WotL stuff and fixes the frame rate.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I have more dumb questions.

1) If I'm just using the internal memory for physical games til I get the memory card next week, I can just put all my poo poo on the cloud and then redownload it to the memory card later, correct?

2) Is there anything I should know about different models? I know there's the regular and the slim or something but not certain if I should go for a specific model.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

MinibarMatchman posted:

I have more dumb questions.

1) If I'm just using the internal memory for physical games til I get the memory card next week, I can just put all my poo poo on the cloud and then redownload it to the memory card later, correct?

2) Is there anything I should know about different models? I know there's the regular and the slim or something but not certain if I should go for a specific model.

1.) When you insert the memory card, the system will let you move everything from internal storage to the card.

2.) Regular (OLED) models have a noticeably nicer looking screen. Slim is... well, slimmer and lighter.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Saoshyant posted:

shiren wii

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Just ordered the vita with Muramasa and Tactics Ogre, very excited for my nippon machine to arrive this weekend

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

MisterAlex posted:

1.) When you insert the memory card, the system will let you move everything from internal storage to the card.

2.) Regular (OLED) models have a noticeably nicer looking screen. Slim is... well, slimmer and lighter.

Slim also has better battery life and a non-proprietary cable port.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Takoluka posted:

Slim also has better battery life and a non-proprietary cable port.

Oh, nice. I didn't know it had a standard port. That's pretty nifty.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

MisterAlex posted:

Oh, nice. I didn't know it had a standard port. That's pretty nifty.

Yeah, the Vita 2000 uses a standard micro-USB cable, whereas the 1000 uses whatever the hell their connection is supposed to be. It's incredibly convenient.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I used the Samsung quick charger that came with my phone to fully charged my Vita a couple of times. It's convenient because you go from no battery to full in a hurry, but I'm wondering if it's loving my battery in the long run. No problems yet.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Now I want to buy an extra Vita cable so I can open up the Vita end and wire a female microUSB port to it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

Just ordered the vita with Muramasa and Tactics Ogre, very excited for my nippon machine to arrive this weekend

Wait, you ordered Tactics Ogre? You mean you bought it on PSN, right?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RanKizama posted:

I used the Samsung quick charger that came with my phone to fully charged my Vita a couple of times. It's convenient because you go from no battery to full in a hurry, but I'm wondering if it's loving my battery in the long run. No problems yet.

It most definitely is, probably in the same way that using them on DS4s are a great way to make sure they eventually last for about 30 minutes.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Phantasium posted:

Wait, you ordered Tactics Ogre? You mean you bought it on PSN, right?

Oh boy, totally did not realize PSP games need to be bought digitally. Thanks, cancelled the order on that! I doubt I can install a game like that on the paltry 800mb or so the Vita, though. Will have to wait to pick up the memory card.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Tactics Ogre takes 1.1 GB of space.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
NPD numbers are out. Senran Kagura Estival Versus Vita version sold less than Senran Kagura 2 Deep Crimson on 3DS. More on PS4.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/720982112036331520
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/721053308274745344

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ray Giant (English version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vleNPu6Evu0

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Have they talked at all about when diva x is coming out here yet?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Fall 2016 in NA. No European release planned, thanks Atlus!

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I just ordered IA/VT to tide me over until Project Diva X comes out.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I'm glad to live in a privileged country that gets all the Miku games.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Dehry posted:

NPD numbers are out. Senran Kagura Estival Versus Vita version sold less than Senran Kagura 2 Deep Crimson on 3DS. More on PS4.
Disappointing for the Vita, but expected. Most people that have a Vita also have a PS4 and SK fans overwhelmingly opted for the PS4 versions for all the extra features and performance. Ah well.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Wow, cleared Risk of Rain on the first go. Was expecting quite a bit more deaths. Then again I wasn't on the hardest difficulty. I should change that.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

InfinityComplex posted:

Wow, cleared Risk of Rain on the first go. Was expecting quite a bit more deaths. Then again I wasn't on the hardest difficulty. I should change that.
Same here. Had played it maybe 4 times before on PC, decided to give it a try on the train today, and unintentionally ended up with this on my first run, while feeling challenged and pressured the whole time:

The game's a hell of a trip. Gameplay for those who're unclear on what it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zh30kl6nwY&t=198s

(yes, i'm linking to the PC version, but aside from having less options in the options menu, and not suffering from slowdown, it works identically)

There's also coop you can play with random internet people (and i had a dude join my hosted game basically immediately) or friends on the internet, or ad-hoc with friends irl (haha).

Just one warning: This game requires a ton of button tapping.

Unrelated:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I just won a free copy of the Koei-Tecmo lesbian anime JRPG on Twitter. Today is a good day. Time to finish my EV platinum trophy so I can focus.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

RanKizama posted:

I just won a free copy of the Koei-Tecmo lesbian anime JRPG on Twitter. Today is a good day. Time to finish my EV platinum trophy so I can focus.

That's most of their games innit

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Saoshyant posted:

The Wii one came out in English, too. I never played it but I adored the DS one.

Oh, also Shiren 2 for Super Famicom has a translation patch.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Shiren Wii has lots of small dungeons and a world map so it is a lot easier than the original

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

corn in the bible posted:

That's most of their games innit
Only the fighting and volleyball games I think.

Other people also bought other tiddy games.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

ayukawa posted:

Other thought, has any one else experienced high battery drain when playing SAO:LS ?
Even plugged in, it seems to drain my Vita Battery in about 11 hours.

Reminded of that, maybe it's related to the battery drain bug that affected some people a while back? What was the fix for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Saoshyant posted:

Tactics Ogre takes 1.1 GB of space.

Worth it, I think. I burned a lot of hours on that game.