Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

No Luck Needed posted:

Twaila Twelvetoes

Ah cool, I was Topsy. Good to see a familiar name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feedbacker
Nov 20, 2004

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Nilbog has always planned to do this - he's treated blue as the testbed for patches and bugfixes for a future, super-accurate-timeline server. That said, there's quite a few Velious content and mechanics patches left, so I wouldn't expect P99 green or whatever they end up calling it anytime soon.

You're right, looking at the timeline on the wiki, there's a lot more stuff left to be implemented than I realized. Still, I'm really glad to hear Nilbog intends to do that. Hopefully we'll see Green before the end of 2016. I've been getting the itch something fierce lately after not playing for a few years, and there's nothing like a fresh start.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Feedbacker posted:

Hopefully we'll see Green before the end of 2016.

Not sure if srs but heh, noooooo.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Was there a second downtime today?

The vendor farm I setup this morning is missing. :(

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

ohno posted:

Ah cool, I was Topsy. Good to see a familiar name.

You were the bard Topsy Turvy? If so, you and I used to terrorize BW as a bard duo.

Edit: Anyone remember the link to the goon alt spreadsheet?

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 12, 2016

Rlazgoth
Oct 10, 2003
I attack people at random.
I ended up pushing forward with my Enchanter after confirming that the deity deal is way exaggerated (it only makes you KOS with very specific factions such as SK guilds and such).

What's a good place to hunt at 12? I've tried CB and LFay but apparently camping low level zones with high level characters is a thing in this server. I actually got kicked out of the sisters camp in LFay a couple nights ago by a 50 something enchanter who went to the trouble of training and rooting red con mobs on me to get me killed. He then took over the camp and stayed there for a couple hours farming level 10 mobs for no xp and those sweet Bronze weapons :shrug:

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Rlazgoth posted:

I ended up pushing forward with my Enchanter after confirming that the deity deal is way exaggerated (it only makes you KOS with very specific factions such as SK guilds and such).

What's a good place to hunt at 12? I've tried CB and LFay but apparently camping low level zones with high level characters is a thing in this server. I actually got kicked out of the sisters camp in LFay a couple nights ago by a 50 something enchanter who went to the trouble of training and rooting red con mobs on me to get me killed. He then took over the camp and stayed there for a couple hours farming level 10 mobs for no xp and those sweet Bronze weapons :shrug:

That was maybe me, and I am very sorry. I was having a bad night, and I just wanted some platinum, and don't usually play on blue. So I logged on and listened to music after killing you ( I think it was you)

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Laughing p hard at this twist, poo poo I don't even go this far on PvP servers. You sick, son

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Meanwhile Red players are lamenting the lack of new players on the server...

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Rlazgoth posted:

Not to encourage petition quest but this is the kind of thing the guides will do something about if you can give them good info about the situation. High level assholes are hugely frowned upon on blue.

lemonslol posted:

That was maybe me, and I am very sorry. I was having a bad night, and I just wanted some platinum, and don't usually play on blue. So I logged on and listened to music after killing you ( I think it was you)

:lol:

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

I Love You! posted:

Laughing p hard at this twist, poo poo I don't even go this far on PvP servers. You sick, son

Goon on goon violence! When will the madness end?!

Rlazgoth
Oct 10, 2003
I attack people at random.

lemonslol posted:

Heh, small world. It's cool, that camp got stolen from me by other people a few more times over the last few days so I just stopped caring. I just found weird the insane amount of competition over a camp which - at least in live classic - used to be always empty.

Don't people farm giants in this server? Even in 2000 or so I thought that was the go-to place to farm platinum if you didn't want to dabble in tradeskills, not bronze weapons.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Rlazgoth posted:

Don't people farm giants in this server? Even in 2000 or so I thought that was the go-to place to farm platinum if you didn't want to dabble in tradeskills, not bronze weapons.

I think that's sort of the problem, at least it's what I ran into on my shaman. With 1500 people on at primetime and a huge majority of them 50+, everything is camped. Ice Giants, Seafuries, Specters, Hill Giants etc. Anything you would consider a 'money camp' is already taken.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Prophecy120 posted:

I think that's sort of the problem, at least it's what I ran into on my shaman. With 1500 people on at primetime and a huge majority of them 50+, everything is camped. Ice Giants, Seafuries, Specters, Hill Giants etc. Anything you would consider a 'money camp' is already taken.
You can try the SK treants (in the northeast corner of the zone), they are not so often camped. It's not exactly killer cash, but okay. Beware, they are druids and have damage shields.

Gargoyles in OOT drop eyes, which are the best cash for a newbie until.....

Sisters in OOT are the best cash until level 35/40 or so, they are so easy and reliable. Requires being able to vendor just nearby (sneak or faction). Fairly, but not permanently camped. Also, it's funny to see the mudslinging in /ooc over seafuries. :)

Another great "camp" is killing guards in Oggok. It requires high level, more effort, along with sneak, faction tricks and/or feign death (or you'll be zoning constantly), but my Monk raked in the dough grinding 45-50 there due to the fact that guards drop Fine Steel. I could sell at merchants by sneaking, and even bank in order to dump money. Those 5-15p per guard really add up.

Gnome guards (outside of Ak'Anon) are also a classic, haven't tried it on P99 though.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Randomly found this and thought of this thread. Haven't played p99 or EQ in over 10 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAyxdS1SSoo

Keep thinking about playing p99 but no idea what class I'd want to play.... and I'd really only want to play if I was in a chill guild with a decent number of active people.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Define: "decent number" and "active"

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

BDA, Anonymous, and Venerate are all solid & active casual guilds. Ignore BDA's reputation on the forums - Chest and the rest of the leadership are awesome, level-headed folk.

A lot of the old Rampage crew went to BDA for casual times, and Anonymous has also been picking up some semi-retired hardcore raiders.

edit: If you're looking for a levelling guild, go with Kittens Who Say Meow. Silly name but generally nice people with a very social atmosphere.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

All right made a Druid, an SK, an enchanter and a shaman. Haven't decided which I want to play but it's late so I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Mustang posted:

All right made a Druid, an SK, an enchanter and a shaman. Haven't decided which I want to play but it's late so I'll figure it out tomorrow.

The druid it's probably the best bang for your buck. The others depend more on good great to some extent or another unless you like grouping as the enchanter.

Chest is leading BDA now? poo poo, now I have to go say hi and ask about the corgies.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

All right guess I'll stick with my druid for now. In game as Jatoiah

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Man I really missremembered how slow lvling was in EQ...

SoUr
Jun 1, 2008
Anarch, I got 39 enchanted lrg. bricks of adamantite, 6 leather paddings, 12 essence of shadow, and loads of elf blood now, I believe that's all you need to make the collar, bracer, shoulder, girdle, vambraces and cloak?

Let me know when you get a chance to give these crafts a go?

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

SoUr posted:

Anarch, I got 39 enchanted lrg. bricks of adamantite, 6 leather paddings, 12 essence of shadow, and loads of elf blood now, I believe that's all you need to make the collar, bracer, shoulder, girdle, vambraces and cloak?

Let me know when you get a chance to give these crafts a go?

Either tonight at around 11:00 pm to 1:00 am PST, or Friday 9:00 am to 11:00 am PST. Mats look fine- this is for non-imbued plate, right?

SoUr
Jun 1, 2008
I'm in GMT so maybe I'll catch you on before work. I want the Enchanted set, not Imbued.

I think the only pieces missing are the nectars from the vendors, but the real pain will be getting the damned ore to Neriak, my guy is standing in the tunnel with all 390 st worth of ore on him.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

SoUr posted:

I'm in GMT so maybe I'll catch you on before work. I want the Enchanted set, not Imbued.

I think the only pieces missing are the nectars from the vendors, but the real pain will be getting the damned ore to Neriak, my guy is standing in the tunnel with all 390 st worth of ore on him.
Thelema has weight reduction bags. And I'll need to port over Welt to brew, but that won't be a problem.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Get a sow and you can move regardless of weight. Add a little strafe running and it won't take long to get there.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Yeah, but watch out for the specks of dust you walk over because the 6 inch drop'll kill you.

Cloche
Mar 4, 2010

I've discovered that I enjoy enchanter way more than I do SK, but I don't want the stuff from you nice folks to rot.

As far as I can remember, Klaymen gave me a weapon/some plat/maybe some misc items? Thelema made me a set of banded, and Innernette gave me some plat. Do you guys want me to try and track you down in-game to hand it back, or keep it on that character for any new players that could use some starter equipment?

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Cloche posted:

I've discovered that I enjoy enchanter way more than I do SK, but I don't want the stuff from you nice folks to rot.

As far as I can remember, Klaymen gave me a weapon/some plat/maybe some misc items? Thelema made me a set of banded, and Innernette gave me some plat. Do you guys want me to try and track you down in-game to hand it back, or keep it on that character for any new players that could use some starter equipment?

IMHO keep as a backup character. If you need cash for your ench, go ahead and sell the banded.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

faulteroy posted:

BDA, Anonymous, and Venerate are all solid & active casual guilds. Ignore BDA's reputation on the forums - Chest and the rest of the leadership are awesome, level-headed folk.

A lot of the old Rampage crew went to BDA for casual times, and Anonymous has also been picking up some semi-retired hardcore raiders.

edit: If you're looking for a levelling guild, go with Kittens Who Say Meow. Silly name but generally nice people with a very social atmosphere.

I joined Anonymous from the goon guild. It's been a lot of fun, and yeah you can be uber neckbeard like some members or super casual if you want. There's no minimum raiding percentage like some raiding guilds (I think including BDA?).

From what I know we don't have any ex-Rampage or semi-retired hardcore. We do have a very cool alliance with Divinity, which used to raid with Rampage, so that's a lot of DPS on some targets with their primals and stuff.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Inimicul posted:

The druid it's probably the best bang for your buck. The others depend more on good great to some extent or another unless you like grouping as the enchanter.

Chest is leading BDA now? poo poo, now I have to go say hi and ask about the corgies.

He's been leading it for years.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

pepito sanchez posted:

I joined Anonymous from the goon guild. It's been a lot of fun, and yeah you can be uber neckbeard like some members or super casual if you want. There's no minimum raiding percentage like some raiding guilds (I think including BDA?).

From what I know we don't have any ex-Rampage or semi-retired hardcore. We do have a very cool alliance with Divinity, which used to raid with Rampage, so that's a lot of DPS on some targets with their primals and stuff.

Do you guys ever have the chance to farm west tov with Divinity? I know most people prefer Skyshrine armor but I've been there - done that on live.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

pepito sanchez posted:

BDA is super casual and has no attendance requirements. It's the home of a lot of retired hardcore players (including myself... used to raid with IB/TR back in '09 - '12).

Troll
Jan 15, 2012
Reds population has gotten too low, and the same folk are still using fungi twinks to kill people in the only zones people visit so I'm going back to blue.

How much are field of bone potions? I want to level a DE enchanter in Kurns

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Anachron - I told Secondtonone you were looking to buy jboots. He's currently selling for 6k.

Everyone - Get to SKarana for guild Quillmane camp!

SoUr
Jun 1, 2008
I see you guys have a hammer that teleports you to Kunark? What's that hammer called and how do I go about getting it?

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Worker_Sledgemallet

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

SoUr posted:

I see you guys have a hammer that teleports you to Kunark? What's that hammer called and how do I go about getting it?

If you are an :Enchanter, Bard or Necro you're in luck. The quest only requires a Jade which can be vendor bought cheaply. Simply charm the quest giver and hand it in to him (charm raises faction to the appropriate level)

If you are anything else: Find someone selling 'charges' of Cazic Thule puppet strings. This item has a right-click charm effect for all classes to use. I think the average cost for a charge is like 2k or so.

Should be 50+ for all charm techniques

Otherwise you can always faction grind (its terrible)

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Troll posted:

Reds population has gotten too low, and the same folk are still using fungi twinks to kill people in the only zones people visit so I'm going back to blue.

How much are field of bone potions? I want to level a DE enchanter in Kurns

Yeah I was a little bummed the other night when with a server pop of maybe 70 people someone had to come ruin my fun in MM with a SK twink. It's the nature of the server, hiwever I still enjoy not having everything in the history of the game camped and the XP bonus is still tits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Quite A Tool posted:

Yeah I was a little bummed the other night when with a server pop of maybe 70 people someone had to come ruin my fun in MM with a SK twink. It's the nature of the server, hiwever I still enjoy not having everything in the history of the game camped and the XP bonus is still tits.

I've been stuck in CoM on red for about two months now. Since I'm guildless I can't get a port out, and because of the population, if I log on and no one is in CoM, and I can't start a group I usually log off. Still, when I do get a chance to find people on, if it is a full group, I try to scout the tank being low on health, and snipe him by running up and warrior disarm, slam and hope they die. Which is fun enough for me to not log into blue. I usually play Blue, when I have absolutely nothing to do, and I log on my enchanter and kill noobs at sisters camp who are afk.