Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

isn't google adding some icon that indicates if the mail server supports TLS or something

Yes they've already implemented that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

A Pinball Wizard posted:

if you send someone a pic via hangouts it actually uploads it to your Google photos account as a shared photo

and then suggests it to you at later dates and keeps it in a gallery forever

ask me about the pictures of butts permanently tied to my google account

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

ask me about the pictures of butts permanently tied to my google account

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i have pictures of butts permanently tied to my google account, and when i get a new picture google displays it in a gallery and if I accidentally swipe left or right whoops now it's a butt

it's not my butt, at least

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

i have pictures of butts permanently tied to my google account, and when i get a new picture google displays it in a gallery and if I accidentally swipe left or right whoops now it's a butt

was it 10 gigs of butts?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

yeah same except its my butt

hi mom

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Shaggar posted:

put them on your one drive and share them only with a specific user. anyone with the url will still have to log in and only the user you authorized will be able to access it.
unless you get owned by bit.ly or whatever

e: like i assume that won't happen if you use onedrive properly but the wired article doesn't really make it clear so idk. tech journalism is trash

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

our local PD put out some details on a thief and censored the license plate by drawing a black square on top of a photo embedded on a word doc - then put that word doc online.

I emailed them about "snipping tool".

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

jony ive aces posted:

e: like i assume that won't happen if you use onedrive properly but the wired article doesn't really make it clear so idk. tech journalism is trash

Skip the articles and just read paper: http://arxiv.org/pdf/1604.02734v1.pdf

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

jony ive aces posted:

there used to be a part of onedrive where u could have groups for sharing documents with really granular permissions but idk where it went

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

computer toucher posted:

our local PD put out some details on a thief and censored the license plate by drawing a black square on top of a photo embedded on a word doc - then put that word doc online.

Here it's official government policy to print out the redacted document then scan it in again.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

computer toucher posted:

The pentagon did this once too

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

spankmeister posted:

Here it's official government policy to print out the redacted document then scan it in again.

legitimately good plan

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

spankmeister posted:

at first you laugh at this, and then you realize how clever that is.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

are they good butts?

in 5 years, when google pops up a remember this picture reminder, will you be glad to see those butts again?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/afreak/status/721020332669214720

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

those are not even good spambot names. you could generate a better one just by alternating random vowels and consonants:

wijuneku
suninaxu
tizujuse
zegofuqo
heminagi
melunone
huluduba
firukiba
betozuha
majibalo
benuxube
mudeyibo
gimawatu
waxuwelu
sijiyaje
kekufije
bipofaxi

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Wheany posted:

those are not even good spambot names. you could generate a better one just by alternating random vowels and consonants:

wijuneku
suninaxu
tizujuse
zegofuqo
heminagi
melunone
huluduba
firukiba
betozuha
majibalo
benuxube
mudeyibo
gimawatu
waxuwelu
sijiyaje
kekufije
bipofaxi

code:
$ pwgen -0 -A -B -1 10 10
iedahshaut
eipeexooju
auchiengah
phoonaequa
ciudaeghei
choxohchoo
aimaighuod
iseeweidoo
aicichahti
tahziidiec

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i just noticed i generated "i see weido" which sounds vaguely dirty

also I kinda legitimately like the sound of "choxohchoo"

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

ErIog posted:

It's more that if they're sniffed then whoever sniffed it needs no other authentication to be able to view the picture. I noticed it a while ago, and I bet most hangout users don't know it behaves like that. Any picture you send over Hangouts to another user is public information. So maybe find another way to send your dick picks.

It's super weird because it's clearly a violation of the expectation of privacy. Text sent to another person isn't public. Pictures are. Google doesn't seem to let you know this. I'm surprised some consumer bureau in the EU hasn't taken them to ask over it.

so wait are we talking the exceedingly common unguessable but "public" CDN uris that are used by basically everyone or it literally slaps them publicly in your Google photos where anyone can easily find them cause im confused

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i just looked and it has them as a private G+ album (not google photos, google plus) that only I have access to. this is in a hangout conversation with a phone number so those were sent as MMSs I guess. can't get into it without logging in, can't get into it from another account.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

atomicthumbs posted:

i just looked and it has them as a private G+ album (not google photos, google plus) that only I have access to. this is in a hangout conversation with a phone number so those were sent as MMSs I guess. can't get into it without logging in, can't get into it from another account.

is this only iphone? i just checked my google+ photos on my anroid and none of the photos ive sent via hangouts show up there at all.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:same: mods!

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

is this only iphone? i just checked my google+ photos on my anroid and none of the photos ive sent via hangouts show up there at all.

i'm using a computer. click on a photo, on the computer.

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

wish I could find whatever the gently caress you're talking about

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
hahaha, an roid is word filtered to android: anroid

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sharktopus posted:

wish I could find whatever the gently caress you're talking about

anthonypants posted:

apparently if you generated enough bit.ly urls you could get access to someone's onedrive until microsoft removed the feature http://www.wired.com/2016/04/researchers-cracked-microsoft-googles-shortened-urls-spy-people/

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

atomicthumbs posted:

but how will i play EV Nova now

sheepshaver

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:five:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://meta.serverfault.com/questions/8696/what-to-do-with-the-rm-rf-hoax-question

:allears:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

holy poo poo

"One one hand, this is a flagrant misuse of this community resource and must be discouraged. On the other hand, ~my rep points~"

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

knew it

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
hear me out on this: im gonna make a viral marketing campaign, and the end goal will be to have tens of thousands of people calling me a retard

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

deep impact on vhs posted:

hear me out on this: im gonna make a viral marketing campaign, and the end goal will be to have tens of thousands of people calling me a retard

what if I, in character as myself, pretend to make a series of horrific decisions to demonstrate that a product I created is good and necessary. there is no way the "product" part of this message will get lost in the noise

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Well that would be easy, the 2nd part is ready done.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
thank god you can't read italian, the guy is in serious need of a punch straight in the face

"ansible prevents these issues, every serious systems administrator should have known, checkmate bitches :smug:"

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

hackbunny posted:

thank god you can't read italian, the guy is in serious need of a punch straight in the face

"ansible prevents these issues, every serious systems administrator should have known, checkmate bitches :smug:"

Eh I got the gist of it. gently caress that guy. I'm using puppet or chef from now on out of spite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

no need to make a viral marketing campaign for that

• Locked thread