Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anny-Mouse
Mar 1, 2008

Not only are your breasts flat, but you're also boring.
What's a good bits set to get to make Centurions or Praetors? I'm using the power armor guy from BaC but i need another one (as WB) and more than that for different point games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
There's the Legion Praetors set, gives you a Power Armoured fella and a Cataphractii dude. There's also the Legion Champion/Master of Signals bundle if you're looking for more specific Centurions.

Edit: Also the various command sets. Gives you a generic leader dude and a banner bearer in various different marks of armour.

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 13, 2016

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to use the guy in MkIII with the sword and powerfist as a praetor.

I wouldn't ever use the powerfist and I'm just going to say he's got a paragon blade, but it's such a good model and I've had it sitting around for years that I want to use it for something.

Anny-Mouse
Mar 1, 2008

Not only are your breasts flat, but you're also boring.
is that in the 40k part of forgeworld I looked at the toops for HH and didnt see anything

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
No, they're part of the GW line. Masters of the Chapter.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm amazed they're still $33, that's what I paid back when they were still metal. As a warning to anyone interested in that set, they'll be finecast now. It might be possible to find the metals or the individual models on ebay though.

Edit: You can, but they go for $60 and some dudes are trying for double that. Haha.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Recoome posted:

Kakophoni are now bonkers with Heavy 2 and Relentless due to the RoW.

What book is the RoW in again?

Anyone know where to get good 3rd party jump packs for mk4 armor? I'm looking to make my emp champ special guys have jump packs and spears, and any suggestions would help!

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
The brew RoW are in book 6.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I just saw a 1k pt 12 model 30k Mechanicum army completely destroy a 1k pt 40k Space Wolves army so completely that it was hard to watch.

Photon thrusters and the lorica thallax are some real poo poo.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
My new leviathan lived multiple rounds vs Angron tonight and even killed a few terminators. If Angie hadn't broken my anti inf weapon from the get go he might have been in trouble

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
My Iron Warriors got featured on GW's official flickr feed today, which is pretty humbling:
https://www.flickr.com/groups/gamesworkshop/pool/

This year my hobby resolution is to finish all of my loose 30k projects. No new models, no new purchases. This way I can spend a few years painting and not worrying about conversions and have a fully playable army. I thought I'd share some of the few projects as they come together in their various states:

Thanks to the threads feedback I went all ahead full with digitigrade deredeos:

I also shortened the autocannons, staggered them over each other, and did a few other little conversions. I'm really happy with the results. I plan to add larger ammo storage on the guns and armored plates, but otherwise this guy is mostly finished. Except one thing. Which head should I use?

Iron Warrior?

Or stock?

I've also got a nearly completed Leviathan. He needs armoured plates and a melta lance, but is otherwise done. I'm still unsure if I'll do anything else with the chest area, but I can't really think of anything cool to do to the front that doesn't require extensive greenstuff work:

A heresy era navigator. Fun little project. Just needs some greenstuff and he's all done:

My chaplain is also coming together well. He needs greenstuff work and I plan to cover his shield in oaths of moment (along with some of his front armour), but the basic shape and chest armor are done. Since he's a chaplain I made him look more chaosified than usual:

I have 3 sicarans in the work, here's one that's practically finished:

The top hatch is entirely magnatized, so you can take out the tank commander and close the hatch:

Last are a pair of proteus land raiders I got last year. I really like the end result, but the track guards are really annoying to put together. Besides cleaning up more of the model, it's going to take a few more passes of greenstuff work to get the guards to look like part of the model (the left side is finished, the right side is blue tacked on to show off the concept)

The augary array is magnetized. Another question. Should I go with or without the satellite dish?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Those are all absolutely incredible, the Deredeo and tanks especially get me going. I'd go for the iron warriors head in the dread.

Wow.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Iron Warriors? I thought you played Iron Hands.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

Iron Warriors? I thought you played Iron Hands.

We'll find out Sunday! Or we wont!

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

BULBASAUR posted:

My Iron Warriors got featured on GW's official flickr feed today, which is pretty humbling:
Iron Warrior?

This whole post gives me an Iron Warrior.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
I'm erect for that dread. How did you do the leg work?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Everything owns.

But in particular I love how nicer the auto cannons look with the top ones shortened, I'll have to steal that. I'd say the IW head is perfect for it.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Legion terminator pads are up and pretty nice looking too.
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/...uestid=17141632

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Apr 15, 2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
World Eaters and Alpha Legion are the winners. Those are fantastic.

Lol at the Sons of Horus slapping their legion number on when they have so much more interesting designs they could have used.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Where are the Ultramarines?! Did they only do traitors?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
This is just the first batch. Also Iron Hands, traitors? Well why not.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Mango Polo posted:

If this thread has taught me anything, they are.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Mango Polo posted:

My brain equates them with Iron Warriors, so they're traitors now, sorry.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Don't worry, Bulbasaur makes the same mistake all the time.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Come to the light Bulbasaur, its where you belong. We have seasoning. We want you!

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 15, 2016

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
How would you guys make Calleb Decima? I'm thinking of using GWs new enginseer model as a base.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Amazing how everyone is thinking the same thing.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

How would you guys make Calleb Decima? I'm thinking of using GWs new enginseer model as a base.

Decima is the Titan tech priest from FW, but thats if you dont actually want to do conversion work.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

That model seems abit bland to me tbh.

Another important question. Cybernetica or Reductor?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
BULBASAUR, everything in that post looks rad. The spiked treads are a really good choice for your army and I would definitely go with the Iron Warriors dreadnought heads.

Hencoe posted:

Legion terminator pads are up and pretty nice looking too.
Looking forward to when they put out some Dork Angles pads. There's a cataphractii detailed in book VI and it looks pretty good. The shoulderpads are completely covered by winged swords, as expected. Hopefully, they just make those. I've left the larger pads off of my cataphractii while I wait.

:shepspends:

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Where did the spiked treads come from?

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Do you guys put CC weapons and bolt pistols on your tactical boltgun marines? It seems like a lot of extra crud on the model...

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Personally I just model the blades on because they slot nicely onto those vents on the backpack. Can't think of anyone who models Bolt Pistols onto EVERY Tac Marine, anyone who gives you poo poo for it for WYSIWYG or whatever deserves a punch to the face.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

DeadGame posted:

Do you guys put CC weapons and bolt pistols on your tactical boltgun marines? It seems like a lot of extra crud on the model...

Nope, but I hate money and use Mk.II anyways.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
bulba, hey

just for you

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Still awaiting its base, but here is my Leviathan all painted up. I have a Siege Drill and Storm Cannon in their wrappers, but as I'm working towards a tournament army I'm going to focus on what I need.

His original name has been forgotten in the outbreak of the Heresy... he has simply been dubbed Unrelenting Savagery.

And here he is with a couple of Rhinos - they haven't been properly weathered yet but they're TT ready.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Oh god this one stings, so badly.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Poor Perturabo.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

So, the gently caress do Mechanicum use for AT that isn't Krios spam or Lightnings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

DJ Dizzy posted:

So, the gently caress do Mechanicum use for AT that isn't Krios spam or Lightnings?

Reductor artillery, dark lances, voraxes smashing.