Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

TFRazorsaw posted:

that's sentinel prime

I wish we had an emoticon of Starscream flying over a confused Grimlock's head to illustrate someone completely missing the joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oh.

It was honestly not easy to tell.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
"Fire Guts" is the name of anyone who has a red and orange color scheme. All it took was one time on a Japanese cartoon, and people remember it forever.

It's like when geewun metastasizes. :v:

(please don't be mad:ohdear:)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Who was the original, Ginrai?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Blackheart posted:

Who was the original, Ginrai?

Yeah, but it wasn't even an actual color scheme, it was his signature Atomic Fire Guts attack. The first crazy translucent red-orange repaint thing didn't even happen until 2001 or so.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Preview for MtMtE 52 is up and you will believe that Kaon calls off the Decepticons after Drift threatens his pet turbofox with a sword

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

BBTS has preorders up for those MP Machinerobo/GoBots up. $46, just Cy-Kill and Screw Head for now.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

None of my local toy stores carry anything except combiner wars torsos and a tiny run of deluxes and old legends figures. No change in stock for the last 4 months. Ultra Magnus and Onslought as far as the eyes can see.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 15, 2016

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
So Dr. What, You love complex Transformers, have you ever tried putting together Gundam models?

I was on a Skylynx hunt and came across a few at a Barnes & Noble. The HG I picked up was crazy complex. I have a feeling that you would find Nirvana in the Master Grade or Perfect Grade Zeta Gundam. Not only is it a model, but it transforms.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I built a gundam recently. It was fun but then the handle of the transforming swords/backpack/greatsword snapped on me before the day was out. That sucked!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Anora posted:

So Dr. What, You love complex Transformers, have you ever tried putting together Gundam models?

I was on a Skylynx hunt and came across a few at a Barnes & Noble. The HG I picked up was crazy complex. I have a feeling that you would find Nirvana in the Master Grade or Perfect Grade Zeta Gundam. Not only is it a model, but it transforms.

Gundam models aren't too complex at the HG and MG level but perfect grade are neat as gently caress.

My perfect grade wing gundam got thrown down the stairs by movers when I was 17 and I never built another gundam model again.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Hell yeah, this is awesome.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
No dry ice added to end of barrel for effect, -10 points.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

I found an old CW Bombshell at a Target yesterday. I really like him. I wish I could find the other Insecticons, too. Other than the all brownish-red guy.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I know what "Fire Guts" is. I just didn't pick up that he knew it wasn't Astrotrain.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Daaku Shinsei posted:

I found an old CW Bombshell at a Target yesterday. I really like him. I wish I could find the other Insecticons, too. Other than the all brownish-red guy.

The problem is that Shrapnel is a lot of waves earlier (different subline, even), and there's no kickback (yet). Don't worry though, some 3-pack is incredibly likely one he finally shows up.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I thought it was odd that the new Insecticons didn't match, color-wise. Aren't the yellows all different on them?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yes, Bombshells' is much nicer looking than shrapnel's lemon yellow.

Chop Shop is a different subgroup of insecticons anyway so it doesn't matter.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Keldroc posted:

BBTS has preorders up for those MP Machinerobo/GoBots up. $46, just Cy-Kill and Screw Head for now.

Stands 4.50" (11.5 cm) tall

Are you sure there aren't other larger ones coming? That seems too short for an MP style figure.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

DisposableHero posted:

Are you sure there aren't other larger ones coming? That seems too short for an MP style figure.

MP style doesn't have a height requirement. They're MP style because they're attempting to be screen accurate replicas of the characters. Pretty sure these are the same things they showed those prototypes of last year.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Am I imagining it, or were there rumors that people from the Maketoys design team were behind these?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

I do remember those rumors. I don't know if anything was ever confirmed, though.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I could have sworn I'd seen bigger prototypes. Maybe it was someone else making them though. This would have been like a year ago.

Edit: Ok yeah, it was these. The pictures I saw before just don't give a clear impression of scale so I just imagined they were larger.

DisposableHero fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 16, 2016

DoktorVerderben
Nov 23, 2009

I found it... beneath me.
I really loved Transformers when I was a kid, I loved the show and had a large collection of G1 stuff. Beast Wars came out right as I started college, and it brought me back in pretty well, I used Ebay get myself some of the post-movie stuff I never got as a kid. When Beast Wars changed to Beast Machines I lost interest and stopped following all things TF. Recently, I found this thread and after reading people rave about IDW's MTMTE I checked it out and was hooked after a few pages of LSoTW.

I've gotten some of the new toys and they have impressed me a lot. The CW Ultra Magnus and Brainstorm are great, and the combiners are great fun. When I was a kid, I never actually managed to get an entire combiner other than Devastator. I had Onslaught, a couple Aerialbots, three Technobots, but I never got to see them combined together. I got the new CW Onslaught a week or so ago, mostly out of nostalgia from the g1 Onslaught of my youth, and he is really cool. I put him together with the Sky Reign limbs I picked up and it was neat, but it still bugged me that I didn't have Decepticons for him to combine with.

Yesterday I stopped in at a local store on the way home from work and was amazed to see a full set of the Bruticus limbs plus tiny Shockwave available(I can't believe people are trying to get 22 bucks for him on Amazon). Bruticus looks awesome, and its really amazing to me how much better these things are as toys than the stuff from my youth.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for rekindling my interest in something so cool from my past.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

yesssssssss

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DoktorVerderben posted:

I really loved Transformers when I was a kid, I loved the show and had a large collection of G1 stuff. Beast Wars came out right as I started college, and it brought me back in pretty well, I used Ebay get myself some of the post-movie stuff I never got as a kid. When Beast Wars changed to Beast Machines I lost interest and stopped following all things TF. Recently, I found this thread and after reading people rave about IDW's MTMTE I checked it out and was hooked after a few pages of LSoTW.

I've gotten some of the new toys and they have impressed me a lot. The CW Ultra Magnus and Brainstorm are great, and the combiners are great fun. When I was a kid, I never actually managed to get an entire combiner other than Devastator. I had Onslaught, a couple Aerialbots, three Technobots, but I never got to see them combined together. I got the new CW Onslaught a week or so ago, mostly out of nostalgia from the g1 Onslaught of my youth, and he is really cool. I put him together with the Sky Reign limbs I picked up and it was neat, but it still bugged me that I didn't have Decepticons for him to combine with.

Yesterday I stopped in at a local store on the way home from work and was amazed to see a full set of the Bruticus limbs plus tiny Shockwave available(I can't believe people are trying to get 22 bucks for him on Amazon). Bruticus looks awesome, and its really amazing to me how much better these things are as toys than the stuff from my youth.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for rekindling my interest in something so cool from my past.

Just be careful with impulse buying, plastic crack is one hell of a thing. Other than that, have a great time!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

So awesome. That was the first comic I ever bought as a kid that wasn't Richie Rich or something. So the first GOOD comic I ever bought.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

DisposableHero posted:

You just need to wait for the Masterpiece Super Go-Bots.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Took this last week trying to replicate the comic cover but imgur/my computer was being poo poo. I have that issue somewhere too.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I don't think I've flip-flopped so much on a figure ever as I have on MP Shockers. Now I'm firmly in HE'S loving GREAT mode and kinda thinking of throwing Quakewave in the trash.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I will take that quakewave if you are going to dispose of it~~~

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
What's with the the butt wheel?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I was on the g1 toy and is part of the gun mode, I think it even shows up on some of the animation character models. It's asspurata, a lesser known cybertronian punishment where they replace your buttcheeks with wheels. Poor MP Ironhide suffered it as well.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I said I would post pics, but I forgot. Here's what I did for Shockwave's symbols:

I used these:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=OCD10007&mode=retail

I've these these on my other 'cons and they look good.

And while I'm at it, I might as well show the other shelves too...

See if you can spot any mods or tweaks I've done to them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Dustolf

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Gammatron 64 posted:

I said I would post pics, but I forgot. Here's what I did for Shockwave's symbols:

I used these:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=OCD10007&mode=retail

I've these these on my other 'cons and they look good.

And while I'm at it, I might as well show the other shelves too...

See if you can spot any mods or tweaks I've done to them.

New Ulty Mags hands. I see you switched the G2 Bumblebee's jetpacks over to the G1's (Me too!) New hands for Prime. Reprolabel stickers for Prowl. Possibly Reprolables for Megatron/Apollyon, but not a full set, because the full set includes the wavy line things on his chest. (I have the those on my Apollyon.)

Can't see Soundwave's hands but I assume you've replaced those, the stock versions need replacing more than Prime or Ulty Mags.

... that's all I got from those pictures.

As a side note, I think that Badcube Sunsurge is at least as good of a Sunstreaker as Mastermind Creations Sphinx is a good Mirage. Something about Sphinx's head doesn't seem right to me? The Liger repaint, though... I am very, very slowly assembling a private force of MP Diaclones/WRONG COLOR TRANSFORMERS. Blue Streak, Tiger Track, Road Rage, (KO) Exhaust, (KO) Jolly Green Giant Prime, and soon...

Blackheart posted:

I was on the g1 toy and is part of the gun mode, I think it even shows up on some of the animation character models. It's asspurata, a lesser known cybertronian punishment where they replace your buttcheeks with wheels. Poor MP Ironhide suffered it as well.

:golfclap:

Sentinel Red posted:

I don't think I've flip-flopped so much on a figure ever as I have on MP Shockers. Now I'm firmly in HE'S loving GREAT mode and kinda thinking of throwing Quakewave in the trash.

The fact that I won't have the money for it till the fall really helps my not getting it... but the more we see the more we wants it, precious.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 16, 2016

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Did we know there are KO MP Tracks appearing on eBay now? Because there are.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

As a side note, I think that Badcube Sunsurge is at least as good of a Sunstreaker as Mastermind Creations Sphinx is a good Mirage

Sunsurge is really, really great. Found a couple of cracks in pin joints in mine, but they're in places where it's not going to do much damage over time, so I'm trying very hard to swallow it down and just live with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Phy posted:

Sunsurge is really, really great. Found a couple of cracks in pin joints in mine, but they're in places where it's not going to do much damage over time, so I'm trying very hard to swallow it down and just live with it.

Out of curiosity, where?

You're not the poster who had a similar problem with a flap on YOTH Optimus Prime's leg that I didn't have until I checked because of this thread, are you? (It's a very, very minor problem that doesn't interfere with the transformation and doesn't look like it will get worse unless I try to break it.)