Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i kind of really dont like that slayer has a perfectly regular looking swing that oneshots people at max hp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
does anyone want to help me give armor to my casca cosplay character using the classic ds1/phantasy star online honor system

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so, some people were asking about the plat trophy, and i just confirmed it requires pretty much beating NG+2. one the final bosses has a soul that can be used for 3 different things lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

so, some people were asking about the plat trophy, and i just confirmed it requires pretty much beating NG+2. one the final bosses has a soul that can be used for 3 different things lol

plus theres a cheeve for all rings and this game has +1 and +2 versions of rings that drop in ng+ and ng+2

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What does +1 in a weapon that only upgrades to +5 translate to in weapon matchmaking? Like which number out of 15, I mean

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

now, at the end of the game, cleaning up everything ive missed, only now have i realized you can upgrade catalysts with titanite at andre. no wonder my lightning spears werent doing jack poo poo lmao

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

net cafe scandal posted:

What does +1 in a weapon that only upgrades to +5 translate to in weapon matchmaking? Like which number out of 15, I mean

Normal weapons only go to +10, so +2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I remember now why my first ds2 character took like 70 hours and why my ds3 one will too. In my first playthrough I maxed out rat covenant, sunlight covenant, bell keepers and dragon pvp, lol. Every time I find a neat covenant I just end up doing online stuff for 6 hours

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

lets hang out posted:

Normal weapons only go to +10, so +2

O poo poo.. TY

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

I remember now why my first ds2 character took like 70 hours and why my ds3 one will too. In my first playthrough I maxed out rat covenant, sunlight covenant, bell keepers and dragon pvp, lol. Every time I find a neat covenant I just end up doing online stuff for 6 hours

i cant bear to spemd much time in other peoples worlds when i havent cleared out my own yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

i cant bear to spemd much time in other peoples worlds when i havent cleared out my own yet

I know how this feels, but there's also another part of me thinking that I will never have a better time than right now to do online stuff

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

I know how this feels, but there's also another part of me thinking that I will never have a better time than right now to do online stuff

thats why i plan on beating it today

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

yeah, its nice that every place is bursting with summon signs and invaders

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you know one of the good things dks2 did is that you could enchant, buff, infuse etc. literally any weapon in the game and the actual damage gain for this stuff was just toned down for weapons where it'd be OP

in this one they went back to arbitrarily limiting like half the weapons in the game. i can maybe understand the boss weapons and some other uniques, but why the gently caress cant i make a heavy executioner sword? it makes no sense lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

you know one of the good things dks2 did is that you could enchant, buff, infuse etc. literally any weapon in the game and the actual damage gain for this stuff was just toned down for weapons where it'd be OP

in this one they went back to arbitrarily limiting like half the weapons in the game. i can maybe understand the boss weapons and some other uniques, but why the gently caress cant i make a heavy executioner sword? it makes no sense lol

it makes sense i just dont understand it yet

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the shortcuts in cathedral of the deep.. :italianchefkissingfingers:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
im going to kill the giant.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

the shortcuts in cathedral of the deep.. :italianchefkissingfingers:

it's some win

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

im going to kill the giant.

i'm holding out for a rusted iron ring, because fighting in restricted movement is maybe my least favorite thing in these games

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

im going to kill the giant later.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Don't give up their drops are really nice if you get them early , probably less exciting later on though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

new NG+ exclusive items right in the tutorial area. there are even greater souls you can find that are ng+ exclusive and give you like 50k+ souls each when consumed. they really want you to just do pvp and max out everything haha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i'm holding out for a rusted iron ring, because fighting in restricted movement is maybe my least favorite thing in these games

i skipped all those parts of the swamp for the same reason.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A friend of mine was co-op Ing with me and trolled me to die via environmental hazards

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

i skipped all those parts of the swamp for the same reason.

yeah. i don't think it's bad design or anything, it's just not a personal favorite. there's some really cool poo poo in the swamp if you poke around in the mire, though.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

try using the dagger weapon art to traverse it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i found every single thing in the swamp because i was lost and didnt know i just passed by one of the flames i had to put out until i climbed up and saw it lit lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

oh yeah, you can use the bloodborne quickstep even when you run out of mana, so you can just fly through the swamp lol

you can also use p. much any non-magic weapon art when out of mana, they'll just lose like 30% of the damage or so. but if a weapon art flips people on their asses it'll still do so at no mana

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

haha, that's a really good idea.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i killed the giants.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

and the deacons.. cool fight. when the second phase started and all that poo poo started happening i got hard

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm going to try killing the giants when i get home.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

oh yeah, you can use the bloodborne quickstep even when you run out of mana, so you can just fly through the swamp lol

you can also use p. much any non-magic weapon art when out of mana, they'll just lose like 30% of the damage or so. but if a weapon art flips people on their asses it'll still do so at no mana

this is why weapon arts are awesome

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

having a ton of fun with the spiked mace that i got from the fat ladies. some drat good gaming

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

and the deacons.. cool fight. when the second phase started and all that poo poo started happening i got hard

i think it's maybe the best "here's a giant loving mob of enemies" fight in the series so far. like celestial emissary, or royal rat vanguard, but implemented in a better way.

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 16, 2016

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
for that matter, the catacombs boss feels like they finally got bed of chaos right.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the manserpents are awesome in this game but they arent silly anymore

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

the manserpents are awesome in this game but they arent silly anymore

they will seriously gently caress you up lol. the big ones are NOT messing around at all. spoiler it btw lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so the tutorial area had new items but it was otherwise the same..someone please tell me im gonna run into BP knights or some hosed up new enemy placement soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also, gonna go through all of NG+ cindered. i wanna see all the NPC invasions

• Locked thread