Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Luchacabra posted:

Wax's bro is Herbal T, right?
I don't think he even did any lead vocals in MacGregor, just played guitar.

Yeah. He's really good too, but his flow is totally different from Wax's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Squizzle posted:

I really want to read that.
It's really good and on topic.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Hip Hop Family Tree is so drat good. I've read and loved all three volumes so far, and I got my public library to order them for its collection. The presentation is fantastic as well: they're oversized volumes like the '70s Marvel Treasury Edition, printed on faded, brown paper.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm waiting for the volume 3 and 4 box set which is a ways off, but I'm excited for more.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I unironically enjoy Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up." In fact, I'm listening to it right now.

I mean, I also ironically enjoy it. It just works out that way.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

I unironically enjoy Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up." In fact, I'm listening to it right now.

Is the real reason 4thletter shut down because you and Hermanos had irreconcilable artistic differences?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Toph Bei Fong posted:

I agree with you, and think you hold the correct opinion. Albarn set out to do his version of Daft Punk's Human After All, and did it quite well. I don't think the Gorillaz have ever put out a "bad" album, just ones that sound and feel quite different than others. (Daft Punk too, for that matter)
Yeah, people judge it like it's another full-fledged album when it was basically Albarn2D dicking around on his iPad. Also it was originally given away for free until the label made them monetise it (but wouldn't give them the money to finish the trilogy of albums Plastic Beach was supposed to be the first of - or even a finished video for Rhinestone Eyes :argh:).

Teenage Fansub posted:

I got very confused about this Wax talk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_RELjHhD2s

e: also Gorillaz having an album called The Fall is dumb cause it made me think for a second one of you liked good music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp81sTev4cw
I'm sorry, it sounds like you're implying that Gorillaz is not good music. We of the Gorillaz Defendaz don't like that kind of talk around here. :toughguy:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I just accidentally found some Superman/Batman yaoi that is literally drawn as well as if not better than the real comics.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gavok posted:

It's in the upper quartile of Stock-Aitken-Waterman songs.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I never thought I'd see a day where Mark E. Smith crops up in BSS chat but here we are. What a wonderful time to be alive.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jewel Repetition posted:

I just accidentally found some Superman/Batman yaoi that is literally drawn as well as if not better than the real comics.

How do you accidentally find that?

Also was it just one image, or like a whole little story? Because if the artist didn't have to worry about layout and narrative flow, you can't compare it fairly. :colbert:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

It is so weird that he has a twin who is also a rapper. I think I only heard of both of 'em due to a friend seeing them live at some nowhere show in Tennessee or something.

I always wonder how casting directors decide which Ashmore twin they want to hire. Does Shawn cost slightly more because he's been in higher profile stuff? Does Aaron ever have to worry about Shawn being competition for a part?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe they have a deal not to audition for the same stuff.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Possibly the craziest thing about Trump's campaign is how easy it would have been to fix the mistakes he's made. Like just talk for ten minutes to someone who has read the bible, or spend a few dollars on campaign organization.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Whoops, wrong thread.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Squizzle posted:

How do you accidentally find that?

Also was it just one image, or like a whole little story? Because if the artist didn't have to worry about layout and narrative flow, you can't compare it fairly. :colbert:

It was a whole story. Example:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I just got our shipment of stuff for FCBD in including Rom #0

I hate it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Like if you asked me what I didn't want in a ROM comic I would point at this book and then throw my hands up in disgust

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
of course I searched "alan moore spider man", I'm stupid

how is that comixology digital comic store? can I download the file and read wherever? you guys ahve a thread for tips on digital comics?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

yeah
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611527

program666
Aug 22, 2013

thanks man

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

program666 posted:

Yay, I got one! :toot:

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

The true goal of any good Chat Thread. Congratulations.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

lol

been reading giffen's justice league and having a blast, I read a lot of it but not all so I'm fixing that, legion is probably next.

Greekonomics
Jun 22, 2009

program666 posted:

Clearly you weren't looking hard enough!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I loved that 1963 miniseries. Moore really captured Stan Lee's writing style, for better and for worse, and those books are imbued with the spirit of Silver Age Marvel fun. They're pretty easy to find in dollar bins, and I highly recommend them.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I got a Comic Legends Revealed tip published :D
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2016/04/15/comic-book-legends-revealed-571/
The Batman 'what if' one.

It's funny, I gave him big digital screenshots of the Comixology Batman collection I found it in, but he went and got real scans for authenticity, I guess.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 16, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

I got a Comic Legends Revealed tip published :D
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2016/04/15/comic-book-legends-revealed-571/
The Batman 'what if' one.

It's funny, I gave him big digital screenshots of the Comixology Batman collection I found it in, but he went and got real scans for authenticity, I guess.

"Hey, I'm sorry your surrogate dad got killed, but I'm basically him from another dimension, is that good enough?"

"poo poo yeah, let's fuckin roll"

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's really weird reading these Batman comics from the 60's where Alfred is fuckin' dead.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 16, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

So I made a thread in CD and people who like the Star Wars prequels derailed it so much it had to be put out of its misery. I'm officially declaring that if you like the Star Wars prequels I'm putting you on my hit list.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Lurdiak posted:

So I made a thread in CD

As a nerd-rear end motherfucker let me tell you: I found your mistake.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

My only other option for red letter media discussion was GBS and gently caress that.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It mustn't have been a good thread if it managed to get derailed by just two people.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

It mustn't have been a good thread if it managed to get derailed by just two people.

Those two were just the most recent offenders.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Lurdiak posted:

My only other option for red letter media discussion was GBS and gently caress that.

While this thread is in no way perfect, good sweet gravy is it the lesser of all those evils if you wanna talk about those fellas.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Greekonomics posted:

Clearly you weren't looking hard enough!

When I hear 'Alan Moore' and 'The Fury', that is...not what I think of.

Lurdiak posted:

So I made a thread in CD and people who like the Star Wars prequels derailed it so much it had to be put out of its misery. I'm officially declaring that if you like the Star Wars prequels I'm putting you on my hit list.
You do realise by doing that, you've let the terroristsMrBibs win?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

You do realise by doing that, you've let the terroristsMrBibs win?

CD's totally not awful mod closed it. It's outta my hands.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Those two were just the most recent offenders.
To clarify, that was actually just a joke about how terrible the prequels are.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

To clarify, that was actually just a joke about how terrible the prequels are.

Oh, that's a pretty good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

END ME SCOOB posted:

As a nerd-rear end motherfucker let me tell you: I found your mistake.
CD is weird because it used to be that you could go there for the week or maybe two after a big release and read the discussion thread about it and enjoy some actual conversation between people who had seen the film recently and wanted to talk about their impressions but now, for reasons that are I'm sure clear to the people who do it, every significant release gets a thread set up a month or more in advance of the release and the usual suspects all swarm it and make sure there's forty plus pages of ""discussion"" to wade through before the film is actually out for audiences.

• Locked thread