Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
So, on the topic of the Mystery Vault Hunter...

I think those sideways hair spikes in the first pslide mean the first silhouette is definitely Lilith, since Maya's haircut doesn't do that. It would also mean we've got a random sampling of 'Vault hunters that haven't shown up yet' from B1, B2 and TPS from the three slides

It's definitely weird that they show off the cowboy-hatted silhouette of Nisha, though, and not something I noticed before. Of the main four TPS vault-hunters, one is Athena and is already counted for, one is no longer a vault hunter, and the other two are probably dead. of the DLC hunters, Fake!Jack's silhouette would probably been too confusing to use, and then there's Aurelia, who is alive and got dragged back to Pandora by Gaige and Axton after the whole business with the Alien. So, why show Nisha instead of her?

As much as I want Nisha to canonically be alive, because I'm weirdly fond the S&M Cowgirl Bandit-Hunting-Bandit, I suspect it's simply the issue that they thought people wouldn't recognize Aurelia because of her relatively lack of popularity, or that they had issues getting her silhouette to read right in that card and went with a better known (but dead) Vault Hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Man, it'd be great if the mystery vault hunter was Doppeljack.

I hope he respecced out of Inspiration though. :(

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Athena, Janey, Felix. It's hard to bring either Athena or Janey without the other and we've got to find out what Felix's deal is.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

MJ12 posted:

Man, it'd be great if the mystery vault hunter was Doppeljack.

I hope he respecced out of Inspiration though. :(

this is extremely hosed up because it's the funniest thing when Inspire triggers during a plot conversation

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
I ain't got three solid ones, but I am going to insist that we bring Felix along if only for the explanation he is long overdue to give about Mallory and such.

As for the seconds...I dunno, let's do Cassius as well, and I threw a dice and had the third one being Janey.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
My votes are for Felix, August and Cassius just because August has been a constant force for us and I want to see the other two in action. Besides, we're a plucky underdog crew, we have no need for seasoned vault hunters (and why would you have only one of Athena and Janey, those two would love to have a trip together, it would be a blast. In fact if my votes go under I vote to have the two of them together, it will help them as a couple :3: )

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I'm going to vote for Felix and Felix alone. :colbert:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Felix because we need closure with Traitor Dad.
August because Rhys has probably already ruined his chances with Sasha with that ruling Hyperion stunt. (Plus the dead mom I guess, whatever.)
Janey so Athena can see what it's like when her loved one goes charging out into danger without her for a change. :colbert:

Also gently caress bringing actual Vault Hunters. This is the irregulars' time to shine. :colbert::colbert::colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Janey + Athena because love can bloom on the battlefield

And Zer0 because he likes Haikus

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Athena, Janey, Felix

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yay Loaderbot lives!! And we're all going to save Gortys! Hooray!!!! :dance:

As for the team though.

Athena is basically a member of our strange vault-hunting family and even knows Gortys. So she needs to come along to help save her! And as a bonus she knows our group well and we'll definitely have great teamwork.

Next is Janey. Since she's Athena's girlfriend she's pretty much a member of our family as well. I mean kinda. Also, she should come along so we know Athena won't lie about going on a dangerous, and she can probably help buff up Loaderbot and Gortys.

Finally, I can't decide between Felix and August because they have the most history with our group. But I think Felix has already received quite a bit of votes so i'm going for the underdog and choosing August. He was working with us for the Helios job so he's proven he can work with the team, and he can also get revenge for his mum. So that's nice.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

this is extremely hosed up because it's the funniest thing when Inspire triggers during a plot conversation

Someone effortpost on what this means,

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Someone effortpost on what this means,

In the Pre-Sequel, there is a DLC character where you can play as one of Jack's doppelgangers. One of skills you can get is called "Inspire". What this does is make it so every now and then, the real Jack will contact you over voice communications and give you some words of wisdom such as "you're not the ugliest person I've ever met," or "you're doing pretty well!" This is also accompanied by a "The More You Know"-style star and rainbow particles flying through the screen as a woman whipsers "inspired". Sometimes this will trigger during a plot conversation where plot critical characters are talking about important poo poo. When this happens, Jack can't actually interrupt the dialogue so the inspired text will just fly across the screen at inopportune times such as when people are being killed and whatnot.

This has no actual gameplay benefit.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Cassius, Felix, and Spings.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Kaubocks posted:

In the Pre-Sequel, there is a DLC character where you can play as one of Jack's doppelgangers. One of skills you can get is called "Inspire". What this does is make it so every now and then, the real Jack will contact you over voice communications and give you some words of wisdom such as "you're not the ugliest person I've ever met," or "you're doing pretty well!" This is also accompanied by a "The More You Know"-style star and rainbow particles flying through the screen as a woman whipsers "inspired". Sometimes this will trigger during a plot conversation where plot critical characters are talking about important poo poo. When this happens, Jack can't actually interrupt the dialogue so the inspired text will just fly across the screen at inopportune times such as when people are being killed and whatnot.

That is the best goddamn skill I've ever heard of.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Dolash posted:

That is the best goddamn skill I've ever heard of.

It's absolutely inspiring, no pun intended. :allears:

I have a serious backlog of this to catch up on so I'll abstain from this vote, but I popped in here to say that the current Humble Bundle is a bunch of Telltale games and Tales from the Borderlands is in the second price category (along with Wolf Among Us) so if anyone's still on the fence on picking this up/other great Telltale things, opportunity is knocking!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Kaubocks posted:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Let's bring on Athena, Janey, and Felix.

Felix was too busy being dead on my playthrough, so I'm down for seeing that awkward family reunion. I'm also down for Athena and Janey making things awkward too.

Limopalise
May 4, 2015

A boring man. It's hard to tell what he's capable of.
Really like this part of the episode! The Stranger twist was something I didn't see coming at all and was a really pleasant surprise.
Also love the little detail of how Vaughn wears whatever mask you bought back in episode one.

As for votes, gonna go with Zero, Cassius and Felix.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
Janey and Athena because cute couple and... Cassius because Atlas.

Just got this game through the Humble Bundle, and now I need to play it to make my own choices!

(Also, I had just opened a page to find the MYSTERY VAULT HUNTER, but you said not to so I closed that tab. I'LL BE GOOD... for now.)

EDIT: I posted without reading, and WOW, so many people on the Janey and Athena ship :3

Fire Storm fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 16, 2016

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Athena, Janey, and Felix. Because it's better from a story perspective. WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT FELIX'S DEAL IS.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
There has been a surprising lack of one vital Borderlands character. They have been in every single game as far as I know.

Where is Moxxi?

And Claptrap too, I guess. I mean nobody cares about Claptrap but he has shown up in every other Borderlands property including Poker Night at the Inventory 2. Same with Moxxi.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Moxie did show up communicating with Zer0 in the first episode, and also on a couple of posters.

We saw an advertisement for the Claptrap unit once.

My votes go to Felix for plot closure reasons, Zer0 because I want to see Rhys dorking out over him again, and Cassius, for his possible Gortys knowledge and because I want to see what he does.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Kaubocks posted:

You left out the most important part of that skill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5LenCtMUyw

Disillusioned.

Edit: And here's an actual video of what Kaubocks is talking about : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk96u6xW1T0

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Apr 16, 2016

DeafAssassin
Feb 25, 2014
Felix, Janey, Zero

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

CaptianKatsura posted:

Cassius, Felix, and Zer0. We're going team old men. We only have two old men, though, so Zer0 gets to come too. After all, if the UFS card game taught me anything, it's that if someone's age is unknown, then they are every age.

Zer0 sure rebuffed Moxie like an old man. I too am voting for team old men with our vault hunter team being Cassius, Felix, and Zer0.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

IAmTheRad posted:

And Claptrap too, I guess. I mean nobody cares about Claptrap but he has shown up in every other Borderlands property including Poker Night at the Inventory 2. Same with Moxxi.
We don't need Claptrap now, we have good robots like Loader Bot and Gortys.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!

DeafAssassin posted:

Felix, Janey, Zero

Gonna go ahead and vote for this as well.

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007
As You're Playing Chess, I'm Playing Russian Roulette

DeafAssassin posted:

Felix, Janey, Zero

I'm going with these three. Felix]/b] because I want to see him resolve that arc, Janey] for some role reversal so she understands better where her partner is coming from, and [b]Zer0 because I didn't play him in BL2 and this game made me regret that he's :3

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Janey, Felix and Zer0

because they weren't available in my game. I didn't actually have any options to select among.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Cathulhu posted:

Cassius, Felix and August.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
Athena, Janey, August

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Felix, Cassius, and August. These Vault Hunter chumps already have their own games, our original characters will not have the spotlight stolen from them.

Espresso Steampunk
Sep 27, 2008
Team Love (Athena + Janey) and... Felix for answers, maybe.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Hostile V posted:

We don't need Claptrap now, we have good robots like Loader Bot and Gortys.

It would be utterly perfect if Fragtrap was the mystery vault hunter you can buy for $5000.

I mean, $5000 is chump change for a real vault hunter, so it kind of makes sense. :v:

Edit: Oh holy crap, Loader Bot is the one who says he found him, too, and it would make sense for them both to be robots, it's friggin Claptrap isn't it? :magical:

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 16, 2016

Eldataluta
May 31, 2012
Athena, Janey, Feelix Maybe we can get Felix and Sasha to reconcile.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

CaptianKatsura posted:

Cassius, Felix, and Zer0. We're going team old men. We only have two old men, though, so Zer0 gets to come too. After all, if the UFS card game taught me anything, it's that if someone's age is unknown, then they are every age.

Who knows if Zer0 is even a man? Nobody knows anything about him. Dude's got four fingers on each hand. Could be some kind of alien. :stare:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

Who knows if Zer0 is even a man? Nobody knows anything about him. Dude's got four fingers on each hand. Could be some kind of alien. :stare:

Or a robot, or a mutant...and he's certainly not going to tell anyone who he is.

One of the last DLCs for Borderlands 2 had him get a "gift" that was a message from an apparent rival. All it said was, " 0 < 1 "

Warren Waters
Feb 27, 2011
Athena, Janey, and Felix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

"Don't have a cow, man/Let's go get slushies instead/Then mess with Skinner."

• Locked thread