Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Do you have anything big you're spending on then Zurai? I'd have thought at least Kuja's Glove would merit a glance considering the quality of Kuja 2 in the first place.

100 mythril on the second Tactics event (haven't decided yet whether I'm going more for Delita's armor or Shout, so not sure exactly which of the banners I'll spend on), 100 mythril on Raines 1 (for Hope's BSB, Raines's SSB, Vanille's SSB, and Lightning's SB), 150 on Gilgamesh BSB 1 (for Gilgamesh BSB, Faris BSB, Faris SSB, Bartz SSB, Bartz SB, Krile SSB, and/or Exdeath SSB. Yes, literally every character item on the banner is worth pulling for), 100 on W-BSB Festival Knight banner (for Cecil's BSB, Beatrix's BSB, and whatever other Knight 5 SSBs come with).

If I hadn't pulled Yuffie's Headband, I would have done a 50 mythril pull on Vincent 2. Vincent's Cloak actually makes him a better Dark Zone spammer than enDark'd Kuja/Exdeath.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shishells
May 25, 2012

Is Agrias worth using on my team even though I have none of her unique stuff? I'm missing a 4th physical damage dealer and not sure.

This is typically what I run with -

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
You'd probably be better served with someone that can cover Fullbreak + another breakdown if you're not going to run it on Ramza

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Shoved a bunch of eggs down Relm's throat to get her to 65, brought her along for Chadarnook. Relm's RM3 dropped after clearing the battle with no medals lost. Hell yeah two EXP-boosting RM's for Sundaily!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Topic of Kuja 2 versus Knight BSSB Fest, how do Beatrix's SSB and BSSB compare? The former is apparently really good, with that one Shout meta guide someone linked putting it at second overall between the good damage and the Magic Blink, whereas her BSSB is less damage per target but is AoE and has the Imperil Holy and burst command stuff. Former not having an element could be useful in some situations, too, though obviously Holy's obviously good against things weak to it (which seems to be a lot of things; this is two events in a row where Holy's the thing to have in the Ultimate, among other things).

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'd say the usefulness of the second depends on how much Holy damage the rest of your team is packing. If you also have Cecil's BSB, or Hope's BSB, Beatrix's BSB is a really good pull.

Ideal team for that configuration would probably be something like Beatrix/Pecil/Hope/Penelo, with filler. Penelo can bring Multi Break so you can have anyone with Support 4 in that last slot (probably Terra so that she can bring Alexander to take advantage of Imperil, or Ingus so he can Saint Cross), but if she's too busy healing or you want her to chuck Diagas then uhh a Full Break user in slot 5 then.

Remember that Imperil is useless against targets already weak to Holy.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 16, 2016

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'd say the usefulness of the second depends on how much Holy damage the rest of your team is packing. If you also have Cecil's BSB, or Hope's BSB, Beatrix's BSB is a really good pull.

Ideal team for that configuration would probably be something like Beatrix/Pecil/Hope/Penelo, with filler. Penelo can bring Multi Break so you can have anyone with Support 4 in that last slot (probably Terra so that she can bring Alexander to take advantage of Imperil, or Ingus so he can Saint Cross), but if she's too busy healing or you want her to chuck Diagas then uhh a Full Break user in slot 5 then.

Remember that Imperil is useless against targets already weak to Holy.

On the other hand, targets which are already weak to holy are already turbofucked against a team with Cecil BSB and Hope BSB. I speak from experience :black101:

BTW, there's a bonus to using Imperil which I don't think many people are aware of. When you use Imperil on a neutral target, the target becomes weak to that element. It's only 20% weak instead of 100% weak like normal, but ... that doesn't matter for the Soul Break gauge bonus you get for hitting a weakness. Any gauge-generating action you take which exploits an elemental weakness generates +50% SB gauge. That means most 4 star and up abilities go from 60 gauge to 90 (out of 500 needed for a SB charge).

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I admit that this question is mostly hypothetical; I'm going to shoot for both because Beatrix is my favorite (well, one of them; poor Vivi is sadly losing relevance as Resistance is rising massively though) and getting a permanent +20 ATK on her would be great no matter which of her abilities I actually wind up using.

Thanks for the info, though. That seems useful. Out of curiosity, does Saint Cross generate gauge for two hits, or does it only count for the same as a "normal" attack, such as Banishing Strike, on a tangent from that?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

SB gauge doesn't depend on how many hits the ability has, just whether it hits at all (you get no gauge for a miss).

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
While we're on the subject of stuff that's waaaay off in the future, am I the only one hoping the Double Burst festival banners get substantially remixed for global? Having two BSB relics featured per banner is great and all, but the rest of most of them are pretty underwhelming to me. Banner 1 is a lot of good relics for bad characters (Power Circle and Sphairai are pretty good I guess), Banner 2's got the two Excaliburs and Riot Blade but the BSB relics are mediocre and it has a Cyan relic, Banner 5's got the two Dragoon relics and Marvelous Time which is not especially great for a party-buff SSB. Banners 3 and 4 are pretty good but even they have a couple of underwhelming draws. Hell, I might even say the healer banner is the best one top to bottom of the group.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Hmm, at 33 Mythril right now, and I only have a guaranteed 7 coming in tomorrow...I don't think I'm going to be able to do another 11 pull on Tactics so I guess I'll just do a couple of 3 pulls.

e: Awesome, all 3 star junk. Well, guess no Shout or Tailwind for me, but I did get the Nu Khai Armlet and Defender so I guess I can't complain too much, some people didn't even get that.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 16, 2016

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Lechtansi posted:

OK, that totally worked. Glad to see that I don't need to use my A team all the time (and Sabin is surprisingly effective - i really like him + lifesiphon. 15k damage every few turns, plus boostga).

Now, moving back to FFT and see if i can master there (only got expert last time).

I'm glad to hear it worked out for you! With Divine Guardian, Garnet will probably be your primary White Mage for some time to come, so having the flexibility to use either Sabin's Boostga + Wall RW, or (anything) + Shout RW will be nice for you.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Since getting back in the game one thing that keeps throwing me off is the lack of a buff / debuff icon. Is there any reason why we can't see that stuff? I mean I guess it might make things easier but drat it would be helpful for some of this harder content.

As it is for me now I'll end up seeing something has worn off when one of my dudes drops like a rock.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Niton posted:

I'm glad to hear it worked out for you! With Divine Guardian, Garnet will probably be your primary White Mage for some time to come, so having the flexibility to use either Sabin's Boostga + Wall RW, or (anything) + Shout RW will be nice for you.

The hard part about giving up lenna is that she has both Medicia + Regen AND boostga + hastega. I know that packing that much into a single character is a bit much, but that means i don't have to carry any of that in the rest of my party. I mean, i always run Ramza, which gives me Tailwind, and Garnet would give me Hastega + regen, but that forces me to bring a character that has Hastega every time and I only have Sabin and Galuf that provide Boostga, both of which are lousy characters that i don't have SSBs for. Id much rather run Lenna + all my characters that have SSBs.

Not having native wall means i can't RW shout :(

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Grozz Nuy posted:

While we're on the subject of stuff that's waaaay off in the future, am I the only one hoping the Double Burst festival banners get substantially remixed for global? Having two BSB relics featured per banner is great and all, but the rest of most of them are pretty underwhelming to me. Banner 1 is a lot of good relics for bad characters (Power Circle and Sphairai are pretty good I guess), Banner 2's got the two Excaliburs and Riot Blade but the BSB relics are mediocre and it has a Cyan relic, Banner 5's got the two Dragoon relics and Marvelous Time which is not especially great for a party-buff SSB. Banners 3 and 4 are pretty good but even they have a couple of underwhelming draws. Hell, I might even say the healer banner is the best one top to bottom of the group.

If nothing else, I'm so glad they grouped classes like that so that maybe, finally, finally, I'll be able to get a fist, katana, and spear worth having. Day 1 player and I have 0 5* fists, 0 5* katanas, and only a 1st generation generic FFVI spear with 106 ATK.

In the last few weeks I've gone from having no medicas besides the 4.5* Christmas rod to having Eiko's Flames of Rebirth, Vanille's Oerba's Boon, Yuna's Hymn of the Faith, Ramza's Tailwind, Relm's Painting Dealy, as well as Quistis' Mighty Guard. I also have Y'shtola's Stoneskin II, so I don't think I'm even going to bother pulling on the White Mage lucky draw; there's some serious diminishing returns on getting even more heals.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I sort of like the structure where every banner is themed, although that means even if the relics change, they'll probably be pretty similar.

My upcoming draws will be an 11-pull on Kuja 2, then chasing a Wall (and Hastega) again on BSB fest. Still hoping Shout and SS2 are on the same banner, but I think we're on track for the FFXIV event happening around the same time as BSB fest.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Lechtansi posted:

The hard part about giving up lenna is that she has both Medicia + Regen AND boostga + hastega. I know that packing that much into a single character is a bit much, but that means i don't have to carry any of that in the rest of my party. I mean, i always run Ramza, which gives me Tailwind, and Garnet would give me Hastega + regen, but that forces me to bring a character that has Hastega every time and I only have Sabin and Galuf that provide Boostga, both of which are lousy characters that i don't have SSBs for. Id much rather run Lenna + all my characters that have SSBs.

Not having native wall means i can't RW shout :(

You'd be surprised what Cleansing Strike will let you do - it's another 25% reduction in MAG on top of Breakdown (25%) and Full Break (15%). While it won't work for all content, it'll work for a lot more than you might expect!

I personally think that Medica + Regen isn't a great version of the effect (because it reduces the effective healing of the hi-Regen), but I can certainly see why you'd prefer it. That said, Ramza's Medica is definitely enough if you don't have another SB for him, especially with Divine Guardian.

Niton fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 16, 2016

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Niton posted:

You'd be surprised what Cleansing Strike will let you do - it's another 25% reduction in MAG on top of Breakdown (25%) and Full Break (15%). While it won't work for all content, it'll work for a lot more than you might expect!

I personally think that Medica + Regen isn't a great version of the effect (because it reduces the effective healing of the hi-Regen), but I can certainly see why you'd prefer it. That said, Ramza's Medica is definitely enough if you don't have another SB for him, especially with Divine Guardian.

Yeah, i'm probably focusing too much on defense on my team, but if i get rid of lenna that actually leaves me with less options for the remaining 4 slots.

I have Hand of the Emperor as well, so if i wanted too i could just use that as my Boostga (what % boost is it? 35%?) but i like having HotE + Flames, it feels like a poor mans shout. I also have Ramza's stone throw, so i tend to use that instead of Medica.

Between two SSBs (Leon and Lightning), Hand of the Emperor, With Ramza (Stones + Tailwind), Agrias (Cleansing Strike) and Lenna (Medica, Regen, Flames) i'm pretty much set for most content. I stomped the gently caress out of the last few ultimates.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Tried to get Agrias and Ramza's MCs, I did pretty well up until Gafgarion. I opened with Hallowed Bolt which silenced the Time Mage, so no problems there, and Ramza used Draw Attacks to keep the Knight occupied. I was doing pretty well until Gafgarion went into the back row...at that point, I couldn't hit him since Rydia had used up all her magic, and so he was free to heal himself repeatedly with Shadowblades that did about 2k damage to my team, which I couldn't overcome.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Most people have moved way the hell on from Tactics fights, and understandably so, but I still need to down Wiegraf. I would very much like to get Mastery, but two failed attempts into it, that's most likely impossible. Still, just Saint's Cross and Ramza's MC2 would do just fine, especially since I have exactly one day to save on a ton of Major Orbs. I was thinking of going in with this:

Ramza: lvl57, R2 Power Breakdown, R1 Armor Breakdown, SB: nothing, RM: Warrior's Burden
Rikku: lvl 57, R4 Tempo Flurry, R1 Steal Defense, SB: Slow Buster, RM: poo poo
Sephiroth: lvl 71, R2 Lifesiphon, R3 Retaliate, SSB: Black Materia, RM: Heroic Stance
Yuna: lvl 60, R2 Esuna, R4 Curaga, SB: Sleet :v:, RM: Light of the Fayth
Agrias: lvl 57, R2 Protectga, R4 Double Cut, SSB: Hallowed Bolt, RM: SOLDIER Strike

Designated Hitter: lvl 57 Greg
Potentially usable abilities: R2 Draw Fire, R2 Curaja

Yeah, it's slim pickings. I kinda lucked out with RM access right now, though, and can use any of: Shout, SG, Banishing Blade (Auron's -ATK/DEF) and HotE, as well as Mighty Guard VIII and some other chaff we don't care about. So I thought about going in with HotE, abuse Retaliate with Sephiroth who's my only character who can really hit things hard, and just kind of hope for the best. Both times I've tried before this, I used Greg to Draw Fire and Retaliate with Shout but the damage eventually is just too much and I lose Yuna before too long. If anyone has any other ideas, I'm all ears.

Cape Cod Crab Chip fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 16, 2016

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Schwartzcough posted:

If nothing else, I'm so glad they grouped classes like that so that maybe, finally, finally, I'll be able to get a fist, katana, and spear worth having. Day 1 player and I have 0 5* fists, 0 5* katanas, and only a 1st generation generic FFVI spear with 106 ATK.

In the last few weeks I've gone from having no medicas besides the 4.5* Christmas rod to having Eiko's Flames of Rebirth, Vanille's Oerba's Boon, Yuna's Hymn of the Faith, Ramza's Tailwind, Relm's Painting Dealy, as well as Quistis' Mighty Guard. I also have Y'shtola's Stoneskin II, so I don't think I'm even going to bother pulling on the White Mage lucky draw; there's some serious diminishing returns on getting even more heals.

Haha, I'm in the complete other direction. I have three 5* katanas and four 5* fists (three of which are from one realm!), although I don't have any spears worth mentioning.

pichupal posted:

I sort of like the structure where every banner is themed, although that means even if the relics change, they'll probably be pretty similar.

My upcoming draws will be an 11-pull on Kuja 2, then chasing a Wall (and Hastega) again on BSB fest. Still hoping Shout and SS2 are on the same banner, but I think we're on track for the FFXIV event happening around the same time as BSB fest.

Yeah, I agree that theming the banners is neat and a good idea, I just wish the overall relic quality were a little better on most of them considering every relic is at least an SSB. The Spellblade/Samurai banner is especially disappointing to me since those are two roles with a lot of good characters in them. I also kinda wish the Machinists didn't get paired with Dragoons because Dragoons have a lot of abilities that kind of work at cross purposes.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Did i read that the two abilities we got in the FF6 event can be shattered? Doppleblade and Curaise.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Lechtansi posted:

Did i read that the two abilities we got in the FF6 event can be shattered? Doppleblade and Curaise.

Doppleblade is essentially an AoE shadowsteel that plays friendlier with Shout. It's debatable if it's worth keeping. Curaise is Curaga+Raise tho and why are you using Raise and also not Curaja.

So I have no self-control and will likely funnel all the mythril I get into FFT until it disappears. This time I got a Chameleon Robe which, if nothing else, is another anti-gravity? :confuoot:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Most people have moved way the hell on from Tactics fights, and understandably so, but I still need to down Wiegraf. I would very much like to get Mastery, but two failed attempts into it, that's most likely impossible. Still, just Saint's Cross and Ramza's MC2 would do just fine, especially since I have exactly one day to save on a ton of Major Orbs. I was thinking of going in with this:

Ramza: lvl57, R2 Power Breakdown, R1 Armor Breakdown, SB: nothing, RM: Warrior's Burden
Sephiroth: lvl 71, R2 Lifesiphon, R3 Retaliate, SSB: Black Materia, RM: Heroic Stance
Agrias: lvl 57, R2 Protectga, R4 Double Cut, SSB: Hallowed Bolt, RM: SOLDIER Strike

Yeah, it's slim pickings. I kinda lucked out with RM access right now, though, and can use any of: Shout, SG, Banishing Blade (Auron's -ATK/DEF) and HotE, as well as Mighty Guard VIII and some other chaff we don't care about. So I thought about going in with HotE, abuse Retaliate with Sephiroth who's my only character who can really hit things hard, and just kind of hope for the best. Both times I've tried before this, I used Greg to Draw Fire and Retaliate with Shout but the damage eventually is just too much and I lose Yuna before too long. If anyone has any other ideas, I'm all ears.

Have you tried the old Advantilate strategy? Or tauntilate+advance even for this fight though it takes a few turns to set up. It's when you give your best weapon to a retaliator and have the rest of the party attack him, causing him to counterattack the enemy. It's not the big winning strategy anymore but it is still useful. Also you have a Defender so you have a synergy sword for tactics so it could work for you. Also it's great for bypassing counterattacks.

This is basically the strategy that got me through a looong period of not pulling and having dog poo poo synergy while saving up for SSBfest and Tactics.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

Yeah, I agree that theming the banners is neat and a good idea, I just wish the overall relic quality were a little better on most of them considering every relic is at least an SSB. The Spellblade/Samurai banner is especially disappointing to me since those are two roles with a lot of good characters in them. I also kinda wish the Machinists didn't get paired with Dragoons because Dragoons have a lot of abilities that kind of work at cross purposes.

Actually, the SpellSamurai banner is the way it is because those are literally the only options for SSBs for characters with Samurai 5 and/or Spellblade 5, except Tyro. They could have put Yoshiyuki/Cutting Trigger in there instead of Wol's SSB (he's the only non-5 star ability character in any of the banners) but then Seph/Squall would have two relics on it. There were only 4 Samurai 5 characters and 4 Spellblade 5 characters at that time, and one of the Spellblades was just released and thus not eligible to be on the banner (Delita) while one of the Samurais was just about to get an event and thus not eligible (Gilgamesh).

Zurai fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 16, 2016

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Have you tried the old Advantilate strategy? Or tauntilate+advance even for this fight though it takes a few turns to set up. It's when you give your best weapon to a retaliator and have the rest of the party attack him, causing him to counterattack the enemy. It's not the big winning strategy anymore but it is still useful. Also you have a Defender so you have a synergy sword for tactics so it could work for you. Also it's great for bypassing counterattacks.

This is basically the strategy that got me through a looong period of not pulling and having dog poo poo synergy while saving up for SSBfest and Tactics.

I'm aware of it but have not tried it, no. I'm just kind of thinking that using Advance is going to very me very, very murdered. I used Shout before this and I'm just not sure I can live without some sort of Defense buff and I'm definitely none too thrilled about the idea of my Advantaliator getting hit by an ability that sneaks past Draw Fire. Still, could be worth a shot. I have roughly ten attempts left before the event goes away so if my current plan goes tits up, I may give that one a whirl.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

What do you mean by "designated hitter"? Are you summoning a Giglamesh Roaming Warrior? If so, stop it.

So, Armor Breakdown and Steal Defense overwrite each other, so there's no point in bringing both. And Steal Defense is bad, so hopefully you can get something better on Rikku than that (or don't bring Rikku). I also recommend using something like Draw Fire + Advantaliate on Gilgamesh. If you have everyone attack Gilg, then you shouldn't be getting countered very often and probably don't need Esuna. That will also neuter most of Wiegraff's offense when he's in the front row as well. With Advance and the Defender, Gilgamesh should certainly be over the soft attack cap.

So drop Rikku, and strange as it is, drop Agrias and put the Protectga on Yuna instead of Esuna. Replace them with Gilgamesh and Auron. Do you have any of the "Start with a SB gauge" RMs? It'd be great to start with Banishing Blade, which will stack with Armor Breakdown and let you do some pretty crazy damage. Plus it reduces all his attack damage, and paired with Protectga and Power Breakdown is probably enough to keep his damage very manageable. Honing Armor Breakdown will probably help if you can.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

"Designated Hitter" just meant someone I have on the bench. Level 57 Gilgamesh is the only other character I have who could potentially contribute anything. I guess I also have 57 Tyro, but no SB Tyro feels like it won't get me very far. I don't have Auron so that's not an option, just realized I wrote RM instead of RW which is my bad. So, yeah, no Auron. No Dr. Mog's Teachings or Mako Might, either.

Why yes my poo poo is terrible.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
drat it I can't stop blowing my mithril on fft, I'm 1/48 now someone stop me

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Fresh SBs from the JP client:

Rikku's BSSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-9C2nPga2M

Paine's SSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tRa4dyGT1Q

Kimahri's SSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwC1q1OodTc

Setzer's SSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQx4rD_51Qs

Relm's latest SB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyFxUsr3mWw

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Zurai posted:

Actually, the SpellSamurai banner is the way it is because those are literally the only options for SSBs for characters with Samurai 5 and/or Spellblade 5, except Tyro. They could have put Yoshiyuki/Cutting Trigger in there instead of Wol's SSB (he's the only non-5 star ability character in any of the banners) but then Seph/Squall would have two relics on it. There were only 4 Samurai 5 characters and 4 Spellblade 5 characters at that time, and one of the Spellblades was just released and thus not eligible to be on the banner (Delita) while one of the Samurais was just about to get an event and thus not eligible (Gilgamesh).

Well, hopefully the slightly compressed timeline in global means that we'll get Gilgamesh's BSB (or Celes' but that seems unlikely since it'll be in roughly the place that Delita's event was in Japan relative to the festival) replacing one of the two and Cutting Trigger/Yoshiyuki/Coral Sword replacing Wol's and Cyan's relics because that would make the whole banner a lot better. For that matter, Romanda Gun replacing Sirius Sidearms would make Banner 5 better too, and Mustadio is much more of a Machinist character than Sazh to begin with.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Inge posted:

There's a good chance the items will be on the BSB banner, but separated. And the next Tactics event should have every item return except the Grand Armor (and the shared SBs). Kaiser Shield is in the first banner, and Plat Sword/Defender/Nu Khai in the second. Might as well delay your disappointment, and maybe walk out with something nice.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Inge posted:

Just let it go, it'll be months before there's more Tactics content even if you got anything. Sure the characters are good, but there's going to be a lot more great SBs to come and they'll get synergy in realms that are supported far more frequently. I would be kicking myself if I hadn't gotten Kaiser Shield from the last 11-draw I did, because I would have spent 300 mythril and had 1 unique SB to show for it.

e: and yeah, like pichupal said, there's a good chance that Platinum Sword and Kaiser Shield will be on the festival banners with relics that are actually useful outside of FFT. You'll have to wait for a while but you can always RW Shout in the meantime if you have wall and party heals of your own.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 16, 2016

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

With the double greens stuff starting tomorrow, is it a good idea to just ignore the stages earlier than ++ for now? I've been doing all the ones before the ++ stages up to now, but maybe I should ignore those other ones now until they're at a time when double greens isnt in effect.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Nice job getting all these penalties Nashville :suicide:

EDIT: ahahahaha wrong board and everything

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 16, 2016

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Nice job getting all these penalties Nashville :suicide:

The capitals will lose to the Penguins.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I need FF6 synergy too badly to pull on Tactics anymore. I'll just have to be satisfied with my stick and robe

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Kawalimus posted:

The capitals will lose to the Penguins.

I'll cut you.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Agrias120 posted:

I'll cut you.

Well maybe this year could be different. The Ovechkin's Stick they pulled off that banner some time ago gave them the physical damage to get them through most of the events, but all you needed was good mitigation and they were beaten. But now they have some more mitigation and better overall synergy themselves so we'll see. I'm doubtful but the Ravens did beat the Steelers in the playoffs recently so it could happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Kawalimus posted:

Well maybe this year could be different. The Ovechkin's Stick they pulled off that banner some time ago gave them the physical damage to get them through most of the events, but all you needed was good mitigation and they were beaten. But now they have some more mitigation and better overall synergy themselves so we'll see. I'm doubtful but the Ravens did beat the Steelers in the playoffs recently so it could happen.

They got Williams from a recent event, and the Kuznetsov MC2 / Burakovsky MC1 they got might help them out, too. I have faith.

• Locked thread