Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The ED does have a definitive JJL reference, which is super neat.

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Morioh_(Part_8)

between that, the mention of beef tongue in the first episode, and the flash of black fire in jonathan's eyes in the phantom blood OP i'm really confident that they know the material front to back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

http://jojo-animation.com/bddvd/04.html

It's listed on here. It says, via google translate, really going to eat Italian Food.

I hope it's Yuki Ono and Wataru Takagi eating italian food dressed as the boys

I would die of joy.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they kind of messed up the flowerpot thing. Shouldn't they have gone flying as soon as josuke teleported

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Stairmaster posted:

they kind of messed up the flowerpot thing. Shouldn't they have gone flying as soon as josuke teleported

if they did that then josuke wouldn't get to call okuyasu dumb again and okuyasu wouldn't have been able to react cause his face would be caved in by plants

they had to wait to move so that josuke and okuyasu could have a bit of dialogue

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Condiv posted:

if they did that then josuke wouldn't get to call okuyasu dumb again and okuyasu wouldn't have been able to react cause his face would be caved in by plants

time doesn't move if you're talking in jojo

alternatively: have him say that before the space is erased

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The machine gun sounds in Keicho's theme though.

Bad Company is one of my favorite stands and they are fuckin killing it on this poo poo God drat

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Million Ghosts posted:

i feel you may have some bias

all in all the duwang gang are good dudes who like to do hoodrat poo poo occasionally

Josuke and Okuyasu loving poo poo up is always good, of course

e: oh and I think someone established this but the beef tongue reference is 1st chapter nijimura

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 16, 2016

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Josuke and Okuyasu loving poo poo up is always good, of course

It didn't register until now that there is going to be an episode on Superfly and Stray Cat. I can't wait to see the reactions to that.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Superfly is a real weird fight, i'm super curious to see what they do with the mask/face thing

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Josuke and Okuyasu probably smoke weed together, get some subs from Saint Gentlemans and go out to the abandoned lot and break old cars, there's going to be an OVA about this.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Moltrey posted:

Josuke and Okuyasu probably smoke weed together, get some subs from Saint Gentlemans and go out to the abandoned lot and break old cars, there's going to be an OVA about this.

Lots of people like to think of Josuke deciding to be a cop eventually like his gramps and while that makes a lot of sense and seems like a logical choice (moreso than the other popular one, Dr. Josuke, which I think would just end poorly for everyone) I feel like I always sort of resist that idea because Josuke is still a lawbreaker at heart who probably spends a lot of his post-Kira young adult life doing a lot of dumb, illegal poo poo with Okuyasu

Then again it's not like he can't do both

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Josuke and Okuyasu are the epitome of those 2 dudes you knew in highschool who were decent guys but did a lot of stupid poo poo out of boredom

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Trailer Park Boys is the end result of Part 4

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hey I'm Josuke, this is jackass, and this is the motorcycle vault

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Million Ghosts posted:

Josuke and Okuyasu are the epitome of those 2 dudes you knew in highschool who were decent guys but did a lot of stupid poo poo out of boredom

There's a reason I identify very strongly with them just as a duo. I was a dipshit highschool punk who almost got picked up by the cops several times for doing extremely stupid things that were harmless but still, y'know, not a smart thing to do, all the result of "dude, you know what would be loving hilarious?" type conversations

They are the people who bring a kiddie pool to 7/11's Bring Your Own Slurpee Cup Day

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
So that makes Koichi the voice of reason, except when it comes to things like his debt collector manservant and his psychotic girlfriend?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

There's a reason I identify very strongly with them just as a duo. I was a dipshit highschool punk who almost got picked up by the cops several times for doing extremely stupid things that were harmless but still, y'know, not a smart thing to do, all the result of "dude, you know what would be loving hilarious?" type conversations

They are the people who bring a kiddie pool to 7/11's Bring Your Own Slurpee Cup Day

me too man, growing up in a tiny town means making your own fun through bad ideas. and morioh isn't exactly a bustling city.

koichi is the friend who doesn't take part in shenanigans but makes supremely awful life choices instead.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

To be honest a kiddie pool full of Slurpee would compliment their Stands extremely well and would've been enough to defeat Kira. Okuyasu would force Kira to drink it by using The Hand, Josuke can fix it into being solid ice.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

This is really late of me, but thank you. :unsmith:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They could just give Kira a huge rear end brain freeze

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Lots of people like to think of Josuke deciding to be a cop eventually like his gramps and while that makes a lot of sense and seems like a logical choice (moreso than the other popular one, Dr. Josuke, which I think would just end poorly for everyone) I feel like I always sort of resist that idea because Josuke is still a lawbreaker at heart who probably spends a lot of his post-Kira young adult life doing a lot of dumb, illegal poo poo with Okuyasu

Then again it's not like he can't do both

Given how ~stand users are drawn together~ and Morioh in general it's not like one doesn't naturally lead into the other.

Like they're just chilling out and Okuyasu picks up five bucks off the ground and suddenly some rear end in a top hat leaps out of the bushes screaming "YOU'VE ACTIVATED THE EFFECTS OF MY STAND, [Bitches Ain't poo poo]" and everyone's balls turn into frogs. Punch him a bunch, haul him off to jail, collect paycheck, resume loving around until next rear end in a top hat shows up.

It's a pretty good gig if you can ignore the occasional croaking balls.

EDIT: Dr. Jojo would be amazing if it led to Trauma Center-style magical bullshit viruses that taunt you.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Regarding the projected number of episodes, a lot of the fights in Part 4 have more "Organic" chapter counts than in Part 3 where almost everything was always either three or six chapters with only a handful of exceptions. Part 3 is also very strongly compartmentalized whereas a lot of the encounters in part 4 flow more naturally into one another (though Araki never fully shakes breaking things up by fights).

All this to say I could easily see them fitting everything into 39 episodes now that we've seen how they plan on handling the pacing.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, we've already seen to some extent how they're able to divide things up in a nice way while also not really wasting any time. next week's episode is most definitely going to end either with keicho dying or right before he dies, because okuyasu has already been taken care of and they have the full episode to handle those events. the week after that will most likely have an Echoes title, i'd wager. with the way things in stardust crusaders were handled they couldn't exactly cleanly divide things up without compartmentalizing fights into very distinct chunks, but i think they have more freedom to stuff things into episodes of DiU where they want as long as they cut off at decent places.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm slowly coming around on the 39 episodes idea as I get the There Could Be Nine More Episodes I'm Not Getting. Part 4 not hard locking every encounter into it's own episode and only that and having Angelo be finished off in this one, leaving only half the episode to the Nijimura Brothers just gives it a more dynamic flow that should be fun.

JoJo is the only anime I've ever followed that's more than 12 or 13 episodes, so is there likely to be a break like there was for the second half of Part 3 or we really locked into 36 more Fridays in a row?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blu-ray release dates given have little room for hiatus.

Naturally, delays can happen

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if they were going to cut anything then tonio would probably be one of the first on the chopping block, but we know for a fact he's in so no matter the episode count i'm pretty confident they'll get everything in there.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'm gonna say it: Part 3 was too long, but they really couldn't have made it any other way.

I still consider the manga to be exceedingly well-paced, but the anime kept having to drag certain encounters out to fill airtime, which is simply the nature of the beast.

If David Productions can pull off Part 4 in 39 episodes, God bless 'em.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Moltrey posted:

I'm slowly coming around on the 39 episodes idea as I get the There Could Be Nine More Episodes I'm Not Getting. Part 4 not hard locking every encounter into it's own episode and only that and having Angelo be finished off in this one, leaving only half the episode to the Nijimura Brothers just gives it a more dynamic flow that should be fun.

JoJo is the only anime I've ever followed that's more than 12 or 13 episodes, so is there likely to be a break like there was for the second half of Part 3 or we really locked into 36 more Fridays in a row?

At this point, it's totally unknown.

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm gonna say it: Part 3 was too long, but they really couldn't have made it any other way.

I still consider the manga to be exceedingly well-paced, but the anime kept having to drag certain encounters out to fill airtime, which is simply the nature of the beast.

If David Productions can pull off Part 4 in 39 episodes, God bless 'em.

Yeah, all I care about is nothing is getting cut from it, and that's confirmed, so I place my full faith in David to deliver.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

if they were going to cut anything then tonio would probably be one of the first on the chopping block, but we know for a fact he's in so no matter the episode count i'm pretty confident they'll get everything in there.

Considering that the Josuke bit in OP1 was Italian Food and Highway Star, it's probably equally loved for being iconic at home as it is abroad, so that probably means it's indispensable.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Part 3 and 4 are peak Jojo, Part 7 is transcendent.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if i die before davidpro does SBR i'll haunt the thread

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Sometimes I worry I'll die before the next Friday and never see Kira scenes animated and it's a terrifiying way to live.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I'm late to the party but Dr. Josuke doesn't work for me, too formal.

Paramedic Josuke on the other hand seems Great. Cruising around in an ambulance, fixing people's bones, making things better.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The ambulance driver that backed over Kira was future Josuke minutes after he saved Kid Josuke from the car.

This is a bad headcanon.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Roach Warehouse posted:

I'm late to the party but Dr. Josuke doesn't work for me, too formal.

Paramedic Josuke on the other hand seems Great. Cruising around in an ambulance, fixing people's bones, making things better.

"Dr. Higashikata even if he IS completely fine now "we saw a sweet jump" is not a valid excuse for the patient dying 3 more times during transit"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The paramedic drivImg the ambulance was Lelouch

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Baal posted:

The paramedic drivImg the ambulance was Lelouch

finally, my fanfiction is canonized

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheKingofSprings posted:

There are at least 3 other candidates for the best thing in Part 4

This isn't the place to have that argument though

We are now having this argument

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I love literally every goddamn time Kira is on screen but Josuke spending like 80% of a fight on a motorcycle doing sick tricks is the Coolest poo poo in Part 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love the poo poo out of Part 4 and everything in it that isn't Yukako and Koichi's stupid faces, but when Josuke vaults over the baby and mom after destroying the motorcycle and reforms it without losing speed my heart skips a beat