Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
the reddit thread bitching about the mound makers is the pussiest poo poo ive ever read. who the gently caress are these retards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

That guy beat 90% of the game for a +10 weapon at sl1 so he should have the right to one shot your pansy rear end.

if theyre good they could kick my rear end without a huge advantage ;)

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

There's some of us that are playing Dark Souls, and some of us that are playing Dick Souls.
Which is fine, I mean, the game's sort of built around being a dick. FWIW I'm not summoning a purple - ever - because I know how it's going to go 99.9% of the time - It might as well be a red phantom, and unless I'm looking for a duel I'm sure not going to summon one.
You are right, this is going to kill the covenant long-term, but I don't really know what the developers expect. That said, might as well grind for that katana while it's still viable.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i cannot wait to make a deprived and do the exact same str+fth build but this time better educated and beating every quest

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

There's some of us that are playing Dark Souls, and some of us that are playing Dick Souls.
Which is fine, I mean, the game's sort of built around being a dick. FWIW I'm not summoning a purple - ever - because I know how it's going to go 99.9% of the time - It might as well be a red phantom, and unless I'm looking for a duel I'm sure not going to summon one.
You are right, this is going to kill the covenant long-term, but I don't really know what the developers expect. That said, might as well grind for that katana while it's still viable.

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

jfc lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

if theyre good they could kick my rear end without a huge advantage ;)

I just think it's a cool cross section of the single player/multi player components. And when you die to an invader it's really not that big of a deal, weird that they would continue adding restrictions to that aspect

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

jfc

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Purpbros are chill.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It seems like long term it's going to make it like DS2 where the only time you're ever invaded is NG+ which isn't as fun to me. At least better than Bloodborne where I think I was invaded once in 100+ hours of game time

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im gonna put on thew hite ring as a moundbro nd kick that guy's rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got owned by 3 guys because they were summons and wearing something I guess that made them all look like the host which was cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also just saw I had cross region toggled to off :doh:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Also just saw I had cross region toggled to off :doh:

:pusheen:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Abyss watchers is a totally insane fight and I'm wondering how I'm going to solo it

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

In Training posted:

Abyss watchers is a totally insane fight and I'm wondering how I'm going to solo it

i dont remember how many estus i had when i did it solo but i finished with 0 and maybe 10 hp left. pretty intense + win

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I think the watchdogs covenant is just broken. Sigh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was working all week, and I haven't leveled up or changed my loadout, but now I get Invading... messages followed by Failed to Connect

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I wish they would patch today isntead of Monday.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

a Loving Dog posted:

i dont remember how many estus i had when i did it solo but i finished with 0 and maybe 10 hp left. pretty intense + win

You know it's gonna be a brutal boss fight when you're going to Andre and begging he convert all your ashen estus into normal cause you really need those extra two heals

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
That feel when you invade and find a twinkling lizard and know the host hasn't been down this hallway yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finally got an invasion and it hard crashed the game and my PS4 turned off lmao.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I finally got an invasion and it hard crashed the game and my PS4 turned off lmao.

brutal

if i invade a host and they have a full party just waiting for prey to show up , ill usually hang back and let backup come in. im pretty sure hosts with multiple phantoms attract more invaders, or it def feels this way

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
every time i summon someone or get invaded or see a player ghost or basically any time im seeing another player they don't have any animations and just slide around and when there summoned to my world all the enemies stop having animations too and i really want it to stop happening.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

every time i summon someone or get invaded or see a player ghost or basically any time im seeing another player they don't have any animations and just slide around and when there summoned to my world all the enemies stop having animations too and i really want it to stop happening.

It was happening all day for me a while ago and it's only happened twice since then. I don't have any helpful advice however

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Is there anything to do in the chapel post-deacons?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

yeah they need to patch online bad. the only glitches ive had are the watchdogs and sentinels not working thankfully. aldritch works great, i get failed to connect like 15% of the time maybe though

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

killing ppl then doing the slav squat is my favorite thing in the world right now

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
[In mock Italian accent] this ah game, she a magnificent!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
darkmoon covenant has given me one hit in hours of use hut it was an awesome fight

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
People are starting to pull the plug when I come into their world and start loving their poo poo up lol, it's good to be back.

Somewhere in the Farron Keep swamp area, there's a Dark Wraith (not the ones behind the big door to Abyss Watchers) can anyone give me directions to him?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

People are starting to pull the plug when I come into their world and start loving their poo poo up lol, it's good to be back.

Somewhere in the Farron Keep swamp area, there's a Dark Wraith (not the ones behind the big door to Abyss Watchers) can anyone give me directions to him?

basically hang left in the swamp right when you enter, you'll see in a few seconds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The forest is popping off now

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

sigh, i think im gonna have to farm the rewards for sentinels/darkmoon and watchdogs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

what's your go to pvp win gesture? Mine is Point Down on their corpse

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

In Training posted:

what's your go to pvp win gesture? Mine is Point Down on their corpse

Dignified Bow.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
toast

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Applause while walking in circles around their body, or curling up into a ball.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sometimes the "Im sorry" stone as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Jesus Christ these skeletons are not playing around

• Locked thread