Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:golfclap:

e:

tortoise shell cattes are the best cattes

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Scruffpuff posted:

Two of the very best things about her being in SQ42:

1) Not being in the credits at the end of the Admiral Paarp speech
2) Forbes ending their SQ42 article with the phrase: "Here is a COMPLETE list of the actors in SQ42" and then listing everyone but her

Honorable Mention to the German article that put her picture at the very end with the caption "she is not actually an actress but the wife of the CEO"

Haha I forgot about that stuff. She has quite a history with the Germans.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Aw, shucks.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Why do you have Ryan Archer for your avatar?

Also, lol

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
Derek post the Goonama Papers which reveal the identities of CIG shills

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Turd Burglar posted:

Derek post the Goonama Papers which reveal the identities of CIG shills

No point, I've already verified he's a CiG shill

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Also, lol

Ryan Archer stole Edward Elizabeth Hitler's look. An odd choice of cosplay, but not without its charms.

Sunswipe fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 16, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Toops posted:

You loving SUUUUCKKKKKKK

Seriously? You pissed off TOOPS now? Not sure how you are doing it, but this is getting to epic level idiocy.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Found one of Archer's baby photos when he was an aspiring artist.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I bought a POTATO

then i ate it

I have a whole fleet in my kitchen. Everything from snub fighter on up.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I imagine Sandi walks in the office, hung over and strung out, every morning about 0945 and this is the soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ1qHsw_V1s

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Oh Ben... Why the gently caress would you put your wank image gallery online? And why the hell didn't you scrub your online history as soon as you got a public facing job?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

AP posted:

This isn't the $15 thing but separate. We saw this a while back, though CIG backed down in that case as reddit was concerned. It appears that when CIG get hit with a chargeback or some kind of credit card fraud whatever and the purchased ships have been transferred/sold, CIG bans the account and goes after the new owner ship for the money. Now this is really punishing the wrong person, there's only a very slim chance that the buyer was involved in the fraud, as given an active 2nd hand market it makes more sense for a criminal to avoid the accounts of anyone he knows and get clean cash that can't be recalled.

So basically, CIG's first response is to go after someone innocent for the money, now I think that's pretty lovely but maybe you can argue it's understandable, however think about the hundreds of free ships CIG has sent out for competitions or to twitch streamers whatever, they can do that because normally it's a single ship not a package, so the guy will need to buy a game package anyway, meaning net cost to CIG is zero.

On the 2nd hand market most trades are for single ships too, so CIG could investigate, as they'll have to anyway when the buyer complains, then waive the cost of the ship and advise the person not to buy anything again on the 2nd hand market, the cost to CIG of doing this would be zero and it would generate goodwill instead.

The reason they don't I suspect is because everyone who works in customer/legal support & community teams are lovely people. We'll only hear about a small number of these cases as most people won't complain.

Because the backers are a RESOURCE, AN ASSET. Not PEOPLE, silly billy.

(And that's why one might complain the gift flow is drying up. Assets generally don't have decision making abilities.)

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes

I'm having trouble handling the cringe

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/discolando/status/721161815686656003

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Toops posted:

"Nope. Do the hair again, this time in the mesh."

"And we've ummm discussed ahhhhhh normal maps, right? Errrrrr, we know that only erm evil publishers, cheating leavers, and ummmmm Goons use those. Are you an evil publisher, ahhhhh cheating leaver, or ummmm goon?"

"Well, sirrrrrrr...."

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

This moves way too fast for the casual rubbernecker. Every time i check in there's 1000 pages. Is there a summary of what's happened in the last month or so? Or a page number with some really salacious stuff? I want to watch this all fall apart but I just don't have the time.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
I am working on a new bombshell blog that revolves around the following:

1) Foundry 42 is not a registered company in Germany. This has been 100% confirmed by my researchers. Which means that they may be operating there illegally

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/contact

Nope, no listing: https://www.unternehmensregister.de/ureg/?submitaction=language&language=en

2) Twin Bros GmBH, Ortwin's company in Germany, is deep in the Red. Public records show he hasn't filed financials since 2012.

3) Ortwin has not filed taxes for his company since 2012. Curiously, that was when the Star Citizen KS went live and money started rolling in

Under German law, Twin Bros. GmbH is a "Kleine Kapitalgesellschaft", "Small Corporation". And like in the US, they are required to publish financial records at most 9 months after the end of the financial year.

4) So, a company that hasn't filed taxes in Germany, is accepting money obo of a US company, which has a studio (F42, Germany) that is not registered to operate as a business in Germany; and which has NO relation to the registered Germany company

In the e.g below, it is clear where the Red flag is:

http://www.gamestar.de/community/gspinboard/showthread.php?p=15169021

Question from a backer, in German:

"I paid via PayPal to a company called Twin Bros. GMBH. Is that right?" [Winterschläfer, 18.11.2012, 12:54]

Answer from user "Shaqille", 18.11.2012, 13:03:

"Yes, that is a financial services provider from Augsburg [where Twin Bros is registered] that manages payments for Star Citizen in Germany."

That user was paying money to a company deep in the red. Which also happens to be not a "financial services company" at all. Which also didn't file their annual tax statements despite trading in public business, receiving money via PayPal.

Under German law, businesses must show evidence that they actually rendered services or goods in exchange for incoming money.

There's more to this - and it's major. But you have to wait for the blog.

Also, I have - in my possession - what I believe to be very damning evidence (I am awaiting data analytics from a guy I hired today) that the funding chart is bullshit and that it's being manipulated by CIG to show the appearance of growth and interest in the project. We've all suspected this for awhile, but no way to "prove" it. So when I got a new tip in the past 24hrs, I went digging again. Legal said "Don't you loving think about it without some data". So I had to hire a guy who does this stuff for a living.

Those fuckers at CIG. I'm going to start sending them invoices for this poo poo.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 18, 2016

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Greetings from p3239

IT'S SHITPOSTING TIME!!!

Derek, I know it is risky to pump inside sources for information, but can you try to find the origin of the mysterious account closing and ransom notes from CIG? Is that a desperate attempt to make more money by closing off the Grey Market? Are they searching for your accounts by deleting old / inactive accounts? I am very curious about this new turn of CIG behavior.

Closing backer accounts without any warning and/or charging $15 out of the blue makes the company look pretty desperate.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

cocaine dad show posted:

When I was 9 it was discovered my right eye was extremely hosed up and I had to have immediate surgery to save it, I had to wear an eye patch for some time after and the sight was still nearly gone. While I was in hospital a kindly relative bought me a big bar of galaxy chocolate and a huge stuffed Tasmanian devil because I really liked the looney tunes Tasmanian devil as a nine year old. Imagine if I had the same magical thinking and decided my sight was restored because of the looney tunes taz character and I wore the space jam logo as a necklace and got Michael Jordan tattooed on me

Well, at least you would know for sure it was time to get up and slam now. So there's that.

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Also, lol

I can't believe you compared Ryan archer to Bottom.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
well hello

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

:allears:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

I started to argue with this by going "What kind of drugs would be in a first aid kit that you could joke about stealing"

Then I realized he's at CIG and probably has emergency supplies of cocaine to shovel up Chris' nose when he's stuttered himself into a coma

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Toops posted:

Yes.

This is true, I actually cut out a section where I made a joke and referred to "PBR" as "Paaarp's Blue Ribbon."

I just just didn't nail the delivery. Anyway look the point is, your instincts were dead-on and you should be proud.

Did I disappoint you by drinking Mountain Dew out of a room temperature, partially consumed 2 litre then?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Derek slams into the thread like a rod from god.

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Also, I have - in my possession - what I believe to be very damning evidence (I am awaiting data analytics from a guy I hired today) that the funding chart is bullshit and that it's being manipulated by CIG to show the appearance of growth and interest in the project. We've all suspected this for awhile, but no way to "prove" it. So when I got a new tip in the past 24hrs, I went digging again. Legal said "Don't you loving think about it without some data". So I had to hire a guy who does this stuff for a living.

Those fuckers at CIG. I'm going to start sending them invoices for this poo poo.

:drat:

The faked funding graph? That is an E.L.E. by itself. Twin Bros GmbH? Another E.L.E. Wow.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
hello sandi. hello toast. hello r/dereksmart. hello lando. hello lesnick.

hello to everyone.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

D_Smart posted:

1) Foundry 42 is not a registered company in Germany. This has been 100% confirmed by my researchers. Which means that they are operating illegally

Nope, no listing: https://www.unternehmensregister.de/ureg/?submitaction=language&language=en

2) Twin Bros GmBH, Ortwin's company in Germany, is deep in the Red. Public records show he hasn't filed financials since 2012.

3) Ortwin has not filed taxes for his company since 2012. Curiously, that was when the Star Citizen KS went live and money started rolling in

Under German law, Twin Bros. GmbH is a "Kleine Kapitalgesellschaft", "Small Corporation". And like in the US, they are required to publish financial records at most 9 months after the end of the financial year.

4) So, a company that hasn't filed taxes in Germany, is accepting money obo of a US project, which has a division (F42, Germany) that is not registered to operate as a business in Germany; and which has NO relation to the registered Germany company

"I paid via PayPal to a company called Twin Bros. GMBH. Is that right?" [Winterschläfer, 18.11.2012, 12:54]

"Yes, that is a financial services provider from Augsburg [where Twin Bros is registered] that manages payments for Star Citizen in Germany."

That user was paying money to a company deep in the red. Which also happens to be not a "financial services company" at all. Which also didn't file their annual tax statements despite trading in public business, receiving money via PayPal.

Under German law, businesses must show evidence that they actually rendered services or goods in exchange for incoming money.

I repeat.

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016
Who has :parpcorn: ?

Derek - when do you forward this to the German tax authorities? Is CIG not paying payroll taxes for their Foundry 42 in Germany?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

D_Smart posted:

1) Foundry 42 is not a registered company in Germany. This has been 100% confirmed by my researchers. Which means that they are operating illegally

4) So, a company that hasn't filed taxes in Germany, is accepting money obo of a US company, which has a studio (F42, Germany) that is not registered to operate as a business in Germany; and which has NO relation to the registered Germany company

:vince:

Do you have a room with wall-to-wall posterboard, and thumbtacks connected with yarn?

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016

Haha who found that?anyone notice the Gourami fish bubble bottom off the page changes each time you visit the page?

Wop de woo was de waz wop-the book off loaf

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sperglord posted:

Derek, I know it is risky to pump inside sources for information, but can you try to find the origin of the mysterious account closing and ransom notes from CIG? Is that a desperate attempt to make more money by closing off the Grey Market? Are they searching for your accounts by deleting old / inactive accounts? I am very curious about this new turn of CIG behavior.

Closing backer accounts without any warning and/or charging $15 out of the blue makes the company look pretty desperate.

I already know the answer to that one, having spoken to my sources. We had a discussion in my private Discord channel today.

They saw my blog that I had ships. They freaked out because it means that I now have "standing" to sue them after May 31st; and which they think is what I alluded to in my blog about the May visit to a Federal (I didn't say which) building.

In between freaking out and calling me names, someone had the brilliant idea that the only way I could possibly have ships - especially since I "thanked" everyone - was by buying through Grey market, or being gifted.

less than 48hrs later?

- accounts getting locked

- resolution fee enforced

It's worse than that, but I can't explain the rest without further verification. Especially since we now have irrefutable evidence that CIG management and staff, have accounts here.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lord Kinbote posted:

I can't believe you compared Ryan archer to Bottom.

I'm loving extreme like that.

How extreme? I want to be just like Eonwe when I grow up!

I just got to Let Me loving Finish code. :masterstroke:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Sometimes I think it's actually Chris who's being set up to be the fall guy in all this. Sandi and Ortwin will disappear into the night as the feds close in, and Chris will be left by himself, looking around confusedly while waving his hands around saying, "What happened? Where is everyone? I'm developing a game!"

It's kind of the perfect plan. Chris is stupid enough to have bought his own press - every day that guy goes to work thinking he's running a company. Since he's the CEO, nobody will believe that he wasn't 100% complicit, and he'll take all the heat, while the real criminals get away.

The film based on the story will be called "To Kill a Procedurally-Generated Mockingbird".

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo. Slow down, Derek, before I have a heart attack.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Ben Lesnick and his 1200 pictures of that reporter have sort of overshadowed the 15 dollar account ransom story which I think is a really big deal.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sperglord posted:

Who has :parpcorn: ?

Derek - when do you forward this to the German tax authorities? Is CIG not paying payroll taxes for their Foundry 42 in Germany?

My researcher in Germany has a phone call appointment with them next Wednesday. I have already approved the reporting of everything to the authorities there. Same thing we did in the UK three weeks ago. All of which are part of the on-going the E.L.E they (CIG) set in motion.

In May, three Federal agencies are going to get a gift from the Gods.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/721130765602267137

CaptainZyloh is a Community Manager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm loving extreme like that.

How extreme? I want to be just like Eonwe when I grow up!

I just got to Let Me loving Finish code. :masterstroke:

If you say so.I don't really know Eonwe I just know some pleb spend lots of money shitposting his Avatar lol

Literally a jpeg.

• Locked thread