Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

gently caress two worlds if it's all the same to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

What about Nehrim, that one Oblivion mod?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dragon's Dogma, do you not listen?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dark Souls chat: A guy summoned me to help with a tough boss, but towards the end I died, then two seconds later he died, but then the boss died at the same time. So much death, I hope guy who summoned me got credit for the kill, rip

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Dragon's Dogma, do you not listen?

Dragon's Dogma is on my to-buy list, but I'm also very curious about Nehrim, a mod which would cost no money for a game that I already own.

Jeez!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Oblivion engine probably hasn't aged well

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Didn't you do an Oblivion LP? You should know better than any of us

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
There's a toast emote in Dark Souls 3 and it is making my day. The joy I get when I toast after a boss and the other person toasts too is worth more than words.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

the only oblivion lp that matters is the maxwell adams lp

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Didn't you do an Oblivion LP? You should know better than any of us

I've heard good things about Nehrim. :shrug:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ostentatious posted:

the only oblivion lp that matters is the maxwell adams lp

:(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

There's a toast emote in Dark Souls 3 and it is making my day. The joy I get when I toast after a boss and the other person toasts too is worth more than words.

There are so many gestures, it's so so good

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm in the process of making the worst blind LP of dark souls 3.

dark souls 3 is great. I'm a terrible LPer. It's a learning experience.

I'll be sure to post it when I've finally finished editing and processing episode one.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

sorry fam, but Dongs REOSpeedwagon's adventures are legendary

I'm sure your lp is good too

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Darksiders 2 is on Sale for 5 bucks, with a free copy of Darksiders 1.

Also I'm just gonna loving say it, I liked Kingdoms of Amalur and I think you will, too. The skill system is laid out well, and is totally rad. By the midgame can be an earthquake generating warlord, a meteor-summoning wizard, or a backstabbing, fan of knives hucking thief, or a combination of any of those. Wanna swing enchanted fiery swords, whatever, that's lame. You wanna be a teleporting assassin that stomps out earthquakes, hell yeah you do.

Also I mostly remember that I beat the tutorial level then immediately had to flee from a pack of wolves. They hosed me up, man! Wolves are mean!

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 16, 2016

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIqmUR_GJ_U

Weeks of every thread being a Dark Souls 3 thread is partially redeemed.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Also I'm just gonna loving say it, I liked Kingdoms of Amalur and I think you will, too. The skill system is laid out well, and is totally rad. By the midgame can be an earthquake generating warlord, a meteor-summoning wizard, or a backstabbing, fan of knives hucking thief, or a combination of any of those. Wanna swing enchanted fiery swords, whatever, that's lame. You wanna be a teleporting assassin that stomps out earthquakes, hell yeah you do.

Also I mostly remember that I beat the tutorial level then immediately had to flee from a pack of wolves. They hosed me up, man! Wolves are mean!

Added bonus for the Lizzard, iirc one of the development leads was also a big player in developing Oblivion. Or maybe it was a writer?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

raditts posted:

"I sure am glad I preordered this game months in advance!"
- a thing I have never said

I have, because now I will be getting a ZTD Watch edition.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
amalur is a lot like oblivion in that it's piss easy at all times and has good music

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

amalur is a lot like oblivion in that it's piss easy at all times and has good music

Also all the characters are ugly and all the elves are assholes. It really makes you feel right at home.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ometeotl posted:

I have, because now I will be getting a ZTD Watch edition.

I have no idea what these words mean.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't know if this is the thread to bring it up in, but apparently the UN will be naming the month of April "International Dark Souls Month"

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

:yeah:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
:catdrugs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj421wNg3Vg

http://obscuritory.com/adventure/eastern-mind-the-lost-souls-of-tong-nou/

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Well, Dark Souls 3 barely runs on my computer and doesn't recognize my controller. And since I bought it outside of Steam, I can't get a refund. Waste of my god drat time and money.

I'm gonna go play something that makes me feel good like Dungeon Crawl. It's free and I don't feel like buying games anymore for a god drat year or so. :smith:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol4OSIGGukA

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I really wish there was any modern game like Skyroads. I really miss light platforming to chill synthy space music on galactic backdrops.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
hello friends

I am playing through borderlands right now and I'm playing as lilith and having lots of fun with this electric sniper rifle I picked up in sledge's safehouse. it is absolutely annihilating enemies and I love it.

I hope everybody else is having a good day doing whatever they are doing today, and my heart goes out to all of you who are having a bad time. it's ok. push on through and I promise things will get better. take care, friends. :)

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I decided to play through Link's Awakening again for the first time in at least 15 years, but this time... with a twist!

:sweden:

I forgot how bittersweet the story is and man that final boss is a fucker to kill. Game still good though!

Man I do not miss playing games with unusual translation hacks. Some of the map data was messed up (Madame MeowMeow's house was in the river rapids area way on the other side of the map, for example). The game also crashed so hard it would bring up the emulator debugger every time I try to make a save. Thankfully the saves worked, though. My favorite and most bizarre was the text shown after you pick up the Thunder Drum that I neglected to take a screenshot of:

quote:

AAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAA OUI
NON.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 16, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
also, I'm excited because I might be able to stream video games on this computer which means I can stream bad rpgmaker games again yaaaaay

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

hurray for new PCs and Nx rumors.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Mak0rz posted:

I decided to play through Link's Awakening again for the first time in at least 15 years, but this time... with a twist!

:sweden:

I forgot how bittersweet the story is and man that final boss is a fucker to kill. Game still good though!

Man I do not miss playing games with half-assed translation hacks. Some of the map data was messed up (Madame MeowMeow's house was in the river rapids area way on the other side of the map, for example). The game also crashed so hard it would bring up the emulator debugger every time I try to make a save. Thankfully the saves worked, though. My favorite and most bizarre was the text shown after you pick up the Thunder Drum that I neglected to take a screenshot of:

THIEF

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

i can't believe donald trump blew up the moon

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

also, I'm excited because I might be able to stream video games on this computer which means I can stream bad rpgmaker games again yaaaaay
i want to stream hidden object games

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

wait so what was preventing you from streaming video games on your old computer? just a lovely computer?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I saved up and bought that bow with my hard-earned rupees like a good boy, thank you very much :colbert:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

wait so what was preventing you from streaming video games on your old computer? just a lovely computer?

yeah. it overheated real easily and it hated running xsplit in addition to any game.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

follow-up question: why not just use OBS

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

either one sucks compared to getting an external capture box and then... well, also using them but then they're hogging the CPU cycles of some other computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
that's a silly way to go about things

actually i'm surprised nobody has made an HDMI TO TWITCH box like those straight to usb capture things

• Locked thread