Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

A- KILLS KILLS KILLS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
A I think this favors our team. I mean it favors the best fighters of course.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
A- Kills. I think that's the best showing overall.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
A - BLOOD :kheldragar:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Can I wait until after our match against Go Big to vote

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Jazzimus Prime posted:

:siren: TIEBREAKERS :siren:

The team's overall records will be the primary factor to determine who gets into the playoffs. But in the case of a tie, there are two tiebreakers we can go with.

- Total point differential, i.e. how many more (or fewer) kills a team had during the season than its opponents.
- Head-to-head record. Suppose Go Big and Team Laser Explosion end up tied for the last playoff spot. That would make their match this round much more important, as the winner gets in and the loser doesn't!

So, should we go with:

A) Point differential is the first tiebreaker, head-to-head record is the second tiebreaker. Kills are everything!
B) Head-to-head record is the first tiebreaker, total point differential is the second tiebreaker. Every match is important!
It is not outside reason that we will end up with a three or four way tie for the last couple slots in the playoffs. We actually may well be heading towards such a situation with Spooky Scary Skeletons, Team laser Explosion, A Tarantino Film, and Go big and/or go home. Depending on the remaining matches come out, two or three other teams might enter that same bracket.

I propose that in the event there is a more than two team tie for the final spots, we just stick all the teams in one arena and make them fight. We can even put Lightly Whipped in the middle as bait.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Pickled Tink posted:

It is not outside reason that we will end up with a three or four way tie for the last couple slots in the playoffs. We actually may well be heading towards such a situation with Spooky Scary Skeletons, Team laser Explosion, A Tarantino Film, and Go big and/or go home. Depending on the remaining matches come out, two or three other teams might enter that same bracket.

I propose that in the event there is a more than two team tie for the final spots, we just stick all the teams in one arena and make them fight. We can even put Lightly Whipped in the middle as bait.

I concur with this, with the suggestion that we dump the Unblooded in the middle instead. Halfway the same thing, but it gives them one last chance to die with a shred of honour.

The answer should always be more blood, more killing. Ideally a playoff, but if not then A.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
A - Kills

The team that has contributed more skulls to the skull throne should get through

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Spermy Smurf posted:

Luckily Jakob doesn't have long to think. Pieces are removed by Madmartigan and crushed by Krog and Abominable.
montypythonandtheholygrailblackknight.png

Also voting for A - Kills!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Gosh, close vote.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
B since the head to head matchup emphasises team synergy over individual killing power. So a bad team with good synergy would get in over a bad team with one superstar. Though I prefer the battle royale method.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Sacrifice all tied fighters upon our altars and let their screams ring out.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Set them all to independent, team with highest total kill count goes on.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Start every fighter on the same 1 tile square above lava for the tiebreaker.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Space teams evenly around the base of the pyramid, pour lava on top, see who survives.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Decoy Badger posted:

B since the head to head matchup emphasises team synergy over individual killing power. So a bad team with good synergy would get in over a bad team with one superstar. Though I prefer the battle royale method.

I agree with this and also vote B. You would want the most successful team to make the playoffs not 1-2 all stars who carry the rest.

It also means when it came down to miraculous come backs, such as winning a 3 vs 1, will carry more weight. That is thematic as gently caress.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
I vote B as well.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
I'm just sad theres not a tiebreaker free for all option.

Or just regular tie breaker match if there are only two.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Decoy Badger posted:

Every kill is a team effort, so focusing on killcount for the team doesn't dunk on synergy. The result of a head to head matchup against a certain team is more of a snapshot than anything else. What if that was the game that they drunkenly sold all their armor and bought a wooden sword?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Seriously, just look at Panty Thief. There's a lot of kills that are basically Panty Thief holding/tossing someone while the rest of the team smashes/stabs/hacks them to pieces.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

my dad posted:

Seriously, just look at Panty Thief. There's a lot of kills that are basically Panty Thief holding/tossing someone while the rest of the team smashes/stabs/hacks them to pieces.

It takes a village.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
...Ohhhh, knife to see you!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Have a knife day

Ramc
May 4, 2008

It's French, actually. It's pronounced Nee-vay.

(bloooood)

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 15, Fight 6 :siren:

The Plump Helmets (10-4) is on the left side of the arena.
Dory (my dad) is a female minotaur. She wields two copper spears and wears a bronze cap, leather armor, a bronze mail shirt, bronze gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
James LargeSausage (Afriscipio) is a male human. He wields an iron halberd and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, iron leggings, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
Josie the Bludgeonatrix (Ramc) is a female elf. She wields a copper mace and a wooden shield and wears leather armor, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Return of Panty Thief (Mr. Vile) is a male yeti. He is empty handed and wears a bronze helm, a bronze breast plate, bronze greaves, bronze gauntlets, and bronze low boots.

Lightly Whipped (0-14) is on the right side of the arena.
Ghost-trees (jon joe) is a male molemarian. He wields a copper flail and a wooden buckler and wears a copper mail shirt.
Trump's Viscous Discharge (goatface) is a female minotaur. She is empty handed and wears a bronze helm, a bronze mail shirt, and bronze high boots.
Grimmik (FillInTheBlank) is a male gremlin. He wields an iron whip and wears a steel helm.
Jupis Tooki McGannel (GreyPowerVan) is a male strangler. He wields a copper crossbow and a wooden shield and wears a copper helm and a copper mail shirt.

The Plump Helmets is a 2.00 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 5386.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 2688.00 dwarfbucks for Lightly Whipped.

Anyone else smell an easy victory for Lightly Whipped? This is the matchup they've been waiting for, I feel it!

Trump charges quite literally, sending a horn into Dory's hand which bruises bone. James uses his halberd to great effect and Ghost-Trees' foot is severed.

Panty Thief grabs Jupis who struggles vainly, unable to break the grip of the huge yeti. A takedown occurs, nothing more.

Grimmik lashes Josie in the chest, bruising muscle and a lung. The elf is having problems breathing!

And then James swings again and Trumps foot flies off. The minotaur falls over.

Josie sends Grimmik to the floor with a charge and then smashes his stomach which bruises the gremlins guts.

Panty Thief lends a helping hand to Josie and grabs Grimmik by the teeth. With a casual flick of his wrist Grimmik is thrown across the length of the arena.

Grimmik shakes off the stunned-ness, then screams like a girl until he slams into the arena wall and is stunned again. His leg bone is bruised and he's covered in vomit but he's still in the fight.

Up top: Dory is handling Ghost-Trees well enough that he feels comfortable leaning over to stab Trump in the leg. Trump passes out.

A few stabs and Dory gets the first kill of the fight. Dory turns back to Ghost-Trees to continue their private duel.

James knows that the real threat is Jupis, so he heads south with his teammates to surround the deadly strangler.

Grimmik finally gets to his feet; bruised, winded, and vomiting, but still technically in the fight.

Panty Thief charges anything and everyone around him. He manages to stun both of his teammates as well as Jupis.

Dory stabs Ghost-Trees in the arm and the moleman drops his flail. Another stab fractures his other arm and Ghost-Trees drops his buckler. This turns out to be the best thing that could happen to the moleman. With no weapons what else could he do but bite? Dory's bronze cap flexes and bends under the molemans teeth. Dory is knocked unconscious immediately.

Grimmik throws up.

Can the three Plump Helmets finish off Merciless Jupis in time to go save Dory?

Josie smashes two or three bodyparts into mush while Panty Thief is holding Jupis on the floor. James removes an arm. Josie smashes a foot, and Jupis falls to the floor (while already being on the floor in some kind of hold by Panty Thief).

Ghost-Trees shakes Dory around by the head violently.

James removes Jupis' head.

Grimmik yells at Ghost-Trees to get a kill for his team and does the only thing he can think of.... He dives in front, using his tiny body to slow down the 3 Plump Helmets.

Dory is being shaken, but not killed.

Dory is still alive, everything is torn in the minotaurs neck/head/spine but he's alive...

Panty Thief grabs and releases the tiny gremlin which earns him the kill.

Dory is still alive.

The Plump Helmets arrive, forcing Ghost-Trees to let go of Dory and dodge backward. Josie explodes limbs while James removes others. Panty Thief holds the moleman still and punches yet another limb into paste.

James takes his head.

The Plump Helmets win with a 4-0 victory against crowd-favorites Lightly Whipped.

Kills:
James: 2
Dory: 1
Panty Thief: 1

Combat Log

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Oh, Ghost-Trees was so close to getting his first kill. Shame he's still a worthless unblooded.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
The Plump Helmets reach 51 kills, the first team to rack up half a century. 45 more kills than Lightly Whipped, the equivalent of killing more than two thirds of the entire arena league over the half-unblooded bottom feeders' tally.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

It's like kicking a puppy. You almost feel bad. Almost.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I was genuinely rooting for them while reading the fight. :shobon:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I did try to do something funny and did 2x Lightly Whipped against Plump Helmets. It was a loss for Plump Helmets with 4 fighters still alive on 2x-Lightly Whipped.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised. Who were the four survivors?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
2 moles, one Jupis and I think the other was Grimmik.

2 of them were very badly injured but not unconscious yet.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Too bad I bet too early, if I knew I could've gotten 2:1 odds for the Plump Helmets on that fight I'd have bet the farm.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
There was only 2688 available for the taking.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Most of it from one bet which I can only assume was a misclick.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Random.org told me to bet on Lightly Whipped, and I said nope to that.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 15, Fight 2 :siren:

Two Chicks with Dicks (9-5) is on the left side of the arena.
Suck & gently caress Pighead (Dirty Frank) is a female goblin. She wields a silver war hammer and wears an iron mail shirt.
Bo (Haystack) is a male human. He wields a bronze short sword and a wooden shield and wears a leather cap, an iron mail shirt, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Stumpy (Mygna) is a female dwarf. She wields an iron great axe and wears a copper mail shirt and bronze gauntlets.
Richard Kyanka (Lorrdernie) is a male dark gnome. He wields a bronze large dagger and a wooden buckler and wears no armor.

A furry, a farmer, and two cows (4-10) is on the right side of the arena.
Goku (Galick) is a male tigerman. He is empty handed and wears an iron cap and an iron mail shirt.
Dontellim Pike (John Charity Spring) is a male human. He wields an iron pike and wears an iron helm, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Min/Maxotaur (Anchors) is a female minotaur. She wields a copper large dagger and a wooden buckler and wears a copper helm, three copper mail shirts, a copper breast plate, copper greaves, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Rob Ford (Tirius) is a male minotaur. He wields an iron two-handed sword and a wooden shield and wears a copper helm, an iron mail shirt, copper leggings, copper gauntlets, and leather high boots.

Two Chicks with Dicks is a 4.23 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 6272.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 1481.00 dwarfbucks for A furry, a farmer, and two cows.

Stumpy and Bo are competing for the #3 or #4 kill record, right? They are both on the left, human and dwarf.

Two Chicks with Dicks hammer away at the enemy as they come within reach. Every single attack is turned by armor, except Bo tearing apart Goku's forearm. Goku grabs Bo's nose with his right forearm... And then the Cows hit like a hammer. Stumpy and Richard Kyanka are sent to the floor violently with twin charges from Min/Max and Rob Ford.

I think I'm having a stroke. Rob Ford just chopped off Richard Kyankas arm.

At the same time Min/Max stabs Bo in the head, fracturing the skull. Bo is knocked unconscious.

Min/Max finishes the job while Stumpy regains her feet.

Richard Kyanka loses another tiny arm to Rob Ford. Suck and gently caress is having some success at least with pummeling Goku. Dontellim is right there providing support (not really, but I haven't mentioned him yet and he's not doing much).

Richard Kyanka dies from blood loss. Seriously though, does anyone else smell purple right now?

Min/Max sticks his dagger in Stumpy's head, but Stumpy is made of sterner stuff than Bo was. Stumpy takes a dagger to the tongue and then Rob Ford nearly chops her leg off as he arrives on scene. Stumpy passes out.

I dont even know how this is happening. Min/Max with the kill.

Suck and gently caress is hurting and he's the only chance before a lot of people lose their dwarfbucks.

Dontellim's pike cannot get through armor, but Rob Ford just aims at an exposed arm and Suck and gently caress is on the ropes.

Dontellim gets the blow that drives the goblin into dreamland.

Rob Ford takes off an arm, but Dontellim takes off a head for the kill.

Two Chicks with Dicks
just got curb-stomped by A furry, a farmer, and two cows in a huge 4-0 upset!

Kills:
Min/Max: 2
Rob Ford: 1
Dontellim: 1

Combat Log

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
As Gokus manager, I'm personally calling bullshit.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Even after that, not a single member of FF2C has hit double figures yet, but their remarkable run has put them on the extreme fringe of playoff consideration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
agh my hubris