Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Are Dan on the front row?? Awww yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

Much like sexy time, it will only happen in your imagination.

I missed qualifying because "early" but the result is good, it makes it a lot more interesting to see Hamilton have to drive hard for his WDC rather than just strolling it like last year.

I'm not an F1 stats autistic but wasn't Hamilton behind at the start of last year too?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

In my head I remembered him leading from start to finish but similarly, I don't hold stats very well. The year before he was almost constantly having to come from behind to win though.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This is the first year it's been down to hilarious bad luck and being poo poo at starts though. Wonder how much of the losing 5 races in a row thing is down to the engineers not being able to hand hold any more?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
New power unit for Lewis, 3 place grid drop for Hulk, which seems a tad lenient to me.

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.
Should have been dropped to last in Q2. Will Force India be able to get their wheel nuts back from the pawn shop in time for the race?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Merc btw reshuffled the engineer teams to prevent forming an adversarial relationship.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Halo14 posted:

Are Dan on the front row?? Awww yeah.
The only ones who deserve to win are Ricky D and Gross Roman. All the rest are frauds or dead.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Didn't realise Frank Williams was 74 today. I thought he was older for some reason, probably because I grew up seeing him there all the time.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Just finished watching qualifying.

:lol:Ferrari:lol:

edit: Kimi looks like a confused old man in the press conference.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 16, 2016

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Amazing.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I like this season.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I am pretty excited at this stage, more so than I've been for a while. Vettel seems completely uninterested in fighting for the championship with that Ferrari though.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Nico Rosberg beating Hammy for the championship is quite funny and might just salvage this season

Please racing gods (Bernie) make it happen

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

If you want to watch an awkward brit fight with an umbrella watch the quali notebook

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

The Croc posted:

If you want to watch an awkward brit fight with an umbrella watch the quali notebook

I was admittedly sceptical about how funny this would be but yes, there is an actual fight and at one point a random chap from Ferrari took pity and helped him.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
btw was that a mini driver on Ferrari's pit during qualy?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

El Hefe posted:

btw was that a mini driver on Ferrari's pit during qualy?

Could be

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

GutBomb posted:

Could be

I get it

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
lol no but really I think they had one in there

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
A Red Bull in P2? Hamilton dead last? I missed a hell of a quali apparently. Good for Daniel, he always seems so happy just to be doing what he's doing.

Here's hoping Rio takes out hammy in turn 1.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 17, 2016

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

It's been an enjoyable start to the season and the unsung hero is the change to tyre allocation.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
These quali results are absolutely amazing. I've gone from 6 to midnight.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Whitey Ford posted:

It's been an enjoyable start to the season and the unsung hero is the change to tyre allocation.

Yep! Best change of the season.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
What did they do with the tires? Besides put spikes in the left side of the Shanghai track

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

What did they do with the tires? Besides put spikes in the left side of the Shanghai track

teams can actually chose what compounds to bring to a weekend. Its a small change that has had a pretty major impact, especially in the midfield since the super soft tire has now essentially become a qualifying tire.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Whitey Ford posted:

Agreed.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Happy 5:24 am. Sky's coverage starts in a few.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

This is my first time seeing the track parade. Its ridiculously awkward, who's idea was it to get pervy herbert to do it?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
They want to see nando punch him in the face.

Lewis talking about his "poor" childhood in Stevenage and once again not mentioning that the reason his dad had a crap car and lived in a flat was because his mother had kicked him out for cheating on her and had kept the nice four bedroom house.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I have a crap kart right now, and I don't even have a shabby trailer.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Both Ferraris starting on super softs, so that should blow up in one of their faces

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Brundle posted:

Will Ferrari beat Mercedes today?

lol Brundle you jokester you.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Fluffdaddy posted:

Both Ferraris starting on super softs, so that should blow up in one of their faces

Assuming both of their power plants don't blow up first.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Pirelli chooses 3 compounds (of the 4 they make - hard, medium, soft, super soft) to bring to the race.

each driver has to use at least 2 during the race (obvious caveat is unless it is wet at any point during the race)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Kilonum posted:

Pirelli chooses 3 compounds (of the 4 they make - hard, medium, soft, super soft) to bring to the race.

5 compounds now - there's Ultrasoft.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

There's only three avaliable at any given race though.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Gutierrez has the body of a sickly child.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Five compounds, pirelli chose three and make one mandatory for the race, teams get to choose how many of the three they want for the weekend. Q1 people get free choice of tyres to start on, Q2 and Q3 people have to start the race on the tyre they ended Q2 on.

I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
GET HYPE! ITS loving SPEEDY RACE CAR TIME NYOOOOW!

• Locked thread