Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

follow-up question: why not just use OBS

the previous laptop had an onboard graphics card that did not support the stuff needed to operate OBS

this new computer also has an onboard graphics card since we just got a cheap prebuilt one but it apparently can run OBS so that's good, and we're planning to upgrade later when we feel comfortable enough financially to spend the funds on a new card and PSU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

hey thread, i know you like katamari so i did a thing

http://tindeck.com/listen/gmqiq

you might call it "katamari forever"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
gizzard wizard

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
katamari do your best

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

no but seriously, i enjoy how songs turn out when you just stretch them by a factor of ten

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Let's roll up to be a single star in the sky

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

that's a silly way to go about things

actually i'm surprised nobody has made an HDMI TO TWITCH box like those straight to usb capture things

I feel like this is a thing that a Raspberry Pi will be doing, if not already

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Working a seven-hour shift at McDonald's tomorrow so I can afford more video games.

I'm nostalgic for the days when I was doing screenshot LPs. People loved those, and I loved making them my own. Playing bard to a captive audience of goons or something. It was a lot of work, though, and at some point it became too much time and effort, so I just dropped it. I stream now, and I dabble in video LPs, and people seem to like it well enough, but...I don't feel like I'm making something great the way I used to. And I just don't know what to DO about it.

And Idunno where I was going with this, but good night, thread.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Well I played Dark Souls 3 all day today.

Goodnight everyone.

EDIT: I just bought Bravely Second and Star Fox Zero on Amazon as well sorry forgot to mention that

all my money to games

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Apr 16, 2016

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I dont have another thread to put this in so have a plays.tv video

http://plays.tv/video/571201d906a271784e/playing-with-my-food

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

NTT posted:

I dont have another thread to put this in so have a plays.tv video

http://plays.tv/video/571201d906a271784e/playing-with-my-food

If there's one thing I learned from my day way back when playing Worms on pentium-based machines, is that grenades bounce and are great for indirect-reach purposes.

Having fun with game is good, though.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

There's an LP of this on the archive.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If any of y'all liked the new Tomb Raider then I can't recommend the Endurance Mode DLC enough. The other season pass stuff is entirely skippable but I think I've put about 20 additional hours into EM so far. The randomized map and card modifiers make every expedition unique and it gets quite challenging trying to manage health and hunger as the days wear on and enemies get tougher. My only gripe is that I wish you had more environments than just Siberian Wildnerness. A lot of the survival mechanics that are unnecessary or redundant in the main campaign kind of shine through here, like gathering enough wood to make a fire or craft upgrades. It's added a lot of replay value to the game for me.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'm having problems figuring out what to do today when I've nothing on my to do list.

I'm not used to either working or training or cooking or preparing for something every day.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

I'm having problems figuring out what to do today when I've nothing on my to do list.

I'm not used to either working or training or cooking or preparing for something every day.

relaxing is good, try having a nap

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/720802096237441025

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hitman is quite fun but I hate the reasoning for "online only, fucker." Especially because your online/offline saves are different which is hilariously bad. Not like I'm ever disconnecting but if PSN ever has a bad day then you're locked out of what is essentially a single player game.
Still looking forward to the Sapienza beach murdertown later this month, though.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
There are a number of hidden areas in Dark Souls 3 and it's very rewarding to discover them. I went through an area and beat the boss, then ran into a dead end. There's a whole other area I haven't gone to so I was going to check that out but I decided to go back and see if there was a way to get to some items far below me. After a second of looking around I found a whole new area, and in there I found another entrance just by going "I wonder if this works with that." There's a lot of decisions that can be made with the people in your hub via your actions or inactions, and I think I've made some mistakes but I don't care. I have the guide but I'm not going to crack it open until I see the credits, and even though I think I'm being thorough I bet I'm missing big swaths of the game.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Dark Souls 3 is really good so far. I'm about 14 hours in, and I think it's a very safe assumption that I am less than a quarter of the way through the game

It has all of the good things from all soulsgames. Like I expected it to be more like ds1 than ds2, but I'm not sure it's accurate to say that it is. It's more like they looked at all existing soulsgames and said what are the best elements from the design of each? And then made a game that has all these elements, along with its own brand new mechanical flavor, and is still its own cohesive and polished game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I need to decide which CRPG to play next. Should I play Divinity: Original Sin or Pillars of Eternity? Or maybe I should play that Baldur's Gate expansion that people are so angry about.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Good morning thread, I'm feeling better now. Is Demon's Souls still worth playing?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I gave it a few hours a year or so back and it was fun. Haven't played any of the other Souls games though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Good morning thread, I'm feeling better now. Is Demon's Souls still worth playing?

It's fun enough as long as you don't mind some of the QoL features from later souls games being missing

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

There are a number of hidden areas in Dark Souls 3 and it's very rewarding to discover them. I went through an area and beat the boss, then ran into a dead end. There's a whole other area I haven't gone to so I was going to check that out but I decided to go back and see if there was a way to get to some items far below me. After a second of looking around I found a whole new area, and in there I found another entrance just by going "I wonder if this works with that." There's a lot of decisions that can be made with the people in your hub via your actions or inactions, and I think I've made some mistakes but I don't care. I have the guide but I'm not going to crack it open until I see the credits, and even though I think I'm being thorough I bet I'm missing big swaths of the game.

Yeah, despite my experience with these games and general thoroughness in terms of exploration, there is definitely a lot that I'm missing. Like you, I'm going to avoid wikis and the like until I finish my first run-through. I keep picking up key items to give to NPCs I've never met...

Snak posted:

Dark Souls 3 is really good so far. I'm about 14 hours in, and I think it's a very safe assumption that I am less than a quarter of the way through the game

It has all of the good things from all soulsgames. Like I expected it to be more like ds1 than ds2, but I'm not sure it's accurate to say that it is. It's more like they looked at all existing soulsgames and said what are the best elements from the design of each? And then made a game that has all these elements, along with its own brand new mechanical flavor, and is still its own cohesive and polished game.

Dark Souls III makes a lot more references to the first game than it does the second. Dark Souls II is increasingly feeling like the black sheep of the series.

Lurdiak posted:

I need to decide which CRPG to play next. Should I play Divinity: Original Sin or Pillars of Eternity? Or maybe I should play that Baldur's Gate expansion that people are so angry about.

I preferred Pillars simply because the inventory system was less obnoxious. Both have good combat systems, which is rare for CRPGs

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yeah. Find out why some people still think it's the best one in the series

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

http://store.steampowered.com/app/452890/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_2

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lizard Wizard posted:

Of course it is, although why you are not playing Dark Souls 3 would be a mystery in that regard.

As to your other post, I think you'll find yourself feeling better if you can find a job that actually satisfies you. You got satisfaction, creative satisfaction, from LPs because they felt like an expression of yourself. You should pursue a career outlet that gives you that satisfaction.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Does Dark Souls 3 let you don a ton of heavy armor and do some real tanking? I always appreciate an action game that includes the possibility of foregoing endless dodgerolling and instead piling on the platemail/tower shields/defense stats and just staring everything down.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can but poise no longer effects everything to a huge degree so you need a shitload of stamina and to actually use a shield properly, you can't just facetank through everything.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Snak posted:

Dark Souls 3 is really good so far.

the amazon one or the gamestop one

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

relaxing is good, try having a nap

I went out did a bunch of shopping (+ a haircut) to make tomorrow a bit easier and gonna play some Pokemon while watching Time Cop.

I got a pokemon mod for Black 2 that lets you get all the pokemon in the game and i'm randomly picking one pokemon in each area to catch and use.
Sorta like that nuzlocke challenge but without the actual challenge like permadeath.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Since we don't have a MLG pro oculus gamgergear station megathread I guess I'll ask here. Steam controller any good? My 360 controller is about to bite it and I'm thinking of getting either the Steam Controller or a DualShock PS4 one with the little touch pad. The deal they have for it now is pretty tempting.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Robo Reagan posted:

Since we don't have a MLG pro oculus gamgergear station megathread I guess I'll ask here. Steam controller any good? My 360 controller is about to bite it and I'm thinking of getting either the Steam Controller or a DualShock PS4 one with the little touch pad. The deal they have for it now is pretty tempting.
Everything I've heard (it's not out here yet) indicates that the Steam Controller is very different from traditional controllers, and as such is very much an acquired taste. If you're only going to get one, get the DS4 - you can grab a tool called DS4Windows to make it nicely emulate a 360 controller.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Robo Reagan posted:

After playing with the steam controller a while, I'd always recommend the DS4 over it but I prefer the more traditional input style of the DS4. Both are comfortable to hold and comparable to the 360 pad on that front.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Sakurazuka posted:

You can but poise no longer effects everything to a huge degree so you need a shitload of stamina and to actually use a shield properly, you can't just facetank through everything.

You'd need a ton of endurance for that to work because shields in ds3 seem to require a lot more stability to be effective compared to the other souls games. With a 57 sfability shield, blocking a basic attack from an enemy takes 3x as much stamina as dodgeroll and blocking three times prevents me from counter attacking altogether. Heavy armor seems nice for mitigating the hits you do take, but I can't imagine playing a build that goes above 70% encumbrance.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szS3PBtRLvk

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The greatest thing about Metal Gear Rising is that Raiden repeatedly asks the philosophizing weirdo villains what the hell they're talking about.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D07eYJRxpGQ

gently caress

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I would wait on the steam controller. Supposedly they're already working on a revision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

my friend got a steam controller and we tried to play fallout 4. it was abysmal but i liked the grip buttons

• Locked thread