Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Same but for when Josuke drives into a wall, flips over the handlebars, the wall and into a parking lot towards a parked car, uses Crazy Diamond to obliterate his way through it so he doesn't die and then fixing it as Highway Star walks over it to trap it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Moltrey posted:

Same but for when Josuke drives into a wall, flips over the handlebars, the wall and into a parking lot towards a parked car, uses Crazy Diamond to obliterate his way through it so he doesn't die and then fixing it as Highway Star walks over it to trap it.

and the extremely baller pose he has when he does it

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Baal posted:

I love the poo poo out of Part 4 and everything in it that isn't Yukako and Koichi's stupid faces, but when Josuke vaults over the baby and mom after destroying the motorcycle and reforms it without losing speed my heart skips a beat
This is literally the thing I use to sell people on Jojo IRL.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

"A man rides a motorcycle at top speed. He is being pursued. If he slows down, he'll be caught. He cannot slow down. So he turns a corner, and there at the bottom of a steep incline a young mother has parked a stroller with her child in it. Her baby is crying and she's trying to get him to calm down. She doesn't see the man on the motorcycle. The man on the motorcycle can't stop and has no room to maneuver. So he punches his motorcycle so hard it throws him and it into the air and shatters into a million pieces. Sailing over the heads of the woman and her child, he quickly reassembles the entire motorcycle in midair, lands on the far side of both of them, and takes off without losing speed."

"Dude that sounds dope."

"Read JoJo's Bizarre Adventure."

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

let me tell you about a stand

called pearl jam

e: I also really love Superfly because it's quite possibly the most worthless stand of them all.

And of course everything about that final throwdown with Kira is the best poo poo.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My favorite part of the highway star fight is the panel where Josuke crashes the motorbike into the hospital elevator. Never fails to make me laugh.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I got my friends into Jojo by telling them about the Death XIII fight and how a grown man makes a baby eat poop.

EDIT: its great because they are going into DIU blind and the reactions to last week's ending were wild. They were so hyped about the Angelo's hand and it killed me to stay quiet about the rest of it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got my friends into JoJo through excessive peer pressure and insulting their masculinity

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
my favorite part of DiU is when rohan gets punched in the face

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

I love the poo poo out of Part 4 and everything in it that isn't Yukako and Koichi's stupid faces, but when Josuke vaults over the baby and mom after destroying the motorcycle and reforms it without losing speed my heart skips a beat

The sniper fight with the literal rat is incredible though

And the time a plate of spagetti gets punched

And the time Josuke uses a man's own blood to shoot him with a shard of glass

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Those are all cool but they're not highway star

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like insane and outrageous happenings as much as the next person, but those can't replace genuine ingenuity during a high-stakes situation where a character is required to make a do-or-die decision and they come up with something loving creative and awesome.

See: Jotaro vs D'Arby

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

I like insane and outrageous happenings as much as the next person, but those can't replace genuine ingenuity during a high-stakes situation where a character is required to make a do-or-die decision and they come up with something loving creative and awesome.

See: Jotaro vs D'Arby

How is shooting someone with their own blood neither of those things

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's not as intense as literally vaulting yourself over a woman and her baby

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was still cool as hell though

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Easy mode but my favourite part of DIU is when Okuyasu's guts fly out because he ate some really good food.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

My favorite part of Part 4 is Part 4.

Except for Cheap Trick.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Cheap Trick is better than either Yukako encounter.

At least it ends in a pretty funny and appropriate way.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

My favorite part of the highway star fight is the panel where Josuke crashes the motorbike into the hospital elevator. Never fails to make me laugh.

Ahahaha you're right

outofcontextjojo is a treasure.

i like how he takes the time to do a sick wheelie on the leadup

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Baal posted:

Cheap Trick is better than either Yukako encounter.

At least it ends in a pretty funny and appropriate way.
Cheap Trick has some great moments but death stands will never not be a terrible idea.

It's just a hangup of mine that completely takes me out of the experience every time.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The only time a stand requiring the user to die to activate has ever been good was Civil War.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I completely agree on Death Stands sucking but if you're gonna do it that was a good way to do it, definitely better than B.I.G. which had to be dropped into the ocean to be stopped even though that was pretty loving funny

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh yeah Civil War's p great, I really should reread Part 7.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Civil War rules. A fight where Jesus convinces the main character to shoot himself in the head to get a powerup has automatically got to be a loving fantastic fight.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i can never even remember how cheap trick is defeated

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rohan takes it to the Ghost Alley and it turns around and gets hosed hard

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

He also tells Cheap Trick to go to Hell, literally, and it does.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rohan punched a child in the face and it is a moment that deserves uproarinng applause because it's great

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Decided to reread Part 4 to find the panel where Rohan defeats Cheap Trick and ended up reading the first chapter of Another One Bites The Dust instead.

I completely forgot Kira actually killed Hayato before resetting.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Bad Seafood posted:

Decided to reread Part 4 to find the panel where Rohan defeats Cheap Trick and ended up reading the first chapter of Another One Bites The Dust instead.

I completely forgot Kira actually killed Hayato before resetting.

That's the whole thing that triggers him wanting reset powers because he knows the moment it happens that hes hosed out of this identity and he cant change his face anymore because he killed Cinderella lady.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Say what you will about Koichi but his development over Part 4 does a pretty good job of teaching us that stands can grow/develop new powers.

Then when Kira unlocks The Song of Time it felt more feasible to me than than Star Platinum suddenly learning how to freeze time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk Jotaro farting out time stop is better than a macguffin justifying it imo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jotaro's time stop could have done with more foreshadowing through the entire arc but I don't think Araki came up with it until late.

I think within the context of DIO's World, the time stop is perfectly foreshadowed to the point where it doesn't feel like a massive asspull.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Apr 16, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the arrow pulling out a new ability makes a lot of sense honestly, especially with how it's built up beforehand about what it does. the requiem stand stuff could use a bit of cleaning up, though, because even with a good translation for vento aureo i'm sure it'll still be weird as hell to read about.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I do dig the gradual growth of Dio's paranoia and the magnet trick, etc. Him being unsure about whether or not Jotaro could move/see was definitely the right approach.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

My favorite part of Part 4 is Part 4.

Except for Cheap Trick.

I really like Cheap Trick, because it's hilarious

"I USED MY POWER OF TALKING TO ORDER DOZENS OF PIZZAS, ROHAN!!!"

:allears:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I like the Yukako arc because i like the way her hair is drawn and the beginning of it is funny. Enigma Boy is so forgettable i can't remember what happened. The baby was a waste of time.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I agree, a newly met father and song saving an invisible baby and the son realizing his father is remorseful and fallible too and them coming to understand each other better as family was a pointless waste of time.

Yukako is cool because Love Deluxe is the running for the best Stand name, I just wish she did more than have all her plots be centered around her love life.

e: Love Deluxe is super powerful Stand honestly. It's bound to Yukako's hair turning it prehensile and not reflective of her physical strength, it can't be cut and none of the damage is transferred back to her and she could probably control to style her hair however she wants if she cared. A Very Good Stand imo, I'm glad Love Love Deluxe is getting a Round 2 with Kaera.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Apr 16, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Love Deluxe is a good stand name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Love Love Deluxe is also a good name

The meaning of "Kishibe Rohan wa Ugokanai" and "Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe"

Read this one from bottom to top, I can't be arsed to flip it all up.