Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

This is a duuuumb one.

For every app or game I open on my mac but one, I can get to it by pressing CMD+Space and typing the first, like, two letters. Quick and lazy. But one emulator of mine crashes if you open it, then open the game with it (as opposed to opening the game from finder with that emulator associated with it), so I have to go find it and open it and it takes longer than literally half a second. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My credit limit on my rewards card is $1,000, but the flight I'm taking in June is a little over $1,200. Waaaaahhhh. :cry:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm SO THIRSTY but it's another 10 minutes before I can get some water :qq:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

YeahTubaMike posted:

My credit limit on my rewards card is $1,000, but the flight I'm taking in June is a little over $1,200. Waaaaahhhh. :cry:

Call them and ask them to raise it, they probably will. I did that with a card once for a similar amount and they raised it to $7000 because gently caress it.

My fwp is a restaurant I go to like once every month or two has stopped using any size drink except large, and their large comes in a hard plastic cup, the kind you keep and can run through the dishwasher and such. I had to start another stack of these. I have too many cups.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Brightman posted:

I have too many cups.

This is beginning to be my FWP as well. A radio show I listen to does a lot of remotes, and part of the free swag you can pick up are glasses emblazoned with the radio show's title. Solidly made, so every time I go to one I grab one (or, sometimes, told to take one by the staff because they want less to drag back with them).

Problem is, they've been coming near me a lot lately, so it turns out I've got, maybe, half a dozen (plus or minus a few) of these, and I already have a decently stocked cup cabinet.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
There aren't enough hours in the day to be the useless slob I want to be and get things done around the house.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

My meds occasionally give me dry mouth and it keeps me awake.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I just had to cough and had a mouthful of scotch and ending up half choking on it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Brightman posted:

Call them and ask them to raise it, they probably will. I did that with a card once for a similar amount and they raised it to $7000 because gently caress it.

It's a pretty new card and my credit is bad enough that I was shocked I qualified in the first place. My limit will go up to $1,500 in August, at which point I will bitch that my limit isn't high enough for me to collect rewards on my rent.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
I have a cold and just want to spend the entire day in bed, but I have tickets to an opera tonight.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm worried that I didn't list enough time on the parking I bought for something tonight. I'm 70% sure that it'll be over well before I need to leave, but that 30% is screaming "What if it's still going?"

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

why would anyone be upset about moving from microusb? easily one of the worst connector standards i've had to deal with.

my oven only dings once when it reaches temperature so i missed it, i could've been eating this pizza 5 minutes earlier!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm switching between Adblock plus and Ublock Origin as my ad blocker on Chrome. Both of them causes Youtube to gently caress up. On almost every Youtube page it will completely freeze for 10-12 seconds. The only way to get it to stop is to disable ad blocking or to log out of Youtube. It must be something to do with loading user info.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 20:42 on Apr 16, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

baram. posted:

why would anyone be upset about moving from microusb? easily one of the worst connector standards i've had to deal with.

I'm really annoyed with micro-USB, because I have tons of mini-USB cables that I no longer have any use for and a bunch of devices that use micro-USB that no longer connect properly to my computers. It seems like mini-USB was way more reliable, and I now have a bunch of cables I can't use for anything.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
It's a nice day and I'm well-rested, so I feel vaguely obligated to go out and do something, but I can't figure out what.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
The seats here are really uncomfortable to sit on for long periods of time. Also some shithead lady took a photo while the people were singing, which I feel is exceptionally rude. How do people not know that you don't take photographs during stage shows like ballet or opera?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I did a decent amount of freelance work last year, and owe more on my taxes than I thought I did.

Also, I waited until just about the last possible minute to do my taxes, and it's put a massive damper on my weekend.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I had a scare earlier where I forgot whether I'd paid my rent or not, due 3 days ago. I did, happily, but it was quite a worry for a few minutes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Got drunk and had some great sex last night but I barely remember it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

It's a nice day and I'm well-rested, so I feel vaguely obligated to go out and do something, but I can't figure out what.

Same here. It's loving gorgeous out and I wish my bike was fixed so I could go for a nice long ride. I do walks every night, maybe I'll take a longer one than usual today.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm not sure if I'm actually lonely enough to start dating again or if I just miss having sex semi-regularly.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 00:37 on Apr 17, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

A song came on shuffle that is good, but I wasn't in the mood for, and I feel guilty skipping it.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
I'll be moving house at the end of May into a freshly built house with everything that I picked out for it (including a massive bath with jets) and I can't wait to live there. It'll even save me over $1000 a month. But gently caress if I don't hate moving with a passion! It's only 6km away from where I'm living now, so not far enough away to justify hiring movers.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Lucrece posted:

I'll be moving house at the end of May into a freshly built house with everything that I picked out for it (including a massive bath with jets) and I can't wait to live there. It'll even save me over $1000 a month. But gently caress if I don't hate moving with a passion! It's only 6km away from where I'm living now, so not far enough away to justify hiring movers.

Hire movers. If you don't you will hate yourself and it will be way more work than you initially think it's going to be.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Apparently if you have Prime on an Amazon site, say dot-it, you don't on other sites, such as dot-co-dot-uk. Which is some right bullshit if you ask me.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Roro posted:

The seats here are really uncomfortable to sit on for long periods of time. Also some shithead lady took a photo while the people were singing, which I feel is exceptionally rude. How do people not know that you don't take photographs during stage shows like ballet or opera?

How else is everyone on social media going to know that I went to the opera?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mikl posted:

Apparently if you have Prime on an Amazon site, say dot-it, you don't on other sites, such as dot-co-dot-uk. Which is some right bullshit if you ask me.

I don't understand why the different Amazon sites exist. What's the point? It keeps telling me I can switch to amazon.com.au and I just don't know why I would want to do that or why that site even needs to exist. I have a few friends in the UK and sometimes they post links to Amazon on Facebook, and several times I've been confused as to why I couldn't buy the ebook they were talking about until I realise the link they posted is to amazon.co.uk and for some reason that's an issue. I have to go to amazon.com or amazon.com.au and manually search for the book to buy it.

Also, with those affiliate links where people get money if you click and buy something, how do those work with the different Amazon sites? If I click my friends amazon.co.uk affiliate link and then proceed to buy the book he recommended from amazon.com, does he get anything for that? How does that work? It all seems needlessly and annoyingly complicated.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Distribution rights, shipping costs, and warehouse logistics.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Distribution rights, shipping costs, and warehouse logistics.

How does any of that need separate sites? I can already order stuff from amazon.com to an Australian address no problem. And I don't care if they show me different content based on my location, I just don't understand why they need separate sites that don't work if you go to the wrong one. Other sites manage to show country-specific prices and content without all that inconvenience. Like, if I send someone a link to a game on Steam, they'll see the correct price for their country (or no price if it's not for sale there) and the correct version too if there's a censorship issue. Even with Amazon, if I search amazon.com for an ebook that's not available in Australia, it won't show up in my search results. So what's the point of amazon.com.au?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Inzombiac posted:

Got drunk and had some great sex last night but I barely remember it.

How can you be sore sure it was great, then?

Just tell yourself that it was just merely-ok sex that drunk you thought was good and no more need to fret!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Sweet As Sin posted:

I injured my clavicule on 2013 and it is hurting now

I injured my knee in 2013 and it hurts whenever the gently caress it feels like it

Knee replacement when I'm old hooo :toot:

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
One of the girls who got her leg crushed at Alton Towers now has a bionic leg I'm jealous of because it probably works better than my current leg.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The doc I've been seeing for the last few years decided to not practice medicine as a regular doc, and now only works urgent care. I did not find this out until today when I called to make my appt.

I'm going to run out of pills about 3 days before my appt to go get a refill of my meds. I left a message with the clinic but they haven't called me back about it.

:smith:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

A few years ago I had my wisdom teeth removed and I got a presciption for vicodin. I only ended up needing half of it and I saved the rest. Now I can't find where I put it.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

cyberia posted:

Hire movers. If you don't you will hate yourself and it will be way more work than you initially think it's going to be.

I think you're right! I was going to hire a truck and try to do it myself with a couple of friends, but thinking more about it, NOPE. I'd much rather pay someone else who knows what they're doing!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DrBouvenstein posted:

How can you be sore sure it was great, then?

Just tell yourself that it was just merely-ok sex that drunk you thought was good and no more need to fret!

Because my GF was very complimentary the morning after.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
- The plastic key fob that gets me into my new gym clanks against my other keys rather loudly. I think its cuz it's basically hollow inside (minus whatever tech, of course) that makes it resonate more, but it's going to take some getting used to.

- I really wanted to try said new gym's water-massage machine after my workout tonight (mostly out of curiosity) but someone was in it and didn't want to wait any longer than I did.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I had a fart today that was so big that my pants fit better but it kinda hurt my booty.

Work has been very odd lately but not too stressful.

I'm really scared that Civil War won't be that good in spite of the rave early reviews.

I have dental insurance but I'm so lazy. So, so lazy.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Inzombiac posted:

I had a fart today that was so big that my pants fit better but it kinda hurt my booty.

O friend I have been there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I think I've posted about this before, but it bears repeating: Alitalia's website is a huge steaming turd.