Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Something about massive penetrating spears really resonates with me for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

There are simply too many cool weapons in this game

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I specced for hexes but the chime for them doesn't show up until late game so I've been moonlighting as a pyromancer

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Do you get plenty of Scales late game? Really regretting the ones I spent on the old wolf greatsword or whatever artorias sword is called now. I hate the moveset

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Siegward's quest is so cool.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

There are simply too many cool weapons in this game

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

i have choixe paralysis for what cool sword i want to use, there are too many

the katana sword arts are loving badass

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Benny D posted:

Do you get plenty of Scales late game? Really regretting the ones I spent on the old wolf greatsword or whatever artorias sword is called now. I hate the moveset

You can buy all that poo poo from the handmaiden before the end of the game
Just looked it up lol it's 20K a pop have fun with that

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boomstick Quaid posted:

You can buy all that poo poo from the handmaiden before the end of the game
Just looked it up lol it's 20K a pop have fun with that

I got like 300k souls for clearing Ithyrll so that doesnt sound too bad. I have a Covetous Silver Serpent Ring equipped all the time though.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

I got like 300k souls for clearing Ithyrll so that doesnt sound too bad. I have a Covetous Silver Serpent Ring equipped all the time though.

You got quite a number of bosses till then so hang on to those....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Abyss watchers is such an insane fight

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

All the weapons I want (greatbows, lance and lance style weapons) you dont get until the late game. FML

You can get a Pike from the hollows with the big tree branch/stumps in the Ruins/Swamp.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm shaking thinking about fighting the Abyss Watchers later today.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

You can get a Pike from the hollows with the big tree branch/stumps in the Ruins/Swamp.

Oh word is it the log?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'm shaking thinking about fighting the Abyss Watchers later today.

I just beat them and I can't calm down. Uploading a video for this one because of how epic the fight is. I wanna see how other people this now

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You said something about wanting to fight Lady Maria in this game right? Haha

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Protip stay embered for the interior portion of cathedral of deep the npc invader there is very important to kill

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

You said something about wanting to fight Lady Maria in this game right? Haha

Haha

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Painted guardian armor looks sooooooo good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKpw6sTRRso

only the second time I got to phase 2, so that part of the fight could definitely be cleaner, but this was very thrilling

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

yeah you do. theres at least 1 enemy that drops them as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the abyss watcher sword has an illegal moveset. it's simply too cool.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

the abyss watcher sword has an illegal moveset. it's simply too cool.

Thats the spinny one with the dagger right. I think thats the coolest moveset in the series

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I need to spend like half an hour psyching ymself up to play this game. Its just way too godlike to take lightly

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had no idea you could backstab him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I had no idea you could backstab him

I don't think you can on the second form though. You can see take a normal R1 where I would have gone for th L1 combo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of, its actually disgusting how much damage your L1s were doing to him.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Oh word is it the log?

Don't know, only picked it up, never used it. Don't think so, though. It just said 'pike'.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

Speaking of, its actually disgusting how much damage your L1s were doing to him.

My dex and STR are 30/20, and those are sharp +4

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Whoever killed Orbeck (Sorcery guy near Crystal Sage) and took his ashes, did the handmaiden sell his outfit for you afterwards? Im considering murking him since I'm one intelligence point shy of him not being condescending to me, and if he has a unique armor set thats going to seal the deal.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Whoever killed Orbeck (Sorcery guy near Crystal Sage) and took his ashes, did the handmaiden sell his outfit for you afterwards? Im considering murking him since I'm one intelligence point shy of him not being condescending to me, and if he has a unique armor set thats going to seal the deal.

Yes.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
These caped skeletons are my current rival

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I only needed 10 int for him to move to Firelink, but I also had Magic Weapon attuned at the time so maybe thats why he listened to me.

I ran into the Demon King earlier. Jesus Christ.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Prepare to face my wrath, sinful one

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I came back to cathedral of the deep to finish That Quest and the sky is uh... Very differebt

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

He gives you the ring that cancels footstep sounds if you buy all his spells

You can create a good pvp room basically anywhere with way of white+giant seed+dry knuckle. Got about 60,000 by the Vordt bonfire because killing him doesn't end pvp there and the same dudes just kept invading in. Red guys still get tongues from blue guys so it's not like your being the biggest rear end in a top hat when they swoop in. And purples are cool to summon in since they just go after whoever.

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 16, 2016

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I dont understand how I got the Blue Sentinel cov but the Robert Sttrong guy who gave it to me is really interesting and he looks like Bazuso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Boomstick Quaid posted:

He gives you the ring that cancels footstep sound if you buy all his spells

Id rather have his duds

• Locked thread