Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Has it made Reddit yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
I'm not so sure he's done. He'll be a much better fall guy when fundamentally unlike-able.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

This is it goons.

Ben is done.

That stuff is blowing up on twitter right now and you KNOW he's seen it all. Probably suffering from a panic attack at this very moment.

I'll be very surprised if he's on the next AtV (because they won't let him, not because of health. I don't like him, but I don't wish him actual harm).

I knew they screwed up when they canned wingman.

This is why you don't gently caress with Freespace!

(sorry Milky)

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
I am just a voice on an internet forum but CIG please don't wheel Ben out on any more streams or shows if you have the least bit of decency toward him. Ben take a break man life is too short.

The internet is going to feast on this, this is the worst possible social climate for things like this to suddenly spring to light.

CIG people - if you wheel him out in front of cameras after this you are an utter bunch of cunts.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

his nibs posted:

Has it made Reddit yet?

Nobody has posted a link. Come on, somebody nut up and make the post.

I'm betting we'll have a letter from the chairman explaining why they're keeping Ben around.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

orcinus posted:

I fail to see how any of that is news.
They've been using Twin Bros to collect EU funding since end of kickstarter.

Back then, they justified it by saying they don't have a payment processor set up for EU yet.
Obviously bullshit, but who knew way back then.

If anyone wants, i can dig through my emails, maybe i can find a payment confirmation from back then.

You're joking, right?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?query=sex+with

yeah i'm done reading this.

I need a break.

gently caress.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/721130582361505793?s=09

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/721130746463662080?s=09

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SomethingJones posted:

I am just a voice on an internet forum but CIG please don't wheel Ben out on any more streams or shows if you have the least bit of decency toward him. Ben take a break man life is too short.

The internet is going to feast on this, this is the worst possible social climate for things like this to suddenly spring to light.

CIG people - if you wheel him out in front of cameras after this you are an utter bunch of cunts.

Yeah this will run and run, the whole thing is a feast for a section of the internet that never lets things go.
I've never felt sorry for someone and dry heaved about them at the same time before, it is very strange

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Moogle posted:

Sounds nice; as long as it does what you need it to do, happy days.

As for mine - it happens. I'm calm about it now; yesterday I was bloody fuming. It looks like a short in a connector, so I'm going to have a chat with the vendor and then probably have a punt at solving it if we can come to an agreement on it. If not I guess it's refund time.

When it worked though - very nice unit. Screen was much better than expected. Not as good as a Surface, but very clear and bright, and perfect for me at 100% scale. Plenty of power, cheerfully plays Diablo 3 for when I'm not coding on it, and thanks to having a full SSD it's nice and nippy to use. Even comes with a USB3.1 C for hub shenanigans, with pass-through video for external displays.

If I manage to unbunch my panties and fix this, will go the full nine yards with heatsink mods and bump the power up on it, and it'll be a perfect daily driver.

So gutted though. Perfect for what I need it for, one really daft - but major - snag.

Will definitely have to pick up a Surface if this doesn't go right, though.

That sucks :(

I have a cube i7 thingie - I managed to break the dc jack a few months ago and now I can't get it working again. Guess I'll drop it in the electronics pile for when I find something to do with it. It's got the surface pro 2 lcd display with wacom stylus tech so I can't quite get myself to throw it away.

I like this tablet, but it wouldn't serve as a laptop replacement though it's a really good deal for ~$200.

The i7 tablet had a core-M cpu. It had loving cooler pads between cpu and heat spreader - if the i9 is the same you may indeed see some gains with a cooler mod

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Ragequit posted:

I thought for sure goons were making their own additional quotes with a random number behind them, but welp.

And thus the denizens of the SC thread recoiled together. As the horror in front of their eyes was real. Or at least really virtual.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

spacetoaster posted:

This is it goons.

Ben is done.

That stuff is blowing up on twitter right now and you KNOW he's seen it all. Probably suffering from a panic attack at this very moment.

I'll be very surprised if he's on the next AtV (because they won't let him, not because of health. I don't like him, but I don't wish him actual harm).

I knew they screwed up when they canned wingman.

They fired Will for weed on his desk in a company video-- this is far worse.

I also suspect there are dozens of employees at CIGs either writing WTF? emails to Chris or hastening their cover letters for resumes. This is horrible all around and I really do think-- as bizarre as it is-- the Gaming Press won't ignore this.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
:stonk: Man I can't wait for next week's episodes...

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
This is the real ELE. Theres no way if this becomes general knowledge he can stick around in the spotlight. None.

Post the raw links on reddit and RSI now before someone sits him down and pistolwhips him into deleting it

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

It's a little known fact, but in the deprived North of England, we have to put all our trees indoors at night out of fear of them being stolen by the legions of looters...

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
How can anyone working there even look Ben in the eye anymore?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

G0RF posted:

They fired Will for weed on his desk in a company video-- this is far worse.

I also suspect there are dozens of employees at CIGs either writing WTF? emails to Chris or hastening their cover letters for resumes. This is horrible all around and I really do think-- as bizarre as it is-- the Gaming Press won't ignore this.

Returning I note it's already been tweeted at Kerri, so I guess she and her folks can do their own research, and also at Feminist Frequency too, apparently.

I've never liked FF that much. I find it to be disingenuous a lot of the time, wasting a lot of energy on things that don't really need it and even doing some harm to people along the way, that really didn't have it coming.

But if *ever* there was a legit target for them to go after, there is no doubt now that it is CIG for keeping :lesnick: in a community-facing role and having him as such since their very inception and dismissing any and all concerns or criticism of how he did things, based on this latest find.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
im eternatored game developer banditloaf. i first started playing Wing Commander when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "game development" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "What'd the unhappy husband do on Christmas eve? Murdered his wife and unborn child and dumped them in the ocean. *rimshot*" and "You know what I hate? When some kid dies in a car accident people make a little pile of flowers and crap along the road." in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corner of my one good eye etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics and donuts. i would advise all people who "get" Star Citizen to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
One last thing, search for pokemon, Misty, and furry in that order.

Now I'm done reading.

paaarp.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

osker posted:

Please tweet the blind thing to the National Library Service and the National Federation of the Blind.

What was it? I am on mobile and drinking so my capabilities are impaired.

That dead kid one...I couldn't tweet that at anyone else. drat.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

SomethingJones posted:

How can anyone working there even look Ben in the eye anymore?

C'mon, everyone has an incredibly creepy collection of stalker photos and offensive quotes on their "high school" website, right?

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx

Ah, doubling down on the revelation you're a creepy psychopath. You roll with those punches Ben, it'll make this not a disaster. Somebody might want to grab this tweet in case he takes it down in case this do go nuclear as it hopefully does

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Lime Tonics posted:

Now I'm done reading.

paaarp.

Oh no

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Milky Moor posted:

I honestly do not understand how a person can care so much about a piece of pop culture - not even a particularly good or innovative piece of pop culture! - all the way from literal childhood through to their adulthood in one unbroken causal line.

*looks at Transformers collection, ranging from childhood 80s toys through to one bought yesterday*
... yes. That is certainly pathetic behaviour.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Chickenfrogman posted:

You roll with those punches Ben
Well, yeah, that's what physics would dictate would happen.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Another sad picture from the Deprived North of England folks, here we see one of the state sanctioned flametanks moving in to disperse people who had spent too much time at the waterhole....

(e. realtalk, this was a loving awesome play about a contemporary "King Arthur" set in sheffield. It was set in different areas of the city and you walked between them. There was pyros, automatic gunfire, explosions, loving FLAMETHROWER TANKS, really cool ideas like having headphones to hear the inner monologue of someone with locked in syndrome, all in the Deprived North of England.)

Xaerael fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 16, 2016

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Sunswipe posted:

*looks at Transformers collection, ranging from childhood 80s toys through to one bought yesterday*
... yes. That is certainly pathetic behaviour.

Did you get the license plate of a random car from the movie tattooed on your neck?

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

alphabettitouretti posted:

There is a comment that, to paraphrase, says "I pretended to be blind so the government would pay for college". There isn't any context to say whether it is a dumb joke, exaggeration or a genuine admittance of fraud.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

At first when people were saying Ben has to be sacked I thought it was a bit premature, as I'd only seen the newsanchor pictures which, while creepy af, could probably be played off as a dumb joke. Especially to shitizens that will believe whatever you tell them.

But after seeing all the racist and misogynistic poo poo, not to mention the admissions of stalking, borderline pedo poo poo, and claims of defrauding the government, I don't see how he can not end up getting sacked.

He should be sacked anyway, just for being so goddamned stupid that he didn't realize he should have pulled that poo poo down the second he got hired by CIG.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

quote:

Make like ten burgers and if people ask you, tell them your mom and dad and seven brothers are coming to visit. Then pretend to be all sad when they don't show up, and eat the burgers. #21,598

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SirPhoebos posted:

quote:

D_Smart posted:
I already know the answer to that one, having spoken to my sources. We had a discussion in my private Discord channel today.

They saw my blog that I had ships. They freaked out because it means that I now have "standing" to sue them after May 31st; and which they think is what I alluded to in my blog about the May visit to a Federal (I didn't say which) building.

In between freaking out and calling me names, someone had the brilliant idea that the only way I could possibly have ships - especially since I "thanked" everyone - was by buying through Grey market, or being gifted.

less than 48hrs later?

- accounts getting locked

- resolution fee enforced

It's worse than that, but I can't explain the rest without further verification. Especially since we now have irrefutable evidence that CIG management and staff, have accounts here.
Wait, wouldn't you have standing anyway since you were refunded without your consent? I remember you answered a question I had like months ago-"Expectation of Service" or something like that.

No, I won't, because their ToS - which I agreed to when I opened the account in 2013 in order to claim my KS pledge - gives them the right to refund me without reason. They exercised that right specifically to kick me out, and shut me up.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
Lesnick should have pulled it down the moment he realized that the disconnected braindumps of an immature idiot possibly shouldn't be preserved for all posterity on the internet.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

DOCa Cola posted:

Not sure if posted already. To dump the whole set:
http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?latest=21914

http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/BookOfLOAF.txt

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Shitizens on /r/dereksmart are claiming that the motorized door probably only cost $300 and one of them estimated its price using $100 to $200 for the cost of a used garage door opener.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 16, 2016

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.

Patch Notes PTU 2.4

Removed Racism
Removed Islamophobia
Removed Borderline paedophilic sentiments
Removed Obssessive behaviour towards a female news anchor
Removed Actual stalking of women in real life
Removed Various mysogynistic statements

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

alphabettitouretti posted:

Hmmm, since I pretended to be blind to get the government to pay for college they sent me a thign that reads text for me:~( #13536

I got a cane... now I can pretend to be blind and cars will stop for me and stuff. #12548

but thanks to the fact that I'm sooo blind, I've rearranged my exams to get all week two weeks from now off. #9654

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Nobody has posted a link. Come on, somebody nut up and make the post.

I'm betting we'll have a letter from the chairman explaining why they're keeping Ben around.

done

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4f2gc8/bens_lesnicks_blog_the_book_of_loaf/

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lime Tonics posted:

Now I'm done reading.

paaarp.

Welp, this explains why so many furries are left to breed in the brown sea.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Xaerael posted:

It's a little known fact, but in the deprived North of England, we have to put all our trees indoors at night out of fear of them being stolen by the legions of looters...

isnt the north of england the setting of district 9?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I did an archive.org snapshot of the entire Book of BanditLOAF
https://web.archive.org/web/20160416160319/http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?latest=21914

Preserved for all eternity.

• Locked thread