Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Samiz posted:

Is there some sort of application process for Greater Goon as there is for Goonwaffe or can I just apply to join?

You need to register and post on the forums greatergoon.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

vyst posted:

Lol you just destroyed that nigga. Humble yourself and unfuck your personality Despera.

Check your cultural appropriation privilege.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

-Troika- posted:

this thread has had dota thread level posting for weeks and I hope it gets gassed

The only thing worse than the poo poo posts are the heinous gently caress heads that think they have any sort of tenuous grasp on quality posting.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
That's assuming that quality is the goal.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I'm pretty sure everyone knew about the dread cache, but the thing that likely hosed Kismeteer over was GSOL dudes being forced to do audits of all of our hangars of poo poo in every station, because Kismeteer said "Oh boy if I wanted to I could steal a lot of poo poo!".

You don't do that poo poo during a war where everything is burning down and your logistics dudes are already at wits end. Adding additional work to them could make one snap and just start dumping hangars and wallets.

Sounds like the perfect time to verify poo poo can't be stolen, tbh.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

-Troika- posted:

this thread has had dota thread level posting for weeks and I hope it gets gassed

As someone who has moderate both threads I am happy to say you are quite incorrect.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Few pages ago, but a long long time ago when I used to live in Dek, and hang in theta comms I always thought you were the most insufferable high-on-his-farts arrogant theta nerd. Comms were always fun and the you would get on for 1 to 3 hours and I'd have to mute comms to avoid your haughty elitist vocal fry. P. Sure you're the reason there were so many gated cool kid channels in mumble. I rarely speak ill of people, and am in one of the spergiest tryhard SIGs, so that fact that I have such a clear and vivid memory of how terrible you were from nearly two years ago should be a testament to how absolutely intolerable you are. Thanks and God bless.

:drat:

Serious talk, I don't think I've ever glossed an ullerrm or Boney post and I've been well rewarded for this.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

-Troika- posted:

:same:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Your edit would be right, if it weren't for the fact that having people use APIs to join is a recurring topic every few months in the director chat. The discussion usually ends up the same way, the majority new players don't want to make APIs to get into their first in-game corp. That's a behavior we've tracked over the year plus and keep tabs on.
Serious question: do new players still gently caress it up if you give them a predefined API?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4f1r8t/remember_me_goons_let_me_remind_you_about_the/

quote:

*Systematically dismantled our leadership.
*Annexed our space.
*Awoxxed our spacefriends.
*Built dossiers on all of our pilots, great and small.
*You got your whole coalition to follow us into the desert.
Worst of all, you spread dissent about false promises and destabilised the AUTZ in TEST that I play in.
For this, I am ensuring you pay for these crimes with the utter devastation of your assets and sovereignty in NZ/AUTZ. You have lost members of your coalition, now goose-stepping out of the way. You have lost 386 billion alone on Saturday (16th April) AUTZ with the loss of 2 Supers, 1 Revenant, 1 Titan in build + 1 Erebus in combat. You only brought 14 Triage carriers to a fight where a good portion where not in fit range of each other. You only formed 7 Caracals in the hopes of defeating a 130 man Cerb fleet fielded by TEST. You get farmed on the undock of your staging system.
You are uncoordinated. Slow. Dim-witted. Worst of all, you are arrogant to think you can win this - Arrogant that our attention span is shorter than the latest rounds of sovwoxers discovered in Coalition ranks. You are wrong on every count of lies levied against the MBC.
You can't form up subcaps in AUTZ now and are effectively powerless without a USTZ FC. Your Australian Timezone has lost its independence and become a shadow of itself. There is nothing left of it bar some small amount of defenders. Yet you put your faith in something that doesn't exist because you neglected its very existence. Are you mad? Or is it a sign you have given up on even your own people?
To the Mittani. You are unfit to command your Coalition. You have gone mad with the power that was given to you. Power that should be wielded by someone else far. The information you disseminate to those who follow you misleads them into defeat. You try to lead real world journalists on with lies and figments of your imagination and are caught out by your hubris. You threaten those who put their life into the development of the game so that your will is made manifest. You are nothing but pathetic to those external to your organisation. You are a harpy that needs to be put out of its misery. You are the physical being of familial disappointment and deprecated strategy.
To those seeking the light of a better tomorrow, join the members of the Money Badger Coalition. We will get you out and you, like many in TEST, can achieve that same revenge on those that manipulated and coerced you to do things you didn't agree to ethically and morally.

lol

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Few pages ago, but a long long time ago when I used to live in Dek, and hang in theta comms I always thought you were the most insufferable high-on-his-farts arrogant theta nerd. Comms were always fun and the you would get on for 1 to 3 hours and I'd have to mute comms to avoid your haughty elitist vocal fry. P. Sure you're the reason there were so many gated cool kid channels in mumble. I rarely speak ill of people, and am in one of the spergiest tryhard SIGs, so that fact that I have such a clear and vivid memory of how terrible you were from nearly two years ago should be a testament to how absolutely intolerable you are. Thanks and God bless.

Oh my god he is a theta nerd jumping ship because of ratting space.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reverand maynard posted:

Serious question: do new players still gently caress it up if you give them a predefined API?

For Horde? Sometimes, but we usually then explain to them how to give us the full API etc.

Edit - I mean we have pretty clear details on how to set up your forum account not only in-game but on the forums itself and, well, there are still people who find ways to gently caress that up.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 16, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I ripped the audio for that talking in stations episode and I'll save it for when I need the satisfaction. At 6:50 Killah Bee stops himself from admitting just how poo poo their gameplay is while talking about the state of the war. Either that or you're listening to him catch his own cognitive dissonance, I can't tell. He spends a minute to say there haven't been engagements since M-0 and UQ9, and PGL chimes in to say there wasn't an engagement at UQ9 either. Then Killah B interrupts himself:

Killah Bee: "Those were like major battles and since then it's been basically just pushing and hunting it's more it's like less a... you know... front-on-front war at this point uh it's like more... like... we as PL are just having the time of our lives right trying to like catching all these supers and titans and caps trying to escape out of the north it's great it's just awesome"

Matterall: is it better than beating at brave when they were trying to get out

:v:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Quite a mad post there from test. Not surprised.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Lol this guy is calling is out for grievances in the defeat of BNI because of bombs nevermind if was PL that invaded. The PL/BNI relationship is so god drat funny.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
The really really really obvious and funny thing about the mittani hate is we could shower him with attention all day long but he doesn't want it from us he wants that outside pussy

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
also Killah Bee is a self-important Xel and that's a drat sad thing to witness. Such a waste of an accent.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

frozenpussy posted:

The really really really obvious and funny thing about the mittani hate is we could shower him with attention all day long but he doesn't want it from us he wants that outside pussy

The pussy you don't know is always more alluring than the pussy you do.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

frozenpussy posted:

I ripped the audio for that talking in stations episode and I'll save it for when I need the satisfaction. At 6:50 Killah Bee stops himself from admitting just how poo poo their gameplay is while talking about the state of the war. Either that or you're listening to him catch his own cognitive dissonance, I can't tell. He spends a minute to say there haven't been engagements since M-0 and UQ9, and PGL chimes in to say there wasn't an engagement at UQ9 either. Then Killah B interrupts himself:

Killah Bee: "Those were like major battles and since then it's been basically just pushing and hunting it's more it's like less a... you know... front-on-front war at this point uh it's like more... like... we as PL are just having the time of our lives right trying to like catching all these supers and titans and caps trying to escape out of the north it's great it's just awesome"

Matterall: is it better than beating at brave when they were trying to get out

:v:

:haw:

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!

Samiz posted:

Is there some sort of application process for Greater Goon as there is for Goonwaffe or can I just apply to join?

http://www.greatergoon.com/showthread.php?1470-How-to-join-the-Greater-Goon-NO-MORE-quot-CLEVER-quot-OR-HOMEGROWN-BUTTS

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Despera posted:

Nah I'm sure people enjoy being camped into sarenen unable to do poo poo while the dear leader whines about a third rate Internet news site

Who's camped in saranen? I've been docking and undocking all day yesterday.
In fact, undocking is easy thanks to insta warp. Its the docking back up that's a bitch. I lost 2 interceptors and 2 pods because those drat svipul can lock and blow you up between the time you get out of warp and get accepted in the station. :psyboom:

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Dalael posted:

In fact, undocking is easy thanks to insta warp. Its the docking back up that's a bitch. I lost 2 interceptors and 2 pods because those drat svipul can lock and blow you up between the time you get out of warp and get accepted in the station. :psyboom:

Try setting it as the destination and while you are in warp click autopilot and it *should* auto-dock you

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Sunber posted:

Try setting it as the destination and while you are in warp click autopilot and it *should* auto-dock you

This is not fool-proof. Try getting an instadock on the other side of the station well within the docking ring to perhaps stay further away from the svipuls. Also, make sure you hit ap after you've fully entered warp, otherwise you'll land 15km off.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Daruna posted:

you couldn't just accept what bat country gave as reasons for leaving at face value? you had to have j4gs jumping ship to hold it up against?

Cant you loving read? I said bat was the only entity that I believe has left for non bitch made reasons.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Sunber posted:

That's how I died. :smith:

DisgracelandUSA posted:

This is not fool-proof. Try getting an instadock on the other side of the station well within the docking ring to perhaps stay further away from the svipuls. Also, make sure you hit ap after you've fully entered warp, otherwise you'll land 15km off.

That's actually pretty sound advice. I will do that.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reverand maynard posted:

Cant you loving read? I said bat was the only entity that I believe has left for non bitch made reasons.

Yeah, they left because they were mentally ill not because they wanted ratting space.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

Don't respond to garbage Dirk Action posts.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dalael posted:

There is a loving insta dock Corp bookmark you dork.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

CainFortea posted:

They don't always work as we've been pointing out

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

This is pretty great. I mean I doubt anyone ever knew who you were, let alone "remembers" you. Lol. You're one of many who got crushed over the years, and now, briefly for a week or two you've been ascendant and you're already giving the "there are no goons" speech.

You better monitors us to ensure we never build up in Null Sec again.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

CainFortea posted:

And I will make sure to use it from now on.
Because clearly :f5: dock does not always work.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Despera posted:

I left yesterday, today was the mocking

And yes everyone who has ever left goonswarm was for a dumb not really believable reason

There will be mocking tomorrow as well. And the day after, and the day after and the day after...
Welcome to TEST

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

frozenpussy posted:

What would fruitful results look like. Would it be gnashing of teeth about how CFC isn't giving good war and celebrations over each and ever supercapital kill

Presumably in the fruitful version of the strategy there wouldn't be any supercap kills to be celebrated?

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011
[13:23] <MadzNegro> lmao CFC had a revenant in build?
[13:24] <&el_digin> rest in peace
[13:24] <Charmide> sad
[13:24] <&el_digin> is that the one they suicided carriers on

Congratulations on joining an exclusive club, GSF! :golfclap:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

CainFortea posted:

Like the Waffe dock bookmark in 3T7 can land you 2km away from the stations docking range :psyduck:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="458778953"]
Another day, another CFC super down. This time a CONDI Erebus as the server cluster shut down for downtime ))

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

-Troika- posted:

shut the gently caress up berrik

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Endie posted:

Presumably in the fruitful version of the strategy there wouldn't be any supercap kills to be celebrated?

If we're both happy with the state of things then I guess we'll just have to agree to agree. And I'm notsaying that just because everything is splitting hairs with you.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Sunber posted:

They don't always work as we've been pointing out

Dalael isn't using it. Which was the point I was making. He was just warping to the station and docking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/zYWuMeQ.webm

please dont reply to daruna ty godbless

• Locked thread