Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Whoever killed Orbeck (Sorcery guy near Crystal Sage) and took his ashes, did the handmaiden sell his outfit for you afterwards? Im considering murking him since I'm one intelligence point shy of him not being condescending to me, and if he has a unique armor set thats going to seal the deal.

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
drat.....

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

I dont understand how I got the Blue Sentinel cov but the Robert Sttrong guy who gave it to me is really interesting and he looks like Bazuso.

He's a weird guy with a weird backstory

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Handmaiden's dialogue for receiving ashes of someone you've killed literal seconds ago is loving great. I love her

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Handmaiden's dialogue for receiving ashes of someone you've killed literal seconds ago is loving great. I love her

If you kill her her prices go up

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I just figured out the caped skeletons take a hard stagger from 5 swings of my sword. They're no longer my rivals.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

I just figured out the caped skeletons take a hard stagger from 5 swings of my sword. They're no longer my rivals.

The halberd breaks all skeletons in 1-2 hits... made the catacombs a cake walk

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've now died more times to the fat lady in the cathedral rafters area than I did to the abyss watchers

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

In Training posted:

I've now died more times to the fat lady in the cathedral rafters area than I did to the abyss watchers

You go into that big empty room yet?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Measured my biceps today. 2 inches bigger than when the game came out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I don't know. I just got the second shortcut, this area feels really long between shortcuts, extremely stressful

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

What kind of push-ups are you doing 🤔

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I don't know. I just got the second shortcut, this area feels really long between shortcuts, extremely stressful

The stretches get longer and longer as the game progresses, it's ramped up really well

Edit the guy you get the laying down gesture from, isn't that ladder smith Gilligan?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Benny D posted:

The stretches get longer and longer as the game progresses, it's ramped up really well

Edit the guy you get the laying down gesture from, isn't that ladder smith Gilligan?

LADDDERSMITH GILLIGAN??? OH MY GOD! HES BACK! LADDERSMITH GILLIGAN IS BACK YESSSSSS

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

what the gently caress is with the Untended Graves.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
lmfao what the gently caress smouldering lake why are you down there and what is the deal with those arrows and that big old worm

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

LADDDERSMITH GILLIGAN??? OH MY GOD! HES BACK! LADDERSMITH GILLIGAN IS BACK YESSSSSS

It's 100% him. He's found respite among the ladders

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

lmfao what the gently caress smouldering lake why are you down there and what is the deal with those arrows and that big old worm

You can turn the ballista off, but to save you some later headache you can get the ballista to knock down some destructible wall down there to get a good ring

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

what the gently caress is with the Untended Graves.

Who the hell knows. What the hell is up with the big weasel snake tendril monsters? No one really knows. Stay tuned for the next installment of dark souls 3

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Boomstick Quaid posted:

You can turn the ballista off, but to save you some later headache you can get the ballista to knock down some destructible wall down there to get a good ring

It knocked one down earlier...I found Horace and had to take care of him.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

It knocked one down earlier...I found Horace and had to take care of him.

There's another wall, and there's even more to the area past a bonfire near the fog door

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Ok now I have lol.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I want it on record that the Irrithyl guard dogs/wolfs/gaping dragon things are incredibly easy to kill.

net cafe scandal posted:

[sadly] ladderbro!

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Seems like ladders are more of a carpenter's trade...

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
lol just saw a video where can fly through the deep swamp by using the dagger quickstep weapon art

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Boomstick Quaid posted:

There's another wall, and there's even more to the area past a bonfire near the fog door

It busted through a floor, also. Is the wall out on the lake?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Boomstick Quaid posted:

If you kill her her prices go up

lol

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah I think. Hey apparently also there's a special whip you can only get if you summon an npc for the boss fight there. Its weapon art cause an enemy's stamina to regenerate slower and I'm bummed I missed out on it. It spawns where Cornyx was in undead settlement

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 16, 2016

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Found it! Very clever.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I don't want the kick function to be on forward+attack.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

I don't want the kick function to be on forward+attack.

Im sure you can rebind it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Yeah I think. Hey apparently also there's a special whip you can only get if you summon an npc for the boss fight there. Its weapon art cause an enemy's stamina to regenerate slower and I'm bummed I missed out on it. It spawns where Cornyx was in undead settlement

I hate summoning NPCs and dont really enjoy summoning co-op phantoms in gneral so that sucks

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Just beat Abyss Watchers, High Lord Wotnik and reached the next area. :h: I love this game.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

I hate summoning NPCs and dont really enjoy summoning co-op phantoms in gneral so that sucks

That boss has primarily AoE attacks so I don't think summoning an npc makes it that much easier

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao deacons is a fun boss. Glad they have another fight like this, good tradition

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Lol I just realized that its the tongue whip from DS2

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

In Training posted:

Lmfao deacons is a fun boss. Glad they have another fight like this, good tradition

Make sure you get the armor the boss drops I didn't notice it dropped till I randomly warped back to that bonfire later

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the pvp being so good is going to make every playthrough 100 hrs+

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How do I unhollow? As far as I can tell it doesn't have any gameplay affect (there's probably something) but I want to look like a human again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

the pvp being so good is going to make every playthrough 100 hrs+

It was very tough for me to beat certain bosses... didn't want to close off pvp in that area

• Locked thread