Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Finally decided to go back and Master Belias. Completed it when it came out but lost 3 medals. Now, after a three pull that got me the Defender and Nu-Khai armlet i gave it another go and holy crap it was a slaughter, that felt good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
I just got 5500 greens from the ++ gil dungeon.

And I just yanked on the dollar pull and got a valiant knife for Locke on fft's banner.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I'm glad the FFT banner came around the same time as the new Dailies. Been able to do a few extra 3 pulls and today's got me the Armlet. Gonna throw rocks at all the bad guys.

Also after the orbfests, whichever Daily dungeon has the Cactuars in keeps throwing me off because they're just the same old generic enemies rather than xp pinatas.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

pichupal posted:

Man, i haven't got any drops yet since starting the new dungeons outside of one in the Easy stage I was clearing for Mythril. What are the odds in these?

So far the ++ dungeons have been equal or worse to me then the + dungeons at 30 more stamina.

The ++ material dungeons seem to always drop a 4* mat at minimum and cactuars drop 3 mats. The ++ orb dailies are very iffy since their 4* orb rates are higher but I'm not sure if it's enough to justify the extra stamina cost.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

superloosegoose posted:

I just got 5500 greens from the ++ gil dungeon.

And I just yanked on the dollar pull and got a valiant knife for Locke on fft's banner.

Every time someone says 'lol just pulled a Valiant Knife on a single pull haha' I do a 3-pull, get jack poo poo and die a little inside

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
YES!! Daughters woke me up after 3 hours of sleep. Decided to throw the last of my mithril on a single pull at the Tactics banner, because hey, why not. Finally got Platinum Sword (FFT)!

Spending the rest of the day as a sleep-deprived zombie now feels a little worth it. Suck it, Tidus! Welcome to the team, Ramza!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I have 15 Mythril but after the abysmal 3* 3 pulls I got last night I think I'm going to give up on Tactics banner and do a couple of pulls on the Relm banner since that one still has the increased Vailiant Knife chances I think.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Just used native Shout for the first time. It's...glorious.

RNGesus appears to have a sense of drama on the last day of FFT Banner.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Evil Fluffy posted:

The ++ material dungeons seem to always drop a 4* mat at minimum and cactuars drop 3 mats. The ++ orb dailies are very iffy since their 4* orb rates are higher but I'm not sure if it's enough to justify the extra stamina cost.

The 4* orb rate in the ++ orb dailies is much, much higher than in the + version. At least double. Also higher Magic Pot chance, and while I don't think the 5* rate from those is improved, just fighting more of them leads to more 5*s.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Beasteh posted:

Every time someone says 'lol just pulled a Valiant Knife on a single pull haha' I do a 3-pull, get jack poo poo and die a little inside

You see the problem here, right?

Never not single pull.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

A page or so back, but...

Zone of Danger posted:

Am I just not seeing it, or do newer SSB weapons no longer have unique sprites? Both Machine Gun (Laguna) and Excalibur (Celes) look like the normal attack sprite.

It's not all SSB weapons, just ones they really, really want to hype up. Which is to say, Cloud's junk. I think the Cutting Trigger has a unique sprite too, but it's not a 100% thing for SSB weapons.

Machine Gun does have a custom animation, I believe, but said animation uses the bog standard gun sprite.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Well, I did my last cult pull on FFT and got an off banner 5*. You win banner, you win.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I didn't realize until I thought about it, but the only way to get FF8 characters is by doing the second map path?

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

KataraniSword posted:

It's not all SSB weapons, just ones they really, really want to hype up. Which is to say, Cloud's junk. I think the Cutting Trigger has a unique sprite too, but it's not a 100% thing for SSB weapons.

Machine Gun does have a custom animation, I believe, but said animation uses the bog standard gun sprite.

Lustrous Sword and Yoshiyuki definitely have unique sprites even when other characters are using them. Remember, the original character needs to master the SB before the sprite will change from the base weapon type when wielded by any character, including themselves.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

KataraniSword posted:

Mace of Zeus of all things has a custom sprite. And I think the Yoshiyuki does, too, but then that's a Sephiroth weapon and they like pushing him, too.

(look, no other katana is that long)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I think Valiant Knife is my first unique sprite weapon. Would like to see more of those.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Maduin's Horn is also unique, if a bit weird looking and tends to only appear when auto-ing battles or knocking the heads of teammates.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Tae posted:

I didn't realize until I thought about it, but the only way to get FF8 characters is by doing the second map path?

The only FF8 characters through dungeons are Irvine and Zell.

There's an FF8 event in three weeks though - aside from Zell and Edea, Rinoa, Laguna and Squall return.

Note that Selphie is only available through the Hall of Rites. Quistis does come back in an event, but only about 4-5 months from now.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

AweStriker posted:

Mace of Zeus of all things has a custom sprite. And I think the Yoshiyuki does, too, but then that's a Sephiroth weapon and they like pushing him, too.

(look, no other katana is that long)

On the other hand, the Genji Blade is a bog-standard katana and Gilgamesh is objectively the best character. :colbert:

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

KataraniSword posted:

Hm, must be the number of bullets coming out. Still looks like the rifle sprite.

KataraniSword posted:

On the other hand, the Genji Blade is a bog-standard katana and Gilgamesh is objectively the best character. :colbert:

I'd convinced myself it was a different color than a generic katana

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I think Lightning's Peacemaker is unique, though I recall it looking ridiculous.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
Does untapped power really make a big difference in damage with valiant knife's ssb? What can I do to get the most out off it?

When does the greens shop change/replenish?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I wouldn't concern yourself with trying to eke 'low health damage' out of Locke's SSB, you can't really determine when he's going to get hit unless you're deliberately skipping turns to get his health beaten down or running without mitigation, both of which are foolish things to do.

The greens shop resets weekly, probably next Wednesday since that's when it was instated last week.

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
Well, I tried. 28 pulls on the FFT banner, and the best SB I got off of it was Knight's Knight Shield 2. :smithicide:

Additionally, I just don't have the damage output for Belias, so that's shot too. Not enough AOE output, unfortunately. Ah well. :(

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

ETB posted:

I think Lightning's Peacemaker is unique, though I recall it looking ridiculous.

Since I had them equipped anyways, here's the Peacemaker and the Cardinal on the wrong characters.

I think the Peacemaker also changes the little 'attacked' flourish to produce some red dots that are supposed to resemble rose petals, but I couldn't capture it since Bart died too quickly.

At 99 4/5 stamina now. Almost at 100 :toot:

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

pichupal posted:

I think the Peacemaker also changes the little 'attacked' flourish to produce some red dots that are supposed to resemble rose petals, but I couldn't capture it since Bart died too quickly.

I can't wait for the Scarborough Fair banner

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Opposing Farce posted:

I can't wait for the Scarborough Fair banner

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Time Mages.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Come to think of it, the Peacemaker is my only gun. I actually have no idea what the normal animation looks like at all :v:

The red dots are probably just the normal animation.

Edit: Bayo would be an interesting character though. Combat/Machinist/Celerity/Summoning? Like a weird Gun Mage. That was an X-2 class, right?

pichupal fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 16, 2016

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Orfeo posted:

Well, I tried. 28 pulls on the FFT banner, and the best SB I got off of it was Knight's Knight Shield 2. :smithicide:

Uh, you can't pull the 4* SB equipment for core classes from the gacha- they're all rewards for early realm dungeons. You sure you were looking at the right item?

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.

Schwartzcough posted:

Uh, you can't pull the 4* SB equipment for core classes from the gacha- they're all rewards for early realm dungeons. You sure you were looking at the right item?

Probably not then! Either way, I got jack from the FFT banner. :v:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Didn't see that coming. How is this SB anyway?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

With one last push I got Ramza and Agrias' MCs! Rather than going defensive I went all out on offense with a RW that had Blasting Zone, each hit dealing 4k damage to Gafgarion after he went in the back row. Didn't master the dungeon and it's a shame because the bonuses would have been nice but I guess that one goon who told me I could get their MCs before the event ended despite only starting last week was spot on.

Pointsman
Oct 9, 2010

If you see me posting about fitness
ASK ME HOW MY HELLRAISER TRAINING IS GOING

Augus posted:

Actually pretty decent, it was punching out damage on the level of 3 hit AoE SSBs on ultimate Chad.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Augus posted:

In shout meta, it's basically a 3-hit SSB + a Stun. It's probably the best SB nobody is talking about.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

All I know is my level 36 RW with Hail of Stones gets summoned a minimum of 10 times a day.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Having a crapton of the LIGHTNING resist items made Nook trivial.

Lost 1 medal overall.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
As a guy with Stone throw and Shout, I'm kind of curious. Is it worth using Shout as a RW instead, so I can work in Stone throw, or should I use Shout and HotE RW, and rely on my other physical guys to do the damage(this will often include Valiant Strike). I wonder how I come out ahead. Obv that only applies to situations where I sorely need to maximize my damage--otherwise I'm using the poo poo out of Hail of Stones. I love the animation for that. You just pelt them with rocks.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Kawalimus posted:

As a guy with Stone throw and Shout, I'm kind of curious. Is it worth using Shout as a RW instead, so I can work in Stone throw, or should I use Shout and HotE RW, and rely on my other physical guys to do the damage(this will often include Valiant Strike). I wonder how I come out ahead. Obv that only applies to situations where I sorely need to maximize my damage--otherwise I'm using the poo poo out of Hail of Stones. I love the animation for that. You just pelt them with rocks.

Stone throw soft caps around 30-35k with a 5* RS weapon & Shout. It's up to you if that beats out Hand of the Emperor's buffs (it probably doesn't), but it does offer a good amount of versatility in how you open fights, and would let you run a non-SB Record Materia on Ramza.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Niton posted:

In shout meta, it's basically a 3-hit SSB + a Stun. It's probably the best SB nobody is talking about.

Probably because its the weakest of the SBs for this event...but its still pretty drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Any other character 6 hits + Stun would be godlike but this is Ramza.

• Locked thread