Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Killed the stupid tree. I'm playing as a Pyro and just got the pyro guy. Is it worth it to do the hollowing thing? Unless there is a matching alternative non-hollow quest line I guess I'd do it but if ithere is I'd rather my easy playthrough stay vanilla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I secretly hope Solaire appears in the DLC, still looking for his sun.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Killed the stupid tree. I'm playing as a Pyro and just got the pyro guy. Is it worth it to do the hollowing thing? Unless there is a matching alternative non-hollow quest line I guess I'd do it but if ithere is I'd rather my easy playthrough stay vanilla

IIRC there's no alternative quest line and you can get rid of the hollowing and the dark sigils at the end of the quest line if you want, doing so before you finish the quest will end it prematurely and you won't be able to finish it ever

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

We spoke too soon about the dating sim tag on Steam. You can get married in DSIII.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

SperginMcBadposter posted:

The huge parasite things hit so loving hard :negative:

It's also really hard to tell if they're attacking or just wigglin around. I haven't died to one yet but I had one spawn while a red guy invaded so I was fighting both and then red guy rolled off building and died and I beat parasite thing. It was hilarious and pure :darksouls:

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
did some coop with jay leno

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Onion bro died :(

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
LLJK is the password, this giant fucker is tough

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Skeltal bros helping me out with the demon in the catacombs :3:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

One of the really cool things I noticed in DS3 is that mobs don't just stand there waiting for you, they move around on patrols and sometimes randomly. You can actually use stealth to avoid some really lovely fights.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The rope bridge sequence is really goddamn cool, felt like I was in some grim dark Jason of the Argonauts poo poo for a second there

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Ended up becoming a hexer, got hexers set and sunset staff. I suck at parrying so Persuer is still a pain in the rear end in enclosed spaces and he just happens to be the best source of twinkling titanite needed to upgrade my sunset staff.

However other than the pursuer being a hexer/sorc has been pretty easy with all the other bosses. Just killed the skeleton lords and I guess the chariot boss is up next.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00g2ZbI3ung

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mustang posted:

Ended up becoming a hexer, got hexers set and sunset staff. I suck at parrying so Persuer is still a pain in the rear end in enclosed spaces and he just happens to be the best source of twinkling titanite needed to upgrade my sunset staff.

However other than the pursuer being a hexer/sorc has been pretty easy with all the other bosses. Just killed the skeleton lords and I guess the chariot boss is up next.

skeleton lords may be the easiest boss in any fromsoft game

if you want twinkling titanite, get yourself to shrine of amana quick

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

Bolow posted:

The rope bridge sequence is really goddamn cool, felt like I was in some grim dark Jason of the Argonauts poo poo for a second there

You should explore that bridge! During my first play-through, I managed to miss 3 of the hidden areas/bosses. that bridge is also a ladder on the boss end of things

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Dragon Rider and Covetous Demon would disagree

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
the undead chariot boss is being a pain in the rear end, running into the alcoves to avoid it means I can't see to well and the skeletons gang up on me and I can't seem to role under the spikes as they roll by. The enemies on the way to the boss aren't hard but still sort of annoying to deal with.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mustang posted:

the undead chariot boss is being a pain in the rear end, running into the alcoves to avoid it means I can't see to well and the skeletons gang up on me and I can't seem to role under the spikes as they roll by. The enemies on the way to the boss aren't hard but still sort of annoying to deal with.

Hit the necro guy 3 doors down on the left, go back one door, kill the 3 skeletons, then work your way down using doors on the right to hide until you kill the 2nd necro, then kill his 3 skels and then all you need to do is hit the switch and kill the horse

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

McSpatula posted:

You should explore that bridge! During my first play-through, I managed to miss 3 of the hidden areas/bosses. that bridge is also a ladder on the boss end of things

I was playing chicken with the ballista down there trying to kill that big loving worm with it, didn't work out so well :v:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The old gods are dead. Long live the new flesh.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
im dying

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pinwheel

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Dragon Rider and Covetous Demon would disagree

all 3 of these ive either died to or been in danger of dying. skeleton lords was a joke

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm sorry I can't believe that anyone has died to Pinwheel.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

the toxic slug thing in ds2 was super easy

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The true final boss of every DS game: packs of these fuckers

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

gently caress yooooooooooooooou

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

At least curse only kills you in this game.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

There's a loving room in the Smoldering Lake area that has like 10 of those fuckers and it's real goddamn easy to end up fighting all of them at once :argh:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The extra jumping animation they get this time really screws me up. They leap right where they used to go into their pre-spray animation so you can end up wasting an attack and getting caught in the mist. Now I end up backing up a lot to try and take them on one at a time since the packs are extra deadly.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I like this game alot

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm sorry I can't believe that anyone has died to Pinwheel.

Pinwheel gets by on poo poo lighting and making people panic when burning stamina to get to him when he splits. He's easy but most people die the first attempt.

Dragon Rider is just every melee fight against an opponent with high armor and slow attacks, but if you failed to get the arena to full size I could see him being hard

Covetous Demon is literally :Just put your shield up to his ribs and rotate and attack for the 10 seconds it takes to kill him

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Restarted my playthrough because I accidentally hit RB on someone :v:

At least I have this now

EDIT: Noticed a path in the Crystal Sage area on my second run through and this is a big loving area I missed on my first go around

Bolow fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 19, 2016

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Bolow posted:

Restarted my playthrough because I accidentally hit RB on someone :v:

At least I have this now

EDIT: Noticed a path in the Crystal Sage area on my second run through and this is a big loving area I missed on my first go around

would that be the cathedral of the deep? yknow, the area you need to do to progress through the rest of the game?

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006
Aren't both paths mandatory for progression - farron keep and the cathedral? For what it's worth, you can easily skip four of the later bosses before linking the flame if you aren't careful to explore.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Both are needed. Farron for a soul and the Cathedral to get the doll key for entering Boreal Valley.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
champion gundyr is a bullshit boss

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

would that be the cathedral of the deep? yknow, the area you need to do to progress through the rest of the game?

Yeah I finally ran into the bon fire and headed back after I ran into some dual wielding scimitar dude. I hadn't even killed the watchers yet at that point hence my confusion

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

OnlyAfro's first post-release video :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbR7MYGPR6c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Wait how do you get more than two summon phantoms?

• Locked thread