Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

DrBouvenstein posted:

Two things:

1) The spaghetti and worm monsters in the Cathedral seem to have some kind of "super bleed." Much like Frenzy in Bloodborne, it keeps building long after I get hit...like...WAY too long. As in, the meter fills two and a half times. I'm guessing if I was nude with no bleed resist, it would be 3. The gently caress is going on? The merchant lady in Firelink isn't selling me any anti-bleed items, so I have to waste 2 Estus gulps from getting hit once. Surely there's a way to stop it from building up?

You ever play MGS 3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Almost done with covenants that are needed for achievements.

Need 14 more swordgrass for wolf, and 24 shackles for mound.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Regy Rusty posted:

If you do that you don't get the Ring of Favor and Protection.

I don't need some gimmick ring. :colbert:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Mazerunner posted:

Ok, in the Demon Ruins, nearish the start, there's an item across a small pit in a narrow hallway past a bunch of enemies.

Anyone know what this is? Is it worth it? Because for the life of me I can't make that jump (is there another way?)

e; or the items past Tsorig

Anyone? I looked it up and that item is an estus shard, so I def. want it, but even at 0% ecumbrance I can't make the jump.

e; got it. in the antechamer bonfire there's an invisible wall

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 16, 2016

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Internet Kraken posted:

Fucks sake you can't even backstab people chugging estus in this game.

Too fast to try to get them in the back.

I just swing at those who run away, it feels like the weapon has a bigger reach when you run swing.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Tallgeese posted:

That would depend on how willing you are to risk From thinking your save data is, ahem, invalid.

Only if you go crazy with duping everything. Getting up to 30 proofs of Concord would be relatively safe. I'm willing to try with someone else who would have some to try and dupe.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

DontMindMe posted:

Almost done with covenants that are needed for achievements.

Need 14 more swordgrass for wolf, and 24 shackles for mound.

Apparently you can just find a +1 version of that wolf ring on a corpse at Keep Ruins in NG+

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Fashion souls continues.

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!
For fucks sake game, can I please summon someone in the Cathedral of the Deep? I'm not too high level for that area am I? 35 with a +3 weapon.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

Anyone? I looked it up and that item is an estus shard, so I def. want it, but even at 0% ecumbrance I can't make the jump.

I know you don't have to jump over any of those pits. There are always ways around to the other side. Try looking for illusory walls.

For items in the lava just fire resist and estus. You might have to make a couple suicide runs.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I thought you have to find every version of each ring for the ring trophy. The +1s and +2s.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

how the heck do you deal with the two giant crocodile wolf things before the Aldritch Faithful covenant? Even fighting one at a time I get eaten in very short order.

Stay in the alcove with the ladder. Pull the one on the left with a ranged attack, and fight it in that small space. They're a lot easier if you have an upgraded shield. Lothric Knight Shield gets pretty decent stability with upgrades. Honestly, the thing that screwed me up with those dudes is you expect to try and get behind them or underneath them like most enemies of the series, and that loving backwards bite will always destroy you. Their attacks from the front are easier to dodge. Stay in front to bait them and punish. Also you can visceral attack them when they get staggered.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

I was invading in the Cathedral and got summoned into a world where the host had gone into the boss gate, but the phantoms couldn't. It didn't kick me out, so I killed the phantoms and stood at the fog gate spamming 'Hello!' and 'Hey!' over and over again until he died.

Also the T-posing is kinda funny in co-op but it's really awful when you're invading. Hopefully they fix that.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
For stuff like the morion blade do you need the stats to use the weapon before the passive kicks in or does the passive always work regardless of your stats?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Help Im Alive posted:

Apparently you can just find a +1 version of that wolf ring on a corpse at Keep Ruins in NG+

Apparently you need every variation of each ring for achievement.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

I thought you have to find every version of each ring for the ring trophy. The +1s and +2s.

DontMindMe posted:

Apparently you need every variation of each ring

Oh my bad, I didn't know that - that sucks

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

HnK416 posted:

For fucks sake game, can I please summon someone in the Cathedral of the Deep? I'm not too high level for that area am I? 35 with a +3 weapon.

i mean i got someone at like 48-50 but cathedral is a super awesome level that owns and aside from killing giants early and maybe not putting up with the deacons' poo poo :bahgawd: I'd do it solo just for the atmosphere

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

The Iron Rose posted:

how the heck do you deal with the two giant crocodile wolf things before the Aldritch Faithful covenant? Even fighting one at a time I get eaten in very short order.

try Bleeding

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Where do you find the "HEY!" and "HELLO!" vocal emote things

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Where do I find the respec lady? I have done everything there is to do in the cathedral I think, sans going to the other side of the gate that patches knocks down but I can't find a lever to bring it back up. I feel like I looked everywhere here.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 16, 2016

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

a cop posted:

Where do you find the "HEY!" and "HELLO!" vocal emote things

Give a present to a bird friend.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Where do you find sacred flame in smouldering ruins? I've searched everywhere and haven't found it because this place is a mess.

VVV http://www.usgamer.net/articles/dark-souls-3-all-crows-nest-trade-items-pickle-pee-pump-a-rum-crow

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 16, 2016

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Nuggan posted:

Give a present to a bird friend.

I tried a bunch of items w/ them, what do they actually respond to in ds3?

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
Is there a "goon" password for matchmaking?

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not feeling the farron greatsword. Kind of wish I took the other option.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I just beat the Deacons. Anything else I'm supposed to do in the cathedral?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Nuggan posted:

Fashion souls continues.

Are we doing this now?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Internet Kraken posted:

Where do you find sacred flame in smouldering ruins? I've searched everywhere and haven't found it because this place is a mess.

It's in the lava pit with Fume guy IIRC, all the way at the bottom with the basilisks and such. It's the furthest item out in the pool.

golem_ii
Dec 22, 2004

Can't find Patches anywhere - I go to the top of the Shrine tower and come back down, but he isn't there. I've already visited Irithyll so did I go too far? Is Siegward stuck in that well forever?

edit: And right after I post this I find him past one of the stairs. Probably I missed getting locked in because I fell off the top the first time :banjo:

golem_ii fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 16, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Holy poo poo, the skeleton army, the suspension bridge, giant blinged out skeleton king, and then that loving gorgeous view when you leave the catacombs. I loved every minute of that and I'm glad I didn't spoil myself on any of it.

Now I just need to figure out how to stop dying to the enemies in the new area

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Emalde posted:

It's in the lava pit with Fume guy IIRC, all the way at the bottom with the basilisks and such. It's the furthest item out in the pool.

....oh there's actually items in there? I assumed it was an instant death trap.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

....oh there's actually items in there? I assumed it was an instant death trap.

Yeah there's two pools with two items each.

Pool past the knight slayer- sacred flame on the left, ember on the right
Pool past a dearly departed old friend- toxic mist closest, white hair talisman (can cast both pyromancy and miracles) furthest out. I think maybe you could drop down from above from the one hole by the rat?

Put on your highest fire resist gear, use flash sweat (/profuse sweat?).

Roll, estus, walk while estusing, maybe roll again but probably not, estus, estus, estus.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 16, 2016

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
So, are there any bosses in Carthus other than Wolnir and the Great Demon King?

Also the way from the Demon King up to the loving huge ballista was about 10 times harder than the actual King. I was really disappointed there was nothing up there though, what a rip-off. I guess I should be happy with all the nice loot in the catacomb part beforehand...

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I just beat the Deacons. Anything else I'm supposed to do in the cathedral?

Did you find...

NESguerilla posted:

Where do I find the respec lady? I have done everything there is to do in the cathedral I think, sans going to the other side of the gate that patches knocks down but I can't find a lever to bring it back up. I feel like I looked everywhere here.

Use the elevator that was on the one shortcut path. Fully explore that area, until you get to the rafters. Drop down.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I never really bothered with the PvP/covenant stuff in the other games, is it at all likely that From will patch that stuff to make the covenant items any easier to get? I need 30 of the Concord Kepts and 30 Wolf's Blood Swordgrass both of which seem borderline impossible to get summoned for at a high level (and I've had zero luck trying to farm them)

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I ran into a couple weird bugs trying to help people out on Crystal Sage today. At one point, the host glitched through the fog wall and I never got notice that the critical battle started, so I was just stuck behind the wall and couldn't help.

During another fight, one of the Sage's mimics wouldn't die no matter how many hits he took, and it completely stalled the battle. A new wave wouldn't spawn and I had to leave back to my world.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

il serpente cosmico posted:

I ran into a couple weird bugs trying to help people out on Crystal Sage today. At one point, the host glitched through the fog wall and I never got notice that the critical battle started, so I was just stuck behind the wall and couldn't help.

During another fight, one of the Sage's mimics wouldn't die no matter how many hits he took, and it completely stalled the battle. A new wave wouldn't spawn and I had to leave back to my world.

You don't have to kill the mimics. Just punch the sage until he ports again.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kinda wishing I hadn't picked a mage for the moonlight greatsword right about now. I'm sure it'll be cool, but it is taking ages and I don't really have a good primary weapon for my magic stat yet. also I really don't like the catacombs so far

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mazerunner posted:

Yeah there's two pools with two items each.

Pool past the knight slayer- sacred flame on the left, ember on the right
Pool past a dearly departed old friend- toxic mist closest, white hair talisman (can cast both pyromancy and miracles) furthest out. I think maybe you could drop down from above from the one hole by the rat?

Put on your highest fire resist gear, use flash sweat (/profuse sweat?).

Roll, estus, walk while estusing, maybe roll again but probably not, estus, estus, estus.

Even with my bets fire resist gear on, profuse sweat, and red bug pellets, I die right after picking up one item. Fun :geno:

I know about the lava pool behind the illusory wall, but where's the second one? I've never seen Tsorig down here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

If you do that you don't get the Ring of Favor and Protection.

I like how I spent just inside of 45 hours on the first playthrough and missed so much. How do I get this?