Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it's kind of dumb that you get so many invaders though. its like i used the dried finger all the time but i didn't. invaders will pour in within 30 seconds of eachother and if i dont have phantoms i get ganged up on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i posted a story where a dude chugged all his estus and did the cutthroat gesture and i immediately owned him in 10 seconds and that happened in 1-1 NG+, where the majority of pvp happens

yeah but you stunlocked him with longsword r1s. whos the noob in this story

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

it's kind of dumb that you get so many invaders though. its like i used the dried finger all the time but i didn't. invaders will pour in within 30 seconds of eachother and if i dont have phantoms i get ganged up on

This is why I use way of blue, albeit with the dried knuckle

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

I love poo poo like this. Use a white branch and have a lol.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Come to think of it, Deacons is probably the closest to a real berserk fight I've seen in this series so far

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

cant wait to solo the deacons w/ an appreciable level of health. they go down so fast in NG i didnt even get to see them do anything lol

co-oping that fight is also a good laugh

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

yeah but you stunlocked him with longsword r1s. whos the noob in this story

hey..it was a butcher's knife. he knew what he was rolling into

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Purple invaders: Honorable. Gesture trigger happy. Will sit in the sidelines if you have another invader or are doing pve. Nicest guys you'll ever meet.
Red and Blues: Disgusting. Gankers. Twisted loving psychopaths

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

I think it rules

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Btw you can backstab Abyss Watchers phase 2, I just did it then died.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

Btw you can backstab Abyss Watchers phase 2, I just did it then died.

I sunbroed a bit at abyss watchers and it's just taking turns stabbing the dude in the back

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

I think it rules

Yup

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I feel like invaders are treating me respectfully because I'm swagging around with no phantoms.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

I feel like invaders are treating me respectfully because I'm swagging around with no phantoms.

I love when this happens and you can spot them in the background clapping or jumping while youre fighting the other red

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Im definitely looking forward to trying an embered-only challenge run in the future

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

you think new content in NG+ is bad???

i think thats like, the icing on the cake. at least some bonus BP enemies here and there, new NPC invasions. having nothing at all be different in ng+ is dumb

although i will say that all of the NPCs in NG+ are noticeably smarter, and use spells and stuff more. though i might just be imagining it

seems gay when you could piut all of that in the regular game and not have to go through an entire playthrough just to get to it. u get some +1 rings and harder gameplay as it is. and frankly i dont know about you but i think the modern gaming trend of having to have rewards for every thing you choose to do in it like youre some kind of child or a dog is really tacky and patronising

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think I like invasion mechanics a lot.

+ Solo hosts still get plenty of invaders
+ Hosts with phantoms are almost guaranteed to experience invasion
+ Invaders risk very little and prevailing against a gank by using your head feels amazing
+Duels are easy to set up, no embers needed

-Invasions don't give you many souls

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

I think I like invasion mechanics a lot.

+ Solo hosts still get plenty of invaders
+ Hosts with phantoms are almost guaranteed to experience invasion
+ Invaders risk very little and prevailing against a gank by using your head feels amazing
+Duels are easy to set up, no embers needed

-Invasions don't give you many souls

Invaders actually risk a lot since now you lose your souls and have to retrieve them if you die.
My biggest problem with covenants right now is how weapon tier transitions seem to break the watchdogs covenant (+3->+4) and bluebros later on (+6->+7)

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 16, 2016

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Dragon torso stone is incredible

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Benny D posted:

Dragon torso stone is incredible

Did you get the shiny head stone yet? It's my fave

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

The former. It expands outward and gets me.

This is happening to me. cool boss though

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

Im definitely looking forward to trying an embered-only challenge run in the future

i was embered for my whole first run and if i ran out i would invade a bunch to refill.....i dont think it added much challenge

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Beat the game. It's a testament to the quality of this game that I wanna make a new character immediately after the first playthrough.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also i ran through all of the catacombs because it was a tough place and i was afraid of all the skeletons

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

Beat the game. It's a testament to the quality of this game that I wanna make a new character immediately after the first playthrough.

it was really hard for me to delay ng+ until i had killed every boss

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

im literally always embered and ive been invaded a single time in 20hrs of playing what am i doing wrong

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You haven't reached gaming nirvana till you parry a Abyss Watcher cosplayer with his own sword and pwn his rear end. Super gay that it can't be buffed though. I want to cast Carthus Flame Arc on it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

40 lbs to freedom posted:

im literally always embered and ive been invaded a single time in 20hrs of playing what am i doing wrong

dying

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is Demons Souls 2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

This is Demons Souls 2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

deacons of the deep owns. i got to see their attacks and its a fun fight lmao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

finishing off the host with the damage from the armor of thorns roll has me soaring

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bobnumerotres posted:

Purple invaders: Honorable. Gesture trigger happy. Will sit in the sidelines if you have another invader or are doing pve. Nicest guys you'll ever meet.
Red and Blues: Disgusting. Gankers. Twisted loving psychopaths

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

finishing off the host with the damage from the armor of thorns roll has me soaring

ohhhh i m glad thats back. love that armor

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Me, the host: Cuck

My phantoms: I'm gay

My invaders: cuckservative hth xbone anroid

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the first time i ever beat demons souls the last hit i got on king allant was a shield bash with the spiked shield. i made it like a +10 or whatever because i didnt know what was going on but it did hella damage.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

Me, the host: Cuck

My phantoms: I'm gay

My invaders: cuckservative hth xbone anroid

wow

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

I really liked that fight even though it was easy as poo poo compared to others

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i wanna coop for it just to see how ridiculous it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

seems gay when you could piut all of that in the regular game and not have to go through an entire playthrough just to get to it. u get some +1 rings and harder gameplay as it is. and frankly i dont know about you but i think the modern gaming trend of having to have rewards for every thing you choose to do in it like youre some kind of child or a dog is really tacky and patronising

there are situations that are perfect for NG+ where the player is fully equipped and has more experience, but might be too much for a player in NG. nothing wrong with wanting to see even more stuff thrown at you in an action game lol

but whatever. game's p much perfect and everything dealing way more damage in NG+ goes a long way on its own

• Locked thread