Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A moment to catch your breath.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgMoLLGWwAA6Qqo.jpg:large

just a link, spoiler of a later area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I have to stop though because everything is kicking my rear end.

its very hard, and its not built to be broken like des and dark souls 1 are. you just gotta man up and try that hard fight again

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

even when the game forks and you have path A or path B either one hands your rear end to you lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

even when the game forks and you have path A or path B either one hands your rear end to you lmao

yeah i could also go through the demon ruins but everyhng there kicks my rear end too lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my favorite level is probably the initial irythill area. you need to have completed the church of the deep, the swamps and the catacombs to get there, so from the getgo the devs know you have all these solved puzzles and boss heads under your belt and they can REALLY start loving with you

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a Loving Dog posted:

lmao ive been sunbroing for awhile on the champion gundyr and it took me forever to realize that "Sword Master" was an npc i thought some dude was just cosplaying as the master and we kept getting matched up

This happened to me in DS2 with the Mage for the 3 spinny knights

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

being a watchdog of farron is awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is dark souls 1 forest pvp w better level design. however im convinced the (late cov)darkmoon blade covenant doesnt work at all lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dark moon is Def broken

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I hope that stuff gets fixed soon

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
do NOT summon holy knight hodrick in the forest of sacrifice on ng+.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

do NOT summon holy knight hodrick in the forest of sacrifice on ng+.

porque

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I was about to post about how Abyss Watchers are total punks and that I don't get what you guys are seeing in them but then the cutscene started and Jesus Christ.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

One of the FYAD guys in the old thread said they saw the most beautiful / most horrifying things they've seen in a game were in this game. What were those btw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

One of the FYAD guys in the old thread said they saw the most beautiful / most horrifying things they've seen in a game were in this game. What were those btw

The steam store before they launched the game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The second half of the Pontiff...Christ.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I don't know what thread it was or who posted it but I'm still laughing at "memes or some say... Maymays"

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

hes deadly

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

being a watchdog of farron is awesome

now its been like 30 minutes and no invasions lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Bobnumerotres posted:

this is dark souls 1 forest pvp w better level design. however im convinced the (late cov)darkmoon blade covenant doesnt work at all lol

i just got summoned and wrecked a guy with it. thats one in 4 hours though lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I love the thing you get from Pickle Pee when you trade in an Alluring Skull.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

i got one bite in like 20 hours of wearing the item and then it cancelled before it started loading

Soral
May 30, 2009

also i aged out of the place i liked to do mound maker invading so i'm really at kind of a loss at what to do to get those covenant items

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

anyone using flynn ring: does it work the same way as ds2 where your vitality level doesn't matter or is it different this time around? haven't been able to find anything about it

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

also the crystal sage was a punk but i suspect things are about to get tougher

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Soral posted:

also i aged out of the place i liked to do mound maker invading so i'm really at kind of a loss at what to do to get those covenant items

you can farm all of the covenant items if you really want

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

anyone who uses a small poky weapon in pvp should be shot in the loving face imo

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Homework Explainer posted:

anyone using flynn ring: does it work the same way as ds2 where your vitality level doesn't matter or is it different this time around? haven't been able to find anything about it

Seems like it's based on your current equipped items load.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

I love the thing you get from Pickle Pee when you trade in an Alluring Skull.

ive got one that goes "im so-rry" lol its really good

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

anyone who uses a small poky weapon in pvp should be shot in the loving face imo

People who spam Uchigatana roll attacks when I don't have a parry weapon equipped make me upset

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

nameless king is a huge rear end in a top hat

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

got him! lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't mouse over the spoiler, but he'll, congrats.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I might make a new character tonight to take a break from progressing.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

im farming covenant items so i can get the plat and its taking all the joy out of the game for me. why cant the goddamn covenants just work

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I want that loving wepon buff miracle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I want that loving wepon buff miracle

I want the one that sounds crazy, I think it's a deep miracle that buffs health, damage, stam recovery and defense.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

alright gently caress this boring poo poo. i hope covenant ranks carry over to ng+ and also that htey actually work!!!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

im farming covenant items so i can get the plat and its taking all the joy out of the game for me. why cant the goddamn covenants just work

im assuming theyll work great once everythings settled in.....patience i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

alright gently caress this boring poo poo. i hope covenant ranks carry over to ng+ and also that htey actually work!!!

i was hoping there wouldnt be any trophies tied to covenants again. oh well

• Locked thread