Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The last line is my favourite because you know he's still desperate for her to respond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Step 1: Find and outline common ground with the object of your desire
Step 2: Poison that ground, forever.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

"Man I wish more women played video games!"

"Hey, I really liked the new Witcher game!"

"Oh yeah? Who was their Lead QA officer then?"

"..."

"Stupid fake oval office"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

EmmyOk posted:

"Man I wish more women played video games!"

"Hey, I really liked the new Witcher game!"

"Oh yeah? Who was their Lead QA officer then?"

"..."

"Stupid fake oval office"

You can't blame them though - Fake ones are the only ones they'll ever get any experience with.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I'm a dude and i don't even know the answer to that, am i a fake gamer too? :ohdear:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

EmmyOk posted:

I saw this on twitter last night and I don't think I saw it here before, if I'm wrong then I am the IOSM so it's fine

I love that the obvious answer for the lack of immediate reply is that she is busy playing the game, which goes right over his head.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I can picture him sat there imagining his proposal to her written in a levels design

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My favourite response to ~*fake*~ gamer girls will forever be

"Nash Scribblings posted:

Frequently pronounces video games as “Blideo Bames”

Will often say “I need help passing this level it’s really hard” then when you look at their screen it’s running Microsoft Excel 2007

They invite you over to their place to check out their game collection and it’s just every season of Frasier (still impressive)

Their Xbox One is actually a series of tissue boxes glued together with the word “NINTEMDO” painted over it

When you ask their favourite video game they respond by doing a series of skillful backflips, temporarily distracting you from having asked the question in the first place

Keeps a secret diary with “I HATE VIDEO GAMES AND I NEVER PLAY THEM” written on every page

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

i wish video games were the only way i could connect with people

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Dienes posted:

I love that the obvious answer for the lack of immediate reply is that she is busy playing the game, which goes right over his head.

Unlike that fake gamer guy, she's too busy playing videogames to socialize.

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Volume posted:

I managed to click on it the second before he deleted it. Was beautiful.

What was it?

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
My very stupid uncle shared this on FB today. Its just a photo of the Home Depot logo and this story. It's so IOSM and STDH I am beside myself.

quote:

So I am at Home Depot today and the older gentleman in front of me shows his ID for a veterans discount. The clerk tells him he does not qualify for a discount so the gentleman asked to see a manager. They ask me to go to another line because this may take a few minutes. I tell them no thanks I want to hear this.
So a young cocky full of himself moron comes to talk to the gentleman and says no you do not qualify. The gentleman tells him he has always gotten a discount there. So the moron says well we have told our people to tighten the rules and we only give what corporate requires we give and you do not qualify. The gentleman says he will then take his business elsewhere. The young moron replies that is your choice. The gentleman starts to leave and I step in.
I tell the moron if one of your idiot friends walked through the door right now you would have the option of giving him a discount and with your attitude you would do it. So step over to the register and give this guy his discount. He says he does not qualify for it.
So I tell him look here is how this is going to work. Either you give this guy a discount and I call Home Depot corp and tell them how good of a manager you are in spite of the stupid policy.
Or I go home call Home Depot corp tell them I stupid the policy is and their manager is a moron, then I blast face book and it goes viral and you get to be the moron you are.
I think you know which one he chose!
So people please blast Facebook with this story.
It was store E Spokane #4714
5617 E Sprague Ave
Spokane Valley, WA 99212
What a shmuck, he also told the gentleman that he would have to talk to the CEO of Home Depot to change his mind.
I hate people who do not respect our military.
BLOW IT UP PEOPLE

65k shares... why in the gently caress...

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I'm a dude and i don't even know the answer to that, am i a fake gamer too? :ohdear:

Of course not, you're a dude. You can do no wrong.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I worked at Home Depot for a while. They don't do military discounts, and there was a big sign at the register saying they don't do them.

also please do not blow up a home depot there is so much shrapnel in there

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Home Depot has veteran discounts?

Apparently they do:

http://www.snopes.com/home-depot-veteran/

But only on veteran related holidays, or if you're active duty, or if you're retired with a disability.

So yeah. It's like asking for the Tuesday Lady's Special Oil change...on Wednesday, when you were a lady but now identify as a man.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Spouses got madder about that policy than any actual soldier did that I saw.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Byzantine posted:

Spouses got madder about that policy than any actual soldier did that I saw.

I find it tends to be the same way with senior and disability things. I see a lot of tourists come and go and a lot of times there's an older or crippled partner who doesn't really give a gently caress anymore but their husband or wife insists on basically marching everywhere demanding special treatment for them because they're old or broken or whatever while they're just sighing and trying to say it doesn't matter, they can manage fine as is they don't need it.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Immolat1on posted:

My very stupid uncle shared this on FB today. Its just a photo of the Home Depot logo and this story. It's so IOSM and STDH I am beside myself.

65k shares... why in the gently caress...

Right Wingers have had it out for Home Depot for years because of some "homo agenda" poo poo. This is probably the remnants from that nonsense.

veggiebacon
Jul 14, 2015

bunky posted:

Right Wingers have had it out for Home Depot for years because of some "homo agenda" poo poo. This is probably the remnants from that nonsense.

Never under estimate the influence of NASCAR on the Right Wing. My parents used to be really into it, and Home Depot's driver, Tony Stewart, was generally regarded as an rear end in a top hat. I think he had issues with my parents' favorite drivers, so we shopped at Lowe's.

I remember it took a long time for people to stop passing around the story about how Home Depot = terrorists because they had staff training that was basically "don't be a dick just because of someone's religion."

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Krispy Kareem posted:

Home Depot has veteran discounts?

Apparently they do:

http://www.snopes.com/home-depot-veteran/

But only on veteran related holidays, or if you're active duty, or if you're retired with a disability.

So yeah. It's like asking for the Tuesday Lady's Special Oil change...on Wednesday, when you were a lady but now identify as a man.

Basically this. I worked at a Home Depot for a while, and when I started the policy was lax. Flash a card? Sure, whatever, discount. But, then they wanted us to crack down on it. So we did. Or rather, some cashiers did. Some didn't (which was AWESOME). We had a nice printed sheet that showed what cards we took, and I would explain it to people when they asked. And generally, if they were polite, I told them I would give them 10% good customer discount anyway, you know just remember for next time (which hey, I can't remember your face, so just keep being polite score for you cuz I'll repeat it to you each time!). If they yelled and had a hissy fit I didn't offer that, because gently caress you I make 9.75 an hour. And what someone else said, it was almost ALWAYS spouses (particularly younger ladies for some reason) who had absolute tantrums over this -- I have no idea WHY.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I think spouses are like that often because it's often easier to get angry/indignant on someone's elses behalf.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Having a few acquaintances who are Army wives, no one likes to special treatment like military spouses.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
My aunt just shared this

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
No

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

oldpainless posted:

I think spouses are like that often because it's often easier to get angry/indignant on someone's elses behalf.

I think it's more likely that a lot of military spouses are people who just married a soldier for the bennies.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

from a few pages back, but enjoy this conversation from the comments

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
stay safe no ghost

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

boy if an event (traumatic as it was!) 38 years ago still effects a person on that visceral of a level, they should probably seek some help

JigglyPuff
Jun 3, 2002

china bot posted:

My aunt just shared this

I have no idea what this is. See what? Is it just some racist thing? I don't understand what your aunt or anyone else is trying to say by sharing that.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Arctic Baldwin posted:

boy if an event (traumatic as it was!) 38 years ago still effects a person on that visceral of a level, they should probably seek some help

Maybe they just really dislike pseudo-profound dipshits who whine about political correctness and the whole aunt-and-uncle thing is just an extra bit of irritation

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Some people are really,really upset that people working in fast food will have a livable wage aren't they?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Some people are really,really upset that people working in fast food will have a livable wage aren't they?

Look, it's not important that I get paid more. It just matters that I know someone out there is getting paid that much worse.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Eponine posted:

Having a few acquaintances who are Army wives, no one likes to special treatment like military spouses.

I'm sure I posted it in the PYF or DnD thread at the time but I a couple of people on my Facebook saw this when it was published in 2012 and didn't get that Duffelblog is the military Onion.

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/07/new-dod-policy-to-assign-rank-to-military-spouses/

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Soviet Commubot posted:

I'm sure I posted it in the PYF or DnD thread at the time but I a couple of people on my Facebook saw this when it was published in 2012 and didn't get that Duffelblog is the military Onion.

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/07/new-dod-policy-to-assign-rank-to-military-spouses/

Is the punishment that you have to buy whatever pyramid scheme crap the other spouse is selling?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Anyone doing that should be fired for gross breaches in work place health and safety holy poo poo

CoolZidane
Jun 24, 2008

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

If working fast food is so easy, you'd think people would leap at the chance to make $15/hr for no effort.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

It's come up before, but drat I find this attitude bizarre. Are you saying scaffolders should be paid more, or burger servers should be paid less? What kind of bitter do you have to be to wish a lesser wage on someone?

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

EvilGenius posted:

It's come up before, but drat I find this attitude bizarre. Are you saying scaffolders should be paid more, or burger servers should be paid less? What kind of bitter do you have to be to wish a lesser wage on someone?

There's a couple of things at play here:

One is the question of who deserves what. In this hierarchy people in trades are categorically more deserving than fast food workers and should be paid substantially more.

The second is just world theory, those construction workers make 17 bucks an hour because that's clearly what the market has decided and the market is the sole moral arbiter of pay. Artifically raising the pay of fast food workers gives them a moral "worth" that they don't have the right to. Since the construction worker's pay was set by the market it's already where it should be so it's the fast food worker who should get less, not both getting more.

Source: I was a shithead conservative teenager, although I wasn't able to put those ideas into words until much later . The ironic thing is that my family were dirt poor farmers and thus towards the bottom of the "moral worth" scale but propaganda is a hell of a thing.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas
But these markets don't occur in isolation, right? Wouldn't the fact that a McDonald's cashier earns almost as much as a construction worker drive people away from a risky job into a relatively mindless and safe one, forcing builders wages up in turn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

EvilGenius posted:

But these markets don't occur in isolation, right? Wouldn't the fact that a McDonald's cashier earns almost as much as a construction worker drive people away from a risky job into a relatively mindless and safe one, forcing builders wages up in turn?

Those are meaningless questions for people who think this way. For them the market is natural and moral structure, artifically bumping up the builders wages indirectly is as immoral as bumping up the fast food workers wage.

The underlying assumption is that the free market pays a fair wage because the definition of a fair wage is what the free market pays. An underlying assumption behind that one is that employers already pay their employees the most they can afford in order to attract the best people for the job and that in the free market productivity drives wages in a meaningful way thus forcing higher wages will unquestionably harm the business because it's already a finely tuned machine running at peak efficiency.