Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Ah, RIP. Oh well, at least we can invade/summon across NG/NG+.

Hey Tallgeese, how's the anti-cheat situation? Would I get softbanned or anything if I used it offline to get more than one copy of some weapons? I like to gift poo poo :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The standard sad guy hosed off fro the base.... where he's at?

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Crystal Sage takes the new record for easiest Souls boss, probably literally the only one I've done without even taking a hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O45z0Ju3_U8

He's still harder than pinwheel I think.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Vintersorg posted:

The standard sad guy hosed off fro the base.... where he's at?

Usually chilling just outside to the left were that one dog enemy is.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Question for those who might know - does the password system still allow you to summon people from outside your level range? Because I could use some higher level help on something rather dumb that I'm trying right now.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Oh no! I have made a terrible mistake!

Seigward died in the time it took me to go grab stormruler, equip it, and charge it as I was walking back. I get the feeling I could have had him survive that and it doesn't look like the game gives you any second chances...

Orv
May 4, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Question for those who might know - does the password system still allow you to summon people from outside your level range? Because I could use some higher level help on something rather dumb that I'm trying right now.

It does but the larger the range the more time it'll take you to get a summon. Also make sure you do it away from heavily summoned bonfires.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

LibbyM posted:

He's still harder than pinwheel I think.

Yeah. At least the sage has a gimmick that you have to catch on to before you can slam him into the ground (even if it's an extremely obvious one that's been done a thousand times before), while Pinwheel can be easily defeated on the first shot by someone who has no idea what he even does by just rushing in and hitting him a few times.

Hell, I don't think *I* have any idea what sort of attacks pinwheel uses. He looks neat, but calling the encounter with him a "fight" is being generous. Literally goes down faster than some of the regular enemies in the area before him.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Crystal Sage takes the new record for easiest Souls boss, probably literally the only one I've done without even taking a hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O45z0Ju3_U8

I was doing about a 3rd of the damage you were doing when I fought him. He can be kinda tricky if you gotta go through that clone stage a few times.

SuicideSnowman fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 17, 2016

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I appreciate that you get a free ember for beating a boss, but I just got invaded and killed before I could even reach the bonfire. Carrying 100k souls.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Azran posted:

Ah, RIP. Oh well, at least we can invade/summon across NG/NG+.

Hey Tallgeese, how's the anti-cheat situation? Would I get softbanned or anything if I used it offline to get more than one copy of some weapons? I like to gift poo poo :3:

It's really difficult to say. I am not able to rule it out, especially if you try to do boss souls.

I mean, there's one report of somebody being flagged for picking up a stack of 99 boss souls from someone. Thing is, they can be legitimately dropped, so...

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 17, 2016

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I actually died on Crystal Sage my first attempt. He one-shotted me with homing crystal soul mass within ten seconds of the fight starting.

I put on some armor for the second attempt and didn't have any issues. Pinwheel is easier, though.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Shotel Elite Skeletons take my award for being the most irritating enemies in any Souls game ever. Give me a pit of pinwheels over these overpowered loving things. What's best against undead? Is it blessed? My weapon isn't cutting it down here.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So I can't use the dried fingers because it causes a memory leak and hardlocks the game. That's interesting.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Jimbot posted:

Shotel Elite Skeletons take my award for being the most irritating enemies in any Souls game ever. Give me a pit of pinwheels over these overpowered loving things. What's best against undead? Is it blessed? My weapon isn't cutting it down here.

Blunt damage (I forget what that's actually called, but hammers, maces, etc).

Also, I assume blessed weapons will still prevent skeletons from reforming as they have in the past, though there's only a handful that even do it in 3 anyway.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I dunno, I had a pretty easy time backstabbing the poo poo out of everything with my Heavy Dark Sword. Except Bonewheels, gently caress those guys.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is it true that joining Rosaria's covenant makes other NPCs in the firelink not like you?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is it true that joining Rosaria's covenant makes other NPCs in the firelink not like you?

Only one: Sirris, the Darkmoon lady. Everyone else doesn't say anything.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I never noticed that there are infinite log-bearing enemies in the Road of Sacrifices before.

Also jesus the dried fingers break multiplayer even more than it already is.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The Dancer can go bite me. Just when I think I'm getting halfway competent at the game I hit a wall. :darksouls:

It's always the drat grab. I've had better luck trying to play keep away with a bow than I have with melee but regardless gently caress this boss.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Only Sirris, and even then only if you offer Rosaria a Pale Tongue. You can join and get the covenant symbol without any issue.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Harrow posted:

Also joining the fingers doesn't do anything. You have to offer Rosaria a tongue to actually annoy her.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

And my first invasion of the night is t-pose city.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What was going on in that pit under the bridge in the catacombs (you go there via smoldering lake) There were messages and blood stains everywhere saying "not a friend" etc. and blood stains but there was nothing there for me.

Quest line I missed maybe?

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Color me surprised that there is no Old Executioner boss in this game.

Lotish posted:

Is there a reason why when I put down my summon sign I get snapped up instantly (like, before I can move after leaving the sign leaving animation) but can't summon anyone to save my life?

People snatching them up faster than you can. Keep trying

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is there a reason why when I put down my summon sign I get snapped up instantly (like, before I can move after leaving the sign leaving animation) but can't summon anyone to save my life?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

NESguerilla posted:

What was going on in that pit under the bridge in the catacombs (you go there via smoldering lake) There were messages and blood stains everywhere saying "not a friend" etc. and blood stains but there was nothing there for me.

Quest line I missed maybe?

Horace I think was there.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Lotish posted:

Everyone wants help, but not enough people are helping, supply and demand I would assume.

"Unable to summon" usually means someone else got to it first.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
i just had a super weird co-op experience

went to go help someone with the cursed tree boss but for some reason the fight didn't properly activate, so we couldn't enter the fog door. there was just a tree boss without a healthbar and music.

me and the other phantom were confused but eventually just went around and unlocked the rest of the shortcuts in the other guy's world

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
This game is so good and I cannot wait to see what From works on next, if it's gonna be a Bloodborne 2 or if they're gonna do another spiritual successor for dark souls.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBhOI9ASNeU

:3: the greatest game of our time, a work of art really

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I'm up to 26 sunbro medals from invading :clint:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

turtlecrunch posted:

I can't decide if this is better than the Bloodborne roar or not.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

turtlecrunch posted:

dark souls is one of the very few series that somehow manages to be both extremely horrifying and extremely adorable at the same time.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Oceiros :stonklol:

Not a hard boss but that might be one of my favorite yet just because of how loving weird it was.

Anways, I've been doing some testing on rapport. It only seems to work on humanoid enemies, but against them its possibly the most broken spell ever added to this series. You cast it on them, they become your ally. Being your ally includes letting you bash them in the face repeatedly until they die without ever attacking you. So against single enemies its a free battle win, and against groups they tear eachother apart. Those knights I keep hearing people bitch about in Lothric castle? If I wanted to, I could just spam this spell and they would all be completely trivial.

Guess I'm gonna have to restrain myself from using it, even if it is funny as hell.

EDIT: Is the white hair talisman as good for pyromancies as the regular pyro hand is?

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 17, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Oh dear..I've found myself in quite a predicament.. Hmm...Spoilers in this album

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I honestly hope it's more dark souls and less bloodborne because bloodborne is kind of too gross and groady for me while I prefer the medieval stylings of the souls game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope the opposite because Bloodborne is my third favourite game of all time.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

there are like massive pools of actual poo poo in this game which is a step above anything in bloodborne i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Harrow posted:

She threatened to fight me but I never found her anywhere. Is there a hostile encounter with her if you join the fingers?