Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

One of the FYAD guys in the old thread said they saw the most beautiful / most horrifying things they've seen in a game were in this game. What were those btw

Ithryll skybox/the men being dragged around by their worm guts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I did abyss watchers and catacombs early but still got seriously owned by the enemies in the cathedral

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

I did abyss watchers and catacombs early but still got seriously owned by the enemies in the cathedral

There's only like 5 Cathedral Knights in the whole area but they do not gently caress around even a little.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

In Training posted:

I want the one that sounds crazy, I think it's a deep miracle that buffs health, damage, stam recovery and defense.

I've used it. It lasts for like 20 seconds. Good for maybe a quick PVP fight but not much else.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

I've used it. It lasts for like 20 seconds. Good for maybe a quick PVP fight but not much else.

Feels like a minute like any other buff

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I'd never sunbro'd before, and drat it's really fun fighting a boss over and over without having to lose to it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

I'd never sunbro'd before, and drat it's really fun fighting a boss over and over without having to lose to it.

Definitely

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

being able to switch covenants from your inventory is the best poo poo ever. being able to invade as a golden red sunbro is the best poo poo ever. being able to summon reds for duels when you're hollowed is the best poo poo ever. i love this drat game so much

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

My system is I always solo a boss, if I die, I go back and lay down a sign and get my ember back, and repeat. I catch up on item descriptions while waiting to be summoned until I've nothing left, then I just start embering myself and rushing the boss.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

HolePisser1982 posted:

being able to switch covenants from your inventory is the best poo poo ever. being able to invade as a golden red sunbro is the best poo poo ever. being able to summon reds for duels when you're hollowed is the best poo poo ever. i love this drat game so much

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

My system is I always solo a boss, if I die, I go back and lay down a sign and get my ember back, and repeat. I catch up on item descriptions while waiting to be summoned until I've nothing left, then I just start embering myself and rushing the boss.

Relationship Goals.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I've been gaming nonstop since MGSV came out.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

In Training posted:

i live to game and i game to live

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

for me its since bloodborne....this gen is unstoppable

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

i live to game and i game to live

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

for me its since bloodborne....this gen is unstoppable

i played a shitload of bloodborne and older games around that time but ever since MGSV came out its just been a nonstop chain of new releases across ps4/pc/wiiu/3ds. its incredible

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I.N.R.I posted:

seems gay when you could piut all of that in the regular game and not have to go through an entire playthrough just to get to it. u get some +1 rings and harder gameplay as it is. and frankly i dont know about you but i think the modern gaming trend of having to have rewards for every thing you choose to do in it like youre some kind of child or a dog is really tacky and patronising

I like the remixed enemy placement in DS2 a lot in NG+ , the other stuff not as much. Nice to have some surprises going through the second time

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I want the one that sounds crazy, I think it's a deep miracle that buffs health, damage, stam recovery and defense.

Honestly it's the kind of effect that's definitely noticeable and I'm sure the people who love damage calculators can explain how this miracle can break the game, but to be it feels like I get a minute wearing the best ring ever

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

i played a shitload of bloodborne and older games around that time but ever since MGSV came out its just been a nonstop chain of new releases across ps4/pc/wiiu/3ds. its incredible

Year of the Gamer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*loosens my tie and queues up 16 new mario levels in Super Mario Maker, while waiting for my invasion timer to reset in the Cathedral of the Deep, booting up Fire Emblem to make some more moves and reclass decisions, before calming down for the evening with a cold caffeine-free herbal tea and some Stardew Valley*

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

trap sprung,,, troll!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HolePisser1982 posted:

That skybox is so great. When I exited the catacombs and saw it I briefly flashed back to Yharnam...

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HORMELCHILI posted:

ive got one that goes "im so-rry" lol its really good

What did you give to get it? I want that one too. I keep mine in my quick item slot lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

That skybox is so great. When I exited the catacombs and saw it I briefly flashed back to Yharnam...

probably the coolest cliff they made since the bottom of the tree in ds1

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

ive never really parried in pvp before but the llewellyn shield is amazing for it and its sooooo fuckin satisfying

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

*loosens my tie and queues up 16 new mario levels in Super Mario Maker, while waiting for my invasion timer to reset in the Cathedral of the Deep, booting up Fire Emblem to make some more moves and reclass decisions, before calming down for the evening with a cold caffeine-free herbal tea and some Stardew Valley*

Be careful that you dont die from being too happy.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hopes and dreams for the patch:
- fix covenants that dont work
- poky weapons deal 0 damage in pvp
- fix the weird reference pose bugs when summoning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's wrong with stabbing weapons?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when you invade a host and they think they can throw you off by going in the deep slow roll part of the swamp

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

In Training posted:

Piercing is good against most armors.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

ive run into multiple hosts that are just using poky rapiers and homing soul spear , rolling away forever chugging estus and stuff and its just frustrating lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

hopes and dreams for the patch:
- fix covenants that dont work
- poky weapons deal 0 damage in pvp
- fix the weird reference pose bugs when summoning

I have successfully gotten both flavors of bluebro to work. I haven't tried watchdogs but that seems like a real low level area. Aldrich area had me get invaded like 20 times in one run lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

when you invade a host and they think they can throw you off by going in the deep slow roll part of the swamp

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also with the covs like, theres easy fixes to this poo poo. if you invade as a sunbro you're golden and get sunmedals, why cant i just be blue and get farron grass when i invade in the forest w/ the farron covenant on? its very silly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I have successfully gotten both flavors of bluebro to work. I haven't tried watchdogs but that seems like a real low level area. Aldrich area had me get invaded like 20 times in one run lol

im about to start a new character so i can keep him for low level pvp

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Dancer and Aldrich were kind of easy, but really, really, really cool.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

aldrich murdered me repeatedly. dancer was easy though lol but maybe thats just because i saw him in the network test and knew his moves already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mfw the level is kicking my rear end and im half dead just desperate to reach a bonfire or any point of respite and a darkmoon shows up

• Locked thread